Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, Michigan

+29
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
loogoldham
y2kMgrad
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
Da Mayor
Travis of the Cosmos
Wally Fairway
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Senior Dickfist
InTenSity
Triple Sparty
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
AMwood
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Three_Putt_Par
DWags
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
goodbar
tGreenWay
33 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Article Re: Oh, Michigan

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-04-11, 15:42

Michigan woman calls 911 to help kill spider

I hope more of this story surfaces because the details in the link are a thinly spun web information.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-11, 15:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:Michigan woman calls 911 to help kill spider

I hope more of this story surfaces because the details in the link are a thinly spun web information.
this story has legs.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-04-14, 19:37

think i saw a thread on this somewhere but can't find it now so I'll post it here

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/13/michigan-man-charged-shooting-teen-who-knocked-door-ask-directions/516576002/

Everyone calling the shooter racist...it was 100000% his wife yelling and causing a scene who is probably the racist one and homeboy was trying to placate his wife
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-14, 19:41

CORNER BLITZ wrote:think i saw a thread on this somewhere but can't find it now so I'll post it here

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/13/michigan-man-charged-shooting-teen-who-knocked-door-ask-directions/516576002/

Everyone calling the shooter racist...it was 100000% his wife yelling and causing a scene who is probably the racist one and homeboy was trying to placate his wife

Possibly. But incredibly stupid to shoot at someone running away.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-04-14, 19:54

not saying he's not an idiot and going to jail
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 19:56

CORNER BLITZ wrote:think i saw a thread on this somewhere but can't find it now so I'll post it here

I’m not sure how many husbands and wives you know but it’s probably both....
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-14, 23:53

And yet they want equal pay.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-15, 14:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

this story has legs.

Haven’t seen anything more about this. Someone must’ve killed the story.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-04-16, 12:52

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2018/04/wifi_name_prompts_bomb_scare_e.html

Oh, Michigan - Page 3 502811600Oh, Michigan - Page 3 502811600
idiots
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-04-16, 12:57

CORNER BLITZ wrote:http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2018/04/wifi_name_prompts_bomb_scare_e.html

Oh, Michigan - Page 3 502811600Oh, Michigan - Page 3 502811600
idiots

Might as well have named it Kaboom!!! Oh, Michigan - Page 3 1966794946
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-16, 13:53

Someone needs a hug.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-09, 15:10

Situations like these are interesting AF to me. Mods, I have no desire to see this discussion devolve into a Swill-style verbal war, so if things get testy, feel free to move, lock or delete it.

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/2018/05/08/residents-outraged-neighbors-sign-habit/589190002/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-05-09, 16:36

tGreenWay wrote:Situations like these are interesting AF to me. Mods, I have no desire to see this discussion devolve into a Swill-style verbal war, so if things get testy, feel free to move, lock or delete it.

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/2018/05/08/residents-outraged-neighbors-sign-habit/589190002/

Crazy-ass homeowner wrote:
"Someone from the city was here and they gave me the code," he said. "My signs can't be over four feet tall or more than four square feet. This one here (he touches one close to his porch) is 47 inches — one inch below code."

Well, I gotta hand it to him he knows how to make his unique brand of crazy compatible with the ordinances of the local municipality.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-09, 16:55

tGreenWay wrote:Situations like these are interesting AF to me. Mods, I have no desire to see this discussion devolve into a Swill-style verbal war, so if things get testy, feel free to move, lock or delete it.

Simple for me, you either believe in free speech or you don't.

Hate speech is made up shit to control others and limit their speech. If you don't like what someone is saying walk away and ostracize them, don't imprison them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-09, 17:26

LooseGoose wrote:

Hate speech is made up shit to control others and limit their speech. If you don't like what someone is saying walk away and ostracize them, don't imprison them.

I agree with you, but I do feel an enormous amount of sympathy for the other homeowners. The comment about his signs being hate speech was ridiculous. The person who made it is either just that dumb or made the comment as a way to support an argument to have the signs removed. Either way, the guys is nuts and those poor people probably really will have a much more difficult time selling their properties.

Edit: I should clarify that I agree the comment about this being hate speech is ridonkulous, but I disagree with your premise that all hate speech is made up to silence others.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-09, 20:25

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I agree with you, but I do feel an enormous amount of sympathy for the other homeowners. The comment about his signs being hate speech was ridiculous. The person who made it is either just that dumb or made the comment as a way to support an argument to have the signs removed. Either way, the guys is nuts and those poor people probably really will have a much more difficult time selling their properties.

Edit: I should clarify that I agree the comment about this being hate speech is ridonkulous, but I disagree with your premise that all hate speech is made up to silence others.

I agree that there is hateful speech. My issue is with criminalizing speech, which is what the various hate speech laws are intended to do. When you criminalize something you are attempting to suppress/stop it....thus my statement about the term being used to silence others.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-09, 20:34

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I agree that there is hateful speech. My issue is with criminalizing speech, which is what the various hate speech laws are intended to do. When you criminalize something you are attempting to suppress/stop it....thus my statement about the term being used to silence others.

Oh, Michigan - Page 3 55953254
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-09, 20:37

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What about speech that incites violence or dehumanizes a group of people so that violence against them is less likely to be abhorrent? There is no line?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-09, 20:39

What if someone shouted “he has a gun!!” and people start scattering and one gets hit by a car. Does that person have no responsibility?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-09, 20:39

All freedoms have limits in a society. We decide where that limit is.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-09, 20:40

And no, I don’t think this person’s signs cross any lines. But the fact that she’s an elected official is pretty hilarious.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-05-09, 20:42

My buddy who lives in MD sent me this today. This is apparently near him. Not trying to politicize.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2018/05/09/hey-liberals-better-get-your-guns-if-you-try-to-impeach-this-pro-trump-sign-outside-washington-is-coming-down/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.63e21dea58cd
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-09, 20:45

Rocinante wrote:What if someone shouted “he has a gun!!” and people start scattering and one gets hit by a car. Does that person have no responsibility?

I don't think that falls into hate speech.   It's much closer to the "Fire" in a crowded theater example of dangerous speech.   That's been out there as a crime since Schenk vs US in 1919.  Do we need to add more crimes?

Bump - I guess Schenk was overturned long ago. I didn't know that.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-using-the-fire-in-a-crowded-theater-quote/264449/

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2018-05-09, 20:49; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-09, 20:47

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

What about speech that incites violence or dehumanizes a group of people so that violence against them is less likely to be abhorrent? There is no line?

Again, if a prosecutor wants to try that under a "dangerous speech" prosecution, I say go for it - BUT the line has to be drawn toward allowing most speech.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-09, 20:47

Rocinante wrote:And no, I don’t think this person’s signs cross any lines. But the fact that she’s an elected official is pretty hilarious.

They're both idiots.

But idiocy is not a crime.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-05-14, 22:01

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/14/michigan-man-accused-incest-fathering-child-with-daughter.html

Evil or Very Mad
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by loogoldham 2018-05-18, 03:22

https://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/most-popular-sex-toys?utm_term=.cgw2DrOeX#.hwplXkK09

Most popular sex toys by state ....

dildo, dildo, dildo, etc. ....// ...

MI: Fleshlight ...

dildo, dildo, dildo ...
loogoldham
loogoldham
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-18, 07:13

loogoldham wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/most-popular-sex-toys?utm_term=.cgw2DrOeX#.hwplXkK09

dildo, dildo, dildo ...

You didn't scroll far enough to see Rhode Island and D.C., eh?

Oh, Michigan - Page 3 502811600

Also, TIL: I'm way out of touch about the state of the sex toy offerings.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by loogoldham 2018-05-20, 23:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:
loogoldham wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/most-popular-sex-toys?utm_term=.cgw2DrOeX#.hwplXkK09

dildo, dildo, dildo ...

You didn't scroll far enough to see Rhode Island and D.C., eh?

Oh, Michigan - Page 3 502811600

Also, TIL: I'm way out of touch about the state of the sex toy offerings.

what if those two states got together!!
loogoldham
loogoldham
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-25, 14:56

Some people just insist on dying.

https://on.freep.com/2IKrk4J
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-09, 20:32

"Pelvic Area"

Exam for woman accused of shooting man in pelvic area delayed for plea negotiations
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-22, 18:23

Impatient highway biker drives his motorcycle straight into wet concrete, flees the scene.
https://on.lsj.com/2BvGmbm
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-23, 07:32

Michigan cop who used stun gun on man holding child suspended for 30 days

An argument over a crock pot leads a cop to tase a man holding a baby. Well done, Westland.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-08, 17:34

Son fakes kidnapping to get drug money from parents

Oh, Michigan - Page 3 S1011110

FLINT, MI. — “It’s just one of those bizarre cases,” Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell said.

He explained a woman called his office in October saying her son had been kidnapped.

“She said my son is being held against his own will for ransom money and I believe he’s a drug dealer,” Sheriff Pickell explained to WJRT.

And, the woman told the Sheriff the last time she saw her son was 6 days prior. Within that time frame, Sheriff Pickell said someone called the woman asking for $1,000 to free her son and his vehicle. And, they called the son’s father asking for $500.

The Sheriff said the Mom sent the $1,000 through Meijer, where someone came and picked up the ransom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-13, 18:07

Wasn't sure if I should post here or the missing teeth thread.....

https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/man-pleas-after-standoff-with-police-in-july

Oh, Michigan - Page 3 3a050610
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-20, 08:38

Was driving out to the west side of the state to visit family and saw a billboard off the highway by Portland advertising an Asian massage parlor. So obvious what kind of place it was. Nothing discreet about it at all. Seems like the cops should shut that shit down.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-20, 08:42

steveschneider wrote:Was driving out to the west side of the state to visit family and saw a billboard off the highway by Portland advertising an Asian massage parlor. So obvious what kind of place it was. Nothing discreet about it at all. Seems like the cops should shut that shit down.

Why do you hate others enjoying being sexually satisfied?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-20, 08:54

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Was driving out to the west side of the state to visit family and saw a billboard off the highway by Portland advertising an Asian massage parlor. So obvious what kind of place it was. Nothing discreet about it at all. Seems like the cops should shut that shit down.

I was just stunned at the lack of discretion is all. It’s not normal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-20, 08:55

Don’t be a prude, Steve.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-20, 08:56

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I was just stunned at the lack of discretion is all. It’s not normal.

The need for discretion at all is a result of our repressive laws regarding sex.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next