Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And now our beat writers are onboard. This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team

+27
Nordic
CORNER BLITZ
Giant Moose
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
DWags
Vlad
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
MiamiSpartan
SpartyScotty
Rocinante
Screw tRCMB
tanfan!
steveschneider
Wally Fairway
WhiteGreenShow
Other Teams Pursuing That
Heat Miser
HT
Stoops21
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
Triple Sparty
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
31 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 Empty Re: And now our beat writers are onboard. This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Thought this was a decent piece today by Couch on the current psyche of the MSU football fan.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2015/10/02/couch-column-joyless-msu/73178358/

“It often times will lead the fans to be a little tepid in their responses, a little reserved, because it’s a fan base that very clearly remembers the other side of the coin,” Wann said. “So you almost don’t want to get your hopes up too high.“The failure was so long in the making that it really resonates in the psyche.”
Or you’re too young to remember it and not equipped to fully appreciate what’s in front of you.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 Empty Re: And now our beat writers are onboard. This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team

Post by Nordic Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Thought this was a decent piece today by Couch on the current psyche of the MSU football fan.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2015/10/02/couch-column-joyless-msu/73178358/

[size=34]“It often times will lead the fans to be a little tepid in their responses, a little reserved, because it’s a fan base that very clearly remembers the other side of the coin,” Wann said. “So you almost don’t want to get your hopes up too high.“The failure was so long in the making that it really resonates in the psyche.”[/size]
[size=34]Or you’re too young to remember it and not equipped to fully appreciate what’s in front of you.[/size]

Enjoy the ride (not directed at you)... I will see you in the morning with a beer in hand
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Great article. I admit it is completely true in my case.
In the Saban, BW, JLS days I went to road games and had a blast. The Rose Bowl season was a culmination of all my efforts coming from the bottom and ending the season drunk and naked on the mountain top.
I am not even going to the game tomorrow. I just want to survive and advance. Maybe if I could ditch these expectations and outside influences I could get back to laying my ass on the line for every game.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Great article.  I admit it is completely true in my case.  
In the Saban, BW, JLS days I went to road games and had a blast.  The Rose Bowl season was a culmination of all my efforts coming from the bottom and ending the season drunk and naked on the mountain top.
I am not even going to the game tomorrow.  I just want to survive and advance.  Maybe if I could ditch these expectations and outside influences I could get back to laying my ass on the line for every game.
I think I sent Ty a drunken email sometime this year. I didn't travel to Pasadena with him or stay with him and his lady but I tailgated with them and we sat together. 

I almost don't even care if we win the Natty. I think that RB is the absolute pinnacle of ever being a Spartan fan. Being there, in Pasadena, in that setting, after hearing about '87 for so long and enduring Saban leaving, Bobby, JLS. The way the season unfolded, with low expectations. Going into the OSU game as a big dog, jumping out to a huge lead. Then trying to hang on. Then putting the boot on their throat. Then winning the RB the way we did. I simply don't think it will ever be topped. The stakes just keep getting higher, and expectations change accordingly. Even if we win the Natty this year or at some year in the near future the ride and the setting will not live up to the 100th Rose Bowl.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:04 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Great article.  I admit it is completely true in my case.  
In the Saban, BW, JLS days I went to road games and had a blast.  The Rose Bowl season was a culmination of all my efforts coming from the bottom and ending the season drunk and naked on the mountain top.
I am not even going to the game tomorrow.  I just want to survive and advance.  Maybe if I could ditch these expectations and outside influences I could get back to laying my ass on the line for every game.
I think I sent Ty a drunken email sometime this year. I didn't travel to Pasadena with him or stay with him and his lady but I tailgated with them and we sat together. 

I almost don't even care if we win the Natty. I think that RB is the absolute pinnacle of ever being a Spartan fan. Being there, in Pasadena, in that setting, after hearing about '87 for so long and enduring Saban leaving, Bobby, JLS. The way the season unfolded, with low expectations. Going into the OSU game as a big dog, jumping out to a huge lead. Then trying to hang on. Then putting the boot on their throat. Then winning the RB the way we did. I simply don't think it will ever be topped. The stakes just keep getting higher, and expectations change accordingly. Even if we win the Natty this year or at some year in the near future the ride and the setting will not live up to the 100th Rose Bowl.
This. The Rose Bowl was the first goal that mattered. Stanford was the perfect team for us to play. Beating OSU in the BIG championship game with Denicos Allen making the 4th down tackle on Braxton Miller was just great.

However, if we could convincingly beat Alabama in the NC game to avenge the ass beating we took from them, I think that might be as good than the Rose Bowl win.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Hey guys, since transitive property is apparently a thing with our fans and beat writers, UConn is playing BYU even through a half.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:06 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hey guys, since transitive property is apparently a thing with our fans and beat writers, UConn is playing BYU even through a half.

And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946 And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946 And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946 And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946 And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946 And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946 And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946 And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946 And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946 And now our beat writers are onboard.  This is not a #2 team, nor a playoff team - Page 4 1966794946

awesome coincidence.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4