Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

serious question....

+17
SomeFanName
Rocinante
SeeRockCity
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
TheReal_LWS
Blanch32
NigelUno
Cameron
Frank Ricard
Turtleneck
DWags
pulling69
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

serious question.... Empty serious question....

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 0:55

Why and or how is this offensive? I've given up trying to understand why people supposedly get offended over shit like this, so I'm just going to ask because I'm not going to waste brain power on this shit. I seriously, 100%, don't get it..... Two people dress up like an indian and a pilgrim and a bunch of other people lose their shit over it. How?

serious question.... Pilgri10
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

serious question.... Empty Re: serious question....

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:05

Indians/Native Americans probably feel like it's white people wearing their culture as a costume. Being a costume may degrade their culture or sacredness of it. Especially in a pretty white dominated country as is.

With that said, I'm a pretty big believer in ignoring this type of shit. It only causes more division every time it's in the media or on Facebook being shared viral a million times. Fuck it. Rage on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:11

I don't get it.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:16

tTy wrote:I don't get it.

Well you're not Native American so you probably won't.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:18

Thing is ty people grow up with different perspectives and have different experiences than you. Not going to be on the same page with everything with everyone.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Thing is ty people grow up with different perspectives and have different experiences than you. Not going to be on the same page with everything with everyone.

What if a black dude dressed up like Samuel Adams during Halloween? Offensive?

Why do I have to give two shits what someone elses "perspectives and experiences" happen to be if they are also just stupid individuals with gigantic pie holes and sensitive feelings?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:25

OTPOTPOTPYT, I am not trying to be an ass. Promise. I am 100% not understanding how this could possibly be offensive to someone to the extent that these people need to make a fucking public apology for this. This is nuts. Political correctness has gone passed insane into looney tunes territory. This is a fucking costume, on Halloween. Ya know, when people dress up as shit that they are NOT in real life.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:27

Red face is to Native Americans as black face is to African Americans....Also the "feathers" dude is sporting are supposed to be I assume the ceremonial war feathers of certain tribes, pretty sacred in their cultures. Again, I am a white bread so I wouldn't know about such things.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:29

What is offensive to me is that the photographer missed a great shot at the skirt and legs of the pilgrim, and also more of the tight full bodied outfit the skank on the right is wearing. I draw the line at shitty non-offensive photography when the opportunity for so much more presents itself.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:34

tTy, would you wear a KKK costume trick or treating on McNichols (six mile) and Gratiot?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:35

pulling69 wrote:Red face is to Native Americans as black face is to African Americans....Also the "feathers" dude is sporting are supposed to be I assume the ceremonial war feathers of certain tribes, pretty sacred in their cultures. Again, I am a white bread so I wouldn't know about such things.

So? At what point do your feelings become my fucking problem? If your feelings actually ARE my fucking problem, then at what point do my feelings become YOUR fucking problem? If everything needs to be so equal, should all our feelings = each other feelings? How do you get to claim the "feelings higher ground" when all I wanna do is go out with my girl and party on Halloween and take a pic and post it on the innernets when all you wanna do is sit at home and look at the innernets and get pissed at pictures on the innernets? This shit is fucking stupid. And people that fucking legitimize this shit through this incredibly idiotic rationalization of any of this shit are fucking stupid.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:36

DWags wrote:tTy, would you wear a KKK costume trick or treating on McNichols (six mile) and Gratiot?

Fuck no, them fuckers don't give out the full sized Milky Ways.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:40

pulling69 wrote:What is offensive to me is that the photographer missed a great shot at the skirt and legs of the pilgrim, and also more of the tight full bodied outfit the skank on the right is wearing. I draw the line at shitty non-offensive photography when the opportunity for so much more presents itself.

But we're totally cool with objectifying pieces of ass in our society..... Even though probably none of us have ever actually crossed paths with a full blooded native 'merican in our lifetime.... kay.....(Queue the, I seen one of them injun guys last week at my family reunion, and I'm like 4.8% Chief Walking Bull Shit's great, great, great grandson, guy)
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:41

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:tTy, would you wear a KKK costume trick or treating on McNichols (six mile) and Gratiot?

I know you wouldn't. I get that. No offense then, but quit being a tough guy about people's feelings and not caring about them. I guess it's best to think of shit that way instead of whether or not your hurting someone's feelings. If you wouldn't wear a costume somewhere that would get your ass kicked don't be a pussy and wear it where it wouldn't get your ass kicked. Simple rule.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:45

tTy wrote:Why and or how is this offensive? I've given up trying to understand why people supposedly get offended over shit like this, so I'm just going to ask because I'm not going to waste brain power on this shit. I seriously, 100%, don't get it..... Two people dress up like an indian and a pilgrim and a bunch of other people lose their shit over it. How?

You seem to wasting a lot of brain power on this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:46

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:

I know you wouldn't. I get that. No offense then, but quit being a tough guy about people's feelings and not caring about them. I guess it's best to think of shit that way instead of whether or not your hurting someone's feelings. If you wouldn't wear a costume somewhere that would get your ass kicked don't be a pussy and wear it where it wouldn't get your ass kicked. Simple rule.

So dressing up as Tonto is the same as dressing up as a KKK Grand Wizard in your world. Fucking strange.

I also love when you pull the, "stop being a tough guy, cuz you ain't" shit on the internet. So fucking BOSS!!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:47

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:Why and or how is this offensive? I've given up trying to understand why people supposedly get offended over shit like this, so I'm just going to ask because I'm not going to waste brain power on this shit. I seriously, 100%, don't get it..... Two people dress up like an indian and a pilgrim and a bunch of other people lose their shit over it. How?

You seem to wasting a lot of brain power on this.

You seem to wasting no brain this neder.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:48

tTy wrote:
pulling69 wrote:Red face is to Native Americans as black face is to African Americans....Also the "feathers" dude is sporting are supposed to be I assume the ceremonial war feathers of certain tribes, pretty sacred in their cultures. Again, I am a white bread so I wouldn't know about such things.

So? At what point do your feelings become my fucking problem? If your feelings actually ARE my fucking problem, then at what point do my feelings become YOUR fucking problem? If everything needs to be so equal, should all our feelings = each other feelings? How do you get to claim the "feelings higher ground" when all I wanna do is go out with my girl and party on Halloween and take a pic and post it on the innernets when all you wanna do is sit at home and look at the innernets and get pissed at pictures on the innernets? This shit is fucking stupid. And people that fucking legitimize this shit through this incredibly idiotic rationalization of any of this shit are fucking stupid.

White power.... What size white sheets do you order?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 1:59

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

So dressing up as Tonto is the same as dressing up as a KKK Grand Wizard in your world. Fucking strange.

I also love when you pull the, "stop being a tough guy, cuz you ain't" shit on the internet. So fucking BOSS!!!!!

Who said it's the same and when did I say I gave a fuck what costume anyone wears? I'm not claiming to be a tough guy, I'm only telling you a rule that I think is simple. If you don't agree with the rule, the fuck do we care? I'm no bad ass. I just follow that. If I wouldn't grab girls by the pussy when I'm living my life I wouldn't do it as a star. If I wouldn't use the "R" word around mentally challenged people's parents I won't use it around friends. If I wouldn't tell a joke using the "N" word around black guys, I wouldn't around a bunch of white guys.

Not being a boss or telling people not to go to parties dressed like the fuck they want. I'm for them doing it. It's America. I support them and am against those who would try to stop them. You got my question wrong tTy. I'm with you. But maybe we're implying the pussies are the ones with hurt feelings when we should be implying the pussies are those who would not do the same thing 100% of the time because they really are afraid of either offending someone or getting their ass kicked.

Not a boss. Don't give a fuck what you wear.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:00

Ty you're the guy who's yelling about not caring so much. Stay away from the mainstream media and off viralconservative.com. Enjoy life and don't bother with these people you despise.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:03

pulling69 wrote:
tTy wrote:

There I go not properly managing your feelings right again..... whoopsies.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Ty you're the guy who's yelling about not caring so much. Stay away from the mainstream media and off viralconservative.com. Enjoy life and don't bother with these people you despise.

You are not paying enough attention to my feelings, OTPOTYEOPYTE, that is on YOU.

DWAGS, I'm not going to read your manifesto..... four sentences, tops, or = no reply cuz, TLDR.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:06

tTy wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Ty you're the guy who's yelling about not caring so much. Stay away from the mainstream media and off viralconservative.com. Enjoy life and don't bother with these people you despise.

You are not paying enough attention to my feelings, OTPOTYEOPYTE, that is on YOU.

DWAGS, I'm not going to read your manifesto..... four sentences, tops, or = no reply cuz, TLDR.

I'm calling you a pussy. I think you kind of are, but I support your right to be one. I'm for the first amendment.

Short enough?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:12

tTy wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

There I go not properly managing your feelings right again..... whoopsies.

You must have me confused with a millennial like OPTP or something.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:15

Wut
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:23

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:

I'm calling you a pussy. I think you kind of are, but I support your right to be one. I'm for the first amendment.

Short enough?

Man, that got me right in the feelings. You would be in so much deep shit if you were actually somebody and not just a washed up has been wanna be JV high school football coach who's daddy once handed out water bottles to a 4-8 football team at MSU.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wut

Rut Roh!!! FEELINGS!!!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:25

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

Short enough?

Man, that got me right in the feelings. You would be in so much deep shit if you were actually somebody and not just a washed up has been wanna be JV high school football coach who's daddy once handed out water bottles to a 4-8 football team at MSU.

Cool. I think we're clear here. Next time don't ask a question if you don't like the answers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:27

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:

Cool. I think we're clear here. Next time don't ask a question if you don't like the answers.

lmao, whatever spaz.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:28

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

lmao, whatever spaz.

Pussy
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:28

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:

lmao, whatever spaz.

Pussy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 2:52

tTy wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wut

Rut Roh!!! FEELINGS!!!!!!

You are relatively young to be so bitter, what's up?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 3:57

I saw this 'offense' too. I don't get it, but I'm not going to get offended by other people getting offended. I guess I don't give a shit. Does that make me a bad person?
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 7:13

Sticking specifically to the picture in the OP, it doesn't seem egregious to me. He's not in red face, he's just got red war paint over his eyes. Far from the full Al Jolson. I don't know the significance of the head dress, maybe it is a sacred garment or something, but I don't even understand the concept of a sacred garment, frankly. Seems like absolute nonsense to me, but then I'm the sort of person who thinks getting upset about people burning flags is fucking ridiculous too.

To me, this instance would be analogous to a white guy wearing samurai armor as a costume. Sure he hasn't "earned" the right to wear the outfit in real life, but he's not wearing it in fucking June, is he? Plus his date is wearing a pilgrim outfit rather than a cowboy outfit, which only helps his case in my opinion.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 8:26

Is she a Pilgrim or Amish?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 8:54

need more dwags ty dsm. quality stuff.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 8:55

The problem is that everyone is looking for something to be offended by these days. It is ridiculous. tTy you are on to it with your "feelings" comments. Everyone thinks you can never hurt anyone's feelings. "Don't buy veal, your hurt someone's feelings." "Don't pass that care on a two-lane road, you might hurt the driver's feelings." We live in a world where everyone's feelings are paramount and no one should ever suffer hurt feelings.

It's stupid.

And Dwags is the biggest internet tough guy on this board. LOL That he called you out for it is as hypocritical as they come.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 8:56

Tty definitely doesn't get offended by stuff you guys. He doesn't get why people get offended by stupid stuff that doesn't have any impact on them. Like, why do people get all offended at the stupidest stuff? It doesn't make any sense.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t12622-colin-kaepernick-is-a-stupid-black-guy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 8:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Tty definitely doesn't get offended by stuff you guys. He doesn't get why people get offended by stupid stuff that doesn't have any impact on them. Like, why do people get all offended at the stupidest stuff? It doesn't make any sense.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t12622-colin-kaepernick-is-a-stupid-black-guy

Travis, you are a moron.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 9:00

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Tty definitely doesn't get offended by stuff you guys. He doesn't get why people get offended by stupid stuff that doesn't have any impact on them. Like, why do people get all offended at the stupidest stuff? It doesn't make any sense.

Travis, you are a moron.

Lol, owned.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next