Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife is pissed at me..

+21
Snake Plissken
SeeRockCity
AMwood
Rocinante
The_Dude
I.B. Fine
duffy munn
Blanch32
Frank Ricard
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Giant Moose
tanfan!
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Turtleneck
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
SpartanInNH
tTy
DWags
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wife is pissed at me.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wife is pissed at me..

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 10:13

Giant Moose wrote:DWags, your wife is just demanding excellence of you. I know demanding excellence always seems to upset you.

I'm used to people who demand more of others and not much of themselves moose. Guys like you. And I'll say, you do that well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-30, 10:15

Tanfan! wrote:My generation created the millennial slacker participation trophy generation. Nuff said. Embarrassment to all those ww2 dads.

This. I love when people say "those stupid millennials and their participation trophies! God they suck!" You were the idiots that were buying the trophies and giving it to them. Is it the 6 year Olds fault or the grown up?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-30, 10:17

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:DWags, your wife is just demanding excellence of you. I know demanding excellence always seems to upset you.

I'm used to people who demand more of others and not much of themselves moose. Guys like you. And I'll say, you do that well.
Are you drunk posting yet today? You really don't do that enough.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 10:18

Giant Moose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:My kids are older. They both knew they had basically 4 rules

1. treat other people the way you want to be treated. (like don't lie and get pissed because you were lied to)

2. Don't do anything that you don't want your family or the public to know about later.

3. Always do the best you can whether it's in class, in sports or being a friend

4. You can do anything once but if you pay attention to the first 3 you'll probably make good choices.

Worked my two kids but everyone's kids are different. Only had one major slip up. My oldest got a speeding ticket and told tell us. A few weeks earlier had gotten a ticket for rolling through what was thought to be a yellow light and paid the ticket thinking we wouldn't find out.
Got my new insurance quote and called asking why the huge bump in my rates. That's when I discovered the 2nd ticket. Never yelled or threatened. Just informed the kid who'd be paying the difference between the 1 ticket car insurance and the 2 ticket rate. Took $50-$60 a month for about 18 months until it was off to school at Iowa and because my student was living more than 200 miles from home without a car I could drop the driver from my policy.

Years later we still hear how not going ape shit and the monthly bill was far worse than yelling.
GRR, that involves actual parenting. DWags would rather just pretend everything is OK and have another drink.

If you're saying I don't know what the fuck to do half the time as a parent, I agree. As far as drinking. Yeah I do that too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 10:19

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Are you drunk posting yet today? You really don't do that enough.

I think I hit a nerve. Wife is pissed at me.. - Page 2 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-30, 10:22

One last thing DWags, as long as your daughter respects you and your wife she will be okay. But I think expecting a BJ from the wife with a kid in college and a 15 year old at home is very unrealistic.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 10:26

GRR Spartan wrote:One last thing DWags, as long as your daughter respects you and your wife she will be okay. But I think expecting a BJ from the wife with a kid in college and a 15 year old at home is very unrealistic.

Wife is pissed at me.. - Page 2 502811600

Problem wasn't with the kid. It was between my wife and I. Kids seem to be doing ok. One in college, one doing great in high school. Who knows if that will change. Hope it doesn't as far as the kids. But I'm pretty sure the wife and I will disagree about parenting again. I will say she's probably right way more than me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-01-30, 10:31

Tanfan! wrote:My generation created the millennial slacker participation trophy generation. Nuff said. Embarrassment to all those ww2 dads.

My wife and I talked about this last week. I tend to agree.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 10:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

This. I love when people say "those stupid millennials and their participation trophies! God they suck!" You were the idiots that were buying the trophies and giving it to them. Is it the 6 year Olds fault or the grown up?

Definitely the grown ups. And fucking helicopter parents are the scourge of America.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-30, 10:37

We may have created the pussies, but you're still the pussy, pussy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-30, 10:38

tGreenWay wrote:

I'm not a millennial. Good try tho.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-30, 10:41

tGreenWay wrote:

So, you're a slacker? That makes sense. Slacker.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-30, 10:44

tGreenWay wrote:

Actually, I'm not sure which I belong to. Depends on who you ask. Sort of in the middle between the two.

Regardless, isn't it time to go to the retirement home and die Greenway? Gotta be soon. Maybe next week.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-01-30, 10:54

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:One last thing DWags, as long as your daughter respects you and your wife she will be okay. But I think expecting a BJ from the wife with a kid in college and a 15 year old at home is very unrealistic.

Wife is pissed at me.. - Page 2 502811600

Problem wasn't with the kid. It was between my wife and I. Kids seem to be doing ok. One in college, one doing great in high school. Who knows if that will change. Hope it doesn't as far as the kids. But I'm pretty sure the wife and I will disagree about parenting again. I will say she's probably right way more than me.

We raised 4 kids. They were all NHS. Never had any trouble with them that I remember. Keep in mind I have no memory at all, so there's that. At some point they have to make decisions on their own. That was my only 'advice' to them - don't make decisions that will screw up the rest of your life at an early age. That was it.

They all turned out better than I did - they all have careers, making decent and sometimes even better than decent incomes, their marriages are stable, and we all still get along. One made a poor decision after she left home while in college, but she managed to get through it and came out the other side a little the wiser long term.

I have no idea why things turned out just fine. I might not have had anything to do with it. It just happened. But we I know we didn't have any hard set rules. Our basic thinking was let them grow up. If they haven't done anything to up to that point of not being truthful or not trusting them, then we cut the chord a little more. You sound a little more like the way the wife and I thot.

I know you already have one kid at MSU already - she would to have to have been a really good/great student. If the younger one hasn't given any reason up to this point of not trusting her, then my thot (and I'm sure my wife would agree) is let her live with her decision.

tl:dr - I think your wife is wrong and you should continue to drink
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-30, 10:58

DWags wrote:We're having an argument about the freedom our 15 year old should enjoy. Anyway, I said, did your parents ever know where you were, and what you were doing at all times on the weekends? She says no. We both know we drank got high did drugs in the late 70's early 80's. No cell phones to track us.

And here is my point: now my generation are a bunch of fucking helicopter parents who often make less than their parents expect more from their kids, wait for our parents houses and dowries and bitch more about America than ever. We (born between 1960 and 1980) have contributed less, demanded more missed major wars, hate paying the taxes our parents paid, and blame more people for Americas problems than any generation ever.

She says I'm history based and not social worker based. What am I missing? I don't think I'm getting the BJ tonight.

Am I wrong?

Full disclosure. I've been kind of drinking.

Nailed it dude. Proud you finally realized this
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-30, 11:00

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah. What ghost said.

I have always thought tTy was a home school type parent though. Just guessing.

I took my two 5 year olds to a fucking bar tonight for 3 hours and drank Sam Adams like it was my job till 9:30 tonight, cuz it is.... WTF?

So you're that guy. .....smh
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-30, 11:03

tGreenWay wrote:

Actually, I'm not sure which I belong to. Depends on who you ask. Sort of in the middle between the two.

Regardless, isn't it time to go to the retirement home and die Greenway? Gotta be soon. Maybe next week.

Not today. My hip is too sore to get to the car. Plus, there might be flurries today. Not safe to drive.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-30, 11:04

tGreenWay wrote:

Not today. My hip is too sore to get to the car. Plus, there might be flurries today. Not safe to drive.

Whoa whoa whoa Greenway. Calm down. Go get yourself some warm milk and relax. You seem flustered.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-30, 11:08

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:So, what did the daughter do that has you and the missus all pissed off at each other?

Seriously, came up to us at the basketball game and said she was staying at a friends house tonight instead of dinner with us. Girls mom was with us in the stands and I said, cool, I'll drive over and pick you up tomorrow. So the wife says no she needs to come home tonight. I'm now embarrassed cause somehow I fucked up about the go ahead and now I got to stumble over words figuring why I said cool and it wasn't. Get home to find out if you made a plan with family you shouldn't break it (which I agree, but big deal, it's one night). Then it became a generational thing like we wouldn't do that to our parents and I disagreed.

So there. Small shit that drinking seems to magnify.

By the way, I did that to my parents all the time.

So glad I'm not married to some controlling bitch
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 11:13

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Seriously, came up to us at the basketball game and said she was staying at a friends house tonight instead of dinner with us. Girls mom was with us in the stands and I said, cool, I'll drive over and pick you up tomorrow. So the wife says no she needs to come home tonight. I'm now embarrassed cause somehow I fucked up about the go ahead and now I got to stumble over words figuring why I said cool and it wasn't. Get home to find out if you made a plan with family you shouldn't break it (which I agree, but big deal, it's one night). Then it became a generational thing like we wouldn't do that to our parents and I disagreed.

So there. Small shit that drinking seems to magnify.

By the way, I did that to my parents all the time.

So glad I'm not married to some controlling bitch

'I think the controlling bitch is too
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 11:15

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:We're having an argument about the freedom our 15 year old should enjoy. Anyway, I said, did your parents ever know where you were, and what you were doing at all times on the weekends? She says no. We both know we drank got high did drugs in the late 70's early 80's. No cell phones to track us.

And here is my point: now my generation are a bunch of fucking helicopter parents who often make less than their parents expect more from their kids, wait for our parents houses and dowries and bitch more about America than ever. We (born between 1960 and 1980) have contributed less, demanded more missed major wars, hate paying the taxes our parents paid, and blame more people for Americas problems than any generation ever.

She says I'm history based and not social worker based. What am I missing? I don't think I'm getting the BJ tonight.

Am I wrong?

Nailed it dude. Proud you finally realized this

Oh, Ihave no sympathy for my generation. We're a very selfish generation. No arguments. The baby boomers really fucked up a lot of things.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-30, 11:23

tGreenWay wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa Greenway. Calm down. Go get yourself some warm milk and relax. You seem flustered.

I'll feel better when I get my grilled cheese and tomato sandwich and Mother turns on the Weather Channel.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-30, 13:52

Fuck chan.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-30, 13:59

Giant Moose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:My kids are older. They both knew they had basically 4 rules

1. treat other people the way you want to be treated. (like don't lie and get pissed because you were lied to)

2. Don't do anything that you don't want your family or the public to know about later.

3. Always do the best you can whether it's in class, in sports or being a friend

4. You can do anything once but if you pay attention to the first 3 you'll probably make good choices.

Worked my two kids but everyone's kids are different. Only had one major slip up. My oldest got a speeding ticket and told tell us. A few weeks earlier had gotten a ticket for rolling through what was thought to be a yellow light and paid the ticket thinking we wouldn't find out.
Got my new insurance quote and called asking why the huge bump in my rates. That's when I discovered the 2nd ticket. Never yelled or threatened. Just informed the kid who'd be paying the difference between the 1 ticket car insurance and the 2 ticket rate. Took $50-$60 a month for about 18 months until it was off to school at Iowa and because my student was living more than 200 miles from home without a car I could drop the driver from my policy.

Years later we still hear how not going ape shit and the monthly bill was far worse than yelling.
GRR, that involves actual parenting. DWags would rather just pretend everything is OK and have another drink.

Guessing you don't have kids. Yet you are an expert on parenting. Seems to fit your profile.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-30, 14:14

Fuck chan
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-30, 14:23

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Guessing you don't have kids. Yet you are an expert on parenting. Seems to fit your profile.
You make fun of people for having a dead parent. Get over yourself.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-30, 14:37

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

You didn't let us know if you have children or not. Quick question : if some day you have a son that plays in the Final Four, would you call him a loser ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-30, 14:37

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Are the parenting tips you're giving in this thread the first time you have given tips?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-30, 14:38

I didn't give any parenting tips in this thread actually.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-30, 14:39

Turtleneck wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Are the parenting tips you're giving in this thread the first time you have given tips?

I get it. Now what if one of GM's future offspring winds up waiting tables at age 26 ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-30, 14:40

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

You didn't let us know if you have children or not. Quick question : if some day you have a son that plays in the Final Four, would you call him a loser ?

I wouldn't make him pay me back with interest like your pops did to you. Wife is pissed at me.. - Page 2 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 14:45

gHost Spartan wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Not trying to flame FWags but in addition to the drinking there's also the excessive posting. Stop posting, start parenting, FWags

I need to do better.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-01-30, 14:46

DWags wrote:We're having an argument about the freedom our 15 year old should enjoy. Anyway, I said, did your parents ever know where you were, and what you were doing at all times on the weekends?  She says no. We both know we drank got high did drugs in the late 70's early 80's. No cell phones to track us.

And here is my point:  now my generation are a bunch of fucking helicopter parents who often make less than their parents expect more from their kids, wait for our parents houses and dowries and bitch more about America than ever.  We (born between 1960 and 1980) have contributed less, demanded more missed major wars, hate paying the taxes our parents paid, and blame more people for Americas problems than any generation ever.

She says I'm history based and not social worker based. What am I missing?  I don't think I'm getting the BJ tonight.

Am I wrong?

Nobody has gotten to the crux of the issue, the man is wishy washy.
How the hell do you "kind of" drink? are you worried your daughter will be "kind of" pregnant, too?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 14:50

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:We're having an argument about the freedom our 15 year old should enjoy. Anyway, I said, did your parents ever know where you were, and what you were doing at all times on the weekends?  She says no. We both know we drank got high did drugs in the late 70's early 80's. No cell phones to track us.

And here is my point:  now my generation are a bunch of fucking helicopter parents who often make less than their parents expect more from their kids, wait for our parents houses and dowries and bitch more about America than ever.  We (born between 1960 and 1980) have contributed less, demanded more missed major wars, hate paying the taxes our parents paid, and blame more people for Americas problems than any generation ever.

She says I'm history based and not social worker based. What am I missing?  I don't think I'm getting the BJ tonight.

Am I wrong?

Nobody has gotten to the crux of the issue, the man is wishy washy.
How the hell do you "kind of" drink? are you worried your daughter will be "kind of" pregnant, too?

Kind of
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-30, 14:56

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Actually I don't teach my kid to post non stop criticism of others on the internet. Bet your kids are so proud
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 14:58

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Actually I don't teach my kid to post non stop criticism of others on the internet. Bet your kids are so proud

You have kids?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-30, 15:03

DWags wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You have kids?

You're a grandpa!!!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-30, 15:38

I think I'm in trouble. Twife worked two nights in a row. Came home yesterday on about 3 hours of sleep. The littlest one got sick at some point so she was up half the night. I woke up at 4:30 am and called him down. I had golf this morning, I told her quite a few times that I didn't have to go, but she told me to go. I left at 7 am. Called her around noon to tell her we're doing lunch down the street, did she want to go. She said no. I got home at 1:45. She asks what took so long and went to bed. I'm going to a beer festival tonight, from 4:30-9:30. I'm guessing I should just sleep on the couch tonight.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-30, 15:41

InTenSity wrote:I think I'm in trouble. Twife worked two nights in a row. Came home yesterday on about 3 hours of sleep. The littlest one got sick at some point so she was up half the night. I woke up at 4:30 am and called him down. I had golf this morning, I told her quite a few times that I didn't have to go, but she told me to go. I left at 7 am. Called her around noon to tell her we're doing lunch down the street, did she want to go. She said no. I got home at 1:45. She asks what took so long and went to bed. I'm going to a beer festival tonight, from 4:30-9:30. I'm guessing I should just sleep on the couch tonight.

Stay out, get a hooker.

See ghost, parenting skills.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-30, 15:52

DWags wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You have kids?

This isn't common knowledge?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next