Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+22
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
Nordic
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
CaptainSlow33
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
aualum06
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
gomersbro
Zurn
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Pervis Muldoon
26 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by aualum06 2023-11-19, 20:12

Thank you Chicago Bears for Detroit Lioning the game today.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-22, 01:34

Former Lions’ QB Scott Mitchell watched Bye Bye Barry Tuesday and is he ever peeved about some of the things said about him.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/11/21/ex-detroit-lions-qb-scott-mitchell-rails-against-barry-sanders-doc/71668326007/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-11-22, 09:14

It’s in the other thread greenway but I remained flummoxed by Mitchell’s comments because the dude wasn’t mentioned at all. About as close as they come is saying things like “the team wasn’t very good in 1996” which like they weren’t so
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-11-22, 09:29

Mitchell’s best performance was in Ace Ventura.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-11-22, 09:36

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Best start since 1962.😂 Bob Segar says hello.

FTR, I was alive. My parents tell me I saw JFK in Milwaukee in 62. That also made me alive for all the packers SB’s and MSU’s NC’s in football. Sure I might die before all of you, but at least I have that going.

Me too!

I remember Kennedy, the 57 Lions not so much...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-23, 00:18

Lions will be wearing their throwbacks Thursday, plus a patch in memory of John Madden.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/11/22/23972618/detroit-lions-throwback-uniforms-thanksgiving-new-patch-madden-packers
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-23, 07:39

Watched the Barry thing last night. Got me pissed again.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-11-23, 08:14

tGreenWay wrote:Lions will be wearing their throwbacks Thursday, plus a patch in memory of John Madden.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/11/22/23972618/detroit-lions-throwback-uniforms-thanksgiving-new-patch-madden-packers

Will they be serving Madden memorial turkey's with 6 drum sticks each?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-11-23, 09:20

Best Lions team going into Thanksgiving game since 1962.  It took Sheila to take over.

My earliest memory of Lions Thanksgiving Day game was 1962.  They were 8-2 and beat the hell out of the undefeated Packers.  The Lions ahead 23-0 at halftime and my late father thought it was too good to be true.

Remember it so vividly because we were celebrating Thanksgiving at my Baptist aunt and uncle’s house and they didn’t own a TV (perceived evil at the time) so my dad and I sat in the car and listened to Van Patrick call the game.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-23, 11:41

GRR Spartan wrote:Best Lions team going into Thanksgiving game since 1962.

I might argue talent wise maybe not but “team” staff and organization wise, I’ve not seen this in my lifetime. Legit they’ve put it together. Has there been a better team in the NFL in the last 20 games?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-11-23, 12:01

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Best Lions team going into Thanksgiving game since 1962.

I might argue talent wise maybe not but “team” staff and organization wise, I’ve not seen this in my lifetime. Legit they’ve put it together. Has there been a better team in the NFL in the last 20 games?
Lions, Eagles and Chiefs are all 16-4 over their last 20 games. The Chiefs and Eagles have played a tougher schedule over the last 20 games - which included the playoffs and the Super Bowl.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-23, 12:06

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:

Lions, Eagles and Chiefs are all 16-4 over their last 20 games. The Chiefs and Eagles have played a tougher schedule over the last 20 games - which included the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

And I believe the lions played one of those two teams, and, just like the Eagles, beat them at their place. I also don’t think the lines had as much help winning that game as the Eagles did with dropped passes, etc..
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-11-23, 12:31

DWags wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Lions, Eagles and Chiefs are all 16-4 over their last 20 games. The Chiefs and Eagles have played a tougher schedule over the last 20 games - which included the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

And I believe the lions played one of those two teams, and, just like the Eagles, beat them at their place. I also don’t think the lines had as much help winning that game as the Eagles did with dropped passes, etc..
Yes, both the Lions and the Eagles won in KC over the last 20 games, but the Chiefs did win the Super Bowl, over the Eagles 38-35.

Both the Lions and Chiefs played poorly when they opened the season - both teams choosing not to play any starters in the preseason.

The fact that we are even discussing the Lions in this manner blows my mind. If they can stay healthy they are a very tough team to beat and a legitimate Super Bowl contender.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-23, 15:50

They seem to have lost a step since week 2 to maybe 6... the D used to fly around. Suffocated Love the first time around.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-27, 19:44

The Panthers fired RB coach Duce Staley, who held the same position with the Lions until a year ago when he left to coach at Carolina to be closer to family due to health issues with his mom.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/11/27/23978318/former-detroit-lions-positional-coach-fired-duce-staley-rb

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-27, 19:47

btw, the Panthers fired HC Frank Reich and talk has already started about the Panthers going after Lions’ OC Ben Johnson.
Deep breaths, Travis.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/11/27/23977746/panthers-fire-frank-reich-target-ben-johnson-again-detroit-lions
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-11-27, 20:16

He could have gone there last year, didn’t. Since then the owner forced the coach to trade one of their best players, draft the wrong quarterback, and fired the coach after 10 games. I’m not worried
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-11-27, 20:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:He could have gone there last year, didn’t. Since then the owner forced the coach to trade one of their best players, draft the wrong quarterback, and fired the coach after 10 games. I’m not worried

He will get better offers this year than the trainwreck that is Carolina
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-11-27, 23:08

Vikings lose, everything is fine again
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-27, 23:08

aualum06 wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:He could have gone there last year, didn’t. Since then the owner forced the coach to trade one of their best players, draft the wrong quarterback, and fired the coach after 10 games. I’m not worried

He will get better offers this year than the trainwreck that is Carolina

Yep. Barring something extraordinary, he’s likely going to be a HC somewhere in the NFL next season. He’s a hot commodity and can wait for a team that’s best suited for him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-28, 02:11

Lions’ LB Alex Anzalone might be out with a hand/wrist injury.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2023/11/alex-anzalone-one-of-detroits-best-defenders-could-be-out-a-little-bit.html?outputType=amp
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-12-03, 16:02

NO's Taysom Hill is one of the most fun players to watch.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-12-03, 16:26

Kenny Albert still sounds like Peter Griffin to me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-10, 15:20

I don’t know what intentional grounding is. That’s the only answer.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-10, 15:24

“The hit impacted the pass”

The pass started after the hit. The hit was first. Maybe don’t pass it when you’re falling down if you don’t want to get called for intentional grounding. Or I just don’t know what that penalty even is
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-12-10, 15:27

Lions seem fraudulent
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-12-10, 15:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:“The hit impacted the pass”

The pass started after the hit. The hit was first. Maybe don’t pass it when you’re falling down if you don’t want to get called for intentional grounding. Or I just don’t know what that penalty even is

Thought the same thing. Kind of the whole point of grounding. Also, are we sure the ball went forward? I don’t know either way, they never showed a side replay. It kinda looked like a lateral or very close. That was a major decision that seemed rushed.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-12-10, 15:39

As has been repeated many times over the decades, "Never bet the Lions"
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-10, 15:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Lions seem fraudulent
They’re not going to win the Super Bowl, if that’s the level they’re fraudulent at that’s fine. But winning the division and winning a playoff game would be huge steps forward and I think those things are still very possible
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-10, 15:43

Nordic wrote:

Thought the same thing. Kind of the whole point of grounding. Also, are we sure the ball went forward? I don’t know either way, they never showed a side replay. It kinda looked like a lateral or very close. That was a major decision that seemed rushed.
His head is below the lineman’s ass before he even starts throwing it. I can’t get over this call, it’s outrageously bad.

[tw]1733945203327898045[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-12-10, 15:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Lions seem fraudulent

Kinda feels like they have a less than zero chance of winning an outdoor game in January.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-12-10, 16:04

Losing twice to the Bears is ridiculous.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-12-10, 17:24

Watched parts of their last two games. Goff is off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-12-10, 18:12

Goff doesn’t have the time he had in the first 8-9 games and opponent’s secondaries have seen the receivers moves. Injuries to the OLine are taking their toll.

The division has seen enough of Hutchinson to know his moves. The Lion’s defense needs more pressure on opposing QB to hurry throws and keep QB scrambles to minimum yardage.

The Lions are better than last year but the need another pass usher and better OLine 2 deep. It’s hurt them in their divisional losses.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-12-10, 19:25

Think the rest of the division has figured out how to block Hutchinson and the rest of the DLine neutralizing the pass rush advantages.

Between seeing Detroit’s receiver routs for the first half and injuries to the OLine Goff has lost probably 1-1.5 seconds in the pocket. Compensating with quicker releases means more INT’s
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-10, 19:27

GRR Spartan wrote:Goff doesn’t have the time he had in the first 8-9 games and opponent’s secondaries have seen the receivers moves.  Injuries to the OLine are taking their toll.

The division has seen enough of Hutchinson to know his moves.  The  Lion’s defense needs more pressure on opposing QB to hurry throws and keep QB scrambles to minimum yardage.  

The Lions are better than last year but the need another pass usher and better OLine 2 deep.  It’s hurt them in their divisional losses.
No team in the league has oline 2 deep. It’s not realistic, there aren’t enough bodies out there for that. But you do need dudes like ragnow and vaitai to stay on the field.

Pash rush and secondary. It sucks about Mosley but Gardner Johnson will be back apparently in 2 weeks, so it’ll be nice to see how they work with him in there.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-12-10, 21:35

Nordic wrote:

It went off the linemans knee, it was illegal touching
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-12-10, 23:45

Rest of schedule not looking so easy. Denver and Minny are now at 7-6. @Dallas is an L for sure.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-12-11, 02:47

aualum06 wrote:
Nordic wrote:

It went off the linemans knee, it was illegal touching

Man, there’s a term I’ve heard yelled at me a time or three in most courtrooms in the northern Lower.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-11, 23:26

Lions magic number over the packers drops to 2 with 4 to play.

It’s still 3 over the Vikings but with their mess at qb and Jefferson hurt again that doesn’t seem like a huge threat.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next