Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draymond Green

+41
GRR Spartan
Trapper Gus
Motown Spartan
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Nordic
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
DWags
Blanch32
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Giant Moose
Herbie Green
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Tim Wakefield
StylesGShmooth
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Rodeo Burger
SpartanInNH
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
WCS
green night
SawGreen
JEK
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
Dr. Leo Spaceman
The Lonely Stoner
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
BtothejizA
pulling69
Other Teams Pursuing That
Pervis Muldoon
Brock Middlebrook
45 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Draymond Green - Page 7 Empty Re: Draymond Green

Post by NigelUno 2023-05-17, 08:12

Maybe Kerr was taking a cue from Draymond. Probably something they discussed during the season and playoffs (or just after).

Draymond Green admits Jordan Poole punch screwed up Warriors' season: 'We would still be playing'
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-05-17, 08:45

Different writer, different headline

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/steve-kerr-on-golden-state-s-offseason-if-draymond-s-not-back-we-re-not-a-championship-contender/ar-AA1bhnM1

In Kerry’s opinion, one player is key to Golden State being a contender in the 23-24 season.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-05-17, 09:02

GRR Spartan wrote:Different writer, different headline

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/steve-kerr-on-golden-state-s-offseason-if-draymond-s-not-back-we-re-not-a-championship-contender/ar-AA1bhnM1

In Kerry’s opinion, one player is key to Golden State being a contender in the 23-24 season.

Ball is in Draymond's hands. If he only wants to play one more year, then he'll activate his player option. If he wants a 3-4 year deal, then he'll go the free agent route. I don't think he'll give much of a home town discount to the Warriors.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-05-17, 09:38

GRR Spartan wrote:Different writer, different headline

In Kerr’s opinion, one player is key to Golden State being a contender in the 23-24 season.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-06-22, 16:05

Draymond Green - Page 7 276803595

Sources: Wizards to send Chris Paul to Warriors for Jordan Poole
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-06-22, 18:31

Warriors choose. Poole is gone.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-06-22, 18:53

NigelUno wrote: Draymond Green - Page 7 276803595

Getting rid of Poole and getting Paul seems like addition by subtraction and then subtraction by addition.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-06-22, 20:54

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
NigelUno wrote: Draymond Green - Page 7 276803595

Getting rid of Poole and getting Paul seems like addition by subtraction and then subtraction by addition.

I was told there wouldn’t be any math.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-12-13, 06:32

Just give him 30 games and be done with it.

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2023-12-13, 09:12; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-12-13, 08:21

getting worried about him. Hope he gets out of the NBA without being a complete ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-13, 09:23

That was not a basketball move.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-12-14, 08:58

DWags wrote:getting worried about him. Hope he gets out of the NBA without being a complete ass.

I think it's worked out well for him. He was impersonated on SNL this season and his picture was the punchline to a joke on Weekend Update a week or two ago, so he's become part of the culture. And because he's smart and engaging, he will be able to capitalize on the fame - just like Barkley.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-14, 09:09

Emotion is good. Passion is good.

But, if your emotion is impacting the success of your team, that's a big problem.

I don't think the Warriors worry that much about seeding. But, if they miss the playoffs...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-12-14, 11:06

NigelUno wrote:Emotion is good.  Passion is good.

But, if your emotion is impacting the success of your team, that's a big problem.

I don't think the Warriors worry that much about seeding.  But, if they miss the playoffs...

Draymond Green’s inability to control his temper when he thinks he’s being fouled has gotten him suspended indefinitely which is just what the teams in the division and on the Warriors schedule want.  Plus he’s become the official whipping boy of the media.  

The rest of the team’s in the league know if they put their designated pest or goon on Green, he’ll eventually lose it.  The Warriors without Green are a much easier team to defend against and the Warriors also lose Green’s defensive rebounding.  Green has got to realize he’s on the NBA’s shit list and many one outside of the Warriors organization would wouldn’t be disappointed if it was a lifetime ban.

Green will be 34 this season.  If he can get control of his emotions he could play 2-4 more years.  Love him or hate him Green still give you an additional coach whose n the floor.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2023-12-14, 15:24; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-12-14, 13:48

Indefinite suspension by the NBA. Dude needs to get his shit together.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-07, 08:19

The Pantry wrote:Indefinite suspension by the NBA. Dude needs to get his shit together.

Draymond is just a dude trying to win championships and there’s nothing wrong with him.

Also, he’s coming back. My advice to him would be this: don’t take the bait just make an offer to the opposing teams goon ‘meet me in the parking lot after the game’.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-28, 09:25

C’mon DayDay. Everyone of us is hoping this career ends great. I’m getting more concerned something really dumb happens. Guy is so well thought out and cool on his podcast.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-28, 09:41

Meh, Barkley kind of went down in flames with his playing career and is still one of the main voices of the sport. Draymond will be just fine once he's done.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-28, 09:44

Those foul calls were kinda ridiculous though.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-28, 09:51

I’m not worried.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-28, 10:04

His teammates seem to be a bit miffed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-03-28, 10:19

DWags wrote:His teammates seem to be a bit miffed.

Rightfully so. His antics hurt the team.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-28, 10:29

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:His teammates seem to be a bit miffed.

Rightfully so. His antics hurt the team.

This is why I think something is not right with him. Above everything in his whole career all he wants to do is win he didn’t care about stats, he didn’t care about personal glory, he cared about victories

He knows damn well by getting kicked out of the game that it hurts his teammates. It hurts his team as far as the goal of winning the game. So he’s going to let a bad call or somebody whispering something to him, disrupt what he holds, dearest That’s his team winning.

Who doesn’t love his passion? I do Woody Hayes and Bobby Knight also had that kind of passion
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-28, 10:51

The anger is not being managed.

Need to get a refund on the course.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-28, 17:37

Green has to learn when to stop but I also know there are NBA officials who know Green is one guy they can toss with few questions. I watch enough NBA to see other players give officials grief and get warnings even when they persist.

Green's latest episode reminded me of when Al Anagonye was playing for Izzo and the buzz was how physical MSU was on defense and rebounding. There were a lot of games where Big Al got a foul based on reputation and his imposing physique.

Going back to Green, he has to only talk to his teammates and coaches because in my opinion there are some NBA referees just looking for an excuse to eject Green.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-28, 17:44

GRR Spartan wrote:Green has to learn when to stop but I also know there are NBA officials who know Green is one guy they can toss with few questions.    I watch enough NBA to see other players give officials grief and get warnings even when they persist.

Green's latest episode reminded me of when Al Anagonye was playing for Izzo and the buzz was how physical MSU was on defense and rebounding.  There were a lot of games where Big Al got a foul based on reputation and his imposing physique.  

Going back to Green, he has to only talk to his teammates and coaches because in my opinion there are some NBA referees just looking for an excuse to eject Green.

He’s not exactly a league hierarchy favorite. My guess is that comes from above. He’s a black eye for the NBA’s brand. Deservedly so. How many times you gonna kick and punch people in the junk? If he didn’t go to MSU I assume most of us would say he’s a POS.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, DWags and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-28, 17:52

kingstonlake wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Green has to learn when to stop but I also know there are NBA officials who know Green is one guy they can toss with few questions.    I watch enough NBA to see other players give officials grief and get warnings even when they persist.

Green's latest episode reminded me of when Al Anagonye was playing for Izzo and the buzz was how physical MSU was on defense and rebounding.  There were a lot of games where Big Al got a foul based on reputation and his imposing physique.  

He’s not exactly a league hierarchy favorite. My guess is that comes from above. He’s a black eye for the NBA’s brand. Deservedly so. How many times you gonna kick and punch people in the junk? If he didn’t go to MSU I assume most of us would say he’s a POS.

Our three biggest stars in the league are JJJ , Miles Bridges, and DayDay. . Tillman is great, but face it those three are the face of Michigan State. One of them is giving us a not very good look. One of them is giving us a great look. And day day is giving us that look of up and down

I just don’t want him to do anything that ruins, a legacy of one of the greatest players in NBA history because he is definitely top 100 of all time Holding my breath
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

GRR Spartan and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-03-29, 08:46

kingstonlake wrote:

I had a class with him at MSU. Spartan or not, I firmly believe the dude is a major POS. I can't cheer for anyone who treats people the way he did/apparently still does.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-29, 10:17

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
I had a class with him at MSU. Spartan or not, I firmly believe the dude is a major POS. I can't cheer for anyone who treats people the way he did/apparently still does.

Bro, that's the vast majority of jocks, especially college age... And the "great" ones are the worst.

Anyone have any Kirk Gibson stories they want to share? Skiles? Mateen?

The "good guys" are so rare, people go out of their way to say how good they are. (Cousins.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-03-29, 10:21

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Bro, that's the vast majority of jocks, especially college age... And the "great" ones are the worst.

Anyone have any Kirk Gibson stories they want to share? Skiles? Mateen?

The "good guys" are so rare, people go out of their way to say how good they are. (Cousins.)

That's cool man. All I know is that I had classes/frequently crossed paths with Kirk Cousins, Justin Abdelkader, Javon Ringer, and Otis Whiley when they were considered "big men on campus." They all managed to treat people with basic respect, even when they were having bad days. Draymond was an asshole. Plain and simple. That was my experience with him, and I've never liked him because of it. It looks like it has only gotten worse after college. If people want to cheer for him, that's fine - I won't tell you not to - but I can't. Dude is a trash human.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-29, 10:53

I had a class with J Rich and he was the nicest dude.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-29, 11:02

Ironic a member of MSU’s marching band where hazing of freshman was common place is lecturing how people should be treated.

So the former marching band doesn’t like Draymond Green because of the way Green acted towards classmates.  Green left campus in 2012.  

A grudge like that sounds like a mother-in-law in a past life.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2024-03-29, 11:03; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-03-29, 11:02

Motown Spartan wrote:I had a class with J Rich and he was the nicest dude.

Kirk Cousins was in my lab group for a gen-ed science class. He was the backup QB at the time, but he was such a genuinely nice guy. Kind of weird, but in an endearing way.

Javon Ringer sat near me in one of my lecture classes. He kept to himself, but one day I got up the courage to introduce myself to him, and tell him that my grandma was his biggest fan. I wished I would have introduced myself earlier, because he was one of the kindest people I've ever met. After that, he'd always go out of his way to say hi to me in class, or when he'd see me on campus.

Justin Abdelkader and I knew a lot of the same people, so it wasn't unusual for he and I to be in the same places at the same time. He was always pleasant to be around. I wouldn't say he and I were friends, but he was always decent to be around.

Otis Whiley would come in to the QD I used to work at. It was usually super early, and no one could have blamed him for keeping to himself, but he'd always take a couple extra minutes to chat with me while I was working the cash register. He was a pretty important piece of our secondary and special teams at the time, but he always seemed to be in a good mood. I always enjoyed my interactions with him.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-03-29, 11:04

GRR Spartan wrote:Ironic a member of MSU’s marching band where hazing of freshman was common place is lecturing how people should be treated.

So the former marching band doesn’t like Draymond Green because of the way Green acted towards classmates.  Green left campus in 2012.  

A grudge like that sounds like a mother-in-law in a past life.

LOL, what does it even matter to you? I'm not telling you that you shouldn't like Draymond, just that I don't. My experiences with him are my own, it's fine with me if you don't share them.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-29, 11:04

You should sue Green for emotional damage then pray to the little baby Jesus you don’t get sued for being a band member who stayed silent while others were hazed.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-03-29, 11:06

GRR Spartan wrote:You should sue Green for emotional damage then pray to the little baby Jesus you don’t get sued for being a band member who stayed silent while others were hazed.

I was a member of the band from 06-09. Madden had squashed hazing by that point, but I guess if someone wants to sue me they can. Also you seem more upset about this than me. I just said I don't like Draymond - only one that seems to be getting emotional and hormonal about it is...well, you.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-29, 11:10

I knew a couple of his cousins. Good people to the core. They had a tepid at best opinion of him. And I’m being nice in my characterization.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-03-29, 11:11

kingstonlake wrote:I knew a couple of his cousins. Good people to the core. They had a tepid at best opinion of him. And I’m being nice in my characterization.

Careful. This has apparently become a very emotional topic for one of us.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-29, 13:42

kingstonlake wrote:I knew a couple of his cousins. Good people to the core. They had a tepid at best opinion of him. And I’m being nice in my characterization.
My wife crossed paths with his family (Mom) in Saginaw... they/she earned the "Sagnasty" moniker.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2024-04-13, 08:36

Draymond had 12 rebounds and 11 assists last night while going 0-0 from the floor and 0-0 from the line, becoming the first player in NBA history to record a double-double without taking a shot.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next