Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..

+27
CheesySpartan
Jake from State Farm
xsanguine
InTenSity
MasonGuy
Turtleneck
Vlad
Cym Jim
Snake Plissken
Motown Spartan
Cameron
HT
steveschneider
kingstonlake
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Brock Middlebrook
Giant Moose
DWags
WhiteGreenShow
goodbar
The_Dude
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
31 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 Empty Re: As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-23, 13:57

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Can that happen yet... Or what... The fact that these things are not in place yet is mind boggling. Get the old ass conservatives the fuck outta there. What a joke.

So Obama is a conservative?   He's the one pushing pot raids.

If he is doing that, then I guess he is conservative when it comes to pot.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 Empty Re: As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-23, 13:57

LooseGoose wrote:

Can that happen yet... Or what... The fact that these things are not in place yet is mind boggling. Get the old ass conservatives the fuck outta there. What a joke.

So Obama is a conservative?  
pretty much.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-23, 14:29

I hope this thread never dies. Like the bump when drunk thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-23, 14:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I hope this thread never dies. Like the bump when drunk thread.

This thread will rise again.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-23, 15:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I hope this thread never dies. Like the bump when drunk thread.
it's a classic.. rooted in tragedy but has managed to shine light on some important areas of society... it was this thread that started the national conversation on the confederate flag. I feel sure about it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-23, 15:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it's a classic.. rooted in tragedy but has managed to shine light on some important areas of society... it was this thread that started the national conversation on the confederate flag. I feel sure about it.

I saw you shopping with Mrs. Sak last night but did not say hello. I just took a pic.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 Confederate-butt
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-23, 15:27

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I saw you shopping with Mrs. Sak last night but did not say hello. I just took a pic.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 Confederate-butt
As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 4198636888 As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 4198636888
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-23, 15:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
And solved one of the world's most pressing problems.   What a fucking achievement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-06-23, 16:26

The_Dude wrote:

Yeah, remember when Obama legalized weed and gay marriage

Your views and what's reality don't align. That's ok most liberals live in lala land.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-23, 16:30

The_Dude wrote:

Your views and what's reality don't align. That's ok most liberals live in lala land.

Says the the guy that has never had an original thought in his life.  The only reality you are aware of is the reality somebody convince you of. Reality is fiction.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-06-24, 10:30; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-06-23, 16:41

Turtleneck wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

please list all the democratic politicians in congress that have introduced bills to legalize your social issues you want...( crickets).

Pay attention to actual reality and facts not your own delusions on what you think happens.

Says the the guy that has never had an original thought in his life. The only reality you are aware of is the reality somebody else convince you was indeed reality. Reality is fiction.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-24, 02:39

http://www.unprecedentedmediocrity.com/the-allahu-akbar-reason-to-remove-the-south-carolina-confederate-flag/

Good write up

If you were to ask me in the 90’s whether a Confederate Flag should be removed, feeling like a good southern progressive Christian I would have said, nonsense, it is just history. Consider me straight out of To Kill a Mockingburg.

But then I grew up and gained a remarkable trait called empathy and understanding for one’s experiences. I never considered myself racist or a bigot growing up, and yet, as I lived the adult experience and travelled the world much thanks to the Marine Corps I realized I might have been holding on to a bit of naïve ignorance.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 07:40

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
And solved one of the world's most pressing problems.   What a fucking achievement.
I'm sorry that you seem upset that there is now a national movement - that even involves some otherwise backwards republicans - to remove a symbol of hate and racism.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 08:26

kinda fun watching the right wing knuckle-draggers eating their own.. both Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter - two renowned beacons of right wing racial tolerance - are eating Nikki Haley alive.. As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-24, 09:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:kinda fun watching the right wing knuckle-draggers eating their own.. both Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter - two renowned beacons of right wing racial tolerance - are eating Nikki Haley alive.. As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 502811600

Fwiw, I don't think anyone actually respects her. It's just that south Carolina doesn't offer much of a choice due to their history, which you are free to rip on
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 09:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
I'm sorry that you seem upset that there is now a national movement - that even involves some otherwise backwards republicans - to remove a symbol of hate and racism.

Luckily I can still buy symbols of peace and love on the same sites banning that killer flag.....

Amazon
As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 VideoGames

Etsy - nothing said peace and love like a good weather underground bombing.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 Weather
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-24, 09:50

Goose is worrying me with all of his defense of the confederate flag...
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-24, 09:56

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. IMHO the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and hate to only those that interpret it that way, or use it as such. To me it's just a flag that looks kinda cool. Should we abolish the American flag because it's a horrible symbol to Japanese held on camps here or the American Indian?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-24, 10:01

kingstonlake wrote:Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. IMHO the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and hate to only those that interpret it that way, or use it as such. To me it's just a flag that looks kinda cool. Should we abolish the American flag because it's a horrible symbol to Japanese held on camps here or the American Indian?
I'm not sure, but I do find it hypocritical that both Maryland and Virginia are now up in arms about the confederate flag on license plates but both states allow Redskins custom plates.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:03

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 Weather
a solid Dylan reference.. As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:04

kingstonlake wrote:Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. IMHO the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and hate to only those that interpret it that way, or use it as such. To me it's just a flag that looks kinda cool. Should we abolish the American flag because it's a horrible symbol to Japanese held on camps here or the American Indian?
not a bad idea.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-24, 10:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not a bad idea.

We should just replace it with this one.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 AD-03_2_1_1

Last edited by Giant Moose on 2015-06-24, 10:06; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-24, 10:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not a bad idea.

Easy, Che'
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:07

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not a bad idea.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 AD-03_2_1_1
As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 1486952199

but what will republicans use to wipe tears of patriotism away as they clutch their bibles and guns? As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-24, 10:08

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not a bad idea.

More true words have never been spoken.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:08

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not a bad idea.

Easy, Che'
As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:11

we could celebrate how obesity, poor test scores, the mainstream media and reality TV shows have all enjoyed record success under this glimmering symbol of hope..

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 American-Flag-Guns

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 10:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose is worrying me with all of his defense of the confederate flag...
I defend freedom my friend.

IF someone wants to fly the battle flag, let them.   Nothing's hidden and everyone seeing it can make their own judgments on that person.

If someone wants to wear a Stalin shirt, let them.  People can judge what they think of them.

It's like we're all lily livered pussies anymore and can't even gaze upon something that might offend us without getting a case of the vapors.

You do not remove any "hate" from the world by banning a flag, in fact the reality is that you probably create more hate.  So why go through this whole charade that we're actually accomplishing something?

Another example from the last few days is everyone wanting to classify these killings as "hate" crimes.  So the fuck what?   Isn't murdering someone a hate crime in every case?  I doubt many people have killed others out of pure love.  Making a murder a hate crime doesn't make it any more heinous, nor the victim any more or less dead so why all the uproar over classifying them as such?

Too much of the world today is symbolism over substance.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2015-06-24, 10:13; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:13

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose is worrying me with all of his defense of the confederate flag...

IF someone wants to fly the battle flag, let them.   Nothing's hidden and everyone seeing it can make their own judgments on that person.

If someone wants to wear a Stalin shirt, let them.  People can judge what they think of them.

It's like we're all lily livered pussies anymore and can't even gaze upon something that might offend us without getting a case of the vapors.

You do not remove any "hate" from the world by banning a flag, in fact the reality is that you probably create more hate.  So why go through this whole charade that we're actually accomplishing something?

Another example from the last few days is everyone wanting to classify these killings as "hate" crimes.  So the fuck what?   Isn't murdering someone a hate crime in every case?  I doubt many people have killed others out of pure love.  Making a murder a hater crime doesn't make it any more heinous, nor the victim any more or less dead so why all the uproar over classifying them as such?

Toby Keith lyrics?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 10:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Another example from the last few days is everyone wanting to classify these killings as "hate" crimes.  So the fuck what?   Isn't murdering someone a hate crime in every case?  I doubt many people have killed others out of pure love.  Making a murder a hater crime doesn't make it any more heinous, nor the victim any more or less dead so why all the uproar over classifying them as such?

Toby Keith lyrics?
Never heard a Toby Keith song in my life to my knowledge.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:15

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Toby Keith lyrics?
he loves jesus.

and guns.

and America.

you'd probably like him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-24, 10:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
he loves jesus.

and guns.

and America.

you'd probably like him.
Guess I'm a knuckle dragging conservative?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:18

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
he loves jesus.

and guns.

and America.

you'd probably like him.
you can be whatever you want, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:19

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Toby Keith lyrics?
here he is.. truly a great American.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 6 Toby-keith-countrymusicislove2-225x300

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 10:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
he loves jesus.

and guns.

and America.

you'd probably like him.
Sounds like a great guy but he's a country crooner and the only one of those I listen to much is the man in black.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-24, 10:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:
As long as I don't offend anybody though, right?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:24

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
he loves jesus.

and guns.

and America.

you'd probably like him.
Sounds like a great guy but he's a country crooner and the only one of those I listen to much is the man in black.
he really is - also, he's pudgy. Combining that with guns, jesus and red, white and blue, he's pretty much the perfect American.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:25

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
As long as I don't offend anybody though, right?
no dude - you can offend anyone you want. That's the beauty of America.

(though Loose Goose seems a little touchy sometimes.. he'd probably support your right to offend, though).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 10:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
he really is - also, he's pudgy. Combining that with guns, jesus and red, white and blue, he's pretty much the perfect American.
Is he more or less judgmental than you?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-24, 10:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The world is slightly more tolerant than it used to be thanks to this thread. Judging from your sarcasm it seems like you enjoy the status quo. You'd be in my prayers if I believed in fairy tales.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next