Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill...

+28
Cym Jim
goodbar
Uno Nigel
SpartanInNH
Code_Warrior
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
InTenSity
SeeRockCity
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Izzo Court
Toe
Sparty on brah!
DWags
LoneWolfSparty
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
tanfan!
xsanguine
pulling69
Herbie Green
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 Empty Re: How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill...

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-09-13, 12:57

The problem is that everyone goes to 247 for sports info, comes here to watch the train wreck. Hard for a new sports message board to draw traffic away from another sports message board when board B has paid content generators regardless of the quality of the content.

We just need more hooks here to discuss sports more
. Heat and I have discussed a post bot that auto generates threads based on RSS feeds but its not possible on forumotion at this point. I've tried twitter stalking but the threads never get much play and one person cant keep it up over time, particularly when it seems like your just talking to yourself.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 Empty Re: How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill...

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-13, 13:00

It's a bye week.

Space coyote has some good info, but I'm lucky to know who's playing offense. Steve kinda hit it, just keep on keepin on. At some point there needs to be drama.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-13, 13:10

Sports!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-09-13, 13:29

I think things are going just fine. Just keep it going and eventually you'll get people here. More people doesn't exactly make a board better.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-09-13, 13:56

Heat Miser wrote:

You seem a little butt hurt yourself buddy. How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 1494614055
Nah. Just ****ing with you. You want more eyes? Get rid of Nigel. He's universally hated.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-09-13, 14:00

No he's not, tanner. I don't mind Nigel at all. His posting style can be a little off-putting to some, but I think you're the only one that "hates" him. Just put him on ignore.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-09-13, 14:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No he's not, tanner. I don't mind Nigel at all. His posting style can be a little off-putting to some, but I think you're the only one that "hates" him. Just put him on ignore.

Can't say that Nigel is my favorite poster, because he strikes me as too serious and a bit argumentative, but I still think he contributes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-13, 14:14

I'll try to post more. That should help.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-13, 14:36

I'm everybody's favorite poster, right guys?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-09-13, 14:38

Rocinante wrote:I'm everybody's favorite poster, right guys?

You're my favorite poster AND role model, Roc! MUAH How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 685334576
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-09-13, 14:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Everyone keep posting. Less fighting. Not every thread has to be a DSF, psychos.

Fuck you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-09-13, 14:45

xsanguine wrote:

You're my favorite poster AND role model, Roc! MUAH How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 685334576
Mine too
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-13, 15:04

Tanfan! wrote:
Nah. Just ****ing with you. You want more eyes? Get rid of Nigel. He's universally hated.

You already tried to, remember?  It didn't work.

It amuses me that you espouse free speech and you rave that this board allows for people to express themselves (without fear of banning), yet you seemingly want to get me banned, ignore duffy and don't like it when I pop you in the mouth.  Your internet bully/martyr routine doesn't work here.  I know that grinds on you, and you need to take out your aggression somewhere.  Must also suck that since the football program is doing well, that it kills your Same Old Spartans schtick.  

Here's my advice to you.  Stop being such a hypocritical pussy.

Last edited by NigelUno on 2014-09-14, 23:38; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-09-13, 15:20

Tanfan! wrote:
I thought this board was supposed to be self-policing, where instead of calling for bans, we take matters into our own hands.

I will agree, however, that Nigel's insistance on having the last word...often not even making an actual argument, but instead some little quip making fun of someone, doesn't help the board. I think it is a great example of what Travis was talking about, where less frequent posters may feel like they'll just get Nigel being an ass, instead of an actual discussion. Nigel is fine a lot of the time, but he does get annoying when he stops discussing and just posts for the sake of getting the last word.

I also think another problem here is that some people would rather post over there because more people will see it. I'd rather have 5 good posters repond to something than 50 responses from typical RCMB dorks.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-13, 15:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I thought this board was supposed to be self-policing, where instead of calling for bans, we take matters into our own hands.

I will agree, however, that Nigel's insistance on having the last word...often not even making an actual argument, but instead some little quip making fun of someone, doesn't help the board.  I think it is a great example of what Travis was talking about, where less frequent posters may feel like they'll just get Nigel being an ass, instead of an actual discussion.  Nigel is fine a lot of the time, but he does get annoying when he stops discussing and just posts for the sake of getting the last word.

I also think another problem here is that some people would rather post over there because more people will see it.  I'd rather have 5 good posters repond to something than 50 responses from typical RCMB dorks.

Who have I made fun of in an argument? If it is so prevalent, it should be easy for you find.

Making fun of Tanfan doesn't count by the way. He gets what he asks for.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-13, 15:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:Nigel is fine a lot of the time, but he does get annoying when he stops discussing and just posts for the sake of getting the last word.

And for the record, this is what Tanfan does. He won't discuss or argue (like he claims to love). Instead he'll ignore duffy or myself, and run off on a tangent about me ruining this board, or talk about banning me. He even says that on tRCMB. Do you find that annoying as well? Or is that different?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-13, 15:28

For the record, this is not me just getting the last word...this is me arguing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-13, 15:31

Nigel sucks!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-09-13, 15:33

This will not be the last word on this topic.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-09-13, 15:34

NigelUno wrote:

Who have I made fun of in an argument?  If it is so prevalent, it should be easy for you find.

Making fun of Tanfan doesn't count by the way.  He gets what he asks for.
You don't get it. You can try to single me out but as you can see EVERYONE has a negative opinion of you. You suck as a poster. And I'm 100% certain your presence is the main reason people have left and not returned. I was excited about this board initially. Then you started your same bullshit not with me but your other enemies and I called you out on it. Now you got BUTTHURT when that happened and decided to go into your typical Nigel uno dick mode and obsess and stalk me. We have a new euphemism for the board. It's called being a nigel uno. A Nigel uno is the epitomy of a dick.   How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 502811600
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-09-13, 15:35

Code_Warrior wrote:This will not be the last word on this topic.
No Nigel will continue to try to get the last word. He'll be a Nigel uno. Trust me.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-09-13, 15:36

Sparty on brah! wrote:

Roller boogie was the best.

Hell, I loved that song from the first time I heard it, and I still love it, after seeing the vid for the first time.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-13, 15:36

I don't really think nigel sucks. Most of you have at least SOME redeeming qualities.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-13, 15:38

Fuck Youuuuuuuuu!!!!

How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 Ez2do4now-407936-albums-misc-pic9385-middle-finger-bush
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-09-13, 15:38

NigelUno wrote:For the record, this is not me just getting the last word...this is me arguing.

How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 1966794946
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-13, 15:49

Tanfan! wrote:
You don't get it. You can try to single me out but as you can see EVERYONE has a negative opinion of you.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t2580-motion-fails-to-permaban-nigel-uno-much-to-tanfan-s-chagrin
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-13, 15:55

Tanfan! wrote:
And I'm 100% certain your presence is the main reason people have left and not returned.

(This is me arguing...not just getting the last word...but, taking a portion of your post and eviscerating it...after which you will cry about something else and not address the beat down I just gave your sorry ass)

Why did J_LaP and RP leave? And not come back?

Why did you leave? Shit. I'll answer that one for you. You're a giant attention whore pussy/bully/martyr who got popped in the mouth and ran away like a little girl.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Uno Nigel 2014-09-13, 16:50

Hi everyone. I don't have a grudge with any of you. You all make me happy. cheers
Uno Nigel
Uno Nigel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Uno Nigel 2014-09-13, 16:52

NigelUno wrote:

(This is me arguing...not just getting the last word...but, taking a portion of your post and eviscerating it...after which you will cry about something else and not address the beat down I just gave your sorry ass)

Why did J_LaP and RP leave?  And not come back?

Why did you leave?  Shit.  I'll answer that one for you.  You're a giant attention whore pussy/bully/martyr who got popped in the mouth and ran away like a little girl.

My my my. Your responded with multiple posts. Seems like you are angry. Seems like you are losing. Seems like Tanfan has gotten under you skin. You should be nicer like me. How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 685334576
Uno Nigel
Uno Nigel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-13, 16:53

Lemme get this straight. Rogue leader is cool with personal attacks, but Nigel gets shit on for not taking shit out at least calling out hyperbole? Do when he takes someone else's posting style and mirrors it with a different pov, people can't take it?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Uno Nigel 2014-09-13, 16:55

InTenSity wrote:Lemme get this straight. Rogue leader is cool with personal attacks, but Nigel gets shit on for not taking shit out at least calling out hyperbole? Do when he takes someone else's posting style and mirrors it with a different pov, people can't take it?

Hello InTenSity, how are you this fine afternoon? I hope you and your lovely daughter have a wonderful day.
Uno Nigel
Uno Nigel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-09-13, 20:16

NigelUno wrote:

Who have I made fun of in an argument? If it is so prevalent, it should be easy for you find.

Making fun of Tanfan doesn't count by the way. He gets what he asks for.
By "making fun of" I mean how you'll often just post the laughing smileys, or a sarcastic quip that doesn't address any points or add to the conversation. Hey, it's the wild wild west here, so I'm not complaining that you might be hurting feelings. I don't give a shit. But since this thread was about attracting/keeping new folks, I was just pointing out that things like that can be off-putting to newbies checking out the board.

And no, I'm not putting the lack of more participation here all on that by any means.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-13, 20:19

Uno Nigel wrote:InTenSity wrote:“Lemme get this straight. Rogue leader is cool with personal attacks, but Nigel gets shit on for not taking shit out at least calling out hyperbole? Do when he takes someone else's posting style and mirrors it with a different pov, people can't take it?”Hello InTenSity, how are you this fine afternoon? I hope you and your lovely daughter have a wonderful day.

I'm not falling for the 'username' gags again!

Currently watching tinkerbell....
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-13, 21:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am not tKid, but he is a good friend of mine. I have been very up front about my former usernames - Roary, Charles Rogers Clavicle, Ezekiel P. Jebediah, etc.

Holy crap!! You're Roary?? Man you and I had some battles back in the day. And you are by far the best poster up in this mug. Please never stop posting.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-13, 21:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:
By "making fun of" I mean how you'll often just post the laughing smileys, or a sarcastic quip that doesn't address any points or add to the conversation.  Hey, it's the wild wild west here, so I'm not complaining that you might be hurting feelings.  I don't give a shit.  But since this thread was about attracting/keeping new folks, I was just pointing out that things like that can be off-putting to newbies checking out the board.

And no, I'm not putting the lack of more participation here all on that by any means.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it. The next time I post a sarcastic laughing smiley, I will consider that it might hurt someone's feelings.

How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 502811600

Oh, shit. I did it again.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-13, 22:18

Tanfan! wrote:
No Nigel will continue to try to get the last word. He'll be a Nigel uno. Trust me.

You should just run back to tRCMB and talk about me. Again. How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 2 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-13, 22:24

Tanfan is a bitch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-09-13, 22:32

I'm hammered. You're welcome!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-09-13, 22:47

We need bolts.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-13, 22:50

goodbar wrote:We need bolts.

I think you mean bolt ons.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next