Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Montgomery might be turning the corner at NIU

+14
Death Roe
msuspartan4eva
GRR Spartan
SpartanInNH
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Herbie Green
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mark Montgomery might be turning the corner at NIU Empty Mark Montgomery might be turning the corner at NIU

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-10, 01:29

Montgomery inherited a mess at NIU. Previous coach Ricardo Patton had destroyed NIU's relationships with public school coaches in Chicago, and the program was past downward spiral and settled on the bottom of DI CBB. Enter Montgomery. I was skeptical only because of the uphill climb he faced. Well, NIU is 13-2 right now and 2-0 in the MAC. Montgomery is doing an awesome job in DeKalb. Also on his staff is former MSU GA Jon Borovich and former Saginaw coach Lou Dawkins.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mark Montgomery might be turning the corner at NIU Empty Re: Mark Montgomery might be turning the corner at NIU

Post by DWags 2016-01-10, 01:33

Good for him. the more izzo tree success the better
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mark Montgomery might be turning the corner at NIU Empty Re: Mark Montgomery might be turning the corner at NIU

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-10, 01:42

They beat EMU by 17 tonight, and Detroit product Travon Baker hit 7 3s in the win. In case you wanted to know.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-10, 01:55

True story. My older (half) brother by about 8 years started on varsity alongside MM at Southgate Aquinas. My dad used to drag me along to watch.I vividly remember sitting in that gym and others aroundtown as an 8/9 year old watching my bro and MM and some dude named Aaron and some 6'3 center named Jon something or other play against DCD, Shrine, Devine Child, etc. Good memories from simpler times.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-10, 18:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:True story. My older (half) brother by about 8 years started on varsity alongside MM at Southgate Aquinas. My dad used to drag me along to watch.I vividly remember sitting in that gym and others aroundtown as an 8/9 year old watching my bro and MM and some dude named Aaron and some 6'3 center named Jon something or other play against DCD, Shrine, Devine Child, etc. Good memories from simpler times.

CSB.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-10, 18:55

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:True story. My older (half) brother by about 8 years started on varsity alongside MM at Southgate Aquinas. My dad used to drag me along to watch.I vividly remember sitting in that gym and others aroundtown as an 8/9 year old watching my bro and MM and some dude named Aaron and some 6'3 center named Jon something or other play against DCD, Shrine, Devine Child, etc. Good memories from simpler times.

CSB.  
Was that even really a story? I'm not sure where the plot of it came about. He just sort of named things he saw and then stopped. That would be like me saying "tv, coffee table, book, chair, wall" and calling it a story. It really isn't. It's just things.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2016-01-10, 19:03; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-10, 19:00

tGreenWay wrote:

CSB.

Divine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-10, 19:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

CSB.  
Was that even really a story? I'm not sure where the plot of it came about. He just sort of named things he saw and then stopped. That would be like me saying "tv, coffee table, book, chair, wall" and calling it a story. It really isn't. It's just things.

I think he was saying he misses the days when had no responsibilities, and now he has a job, wife, and kids that are always running around doing crazy shit. He might have also been saying he ran a betting ring under the bleachers at those games.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-10, 19:08

tGreenWay wrote:

CSB.
Was that even really a story? I'm not sure where the plot of it came about. He just sort of names things he saw and then stopped. That would be like me saying "tv, coffee table, book, chair, wall" and calling it a story. It really isn't. It's just things.

He called it a story. I just went along with it because I prefer ridicule over condescension. Most of the time, anyway.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-10, 19:09

Turtleneck wrote:

I think he was saying he misses the days when had no responsibilities, and now he has a job, wife, and kids that are always running around doing crazy shit. He might have also been saying he ran a betting ring under the bleachers at those games.

A cautionary tale.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-01-10, 19:10

Any MAC fans on here? Does he have a shot at winning the league?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-10, 19:12

Tim Wakefield wrote:Any MAC fans on here? Does he have a shot at winning the league?

I'll bet you could talk Travis into signing up with you on a MAC hoops message board, as long as it doesn't cut into his time on the sewing board.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-10, 19:19

tGreenWay wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Any MAC fans on here? Does he have a shot at winning the league?

I'll bet you could talk Travis into signing up with you on a MAC hoops message board, as long as it doesn't cut into his time on the sewing board.

Just tell me where to be and I'll be there
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-10, 19:29

Turtleneck wrote:

This is close, but you forgot about the part where my 3 year old stuck her finger in her butt to help the poop come out and proudly stuck out her brown finger to show me.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-10, 19:37

tGreenWay wrote:

Just tell me where to be and I'll be there

That's a neighborly thing to do, especially since Wake isn't even your neighbor.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-10, 19:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

This is close, but you forgot about the part where my 3 year old stuck her finger in her butt to help the poop come out and proudly stuck out her brown finger to show me.

It's your life's story. You should've included in your MM tale.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-10, 19:43

NIU has a shot to win the West. CMU was the preseason favorite to win the West and the conference, but they have been less than impressive. NIU was picked to finish near the bottom of the West.

NIU and Akron (East) have the best overall records in the conference, and are the only teams without a conference loss. Both are 2-0. NIU is playing ahead of schedule right now. They have a shot to win the West if CMU keeps underachieving. As for the conference Tournament, Akron will be a tough out for an NIU team not nearly as talented. Same with Buffalo. Buffalo upset CMU in the conference championship game last year, and I would not be surprised if Buffalo emerges in conference play. They had a tough non-conference schedule that included back-to-back games against Duke and Iowa State.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-10, 19:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I bet Blanch has done this to somebody within the past 12 months.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-01-10, 20:15; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-10, 20:02

Turtleneck wrote:

NIU has a shot to win the West. CMU was the preseason favorite to win the West and the conference, but they have been less than impressive. NIU was picked to finish near the bottom of the West.

NIU and Akron (East) have the best overall records in the conference, and are the only teams without a conference loss. Both are 2-0. NIU is playing ahead of schedule right now. They have a shot to win the West if CMU keeps underachieving. As for the conference Tournament, Akron will be a tough out for an NIU team not nearly as talented. Same with Buffalo. Buffalo upset CMU in the conference championship game last year, and I would not be surprised if Buffalo emerges in conference play. They had a tough non-conference schedule that included back-to-back games against Duke and Iowa State.

Quit showing off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-01-10, 20:06

Turtleneck wrote:

This is the hard-hitting analysis that makes Swill VIP worth it. Thanks
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-10, 20:12

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Quit showing off.

I should have mentioned that right now NIU has the best defense in the MAC, and a top five offense. They are the only team in the top five in both offense and defense. They also lead the MAC in point differential. We will see how this all shakes out as the schedule gets tougher in conference play. It's still very early. In the MAC, it is hard to gauge teams before conference play.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-10, 20:14

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Quit showing off.

This.

I didn't even read that bullshit but I can smell the stench of smarmy asshole coming from a mile away.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-10, 20:15

Probably just my daughter's finger.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-10, 20:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Probably just my daughter's finger.

Your daughter is not employed in food service anywhere, right?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-10, 20:16

Turtleneck wrote:

Mark Montgomery might be turning the corner at NIU 1165525128
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-12, 21:11

NIU beats Toledo. CMU beats Akron. NIU last team in the MAC with undefeated conference record.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-12, 21:40

This has been your MAC basketball report. He's Turtleneck, saying: Goodnight, everybody!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-12, 21:43

Turtleneck wrote:NIU beats Toledo. CMU beats Akron. NIU last team in the MAC with undefeated conference record.

I swear to god I will turn this into a political thread if you don't stop.

Also, is Paul Ryan staring into my soul right now? He's making me very uncomfortable.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-12, 21:52

I heart the MAC.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-12, 22:02

tGreenWay wrote:This has been your MAC basketball report. He's Turtleneck, saying: Goodnight, everybody!

"For Coach Turtleneck, I'm tGreenway." Or is it the other way around ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 00:21

He can dance, too...
http://www.hustlebelt.com/2016/1/12/10758984/northern-illinois-is-3-0-in-mac-play-so-heres-mark-montgomery-going?_ga=1.70652249.897484182.1440618779
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-13, 00:28

Turtleneck wrote:NIU beats Toledo. CMU beats Akron. NIU last team in the MAC with undefeated conference record.

Also, is Paul Ryan staring into my soul right now? He's making me very uncomfortable.

He's Eddie Munster.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-13, 00:29

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:This has been your MAC basketball report. He's Turtleneck, saying: Goodnight, everybody!

"For Coach Turtleneck, I'm tGreenway." Or is it the other way around ?

"For Coach tGreenWay, I'm The Turtleneck"
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 00:30

tGreenWay wrote:

He's Eddie Munster.

He is Aaron Rodgers
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-13, 00:39

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

He's Eddie Munster.

He is Aaron Rodgers

Rodgers is banging Olivia Munn. I'd prefer to believe Ryan is banging some troll under the staircase at 1313 Mockingbird Lane.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 00:46

What time are you heading to dinner, Greenway?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-13, 00:51

Turtleneck wrote:What time are you heading to dinner, Greenway?

Just got back. Sorry. I'd've asked you to join us but I didn't think you were into the whole cosmopolitan lifestyle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 01:07

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:What time are you heading to dinner, Greenway?

Just got back. Sorry. I'd've asked you to join us but I didn't think you were into the whole cosmopolitan lifestyle.

So your plate of murder is cosmopolitan?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-01-13, 13:34

Somewhat related is the fact that Brian Gregory and his Yellowjackets took down Virginia last weekend. First victory over a top 5 team since 2010. After nearly getting shitcanned last spring, maybe they're turning a corner.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-13, 13:39

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

So your plate of murder is cosmopolitan?

Bump. How is MM doing now, at this hour?
And no, dinner that late is very light. No murder on the plate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next