Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+20
CheesySpartan
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
steveschneider
AnomanderRake
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
xsanguine
DWags
GRR Spartan
24 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:06 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Pretty sure the law in Michigan says the driver has to immediately inform the officer that he's carrying.

And then get murdered.

I'm sorry, I get super fired up about this cop stuff. It's completely fucking insane to me though that a lot of people look at stuff like this and don't think "we have to stop this."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Rocinante Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Pretty sure the law in Michigan says the driver has to immediately inform the officer that he's carrying.

And then get murdered.

I'm sorry, I get super fired up about this cop stuff. It's completely fucking insane to me though that a lot of WHITE MEN look at stuff like this and don't think "we have to stop this."

Fixed
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Rocinante wrote:

And then get murdered.

I'm sorry, I get super fired up about this cop stuff. It's completely fucking insane to me though that a lot of WHITE MEN look at stuff like this and don't think "we have to stop this."

Fixed

Some white women too. I'll settle for just white people.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:11 pm

I have found that women are the ones that are really leading the revolution we're seeing in civic engagement so I don't want to disparage them. White men are mostly fucking cowards.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Rocinante wrote:I have found that women are the ones that are really leading the revolution we're seeing in civic engagement so I don't want to disparage them. White men are mostly fucking cowards.

Oh I live in Michigan. So I know plenty of wildly racist white women. Mostly baby boomers. Maybe it's geographic. Or age.

Let's go with "white baby boomers" and call it a day.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:17 pm

And then get murdered.

I'm sorry, I get super fired up about this cop stuff. It's completely fucking insane to me though that a lot of people look at stuff like this and don't think "we have to stop this."

Preaching to the choir. I was just pointing out how a carry announcement to a cop isn't just an NRA rec in MI.
ps Fuck the NRA.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

And then get murdered.

Preaching to the choir. I was just pointing out how a carry announcement to a cop isn't just an NRA rec in MI.
ps Fuck the NRA.

Yeah, for some reason I thought that was just a good idea instead of actual law... but a guy who tells you they have a gun isn't trying to kill you with it four seconds later. No matter their skin color. Fuck.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:38 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

ps Fuck the NRA.

Yeah, for some reason I thought that was just a good idea instead of actual law... but a guy who tells you they have a gun isn't trying to kill you with it four seconds later. No matter their skin color. Fuck.

Exactly. Im convinced that fucking coward cop would've shot the guy even if he'd said "I'm going to reach for my wallet now."
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm convinced we have a lot of law enforcement carrying guns who did well in classrooms but in real situations they panic.

The policewoman in Tulsa OK could have used a Taser to disable the man she killed. The policeman in Cleveland shot the 12 year old because he saw a gun. Now this MN policeman gets the yips and shoots a guy rather than asking him to get out of the car. Then after the fact they rely on the THC defense.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Rocinante wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Sounds like the US is back to being tough on Cuba.

What's the desired outcome? The Cuban government that's managed to stay in power for over 50 years is going to throw up its hands and return to 1950's style Cuba where the US backed dictator Batista had cozy relationships with the islands wealthiest residents?

IT'S NOT A GOOD ENOUGH DEAL FOR AMERICA. IF I CAN GET US A BETTER DEAL? GREAT! IF NOT, THAT'S OKAY TOO!

Would that better deal include a long term lease on Cuban ocean front for a luxury hotel/golf course Trump's sons could develop?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:00 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:I'm convinced we have a lot of law enforcement carrying guns who did well in classrooms but in real situations they panic.

The policewoman in Tulsa OK could have used a Taser to disable the man she killed. The policeman in Cleveland shot the 12 year old because he saw a gun. Now this MN policeman gets the yips and shoots a guy rather than asking him to get out of the car. Then after the fact they rely on the THC defense.

I think it's literally the exact opposite. We have a lot of cops in this country right now who are displaced factory workers. They aren't really smart enough for college and those types of jobs, they can't get an education really, so instead of working at mcdonals their whole life they go become cops where they can be paid decent and get heaped praise on them left and right. We then trust them implicitly, but the truth is that our cops are just the fuck off kid that didn't know what the hell was going on in high school. (This is largely based on the people I know who are cops from high school. They were fuck ups.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:07 am

Travis, there are some places your premise holds true but more departments are requiring at least an associate sometimes a bachelors degree as a job requirement.

A major part of the problem is how they are paid. In Louisiana, Texas and some other states its accepted that if you aren't #4 or higher on the organizational chart you need to work a second job.

Crap pay, low requirements and marginal training are recipe for bad outcomes.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:50 pm

It Is impossible to overstate how stupid people in this country are.

People are sending threatening messages to Shakespeare production companies. But not that one. Well, that one. But a whole bunch of others too.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:40 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It Is impossible to overstate how stupid people in this country are.

People are sending threatening messages to Shakespeare production companies. But not that one. Well, that one. But a whole bunch of others too.

Ridiculous. Then again, I doubt your average Trumpanzee GAS about Shakespeare. They only see it as an attack on their guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:20 am

John Cornyn, Texas republican senator: The people have a right to know what is happening behind closed doors with secret HC negotiations
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:21 am

Oh I'm sorry. That tweet he wrote was from 2010 when there were all sorts of public debates regarding ACA. He hasn't said anything like that recently. My baaaaad.

https://twitter.com/johncornyn/status/7471563078
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Cameron wrote:

I'm torn on Dave, which is a good thing I guess. I like his interviewing style but man he occasionally has some really odd people on the show. Which I know, that's the point.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:16 am

Guys, I'm so upset about this. I can't even deal. This might as well be the pee tape to me. It's so bad. Nothing about this is okay. I can't believe some of you voted for the guy. I mean.

Fuck.

https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/877906396628439041
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:19 am

Speaking of Twitter look up Tom Cottons (Arkansas) staff members Twitter. A real beacon of change.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:21 am

There are lines you dont' cross, and frankly, though we're joking, it shows you how much he feels he's "entitled".
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:42 am

DWags wrote:There are lines you dont' cross, and frankly, though we're joking, it shows you how much he feels he's "entitled".

He's such a fucking monster. I mean, he probably owns the course, but that doesn't make it not a dick move. There's a reason why you don't do that. Fuck.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:02 pm

I don't think he's actually on the green.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:10 pm

NigelUno wrote:I don't think he's actually on the green.
He was actually on the green Nigel. Who the fuck does that? 8 year olds?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:27 pm

InTenSity wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I don't think he's actually on the green.

Maybe the screen on my laptop needs some dusting, but seems like I see a line/cut that's a slightly different shade (meaning he's not really on the green).

I could be wrong.

Is he driving a cart where he probably shouldn't be anyway? Yeah. But, I don't think he's actually on the green.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:26 pm

You know who this really hurts? The rich country club fucks. Trump is just giving a big Fuck You to the corporate fat cats.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:43 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:You know who this really hurts? The rich country club fucks. Trump is just giving a big Fuck You to the corporate fat cats.

Lol
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:49 pm

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Maybe the screen on my laptop needs some dusting, but seems like I see a line/cut that's a slightly different shade (meaning he's not really on the green).

I could be wrong.

Is he driving a cart where he probably shouldn't be anyway? Yeah. But, I don't think he's actually on the green.

His ball might not have been on the green, but he was definitely driving all over it. Arrogant pos.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:18 am

Trump lies - pretty funny how we've all jut become numb to them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Trump's commission for Presidential elections includes people who have never dealt with running elections and notably Former Ohio Sec of State Blackwell who while in office tried to reduce voter participation in traditionally Democratic areas by doing everything from requiring an odd sized post card required to register by mail, shifting precinct maps without informing voters, shutting down some polling sites to having a surplus of voting machines in GOP friendly precincts and not enough in precincts that often voted for Democrats.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:12 am

Last night at like 10- Press secretary's office issues an ominous statement about Syria

Last night around 1030- president tweets about something he saw on Fox News and the Supreme Court

Last night around 11- pentagon people are like "wait what? Syria? We have no idea what he's talking about."

This morning- president is tweeting and retweeting incessantly about the media, fake news, CNN the whole gambit.

So, the question I have and I'm sure World leaders all around the globe are asking is, where the hell did that message about Syria come from? Trump clearly doesn't give a shit based on his tweeting. Was he even aware of it? I mean, I'd hope so. Its entirely plausible that he sent this thing about Syria then retired to a long evening and morning of cable news. But it's also plausible that someone else is off doing the actual presidential work while he is screaming at his TiVo about cable news hot takes. Its just disconcerting. And another example of "we'd all be better off if he put down twitter." But he won't.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:15 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote: But it's also plausible that someone else is off doing the actual presidential work while he is screaming at his TiVo about cable news hot takes.

If he's the worst President ever isn't this a good thing?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:16 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote: But it's also plausible that someone else is off doing the actual presidential work while he is screaming at his TiVo about cable news hot takes.

it is for me - makes it more fun to mock him and his christian followers.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 19 969504605

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:17 am

LooseGoose wrote:

A) if he's the worst president ever and someone else is doing the presidenting then is he the worst president ever or not really a president? B) I suppose that depends on who is doing the presidenting.

Another bad #hottake buddy. Slow down.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:14 am

LooseGoose wrote:

A) if he's the worst president ever and someone else is doing the presidenting then is he the worst president ever or not really a president? B) I suppose that depends on who is doing the presidenting.

I can't win. My links get criticized. My takes get criticized.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:15 am

LooseGoose wrote:

but look how much we missed you! The political hodge podge thread - Page 19 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:15 am

LooseGoose wrote:

That wasn't a very well thought out take goose. Prolly should have taken an extra second to go through that one in your head.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:59 am

LooseGoose wrote:

That wasn't a very well thought out take goose. Prolly should have taken an extra second to go through that one in your head.

Can we have a fundraiser on here to buy Wags a ball washer?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:07 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Can we have a fundraiser on here to buy Wags a ball washer?

how much does a Vietnamese ladyboy run these days?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:36 pm

America Fascists
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next