Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+22
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
Nordic
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
CaptainSlow33
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
aualum06
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
gomersbro
Zurn
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Pervis Muldoon
26 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Nordic Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:41 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The ref just got confused. It’s really not that complicated.

70 is coming in to throw off the defense. Usually the guy running on the field is the one reporting. 68 reported. Ref said it was 70 because he fell for it too. 68 catches the ball and the ref is now fucked because he has to screw over one of the teams because of his fuck up.

So what will the nfl do? Nothing. The lions, if they win the first game, will have to play at the eagles instead of the other way around. From the nfl’s perspective god forbid sf lose a game now. If I were a bettin man I’d have a lot on the niners these last two games, they’ll have the refs in their pocket.

You nailed it.

We tried to confuse Dallas by running on #70 late (he didn’t need to report because he was covered by #58). but we confused the ref instead. Ref told the Dallas D #70 was eligible (not #68).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by DWags Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:45 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh hey, dwags you can appreciate this, it’s the same crew as that awful ref job in the chiefs packers game. Why do these people not only keep reffing but keep reffing prime time games. Have them do panthers bears if you really need em out there every week

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39075242/nfl-officiating-crew-scrutiny-missed-calls

Just coming to post this. Why can’t the nfl fire these guys? I don’t think a crew ever says we don’t like team. “A” let’s just screw them all night long. I do believe there are some officials that are just horrible at their job.

We were talking tonight after the MSU game. Why can’t college basketball have full-time officials? Non game days they work out and watch film pay them $100,000 a year, and be done with it. There will still be bad calls, but there will be less of them.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:49 am

Apparently in the ref report they said “70 had been reporting all game”

Which, yeah, if you know your lions lore you know that last year against the Vikings sewell reported all game for no reason only to catch the game sealing pass. So they switched it up, have someone else report all game then throw it to decker at the end. That’s no doubt what was explained to the ref ahead of time but they fucked it up anyway
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:03 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Apparently in the ref report they said “70 had been reporting all game”

Which, yeah, if you know your lions lore you know that last year against the Vikings sewell reported all game for no reason only to catch the game sealing pass. So they switched it up, have someone else report all game then throw it to decker at the end. That’s no doubt what was explained to the ref ahead of time but they fucked it up anyway

This is the deep diving analysis I pay for.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:18 am

I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to explain this to my not really caring about football but wanting to support my fandom wife in the morning.

So, the big dudes. They can’t catch a pass. Unless they tell the ref before hand that they can. But this ref thought the one big dude said he could catch it but it was really the other big dude. And the big dude who said he could catch it caught it but the ref confused big dudes.

She’s not going to get it this is hopeless
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:29 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to explain this to my not really caring about football but wanting to support my fandom wife in the morning.

So, the big dudes. They can’t catch a pass. Unless they tell the ref before hand that they can. But this ref thought the one big dude said he could catch it but it was really the other big dude. And the big dude who said he could catch it caught it but the ref confused big dudes.

Just blame Dwags
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:02 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Was definitely PI on Dallas against St. Brown on the last drive.  That could have changed the outcome.
The Lions scored like 2-3 plays later.  

Or maybe you were being sarcastic and I'm in the 10%.
No sarcasm. So, it's your contention the game would have played out exactly the same had the penalty been called?

Many things would have been different. What about the 1st down and field position due to the penalty? The play calls after the penalty could have been entirely different. What about the extra seconds to run the next play to LaPorta after the no call? Maybe the refs wouldn't have fucked up the call on Decker and we wouldn't have lost that yardage and time off the clock. The clock was a big deal with the Lions having no timeouts and needing to rush play calls.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:16 am

NFL rule book. Rule 17 unfair a TD:

SECTION 2 - EXTRAORDINARILY UNFAIR ACTS

ARTICLE 1. COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY

The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-rulebook/#rule17

I think article 2 protects the league due to an official error however.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:16 am

The problem is that if the ref really did tell the cowboys that 70 was eligible and not 68 then they can argue that that’s the only reason why 68 is wide open. And they’d have a point.

Whole situation is fucked and Detroit will just have to eat shit. Again.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:27 am

Probably the only just thing that could happen is if the 7 seed knocks off fhe 2 seed and the lions get a second round game at home afterall (which likely would be against the cowboys and sounds juicy as hell). With the way the rams and eagles are playing I don’t know that this is terribly unlikely, if that is the matchup
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:31 am

DWags wrote: NFL rule book. Rule 17 unfair a TD:

SECTION 2 - EXTRAORDINARILY UNFAIR ACTS

ARTICLE 1. COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY

The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-rulebook/#rule17

I think article 2 protects the league due to an official error however.

Seems the Extraordinarily unfair act was anyone other than Dallas winning in Dallas with playoff implications on the line late in the season on a night you publicly televise Dallas honoring a former coach with his former QB in the booth and his TV network colleagues on the field, a network camera following his every move in the stadium, and a network camera dedicated to his private booth above his name on the ring of honor. 

Maybe I’m being petty.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:18 am

I’ll defer to Wags on this because he’s forgotten more about football than probably all of us know, combined.  Dwags what are the chances that Skipper would report as eligible and line up at right tackle and be covered by Sewell and LaPorta?

I get it the referee completely fucked up and announced 70 eligible.  I’d also like to know why Skipper ran up to the ref if he wasn’t reporting as eligible? Maybe to lull the defense into subconsciously thinking he was eligible as he usually is on these plays? part of the cloaking of your play? But Jesus Dallas HAS to know he’s not eligible based on the formation no matter what the ref says.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 6 Img_0015

Last edited by kingstonlake on Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:21 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to explain this to my not really caring about football but wanting to support my fandom wife in the morning.

Update- I didn’t give her enough credit, she understood and is of the opinion that “he did a bad job. They need to correct it.”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:22 am

Yes, it was to confuse Dallas as to who is eligible. The stadium is very loud, the whole team won’t hear the ref announce who it is probably, some of them will use context clues that someone is eligible and that guy just ran in the field.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:26 am

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

No sarcasm.  So, it's your contention the game would have played out exactly the same had the penalty been called?

Many things would have been different.  What about the 1st down and field position due to the penalty?  The play calls after the penalty could have been entirely different.  What about the extra seconds to run the next play to LaPorta after the no call?  Maybe the refs wouldn't have fucked up the call on Decker and we wouldn't have lost that yardage and time off the clock.  The clock was a big deal with the Lions having no timeouts and needing to rush play calls.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 6 CHO_FOIL_FINAL_20140716_Stereo_1
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:44 am

What a bunch of jive.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:59 am

They should have ran the same play/formation again on the 3rd attempt, and made it very clear to everyone who was reporting.

And then when Dallas covered Decker with 4 guys, Goff could have walked in.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:34 am

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

No sarcasm. So, it's your contention the game would have played out exactly the same had the penalty been called?

Many things would have been different. What about the 1st down and field position due to the penalty? The play calls after the penalty could have been entirely different. What about the extra seconds to run the next play to LaPorta after the no call? Maybe the refs wouldn't have fucked up the call on Decker and we wouldn't have lost that yardage and time off the clock. The clock was a big deal with the Lions having no timeouts and needing to rush play calls.

The play with Decker was a 2 point conversion. That had no effect on the clock. The only play calls they rushed resulted in a TD.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:55 am

While clearly wrong, poor officiating is as much a part of football as 11 players on the field, and part of its hold on its fans. The reactions in this thread, and elsewhere, are part and parcel of that fact.

Go Lions
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:05 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
No sarcasm.  So, it's your contention the game would have played out exactly the same had the penalty been called?

Many things would have been different.  What about the 1st down and field position due to the penalty?  The play calls after the penalty could have been entirely different.  What about the extra seconds to run the next play to LaPorta after the no call?  Maybe the refs wouldn't have fucked up the call on Decker and we wouldn't have lost that yardage and time off the clock.  The clock was a big deal with the Lions having no timeouts and needing to rush play calls.

The play with Decker was a 2 point conversion.  That had no effect on the clock.  The only play calls they rushed resulted in a TD.  

And having less time on the clock would have worked to the Lions' advantage if the 2 point conversion was good.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:09 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The problem is that if the ref really did tell the cowboys that 70 was eligible and not 68 then they can argue that that’s the only reason why 68 is wide open. And they’d have a point.

The part you’re leaving out is penalty for the official. You make a good point about what the Cowboys could say in their defense. However, I don’t see how the official can’t be punished in this situation. That call literally has millions of dollars of implications for the city of Detroit Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dallas. Restaurants, hotels airlines. Possible victories in the playoffs where you will have more people in your city. So why should that official go unpunished?

Obviously, Detroit is on the losing end of a screw job again, but I hope the official doesn’t go unscathed
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:23 am

kingstonlake wrote:I’ll defer to Wags on this because he’s forgotten more about football than probably all of us know, combined.  Dwags what are the chances that Skipper would report as eligible and line up at right tackle and be covered by Sewell and LaPorta?

I get it the referee completely fucked up and announced 70 eligible.  I’d also like to know why Skipper ran up to the ref if he wasn’t reporting as eligible? Maybe to lull the defense into subconsciously thinking he was eligible as he usually is on these plays? part of the cloaking of your play? But Jesus Dallas HAS to know he’s not eligible based on the formation no matter what the ref says.

Zero chance in my opinion. I think the lions send 3 for context confusion. The verbiage you need to use is “report eligible “ that’s it. Official is looking at 70 and he’s hearing “report eligible”. I’m 90% sure you don’t need to say your number but I’ll look for it.

If it’s what I believe happened the lions used three guys to walk up to the official for context confusion. One guy, Decker, used the term “report eligible “ and the official was looking at 70 running up to him.

Listen to Campbell during the presser he says that he told the official exactly what he was gonna do on a trick play. Any emotions with his arm, three motions. I don’t think he wants to tell the press the first part that he told the official, which I believe was, I’m going to send two or three lineman to you, and one of them is going to report as eligible, then we are going to run a tackle eligible out of it.

I don’t think Campbell gave the numbers, I don’t think the lineman said 68 reporting eligible, I don’t think the official digested exactly who said “report eligible”. if that’s the case, I think the rule will be changed and you have to say the number that is reporting eligible.

If, you have to say your number, when you are reporting, eligible, and the lines didn’t say it, and they said was reporting, eligible, official is the one who was at fault.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:27 am

And I’m just going to add here, in the game of football you do things in the second and third quarter to set up a play that you might need in the fourth quarter. Johnson, and Campbell, were brilliant by having “70” report as eligible during the game more than once. They were training Dallas to see 70  and to mentally check that he is eligible.    They have to be very frustrated today.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:31 am

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The problem is that if the ref really did tell the cowboys that 70 was eligible and not 68 then they can argue that that’s the only reason why 68 is wide open. And they’d have a point.

The part you’re leaving out is penalty for the official.  You make a good point about what the Cowboys could say in their defense. However, I don’t see how the official can’t be punished in this situation. That call literally has millions of dollars of implications for the city of Detroit Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dallas. Restaurants, hotels airlines.  Possible victories in the playoffs where you will have more people in your city. So why should that official go unpunished?

Obviously, Detroit is on the losing  end of a screw job again, but I hope the official doesn’t go unscathed  
To be clear I don’t think it’s right, but they can easily say that if the nfl were to try to take the win away or something. Nothing will happen from that perspective. 

The ref would be justified in being fired for sure. 

The lions ran the exact same play against the Seahawks in 2021 with Boyle throwing a touchdown to decker in week 17. That’s a bit of deep deep lions lore for all of you, even that’s beyond my immediate memory as they were like 2-10-1 at the time or something
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:31 am

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I’ll defer to Wags on this because he’s forgotten more about football than probably all of us know, combined.  Dwags what are the chances that Skipper would report as eligible and line up at right tackle and be covered by Sewell and LaPorta?

Zero chance in my opinion. I think the lions send 3 for context confusion. The verbiage you need to use is “report eligible “ that’s it. Official is looking at 70 and he’s hearing “report eligible”. I’m 90% sure you don’t need to say your number but I’ll look for it.  

If it’s what I believe happened the lions used three guys to walk up to the official for context confusion. One guy, Decker, used the term “report eligible “  and the official was looking at 70 running up to him.

Listen to Campbell during the presser  he says that he told the official exactly what he was gonna do on a trick play. Any emotions with his arm, three motions. I don’t think he wants to tell the press the first part that he told the official, which I believe was, I’m going to send two or three lineman to you, and one of them is going to report as eligible, then we are going to run a tackle eligible out of it.

I don’t think Campbell gave the numbers, I don’t think the lineman said 68 reporting eligible, I don’t think the official digested exactly  who said “report eligible”.  if that’s the case, I think the rule will be changed and you have to say the number that is reporting eligible.

If, you have to say your number, when you are reporting, eligible, and the lines didn’t say it, and they said was reporting, eligible, official is the one who was at fault.

But, I think the ref has to tell (and looks like he did) the defense who is eligible. So, it shouldn't be that confusing to the defense.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:38 am

DWags wrote:

If it’s what I believe happened the lions used three guys to walk up to the official for context confusion. One guy, Decker, used the term “report eligible “  and the official was looking at 70 running up to him.

Listen to Campbell during the presser  he says that he told the official exactly what he was gonna do on a trick play. Any emotions with his arm, three motions. I don’t think he wants to tell the press the first part that he told the official, which I believe was, I’m going to send two or three lineman to you, and one of them is going to report as eligible, then we are going to run a tackle eligible out of it.

I don’t think Campbell gave the numbers, I don’t think the lineman said 68 reporting eligible, I don’t think the official digested exactly  who said “report eligible”.  if that’s the case, I think the rule will be changed and you have to say the number that is reporting eligible.

That’s kinda what I thought. The official had to see the lions set and think “wait a minute I fucked up, no way is 70 eligible”. He should have blown his whistle and audibly changed the eligible player to the crowd and obviously Dallas. It would erase thesuprise element but it would have allowed Goff to check out of the play if he sees Dallas is onto the sleight of hand. Ref completely fucked up. You could tell Campbell was furious at the presser. He basically said I told this idiot the play we were going to run. Like why bother if you’re not going to pay attention.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:42 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The ref just got confused. It’s really not that complicated.

70 is coming in to throw off the defense. Usually the guy running on the field is the one reporting. 68 reported. Ref said it was 70 because he fell for it too. 68 catches the ball and the ref is now fucked because he has to screw over one of the teams because of his fuck up.

So what will the nfl do? Nothing. The lions, if they win the first game, will have to play at the eagles instead of the other way around. From the nfl’s perspective god forbid sf lose a game now. If I were a bettin man I’d have a lot on the niners these last two games, they’ll have the refs in their pocket.

NFL should reimburse the City of Detroit the lost income if that scenario happens.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:23 am

Official won't be fired, but might lose the opportunity to do playoff games this year. Hopefully not a Lions playoff game at the very least.😂
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:32 am

Heat Miser wrote:Official won't be fired, but might lose the opportunity to do playoff games this year. Hopefully not a Lions playoff game at the very least.😂

This is bullsit but you’re dead on. FFS that call literally ost the city of Detroit millions.

[tw]1741488339822457041?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:40 am

Why is this a rule anyway? The line judge can clearly see who is eligible and who isn't.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:44 am

Anytime, ANYTIME an in game decision that could adversely effect the Cowboys in Dallas is made it’s a 99% probability that decision will be made in the Cowboys favor.

The officials ultimately work for Roger Goodell and it’s his job to protect The Shield aka the NFL business model. An 11-5 Dallas Cowboy team is better for the NFC (along with playoff media buzz and playoffs scheduling / TV ratings) than 10-6 Cowboy team and a 12-4 Detroit Lions team.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:48 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:

NFL should reimburse the City of Detroit the lost income if that scenario happens.

Let's say that they did. Then how many other cities/teams would ask to be reimbursed. There were probably other blown calls earlier in the season that directly resulted in a team winning or losing that affected the current playoff standings home field, etc. Bad calls are part of sports. If you start trying to get financial compensation for a bad call, the Leagues will constantly be tied up in litigation. No one wants that can of worms open.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:54 am

Just saw ESPN point out the tripping call. It was actually Hutch doing the tripping.😂 Game over without the other drama if they get that call right.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:08 pm

Let’s just hope that screwing of local teams this weekend isn’t limited to the lions.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:10 pm

Lions spent the entire game working to set that up, to trick Dallas, just in case. The situation presented itself and they ended up tricking Dallas and the officials. 😡

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:12 pm

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 6 Refs10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:26 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

The play with Decker was a 2 point conversion.  That had no effect on the clock.  The only play calls they rushed resulted in a TD.  
Regardless...forget the extra 8-10 seconds used up on the two plays. The entire end of game would have been different after a PI call. Not saying the Lions would have won, but it would have been different.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:51 pm

Why does the NFL still have ineligible numbers? (Almost as dumb as college basketball limited to numbers less six.) It seems with a 53 man roster you are limiting the positional switches of some players. Where players line up should be the determining factor.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:07 pm

gomersbro wrote:Why does the NFL still have ineligible numbers? (Almost as dumb as college basketball limited to numbers less six.) It seems with a 53 man roster you are limiting the positional switches of some players. Where players line up should be the determining factor.
It is to help the officials determine ineligible man downfield penalties. FWIW - in high school and college football an ineligible number can not report as an eligible receiver.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:36 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Let's say that they did.  Then how many other cities/teams would ask to be reimbursed.  There were probably other blown calls earlier in the season that directly resulted in a team winning or losing that affected the current playoff standings home field, etc.  Bad calls are part of sports.  If you start trying to get financial compensation for a bad call, the Leagues will constantly be tied up in litigation.  No one wants that can of worms open.

Maybe the Big Ten/NBC could reimburse EL area businesses for moving the Penn State game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next