Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB?

+66
TrueGreenSpartan
Macks
Zapp Brannigan
maizegoblue
A. Allen
Cameron
Turtleneck
RokEmSokEmRobot
Pervis Muldoon
Youngblood 96
Bud Fox
StylesGShmooth
xsanguine
Spartan Nachos
J_LaP
Punisher98
bulldogg
Trevor Barnes
Floyd Robertson
Green Ninja
ROtown Sparty
goState18
The Lonely Stoner
SawGreen
Duke Silver
DWags
Rocinante
Brock Middlebrook
bryanleeg
SpartanInNH
Mentalstate
Lunchables
JEK
WhiteBoyHatcher
tig ol bitties
MrMojoRisin
AMwood
Dendrobates
pulling69
Dix Steele
Clarett's Folly
Ass Dan
J T
By-Tor
Molon Labe
tanfan!
green night
Snake Plissken
Gomer
Spartan Pride
The Pantry
Danny Tanner
Heat Miser
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cosmo_Kramer
Giant Moose
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Notorious GiB
SeeRockCity
Keith Stone
Death Roe
That's Good D!
70 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 Empty Re: Which single moment made you leave tRCMB?

Post by DWags Mon 21 Apr - 23:30

SeeRockCity wrote:
DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:For me it was the Steve Helwagen debacle. Although I wasn't a paying customer, nor particularly invested in the recruiting scene, that incident and the following response told me everything I needed to know about 24/7. People were being fleeced in exchange for fabricated content and once the curtain was pulled back and the act was exposed their response was to brush it aside claiming it's just a silly message board and it's all in good fun. I'm sure the paying customers didn't share their cavalier attitude towards the issue.
Then the cherry on top of the shit sundae was Mel Barnes lamenting the fact that the whole incident caused them to have to skip going to the Indiana game that night so that Trevor could calm the unwashed masses. Well no kidding, Mel, when it turns out that your business is straight-up stealing from people you might be required to answer some questions.
That, to me, indicated the death of tRCMB.

So, will there be actual football talk here?  Like how we're going to handle Oregon?   Talk about Duzzi's 4-3 over G?  It will be fun.  

D Fucking Wags.  Bout time.  Welcome to the Swill.  Pull up a bottle and make yourself at home.

I think I like this place. However, I will continue my epic battle with the Michigan slappies on the BB. Not much content on the RCMB anymore.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 Empty Re: Which single moment made you leave tRCMB?

Post by The Lonely Stoner Mon 21 Apr - 23:32

See Rock City pm'd me last week and I've been keeping tabs and decided tonight was a good time to come over.
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon 21 Apr - 23:33

DWags wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:
DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:For me it was the Steve Helwagen debacle. Although I wasn't a paying customer, nor particularly invested in the recruiting scene, that incident and the following response told me everything I needed to know about 24/7. People were being fleeced in exchange for fabricated content and once the curtain was pulled back and the act was exposed their response was to brush it aside claiming it's just a silly message board and it's all in good fun. I'm sure the paying customers didn't share their cavalier attitude towards the issue.
Then the cherry on top of the shit sundae was Mel Barnes lamenting the fact that the whole incident caused them to have to skip going to the Indiana game that night so that Trevor could calm the unwashed masses. Well no kidding, Mel, when it turns out that your business is straight-up stealing from people you might be required to answer some questions.

So, will there be actual football talk here?  Like how we're going to handle Oregon?   Talk about Duzzi's 4-3 over G?  It will be fun.  

D Fucking Wags.  Bout time.  Welcome to the Swill.  Pull up a bottle and make yourself at home.

I think I like this place.  However, I will continue my epic battle with the Michigan slappies on the BB.   Not much content on the RCMB anymore.  

By all means. Shouldn't be any other way.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Mon 21 Apr - 23:38

DWags wrote:

I think I like this place.  However, I will continue my epic battle with the Michigan slappies on the BB.   Not much content on the RCMB anymore.  
I appreciate your work on tBB
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Mon 21 Apr - 23:39

King of the Jungle wrote:See Rock City pm'd me last week and I've been keeping tabs and decided tonight was a good time to come over.
So who are you really? Show your balls.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 21 Apr - 23:41

Snake Plissken wrote:
DWags wrote:

I used to kill it on tBB.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 21 Apr - 23:44

Snake Plissken wrote:
King of the Jungle wrote:See Rock City pm'd me last week and I've been keeping tabs and decided tonight was a good time to come over.

In other words...welcome!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 21 Apr - 23:47

NigelUno wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
DWags wrote:

Thanks Snake, after the Michigan game it was a blast. Chased many into hiding. Nigel, Do you ever read that anymore?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner Mon 21 Apr - 23:48

Snake Plissken wrote:

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 Stoner_Bear_by_eriya0715
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 21 Apr - 23:51

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
DWags wrote:

Thanks Snake, after the Michigan game it was a blast.  Chased many into hiding.  Nigel, Do you ever read that anymore?  

I check in after big games every now and then. Tell the boys I said hi, and that I am funny and I am needed (that Noah guy doesn't know what he's talking about).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Apr - 23:54

[quote="King of the Jungle"]
Snake Plissken wrote:

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 Stoner_Bear_by_eriya0715[/quote

tLonelyStoner
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goState18 Tue 22 Apr - 6:22

Death Roe wrote:This last update was awful. It's got a LOT of potential, but it seems like they never tested it out on its own separate forum.

I wish it went back to vB. The good old days.

I understand why they left vB, the software was ancient, and I'm not surprised it was riddled with security holes. To be honest, PHPBB ain't much better, it's possible they've done an overhaul in the past few years, but the older software gets, the more difficult it is to maintain security.

That being said, it was a huge mistake to try and create so many features on the new board. The more simple interface is always less gimmicky and lasts longer.
goState18
goState18
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty Tue 22 Apr - 9:18

It was the moment when I got a PM saying I actually had another option.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr - 9:22

The second I stumbled across this place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr - 9:26

goState18 wrote:
Death Roe wrote:This last update was awful. It's got a LOT of potential, but it seems like they never tested it out on its own separate forum.

I understand why they left vB, the software was ancient, and I'm not surprised it was riddled with security holes.

I think much of the vB stuff was Bs.

I frequent another board that has used vB all along and it's still MUCH better than 247.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride Tue 22 Apr - 9:27

LooseGoose wrote:
goState18 wrote:

I understand why they left vB, the software was ancient, and I'm not surprised it was riddled with security holes.  

I frequent another board that has used vB all along and it's still MUCH better than 247.
I have the same suspicions. There are some HUGE boards that use vB
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Ninja Tue 22 Apr - 9:28

Keith Stone wrote:
bryanleeg wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Keith, you live in Kalamazoo? So do I.

Another kalamazoo resident checking in. Can't wait to watch rcmb shrivel and die, it's a shell of its old self.
\

We should have a kalamazoo circle jerk session.

I was born and raised in kazoo, let me know when this goes down....
Green Ninja
Green Ninja
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 22 Apr - 9:31

I found this pretty funny.  SIAP.

Gave up this joint for Lent...
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 22 Apr - 9:34

gHost Spartan wrote:
Spartan Pride wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
goState18 wrote:

I have the same suspicions. There are some HUGE boards that use vB

We need to stop pretending that it was something else.... it was, simply, a money grab. And I really don't blame Trevor, he did what he felt he had to do. All those years of running the RCMB and he needed a way out. And he got it. What he chose just happens to suck and people aren't happy about it. The excuses about the board are bullshit.

And this thread is going BTP.  Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 2275418548 

I forgot who said it but they were dead on when they said that Trevor should've just sold-out entirely and severed ties at the time of the migration as opposed to trying to pretend it was still the old RCMB when, in fact, it had become Spartanmag.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMojoRisin Tue 22 Apr - 9:55

247 is the business of pushing their recruiting service and not running a message board. I think someone else nailed it by stating that. I came from the school that the SpartanMag site was the recruiting diehards and the RCMB was for everything else.
MrMojoRisin
MrMojoRisin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor Barnes Tue 22 Apr - 10:07

Spartan Pride wrote:I was against this idea at first but the tone of the mods and Trevor has seemed to switch towards apathy.
Not exactly true for what it's worth.
Trevor Barnes
Trevor Barnes
Perioikos

http://www.spartantailgate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor Barnes Tue 22 Apr - 10:08

SeeRockCity wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:Welcome everyone. We live you all. Except Trevor and his effing rods.  Tom excluded.

I think Trevor is good people.  I think being tied at the hip to tRCMB for, what, 15 years(?) would tire anyone out.  I think you really need to cut him some slack.  We can just go over there, post a little and hang out, then leave and forget about it.  For 15 years or so, he had to spend all day making sure the idiots didn't blow the place up.  I'm sure it was a grind at time.  

I don't really have any problem with Trevor, and, in fact, I have a great deal of respect for what he accomplished.  If anyone ruined tRCMB, it was 247, who probably lured these message boards in with promises of cutting-edge technology, blah, blah, blah, then pulled a bait and switch on them, spending their money on building the recruiting business instead of the message board business.  Not much you can do at that point really.

Look, I'm just guessing, but it seems like a plausible explanation to me.

Again, I think it's 247 that deserves the blame, not the guy who dedicated so many years of his life to keeping the board going.  And this whole business of him making a lot of money is bullshit if you ask me.  No way.

Oh, and lay off Heat.  He doesn't need me to fight his battles, but I'll just say the dude's probably been up for 4 days straight working (for free) on this sight.  I'm sure he's a little cranky at the moment.  Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 969504605 

Glad you're here.

Thanks, appreciate that.  Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 969504605  It's been 19 years. That's an eternity in internet years.
Trevor Barnes
Trevor Barnes
Perioikos

http://www.spartantailgate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride Tue 22 Apr - 10:24

Trevor Barnes wrote:
Spartan Pride wrote:I was against this idea at first but the tone of the mods and Trevor has seemed to switch towards apathy.
I meant as much about another board existing as anything else.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Tue 22 Apr - 10:28

MrMojoRisin wrote:247 is the business of pushing their recruiting service and not running a message board.  I think someone else nailed it by stating that.  I came from the school that the SpartanMag site was the recruiting diehards and the RCMB was for everything else.  

Grown men can only follow 15-year-old boys so long. I'm talking about recruiting!!

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 Oldguy
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue 22 Apr - 11:48

Dendrobates wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:Lets all ****

I'm free tonight.

How much are you other nights? Wink
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 22 Apr - 12:12

DWags wrote:

Hell yes, dude! Good to have you over here.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldogg Tue 22 Apr - 13:39

247 has become sooooo effing slow. And I'm not talking about the users (they've always been slow).

You HAVE to run Adblockers galore or manipulate the CSS, just to make it (almost) bearable.
bulldogg
bulldogg
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue 22 Apr - 17:39

Trevor Barnes wrote:

The cool thing about this board is the fact that your rods can no longer control the content. They have been neutered just like you neutered those who voiced any opinion contrary to the tea blowers.  Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 1811933421 
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue 22 Apr - 17:42

bulldogg wrote:247 has become sooooo effing slow.  And I'm not talking about the users (they've always been slow).

You HAVE to run Adblockers galore or manipulate the CSS, just to make it (almost) bearable.

There isn't a single poster over there that I wish to read now. Not one, all of the ones who I thought were funny and quick witted are here now.  It's great. I don't even bother to go over there anymore. Took it off my bookmarks. Why bother when you have spartanmag as the alternative, which doesn't shove subscriptions down your throat and to be honest with you the mods let a lot more go over there. Yea the extreme recurit niks will go off on you, but management allows you to respond in kind. If a poster calls you a name, you can shove it up that poster's ass, unlike 247 where the content is onesided.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 Tue 22 Apr - 17:53

Nedgo was the biggest reason I left. Then all of the BOG schticks he would protect.....that was the last straw.

**** that place, and I emphasize the ****
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 Tue 22 Apr - 17:54

Tanfan! wrote:
bulldogg wrote:247 has become sooooo effing slow.  And I'm not talking about the users (they've always been slow).

There isn't a single poster over there that I wish to read now. Not one, all of the ones who I thought were funny and quick witted are here now.  It's great. I don't even bother to go over there anymore. Took it off my bookmarks. Why bother when you have spartanmag as the alternative, which doesn't shove subscriptions down your throat and to be honest with you the mods let a lot more go over there. Yea the extreme recurit niks will go off on you, but management allows you to respond in kind. If a poster calls you a name, you can shove it up that poster's ass, unlike 247 where the content is onesided.

Agreed. The funniest part for me was that you were banned and that asshat Rogue Leader was allowed to stay on there and attack people all day everyday.

Place got what was coming to it.
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue 22 Apr - 18:19

tSpartan wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Agreed. The funniest part for me was that you were banned and that asshat Rogue Leader was allowed to stay on there and attack people all day everyday.

Trevor, seriously, why was Rogue Leader able to get away with what he gets away with? Is that guy a relative or something??
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 22 Apr - 18:22

What's Rogue do? Is he the aggressive sunshine blower?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride Tue 22 Apr - 18:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What's Rogue do? Is he the aggressive sunshine blower?
Rogue hates everyone on the board. He probably hates you. He definitely hates me.

This didn't happen to me personally but as an example, everytime anyone would critcize a player he would end up commenting about how their girlfriend must have blown said player. Every time.

Extraordinarily aggressive and miserable dude.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr - 18:32

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Trevor, seriously, why was Rogue Leader able to get away with what he gets away with? Is that guy a relative or something??

Why the hate? Did your girlfriend blow Rogue?

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 1550444538 Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 1550444538 Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 1550444538 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue 22 Apr - 18:35

LooseGoose wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:Trevor, seriously, why was Rogue Leader able to get away with what he gets away with? Is that guy a relative or something??

Why the hate? Did your girlfriend blow Rogue?

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 1550444538 Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 1550444538 Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 1550444538 

He'd tell you it was my fossilized wife. Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 4 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J_LaP Tue 22 Apr - 19:02

tSpartan wrote:Nedgo was the biggest reason I left. Then all of the BOG schticks he would protect.....that was the last straw.

So if you are actually tSpartan from tRCMB, were you just trolling that place out of hate or what?
J_LaP
J_LaP
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Nachos Wed 23 Apr - 4:15

I left when I found out Trevor covered up the killing of that girl and started deleting threads, and banned posters Rust and Hart when they started asking questions.
Spartan Nachos
Spartan Nachos
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed 23 Apr - 4:44

J_LaP wrote:
tSpartan wrote:Nedgo was the biggest reason I left. Then all of the BOG schticks he would protect.....that was the last straw.

So if you are actually tSpartan from tRCMB, were you just trolling that place out of hate or what?

Is everyone who expresses an opinion contrary to yours a troll?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed 23 Apr - 4:46

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
tSpartan wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Trevor, seriously, why was Rogue Leader able to get away with what he gets away with? Is that guy a relative or something??

I actually think he might be a paid shill. Only reasonable explanation for the guy who lives in Troy.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next