Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB?

+66
TrueGreenSpartan
Macks
Zapp Brannigan
maizegoblue
A. Allen
Cameron
Turtleneck
RokEmSokEmRobot
Pervis Muldoon
Youngblood 96
Bud Fox
StylesGShmooth
xsanguine
Spartan Nachos
J_LaP
Punisher98
bulldogg
Trevor Barnes
Floyd Robertson
Green Ninja
ROtown Sparty
goState18
The Lonely Stoner
SawGreen
Duke Silver
DWags
Rocinante
Brock Middlebrook
bryanleeg
SpartanInNH
Mentalstate
Lunchables
JEK
WhiteBoyHatcher
tig ol bitties
MrMojoRisin
AMwood
Dendrobates
pulling69
Dix Steele
Clarett's Folly
Ass Dan
J T
By-Tor
Molon Labe
tanfan!
green night
Snake Plissken
Gomer
Spartan Pride
The Pantry
Danny Tanner
Heat Miser
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cosmo_Kramer
Giant Moose
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Notorious GiB
SeeRockCity
Keith Stone
Death Roe
That's Good D!
70 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which single moment made you leave tRCMB?

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-18, 15:51

InTenSityX wrote:I canz post here?

InTenSityX! Welcome to tSwill! Really glad you made it. Hope you stick around. Make yourself at home.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which single moment made you leave tRCMB?

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-18, 15:52

InTenSityX wrote:I canz post here?

What's up?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-04-18, 15:57

Thanks SeeRockCity. Now I'm going to have to figure out how to quote and do all the fun things again. Considering I got a 30 day ban over on tRCMB for saying something along these lines: If the owners of the site just get rid of the message boards they can be more profitable. I'm done with being over there.

How do I quote? I know, stupid question. I see the quote icon, but can I just click somewhere in the post I want to quote?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Stone 2014-04-18, 15:59

InTenSityX wrote:Thanks SeeRockCity. Now I'm going to have to figure out how to quote and do all the fun things again. Considering I got a 30 day ban over on tRCMB for saying something along these lines: If the owners of the site just get rid of the message boards they can be more profitable. I'm done with being over there.

How do I quote? I know, stupid question. I see the quote icon, but can I just click somewhere in the post I want to quote?

There is a quote button on the upper portion of each post near the title of each post.
Keith Stone
Keith Stone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-04-18, 16:11

The quote button isn't showing up for me. I'll check it out at home tonight. Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to being here.

Hi Nigel.  Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 2 4198636888 
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-18, 16:14

InTenSityX wrote:The quote button isn't showing up for me. I'll check it out at home tonight. Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to being here.

Hi Nigel.  Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 2 4198636888 

Are you on mobile? No quote buttons (or much else right now) on mobile.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-04-18, 16:19

No. I am running adblock and on chrome. It really could be work, who knows what they are blocking, although it would be kind of weird. If the same thing is happening at home, I'll post or email you a pic. I think I still have your email.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-04-18, 16:40

Glad you made it, InTenSity!
 Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 2 55953254 
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tanner 2014-04-18, 16:43

I was a little skeptical of tSwill at first but the last two days have reaffirmed my belief in the potential of the place. I thought I'd go back and forth between both boards but I think I'm going to switch to here entirely.
Danny Tanner
Danny Tanner
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-18, 17:18

Danny Tanner wrote:I was a little skeptical of tSwill at first but the last two days have reaffirmed my belief in the potential of the place. I thought I'd go back and forth between both boards but I think I'm going to switch to here entirely.

**** it, I'm in.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by That's Good D! 2014-04-18, 18:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Danny Tanner wrote:I was a little skeptical of tSwill at first but the last two days have reaffirmed my belief in the potential of the place. I thought I'd go back and forth between both boards but I think I'm going to switch to here entirely.

**** it, I'm in.

Plus we can have, like, our real names now. I have an apostrophe and an exclamation point. Some sites just can't handle that level of technology.
That's Good D!
That's Good D!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-04-18, 20:28

Heat miser, it's my work computer, everything is fine at home with the quote buttons.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-18, 20:39

InTenSityX wrote:Heat miser, it's my work computer, everything is fine at home with the quote buttons.

Could be your office is block the site that hosts the images (https://illiweb.com)
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-04-18, 20:53

There is no single moment and it's not like I won't go back to check in.

This new site is great. A place to get away from the frustration that is 247
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride 2014-04-18, 21:14

I was against this idea at first but the tone of the mods and Trevor has seemed to switch towards apathy.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-18, 21:15

Spartan Pride wrote:I was against this idea at first but the tone of the mods and Trevor has seemed to switch towards apathy.

SpartanPride! Welcome to the Swill. Glad you made it. Beer's in the fridge.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-04-18, 22:11

We asked for anal. 247 gave us anal.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-18, 22:37

Spartan Pride wrote:I was against this idea at first but the tone of the mods and Trevor has seemed to switch towards apathy.

You don't say
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by green night 2014-04-18, 22:47

Death Roe wrote:Keith, you live in Kalamazoo? So do I.

I'm in!
green night
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-18, 22:48

green night wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Keith, you live in Kalamazoo? So do I.

I'm in!  

Hey Green! Welcome to the Swill. Glad you stopped by. Hope you stick around.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-04-18, 23:25

Welcome everyone. We live you all. Except Trevor and his effing rods. Tom excluded.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-18, 23:33

Tanfan! wrote:Welcome everyone. We live you all. Except Trevor and his effing rods.  Tom excluded.

I think Trevor is good people.  I think being tied at the hip to tRCMB for, what, 15 years(?) would tire anyone out.  I think you really need to cut him some slack.  We can just go over there, post a little and hang out, then leave and forget about it.  For 15 years or so, he had to spend all day making sure the idiots didn't blow the place up.  I'm sure it was a grind at time.  

I don't really have any problem with Trevor, and, in fact, I have a great deal of respect for what he accomplished.  If anyone ruined tRCMB, it was 247, who probably lured these message boards in with promises of cutting-edge technology, blah, blah, blah, then pulled a bait and switch on them, spending their money on building the recruiting business instead of the message board business.  Not much you can do at that point really.

Look, I'm just guessing, but it seems like a plausible explanation to me.

Again, I think it's 247 that deserves the blame, not the guy who dedicated so many years of his life to keeping the board going.  And this whole business of him making a lot of money is bullshit if you ask me.  No way.

Oh, and lay off Heat. He doesn't need me to fight his battles, but I'll just say the dude's probably been up for 4 days straight working (for free) on this sight. I'm sure he's a little cranky at the moment.  Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 2 969504605 

Glad you're here.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-04-19, 00:22

SeeRockCity wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:Welcome everyone. We live you all. Except Trevor and his effing rods.  Tom excluded.

I think Trevor is good people.  I think being tied at the hip to tRCMB for, what, 15 years(?) would tire anyone out.  I think you really need to cut him some slack.  We can just go over there, post a little and hang out, then leave and forget about it.  For 15 years or so, he had to spend all day making sure the idiots didn't blow the place up.  I'm sure it was a grind at time.  

I don't really have any problem with Trevor, and, in fact, I have a great deal of respect for what he accomplished.  If anyone ruined tRCMB, it was 247, who probably lured these message boards in with promises of cutting-edge technology, blah, blah, blah, then pulled a bait and switch on them, spending their money on building the recruiting business instead of the message board business.  Not much you can do at that point really.

Look, I'm just guessing, but it seems like a plausible explanation to me.

Again, I think it's 247 that deserves the blame, not the guy who dedicated so many years of his life to keeping the board going.  And this whole business of him making a lot of money is bullshit if you ask me.  No way.

Oh, and lay off Heat.  He doesn't need me to fight his battles, but I'll just say the dude's probably been up for 4 days straight working (for free) on this sight.  I'm sure he's a little cranky at the moment.  Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 2 969504605 

Glad you're here.
Always liked Miser. Zero bullshit with a generous sprinkle of humor.

Thanks to both of you for putting this place together
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-04-19, 09:24

Pantry. I was able to access your pm on the rcmb. I responded but they banned me again for what I have no idea.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Molon Labe 2014-04-19, 10:26

It just seems like more people are posting here now.
Molon Labe
Molon Labe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-04-19, 10:28

Let's do this. No looking back.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J T 2014-04-19, 10:42

Haven't "left" there, but I'll be posting here as well. :)
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-04-19, 10:42

I was out the second I knew there was another viable option. I hope the RCMB becomes what snake and mel and Trevor all want it to be, can't have regulation to that degree on the public domain while also watering down the product so severely.

Trevor ruined a good thing and I hope he's happy
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2014-04-19, 15:48

For me it was the Steve Helwagen debacle. Although I wasn't a paying customer, nor particularly invested in the recruiting scene, that incident and the following response told me everything I needed to know about 24/7. People were being fleeced in exchange for fabricated content and once the curtain was pulled back and the act was exposed their response was to brush it aside claiming it's just a silly message board and it's all in good fun. I'm sure the paying customers didn't share their cavalier attitude towards the issue.
Then the cherry on top of the shit sundae was Mel Barnes lamenting the fact that the whole incident caused them to have to skip going to the Indiana game that night so that Trevor could calm the unwashed masses. Well no kidding, Mel, when it turns out that your business is straight-up stealing from people you might be required to answer some questions.
That, to me, indicated the death of tRCMB.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dix Steele 2014-04-19, 18:34

Am I welcome here?
Dix Steele
Dix Steele
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-04-19, 18:39

I know for a fact Trevor is making a lot of money. A lot.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-19, 18:46

Tanfan! wrote:I know for a fact Trevor is making a lot of money. A lot.

So what?

You got something against capitalism?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-19, 18:47

Dix Steele wrote:Am I welcome here?

You can post here. Whether you'll be welcomed remains to be seen...

But...WELCOME!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-04-19, 18:48

How much? Give us a general idea.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-19, 18:50

Dix Steele wrote:Am I welcome here?

We welcome all genders, even people from Iowa.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-19, 18:55

Giant Moose wrote:

How much? Give us a general idea.

I'm saying this as just another poster, not as a board admin. I think it would be a bad idea to follow this line of questioning.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2014-04-19, 20:15

gHost Spartan wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:For me it was the Steve Helwagen debacle. Although I wasn't a paying customer, nor particularly invested in the recruiting scene, that incident and the following response told me everything I needed to know about 24/7. People were being fleeced in exchange for fabricated content and once the curtain was pulled back and the act was exposed their response was to brush it aside claiming it's just a silly message board and it's all in good fun. I'm sure the paying customers didn't share their cavalier attitude towards the issue.
Then the cherry on top of the shit sundae was Mel Barnes lamenting the fact that the whole incident caused them to have to skip going to the Indiana game that night so that Trevor could calm the unwashed masses. Well no kidding, Mel, when it turns out that your business is straight-up stealing from people you might be required to answer some questions.
That, to me, indicated the death of tRCMB.

What happened? I'm not familiar with this incident.

In the early days of the migration to 24/7 the OSU 24/7 beat writer, Steve Helwagen, came over to tRCMB promoting his Big Ten preview or some other such shit. Of course it was behind the 24/7 paywall and only accessible to paying customers. Well, tRCMB gave him the exact type of welcome you'd expect them to give an OSU beat writer whose Big Ten preview was little more than a literary felating of the Buckeyes and he took offense. Message board barbs were hurled back and forth between Helwagen and the RCMB community when, out of nowhere, some poster from Bucknuts.com with some Buck-nutty name chimes in and offers an apology. As it turns out managing two usernames was too much for old Steve Helwagen and he started a flame war with one username and offered up his apology with another. So the dude's got a secondary account. No big deal, right? A quick perusal of the posting history of his secondary account indicated otherwise, though.
As it turns out these "24/7 Big Ten Chat" sessions he was hosting were little more than him talking with himself over two user accounts. All questions steered towards the Buckeyes, of course. The second account was also used to entice others to buy 24/7 subscriptions based upon their recruiting coverage ignoring the fact that the service was still fairly new and the recruiting coverage relatively barren.
So now you have paying customers, some of whom attended these Big Ten Chat sessions and left with unanswered questions, who are pissed because they're getting the distinct impression that their "donate" (this was still back in the day when we called it that) was paying for little more than the right to watch Steve Helwagen have a conversation with himself.
Now, if memory serves, this all came to a head roughly around 5:00 that day so you have people leaving work, irate that they have financially supported Trevor and his new venture which seems to be playing the role of message board bitch to tOSU community, and demanding answers. The evening is spent with paying customers spewing venom and Trevor insisting that all is well and that he'll get some answers.
Fast forward to the next afternoon and Trevor makes the announcement that Steve Helwagen will no longer be posting on tRCMB... but 24/7 will not be refunding anyone's subscription payment (even those who have requested it) because, hey, this is just college athletics and it's no big deal. Online journalists use "sock puppet" accounts all the time to drive the conversation.
In the end tRCMB was left with one very pissed off customer base wondering what the hell they were paying for but the real crime in all of this was that Mel had to miss the Indiana game because Trevor had to stay home and spread his cheeks while 24/7 let them know how it was going to be.
A long way from the days of raining Dantonio heads.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-04-20, 00:58

Death Roe wrote:
blanch32 wrote:.....and I have a girlfriend now but thanks to the magic of tinder I banged 7 chicks in two months including a threeway  

Tinder  lol! 

He is more likely on Grinder  Which single moment made you leave tRCMB? - Page 2 4113017228 
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-04-20, 09:58

gHost Spartan wrote:Lets all ****

I'm free tonight.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-04-20, 10:10

I have no ill will on Trevor and his decision. I'd do the same thing if I was him. He's making his money, as he should with all the time/effort he put into the board. They are good people, and I don't take the internet seriously.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next