Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill...

+28
Cym Jim
goodbar
Uno Nigel
SpartanInNH
Code_Warrior
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
InTenSity
SeeRockCity
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Izzo Court
Toe
Sparty on brah!
DWags
LoneWolfSparty
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
tanfan!
xsanguine
pulling69
Herbie Green
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 3 Empty Re: How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill...

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-13, 22:52

All eyes on us!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 3 Empty Re: How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill...

Post by goodbar 2014-09-13, 22:57

InTenSity wrote:

I think you mean bolt ons.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t3021-tombstone-az
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-13, 23:13

Holy shit. I couldn't see that pic at work,I assumed it was mountains. That's hilarious.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-13, 23:14

Bring back FTW with AUTHORITY!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-09-13, 23:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Tanfan is a bitch
Let's fuck
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-13, 23:59

Getting Ross to leave for good would be a good place to start.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-13, 23:59

gHost Spartan wrote:You have to define what your expectations are for the Swill then plan accordingly. If the goal is to be a premiere msu forum then invest the money and promote the board.

There's a reason the demographic is mostly 30 something males. Kids are mostly on some type of social media. There's a limited message board consumer now.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-09-14, 00:46

Threads discussing how the USA is doing in various sports seem to do well. I'm happy to start more of those. The three day event scene has been very interesting lately.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-09-14, 00:55

Cym Jim wrote:
Threads discussing how the USA is doing in various sports seem to do well. I'm happy to start more of those. The three day event scene has been very interesting lately.

Can you start one about FIBA?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by green night 2014-09-14, 19:53

Heat Miser wrote:How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 3 2599972566 What's missing? Post your suggestions ITT. No idea too stupid...unless you're Blanch, gHost, Tanfan, or Bob.

FYI...I've already looked into a vBookie equivalent. No dice.

we need more content on the site ... articles, serious questions, links to serious subjects ...the site has a healthy bit of sarcasm ... but needs some more serious discussion.
green night
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-09-14, 20:08

Skywrite "tSwill" over East Lansing on Saturday?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-14, 20:11

CrazySparty wrote:Skywrite "tSwill" over East Lansing on Saturday?

Charge it to Dave Brandon's account at the skywriting company.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Uno Nigel 2014-09-14, 21:23

Let's hope and pray all of my prayers for Nigel will do the trick.
Uno Nigel
Uno Nigel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-14, 21:51

Have Dendro post nude selfies.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-14, 22:28

pulling69 wrote:Have Dendro post nude selfies.

Considering she doesn't even post here anymore, just getting her to post would be a start.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-09-14, 23:08

Welp, here is some info. There is very much a historical precedent for this. Basically seems like we need some shit to happen that is going to be too hush-hush to talk about over there.

http://wiki.utexasclan.com/index.php?title=Shaggy_Timeline#2007
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-15, 00:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Welp, here is some info. There is very much a historical precedent for this. Basically seems like we need some shit to happen that is going to be too hush-hush to talk about over there.

http://wiki.utexasclan.com/index.php?title=Shaggy_Timeline#2007

I'm sure Uno Nigel is a step in the right direction. Rolling Eyes
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-15, 00:20

A 2000 posts in a weekend challenge is interesting. Miser would have to remove the 15 second thing. That's bullshit anyway.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-15, 00:42

Rocinante wrote:A 2000 posts in a weekend challenge is interesting. Miser would have to remove the 15 second thing. That's bullshit anyway.

8.33 hours. Doable under current parameters. I can't remember ever hitting the 15 second limit. If you're posting that quick, you need to stop and think a little more about what you're posting. Unless of course your posts consist of "bump" & "this".
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-15, 00:44

Should we lose the right hand column?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-15, 00:45

Heat Miser wrote:If you're posting that quick, you need to stop and think a little more about what you're posting.

Coming from you in light of recent events this is hilarious.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-15, 00:49

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:If you're posting that quick, you need to stop and think a little more about what you're posting.

Coming from you in light of recent events this is hilarious.

I proofread what I posted and still stand by it. At least it was an actual honest opinion rather than "you're a great American" or some other dumb shit.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-15, 00:53

Heat Miser wrote:

8.33 hours. Doable under current parameters. I can't remember ever hitting the 15 second limit. If you're posting that quick, you need to stop and think a little more about what you're posting. Unless of course your posts consist of "bump" & "this".

TrollRoss has complained about the 15 second thing...he said it limits him Shocked
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-15, 00:55

pulling69 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

TrollRoss has complained about the 15 second thing...he said it limits him Shocked

Which is exactly why it exists.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-15, 01:14

Sometimes I have a follow up thought and rather than edit a post I just want to post again. Sometimes that's in less than 15 seconds. I think fast.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-15, 02:26

gHost Spartan wrote:You can't try to achieve something without first identifying what your goal is - do you want to compete with the RCMB, or just create a new MSU message board that's just a fun place to bullshit and talk MSU and Michigan sports? Why not market the board? Invest in fliers and pay kids or students to pass them to Spartans entering the stadium.  I really don't think the average Joe MSU fan even knows about the rcmb, certainly not the Swill. You have to take this project seriously and identify your goals otherwise you're just wasting your time

This is a good point. I feel like we are in the middle right now. Honestly, I don't mind this place at all. It's a closer board as the users that actually post a lot is pretty low for a board. But it's still entertaining, and that's all I really ask. I don't think we even have to try to "compete" with RCMB. It's already built and has 24/7 to hold it up. This place is different, and I still enjoy it. Is it active enough? Probably not. But I don't need it to be.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-09-15, 08:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

This is a good point. I feel like we are in the middle right now. Honestly, I don't mind this place at all. It's a closer board as the users that actually post a lot is pretty low for a board. But it's still entertaining, and that's all I really ask. I don't think we even have to try to "compete" with RCMB. It's already built and has 24/7 to hold it up. This place is different, and I still enjoy it. Is it active enough? Probably not. But I don't need it to be.
I gotta say both boards are pretty slow.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-15, 08:53

Heat Miser wrote:

I proofread what I posted and still stand by it. At least it was an actual honest opinion rather than "you're a great American" or some other dumb shit.

Nothing wrong with an honest opinion. I think the reaction to it was more interesting.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-15, 08:56

gHost Spartan wrote:You can't try to achieve something without first identifying what your goal is - do you want to compete with the RCMB, or just create a new MSU message board that's just a fun place to bullshit and talk MSU and Michigan sports? Why not market the board? Invest in fliers and pay kids or students to pass them to Spartans entering the stadium.  I really don't think the average Joe MSU fan even knows about the rcmb, certainly not the Swill. You have to take this project seriously and identify your goals otherwise you're just wasting your time

This isn't a for profit enterprise (as far as I know anyway).

It's just a place for people to kill time and talk about whatever.

It doesn't have to compete with tRCMB. It doesn't have to be "better" than tRCMB...although we all know it is.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-15, 09:02

Heat Miser wrote:Should we lose the right hand column?

I don't mind it. Does it automatically provide the latest MSUspartans.com articles?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-15, 09:03

NigelUno wrote:

This isn't a for profit enterprise (as far as I know anyway).

It's just a place for people to kill time and talk about whatever.

It doesn't have to compete with tRCMB.  It doesn't have to be "better" than tRCMB...although we all know it is.  

Not only that, but we've got 750+ registered users. A modest goal could be to get more than 2% of them to post on a given day.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-15, 09:04

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Should we lose the right hand column?

I don't mind it.  Does it automatically provide the latest MSUspartans.com articles?

Yes
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-15, 09:07

for the record, I don't have a problem with anyone here.. or the substance of the board.

oh, and.. You may now ignore Bob
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-15, 09:12

Heat Miser wrote:

Yes

Maybe I'll start linking them on the board.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-09-15, 09:22

doing my duty and posting.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-09-15, 09:32

lets goooooooooooooooo! we're gonna post so much!!
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-15, 09:34

AMwood wrote:doing my duty and posting.

Huh huh huh, you said duty.....
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-15, 10:44

AMwood wrote:doing my duty and posting.

Guess I should've said post something of substance. How to Draw More Eyeballs to tSwill... - Page 3 294152859
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-15, 10:49

Heat Miser wrote:AMwood wrote:“doing my duty and posting.”Guess I should've said post something of substance.

You mean where some one just repeats their self over and over and over again even when it wasn't funny the first time.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-15, 10:50

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:AMwood wrote:“doing my duty and posting.”Guess I should've said post something of substance.  

You mean where some one just repeats their self over and over and over again even when it wasn't funny the first time.

Yeah, I don't consider that substance. Too bad we don't have post merge.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next