Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh great another article about Izzo might go to the NBA in the Freep

+21
Heinrich
TrueGreenSpartan
tTito
xwing
Pervis Muldoon
WCS
MiamiSpartan
Rodeo Burger
JEK
Stoops21
GRR Spartan
Giant Moose
tGreenWay
Bizarro Fletch
Rocinante
DWags
duffy munn
NigelUno
InTenSity
Turtleneck
tanfan!
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Oh great another article about Izzo might go to the NBA in the Freep - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh great another article about Izzo might go to the NBA in the Freep

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-19, 00:40

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24565897/report-detroit-offered-tom-izzo-deal-stan-van-gundy-accepted
via http://cbssportsapp.com
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Oh great another article about Izzo might go to the NBA in the Freep - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh great another article about Izzo might go to the NBA in the Freep

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-19, 08:24

Tanfan! wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24565897/report-detroit-offered-tom-izzo-deal-stan-van-gundy-accepted
via http://cbssportsapp.com

From the article that you linked:

"UPDATE: Detroit hired a search firm and its list of candidates included Tom Izzo, as well as Michigan's John Beilein, Florida's Billy Donovan, UConn's Kevin Ollie and Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg, according to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press. A source speaking to Ellis denied that Izzo received a formal offer and said that he never had a meeting in Los Angeles with Pistons owner Tom Gores."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-22, 23:35

Tanfan! wrote:

True. They go elsewhere. Like Florida. Since the magic fiasco billy hasn't been mentioned anywhere.  Basketball 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10970411/florida-gators-coach-billy-donovan-spoke-couple-nba-teams

"He declined to specify which teams called -- Detroit, Golden State, the Los Angeles Lakers, Minnesota, New York and Utah also have openings -- and jokingly cited his brief stint with the NBA's Orlando Magic in 2007 as reason for keeping details private.

Despite interest from some NBA teams, Florida coach Billy Donovan says he's very happy where he is.
"I have spoken to a couple NBA teams, and that's all I'm going to say," Donovan said. "It's always flattering, but at the same time, I've always said that I'm very happy here and like it here."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2014-05-23, 00:53

Could someone please explain how any D1 college coach is supposed to "develop" big men? If they aren't a one and done they are projects of breaking bad AAU habits.

Izzo knows Calipari, Pitino, and other coaches who have had NBA experience. There are reasons Calipari and Pitino have taken the college/NBA/college route. Pitino accepted then turned down a chance to stay in FL to go back to the NBA.

Izzo is pushing 60, been at MSU for 31 years (19 years as HC), has the support of the university president and has one of his best friends as his boss. Recruiting is a grind but nothing like an NBA season.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-28, 10:51

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-05-28, 12:14

NigelUno wrote:

He gone.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-28, 12:19

If Izzo would have won his second title in 2005, I am 99% sure he would have gone to the NBA. If he would have won his second title in 2009 or 2010, I am 75% sure.

As of now I don't think he leaves for the NBA at all and instead retires if/when he wins the 2nd title or by the time he turns 65, whichever comes sooner.

I do feel bad for him if he ends up regretting not going to the NBA some day. If that's his dream, he should do it.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3