Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+22
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
Nordic
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
CaptainSlow33
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
aualum06
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
gomersbro
Zurn
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Pervis Muldoon
26 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 13:51

gomersbro wrote:Why does the NFL still have ineligible numbers? (Almost as dumb as college basketball limited to numbers less six.) It seems with a 53 man roster you are limiting the positional switches of some players. Where players line up should be the determining factor.
They should have to change jerseys. Does college still do that? I'll never forget MSU (Big Bob Denton) doing that and scoring in the 90s. I was at the game and probably didn't know his number to think anything of it, but on the news they had a shot of him putting on a different number jersey on the sideline (without a name on the back) before going in and catching a TD pass.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Heat Miser Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 16:03

And of course Philly loses. Would've had the inside track on the 2 seed.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 17:12

Arizona has 4 wins and 2 of them are against Dallas and Philadelphia.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 9:39

Once again the NFL is hiding, red-faced, behind a "ya but" BS missed call to screw Detroit.

The Cowboys got all the breaks over the weekend. After poor clock management by coach Mike McCarthy nearly blew the game Saturday night, the officials gave Dallas a reprieve and the Cowboys held on to beat Detroit 20-19. The Lions were successful on a 2-point conversion to take the lead in the final minute only to have it negated by a penalty because offensive lineman Taylor Decker was an ineligible receiver when he caught the pass.

Referee Brad Allen said Decker never reported as eligible. Allen and his officiating crew missed a call on the previous drive by Dallas that may have prevented the wacky ending.

A tripping penalty on Cowboys tight end Peyton Hendershot turned a second-and-3 into a first-and-25 at Detroit’s 44. The tripping penalty should’ve been called against Lions defensive end Aidan Hutchinson instead of Hendershot. There was no comment from the league about the call on Sunday.

https://apnews.com/article/cowboys-ravens-49ers-lamar-jackson-1edc5270002fae0412f4efa25e735313
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 10:51

They also missed several holding calls on the touchdown that kept Dallas in the game in the first half. Look, there’s a difference between regular ass missed calls that are always part of the game no matter what you do and systemic fuck ups that should never ever happen. Id like to get otpts take on this.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 11:00

Missing a tripping call is one thing. Calling it on the wrong team is something else entirely. Cowboys fans would be howling over that if they had lost.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 11:04

Calls missed during a game are plentiful. Shit happens it’s a fast game. Calls that blatantly overturn a result of a game are very rare. This called changed a result of the game, and you can liken it to everyone in the world seeing a kick go through the goalpost and the refs saying it was no good.

I guess the only thing that bothers me in reflection is Deckers reaction on the field. If it was any of us that heard “68 did not report, so it’s an illegal touch” wouldn’t you rip your helmet off and start screaming at the ref? I’d be yelling “you know I reported you pos mother fu…”

Not saying he didn’t verbally say he was reporting, but I’m emotionally immature enough to throw a fit in a situation like that. I’d throw my helmet I’m sure of that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 11:06

DWags wrote:Calls missed during a game are plentiful. Shit happens it’s a fast game. Calls that blatantly overturn a result of a game are very rare. This called changed a result of the game, and you can liken it to everyone in the world seeing a kick go through the goalpost and the refs saying it was no good.  

I guess the only thing that bothers me in reflection is Deckers reaction on the field.  If it was any of us that heard “68 did not report, so it’s an illegal touch” wouldn’t you rip your helmet off and start screaming at the ref?  I’d be yelling “you know I reported you pos mother fu…”

Not saying he didn’t verbally say he was reporting,  but I’m emotionally immature enough to throw a fit in a situation like that. I’d throw my helmet I’m sure of that.
I don’t think I’ve seen how decker reacted, but Dan skipper (70) did just that. He had his helmet off and was screaming “I didn’t say a fucking word” over and over again.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 11:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:Calls missed during a game are plentiful. Shit happens it’s a fast game. Calls that blatantly overturn a result of a game are very rare. This called changed a result of the game, and you can liken it to everyone in the world seeing a kick go through the goalpost and the refs saying it was no good.  

I guess the only thing that bothers me in reflection is Deckers reaction on the field.  If it was any of us that heard “68 did not report, so it’s an illegal touch” wouldn’t you rip your helmet off and start screaming at the ref?  I’d be yelling “you know I reported you pos mother fu…”

Not saying he didn’t verbally say he was reporting,  but I’m emotionally immature enough to throw a fit in a situation like that. I’d throw my helmet I’m sure of that.
I don’t think I’ve seen how decker reacted, but Dan skipper (70) did just that. He had his helmet off and was screaming “I didn’t say a fucking word” over and over again.

Decker strikes me as well thought out and measured. I’d have been crying on the field in a fetal position
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 11:53

I think skipper was pissed because he knew he said nothing. The referee acknowledged him as to say we’re good i know youre not eligible because Decker was already there and reported. The referee fucked up and announced the wrong number and the nfl knows it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 12:45

Accurate

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 7 Img_7215
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 13:20

The NFL is making lame ass excuses, the mofo's who run the NFL haven't learned from years of other male mofo's screwing up and then trying to cover it up.

Own the mistake right out of the gate, while pointing out there is nothing that can be done to change the outcome and move on.  Put you dicks back in your pants, mofo's.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 16:57

Allen's crew has one of the Monday night double header games on Saturday this weekend. The beat goes on
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 15:12

Apparently the rams will be starting Carson Wentz this weekend against sf. The rams are in the playoffs no matter what but can be either the 6 or 7 seed. If they lose and the packers win, they will be the 7

So they’re ducking Detroit in favor of Dallas or Philly. I don’t blame them. Wouldn’t really want to play in front of a home crowd that hasn’t seen the playoffs in 30 years if I could avoid it myself.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 15:37

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 7 Img_6310
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson, Heat Miser and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 15:40

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 7 502811600 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 7 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 15:23

Lions RBs Jahmyr Gibbs, David Montgomery on the verge of history as 1,000-yard teammates
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 15:39

Dean Blandino: ‘No doubt in my mind that Taylor Decker reported’
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 17:14

The Pantry wrote:Dean Blandino: ‘No doubt in my mind that Taylor Decker reported’

On i94 and little Mack exit this morning there is a huge electronic billboard. Today it was lit up to say DECKER REPORTED. Light blue background silver writing. It’s all it said.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 17:51

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Dean Blandino: ‘No doubt in my mind that Taylor Decker reported’

On i94 and little Mack exit this morning there is a huge electronic billboard.  Today it was lit up to say DECKER REPORTED.  Light blue background silver writing.   It’s all it said.  

'Decker reported' billboards appear around Detroit after Lions' controversial loss

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 7 12-410
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Jan 2024 - 14:24

Where are you? Lions fan at with resting starters this week? They’re obviously going to get a bye, so it would be two weeks off for starters. The other thing is I think they still can be a two seed if Dallas loses. That’s a tough call. I hated when the Packers would get. Byes send rest starter for two weeks. Seems like they were rusty.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 5 Jan 2024 - 14:41

Second seed would require Dallas and Philly to both lose to Washington and giants. Not happening. 

But still, play them, at least a half. Players play bruv
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 5 Jan 2024 - 14:42

Also they’re not going to get a bye
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Fri 5 Jan 2024 - 14:43

DWags wrote:Where are you? Lions fan at with resting starters this week? They’re obviously going to get a bye, so it would be two weeks off for starters. The other thing is I think they still can be a two seed if Dallas loses. That’s a tough call. I hated when the Packers would get. Byes send rest starter for two weeks. Seems like they were rusty.

In an ideal world they'd rest the starters. That said, I appreciate that they are trying to make sure they give home fans a win to close out the season. Detroit fans have sat through enough poverty football, it's nice to actually see your time do well.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Jan 2024 - 14:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also they’re not going to get a bye

Then I’d rest them.   What time does Philly and Dallas play versus Detroit? Will the lines know the outcome?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 14:25

Aaaaand down goes LaPorta.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 14:35

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also they’re not going to get a bye

Then I’d rest them.   What time does Philly and Dallas play versus Detroit? Will the lines know the outcome?

Ok I said rest them, but if any idiot says it was the wrong move to play them because Laporta eff you. Players play. St.Briwn said they all wanted to play. Campbell is a full steam ahead type coach. There will be call in assholes second guessing. He knows his team. You play on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 14:40

Laporta will be fine, but yeah players play. How often do you see teams come out flat after bye weeks? You gotta keep the engines running
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 14:41

The real fuckery so far in this game is the refs not reviewing that spot for st brown getting the first (it was under two minutes). He clearly had it.

Apparently they also botched a call for the Vikings where they said it was third instead of second. Just incredible stuff
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 15:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Laporta will be fine, but yeah players play. How often do you see teams come out flat after bye weeks? You gotta keep the engines running

I think that’s sports talk radio blah blah. JMHO
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 15:18

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Laporta will be fine, but yeah players play. How often do you see teams come out flat after bye weeks? You gotta keep the engines running

I think that’s sports talk radio blah blah. JMHO
I do not know what sports radio says on account of not listening to it, but teams come out flat after a week off all the time. There’s danger in letting your foot off the gas
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 15:31

I just don’t think there’s any evidence that bye weeks or resting guys lead to coming out “flat”. Teams come out “flat” all the time. I would say the lions aren’t firing on all cylinders today for example.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 15:34

Dammit
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 16:08

Goff gets 1/4 million dollar bonus with those yards.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 16:18

Now, the training staff has to earn their paycheck...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 16:18

I think it’s Reynolds that gets that money
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 16:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:All loser talk put your asses on the line, cowards.

12-5, 2-1 in the playoffs
Some posters just know ball
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 16:28

Anyone else notice the PBP announcer Joe Davis said he just wanted to go home to Potterville? I took a look and he was born in Lansing and lived in Potterville before going to Beloit College for school. The guy also does Dodgers’ games and calls the World Series for Fox. Not too shabby for the guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 16:29

Who are you saying knows ball?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 16:50

I wish you bet futures. If you did we could buy a derby horse.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next