Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..

+27
CheesySpartan
Jake from State Farm
xsanguine
InTenSity
MasonGuy
Turtleneck
Vlad
Cym Jim
Snake Plissken
Motown Spartan
Cameron
HT
steveschneider
kingstonlake
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Brock Middlebrook
Giant Moose
DWags
WhiteGreenShow
goodbar
The_Dude
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
31 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 Empty Re: As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-24, 10:26

Liberals/Conservatives

Two sides of the same coin.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 Empty Re: As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-24, 10:27

Page 7. BOOYA
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:28

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
he really is - also, he's pudgy. Combining that with guns, jesus and red, white and blue, he's pretty much the perfect American.
Is he more or less judgmental than you?
I've never met hm. He doesn't seem to like brown folks, though. But loves jesus and guns. So there's that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-24, 10:29

kingstonlake wrote:Page 7. BOOYA

What social cause should we champion next? I vote more Chick-Fil-A access to Michiganders.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
And solved one of the world's most pressing problems.   What a fucking achievement.

The world is slightly more tolerant than it used to be thanks to this thread. Judging from your sarcasm it seems like you enjoy the status quo. You'd be in my prayers if I believed in fairy tales.
it's a good point - since the inception of this thread, you've had prominent republicans come out against the confederate flag... that is true progress.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-06-24, 10:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Page 7. BOOYA

What social cause should we champion next? I vote more Chick-Fil-A access to Michiganders.
You mean that place that hates gays and isn't open on Sundays?

All right. Let's get this bitch started
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:32

Confederate Flag Removed From the Grounds of the Alabama Capitol
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-24, 10:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

With our help I bet we could get them to stay opened for a few hours on Sunday. After church of course.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:35

another glorious aspect of this thread - a thread that was born in tragedy - is that it would've been deleted at tRCMB and half of the participants in it would've been banned.

god bless America and tSwill - two bastions of free speech. As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 3493939353

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 10:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

With our help I bet we could get them to stay opened for a few hours on Sunday. After church of course.
maybe if we brought the church bulletin and/or a Tea Party/KKK membership card, we could get a discount on their deep-fried goodness?

you guys need to get busy with this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-24, 10:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Confederate Flag Removed From the Grounds of the Alabama Capitol
SHIT JUST GOT REAL!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 11:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
And solved one of the world's most pressing problems.   What a fucking achievement.

The world is slightly more tolerant than it used to be thanks to this thread. Judging from your sarcasm it seems like you enjoy the status quo. You'd be in my prayers if I believed in fairy tales.
So by not tolerating the flag flying the world became more tolerant.   OK, seems a bit Orwellian but I'm all in on it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 11:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Is he more or less judgmental than you?
I've never met hm. He doesn't seem to like brown folks, though. But loves jesus and guns. So there's that.
Face it Bob, no one loves "brown folks" like you.  Well except for your wealthy friends that use them in their businesses to displace US born workers.  And come to think of it your wealthy friends that love to see them landscaping their grounds.  But you carry on fighting the fight for "brown folks" since you seem to think they're unable to fend for themselves without your help.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 11:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Face it Bob, no one loves "brown folks" like you.  Well except for your wealthy friends that use them in their businesses to displace US born workers.  And come to think of it your wealthy friends that love to see them landscaping their grounds.  But you carry on fighting the fight for "brown folks" since you seem to think they're unable to fend for themselves without your help.
thanks, dude.

also - it seems like you have lightened up some since last week. That's good. As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 13:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
thanks, dude.

also - it seems like you have lightened up some since last week. That's good.  As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 969504605
I've only lightened up because I discovered my favored candidate loves the battle flag and will do her part to restore it to society once she's elected.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 CILuCwZWIAAdFNS

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 CIOVIDvUAAAE30E
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 13:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
thanks, dude.

also - it seems like you have lightened up some since last week. That's good.  As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 969504605
I've only lightened up because I discovered my favored candidate loves the battle flag and will do her part to restore it to society once she's elected.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 CILuCwZWIAAdFNS

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 CIOVIDvUAAAE30E
whatever it takes, dude.. glad to see you're content. You probably just added years to your life.. As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-24, 13:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Confederate Flag Removed From the Grounds of the Alabama Capitol

I wonder if they'll stop waving confederate flags at Skynrd shows?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 14:04

steveschneider wrote:

I doubt it..

I don't have a problem with individuals promoting their contempt and hatred for people. I mean, it sucks that they think that way, obviously - but I support their right to do it.

the difference is the state-sponsored promotion of it. That needs to end and it looks like even some right wingers understand that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 14:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't have a problem with individuals promoting their contempt and hatred for people. I mean, it sucks that they think that way, obviously - but I support their right to do it.
You must not have read Hillary's button.   "Heritage, not Hate"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-24, 14:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I doubt it..

I don't have a problem with individuals promoting their contempt and hatred for people. I mean, it sucks that they think that way, obviously - but I support their right to do it.

the difference is the state-sponsored promotion of it. That needs to end and it looks like even some right wingers understand that.

Spot on, Bob. As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 14:09

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't have a problem with individuals promoting their contempt and hatred for people. I mean, it sucks that they think that way, obviously - but I support their right to do it.
You must not have read Hillary's button.   "Heritage, not Hate"
she can think what she wants, dude.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 14:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I doubt it..

Spot on, Bob. As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 969504605
I usually am.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-24, 14:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

So by not tolerating the flag flying the world became more tolerant.   OK, seems a bit Orwellian but I'm all in on it.

Glad to have you aboard! Now, do you know any decision makers at Chick-Fil-A corporate?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-24, 14:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I would really hope that someone who graduated from MSU would be able to grasp the problem of the government flying confederate flags..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 14:59

LooseGoose wrote:

I would really hope that someone who graduated from MSU would be able to grasp the problem of the government flying confederate flags..
one would hope, right?

but he's on his journey, like we all are. Some are simply farther along in some areas than others.

of course, there are people who just like to be oppositional and choose to see the world through a very narrow prism based on their life experiences. That's okay, too, and should be considered as we educate the younger generation - to look beyond our everyday experiences and realize that it's truly a global world of which we are citizens. This is done through education, travel, exposure to different cultures, traditions, and experiences.

Some of the very same things that make America great are often the very same things that challenge us.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-24, 15:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Some of the very same things that make America great are often the very same things that challenge us.
I agree, Bob. I was at Shoppers the other day getting some groceries. I usually hit up Wegmans, but I ventured out of my comfort zone to get a different experience.

And, boy am I glad I did. I noticed they had something called Colossal Donuts -- really big effing donuts. I thought, no way could I eat an entire Colossal Donut in one sitting no matter how delicious a donut is. But I was wrong. I was up for the challenge, and God damn do I love America.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-24, 15:24

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Some of the very same things that make America great are often the very same things that challenge us.
I agree, Bob. I was at Shoppers the other day getting some groceries. I usually hit up Wegmans, but I ventured out of my comfort zone to get a different experience.

And, boy am I glad I did. I noticed they had something called Colossal Donuts -- really big effing donuts. I thought, no way could I eat an entire Colossal Donut in one sitting no matter how delicious a donut is. But I was wrong. I was up for the challenge, and God damn do I love America.
and America loves you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-06-24, 15:39

Keep fighting fellas. You're going to lose, one issue at a time.  And the longer you keep up the fight, the more it's going to hurt.  (I'm good with that, BTW.)

You can make this about Obama, about liberals, etc., etc. In the end, it's really just about humanity.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 15:52

LooseGoose wrote:

It's among the smaller problems with our various governments, but it's solved now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 15:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Glad to have you aboard! Now, do you know any decision makers at Chick-Fil-A corporate?
Nope, the only decision maker I know of there is me when deciding which of their delicious offerings to enjoy.   I don't get to one often anymore so it's a real conundrum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 15:56

Vlad wrote:Keep fighting fellas. You're going to lose, one issue at a time.  And the longer you keep up the fight, the more it's going to hurt.  (I'm good with that, BTW.)

You can make this about Obama, about liberals, etc., etc.  In the end, it's really just about humanity.
Agreed, in your opinion if you had one problem killing on average 1-2 humans a day and another killing thousands per day which would you work at eliminating 1st?

Of course the battle flag was killing no one but that's not important really since it offended some people and offending someone is much worse than actually killing them since they have to live with the offense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-06-24, 16:07

LooseGoose wrote:
Vlad wrote:Keep fighting fellas. You're going to lose, one issue at a time.  And the longer you keep up the fight, the more it's going to hurt.  (I'm good with that, BTW.)

You can make this about Obama, about liberals, etc., etc.  In the end, it's really just about humanity.
Agreed, in your opinion if you had one problem killing on average 1-2 humans a day and another killing thousands per day which would you work at eliminating 1st?
If the first one could be accomplished in a matter of days and the other one would take years upon years upon years? I would do the first one first then move on to the bigger issue. I'd save hundreds of lives. Kind of a no brainer really.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 16:52

And the dominoes will fall.....

‘Gone with the Wind’ should go the way of the Confederate flag

If the Confederate flag is finally going to be consigned to museums as an ugly symbol of racism, what about the beloved film offering the most iconic glimpse of that flag in American culture?

I’m talking, of course, about “Gone with the Wind,’’ which won a then-record eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture of 1939, and still ranks as the all-time North American box-office champ with $1.6 billion worth of tickets sold here when adjusted for inflation.

I guess banning movies isn't like banning books.

On another note I did see that Bob was in EL today, caught a picture of his ride.

As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 CISwWb_UAAA5ntK
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-06-24, 17:00

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
thanks, dude.

That's interesting, if real. It seems any candidate will pander to any segment of the population when it suits them. Not that that's a surprise.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-06-24, 17:33

You can feel the love emanating from Bama now. Didn't they just take a colored boy from Muchigan down there on their ball club? They got the Klan reelin down there now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-06-24, 18:00

LooseGoose wrote:

Of course the battle flag was killing no one but that's not important really since it offended some people and offending someone is much worse than actually killing them since they have to live with the offense.

Another popular red herring - "why don't we focus on other more important issues".  (I see you've been listing to Mr. Huckabee.)  I guess next you'll be telling us to "just leave this in the hands of the SC voters."  scratch

You do realize that the real issue isn't the flag, right?  The flag is just a symbol for the underlying issue. And those other "more important issues", well, your side doesn't want to take up ANY of those issues. None of 'em.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 19:52

Vlad wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Another popular red herring - "why don't we focus on other more important issues".  (I see you've been listing to Mr. Huckabee.)  I guess next you'll be telling us to "just leave this in the hands of the SC voters."  scratch

You do realize that the real issue isn't the flag, right?  The flag is just a symbol for the underlying issue.  And those other "more important issues", well, your side doesn't want to take up ANY of those issues.  None of 'em.
lol, listening to Huckabee where?  I didn't even know he was on anywhere and if he was he'd be an immediate change it somewhere else for me.  He's a liberal in conservative clothing, just look at his record as governor.

So the flag "win" was an empty victory over a supposed symbol?  We agree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2015-06-24, 22:14

What I don't like is we smoke their ass in the Civil War and yet they act like they came out on top! Flying flags, eating chicken sandwiches, having stills. It doesn't make sense to me how they are getting away with it!
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-24, 22:57

Living in Florida, I'm yet to see a black person running around with the rebel flag.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-25, 02:13

InTenSity wrote:Living in Florida, I'm yet to see a black person running around with the rebel flag.
As a Proud American, I'm Very Happy to See the Confederate Flag Flying at the South Carolina State Capitol Today..  - Page 7 1459802_835524613148044_2783451527904014173_n
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next