Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+33
Bill Cain
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Cameron
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
TheReal_LWS
AvgMSUJoe
GirbaudJeans
Banks2Mason
goodbar
DWags
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
InTenSity
loogoldham
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Senior Dickfist
Dendrobates
37 posters

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-06-24, 11:20

OK this is cool.

https://earthengine.google.com/timelapse/

The sediment flowing into Superior off of the Pictured Rocks is pretty cool.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-24, 14:45

Dear Nike and all other t-shirt makers: You can’t call it a tagless shirt if all you did was move the tag from the back of the neck area to the side or bottom of the shirt, you lying sonsabitches.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-26, 14:56

"For an assignment, I asked some of my terminal paediatric palliative care patients what they had enjoyed in life, and what gave it meaning. Kids can be so wise, y'know. Here are some of the responses (Thread)."

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Ferrell_Crying
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-26, 20:53

Staying with my recent rant on t-shirts, toward the end of the basketball tournament, I bought an Izzone shirt online. Never gotten an Izzone shirt before. I love this one because it has Gruff Sparty (Mac) on the back. It looks great (side note to Nordic: This was the proper use of great), but the quality is the worst I’ve come across. It may be all cotton, but it’s the thinnest POS I’ve ever tried on. Damn near transparent, and ain’t nobody want to see my man nipples. It’s so thin that the silk-screen print scratches the skin, and ain’t nobody want to see my bloody man nipples. I’m bummed, because I was looking forward to masquerading as a 20-year-old Spartan who texts during basketball games. Random Ramblings - Page 15 1896033241
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-26, 22:14

Seems a little early but hearing a public fireworks show in the distance. Guessing it's Rochester Hills.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-26, 23:22

The Pantry wrote:Seems a little early but hearing a public fireworks show in the distance. Guessing it's Rochester Hills.

Borden Park. Luckily (sarcasm implied) the wife caught wind of it. We watched from Flynn. No crowds, easy in, easy out, only about 840 mosquito bites.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-06-27, 15:39

Cameron, I don’t even want to click it. I’m just sad enough reading what it’s about
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-06-27, 15:48

Dendrobates wrote:Cameron, I don’t even want to click it. I’m just sad enough reading what it’s about

Yeah, like we need that sort of depression now-a-days... Cameron is an asshole. (and I even voted for him with the whole Steve situation...sheesh)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-27, 15:54

Dendrobates wrote:Cameron, I don’t even want to click it. I’m just sad enough reading what it’s about

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Yeah, like we need that sort of depression now-a-days... Cameron is an asshole. (and I even voted for him with the whole [REDACTED] situation...sheesh)

I see where you guys are coming from, but it's more of a moving, uplifting eye watering than out-and-out sadness. I personally like to be reminded of the beauty the human spirit is capable of (when reading all the shitty news stories every day, a little perspective is nice), and this is pure goodness. But definitely sad to think about children reckoning with mortality, no debating that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-27, 19:57

There are very few really good ready-made spaghetti sauces available. It’s mostly just going with the best of a bunch of not very good ones.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-06-28, 10:31

tGreenWay wrote:There are very few really good ready-made spaghetti sauces available. It’s mostly just going with the best of a bunch of not very good ones.

That's why it's good to have a mother of Italian decent. When I visit, the sauce is already made.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-30, 08:22

Pharmaceutical TV advertising has pissed me off for years. Why are they allowed to sell to the general public when only a doctor can write a prescription?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-30, 09:12

Senior Dickfist wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:There are very few really good ready-made spaghetti sauces available. It’s mostly just going with the best of a bunch of not very good ones.

That's why it's good to have a mother of Italian decent. When I visit, the sauce is already made.
My in-laws were OTB Italian and owned a few restaurants in the metro Detroit area, including the recently reopened Como's (which they originally named). Learned from them. Not that difficult to make good red sauce. The knowledge has precluded me from ordering red sauce at restaurants because many fuck it up, usually by adding sugar.

Admit to sometimes buying sauces as a time saver. I can't help but alter them because none are very good out of the jar.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-30, 15:44

Senior Dickfist wrote:

When it came to authentic sauce, you and Pantry had it made, no pun intended. I also had a MiL straight OTB, but she rarely cooked. Most of the time she was busy helping her ailing husband and because of her advanced age too tired to prepare much. No complaints from me, though, because she was a fun and funny woman and I loved our time talking while waiting for meals at restaurants.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-30, 16:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

When it came to authentic sauce, you and Pantry had it made, no pun intended. I also had a MiL straight OTB, but she rarely cooked. Most of the time she was busy helping her ailing husband and because of her advanced age too tired to prepare much. No complaints from me, though, because she was a fun and funny woman and I loved our time talking while waiting for meals at restaurants.
How old were you when you got married?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-30, 17:14

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

How old were you when you got married?

Early thirties. Mrs. GW’s parents had her when they were older than most couples, and she was also the youngest.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2019-06-30, 21:39

I wonder if I'm destined to date women I don't care anything about because of comfortability. I've dated "hot" women according to "friends", but there was always something missing. Those women could have cheated on me, said hurtful things but it didn't hurt. They just didn't mean anything to me. It was like a battle between who could care less.

There are some women out there where I get a giddy feeling inside of me. But for whatever reason things just never panned out. Maybe love is just finding someone you feel comfortable with. But I don't want comfortable. I want passion and the thrill of a meaningful relationship.

All the girls I've ever dated has missed that essential piece.

I just really hope I don't end up marrying a girl that I just feel "comfortable" with. I want excitement at this point.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-06-30, 21:43

Bill Cain wrote:I wonder if I'm destined to date women I don't care anything about because of comfortability. I've dated "hot" women according to "friends", but there was always something missing. Those women could have cheated on me, said hurtful things but it didn't hurt. They just didn't mean anything to me. It was like a battle between who could care less.

There are some women out there where I get a giddy feeling inside of me. But for whatever reason things just never panned out. Maybe love is just finding someone you feel comfortable with. But I don't want comfortable. I want passion and the thrill of a meaningful relationship.

I just really hope I don't end up marrying a girl that I just feel "comfortable" with. I want excitement at this point.

I think you should just chop your penis off
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2019-06-30, 21:56

aualum06 wrote:
Bill Cain wrote:I wonder if I'm destined to date women I don't care anything about because of comfortability. I've dated "hot" women according to "friends", but there was always something missing. Those women could have cheated on me, said hurtful things but it didn't hurt. They just didn't mean anything to me. It was like a battle between who could care less.

I think you should just chop your penis off

I like him too much though
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-06-30, 21:57

The Pantry wrote:Pharmaceutical TV advertising has pissed me off for years. Why are they allowed to sell to the general public when only a doctor can write a prescription?

Agreed. It's like they're trying to convince you that you have what their advertising you have. Hey doc, I think I have [xxxxxx]. Well I'll be damned, you do! Here's a prescription for [xxxxxx].
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-06-30, 21:59

Everyone should marry twice. The first 20 years for fun. The next 20 for companionship.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-06-30, 22:05

Me too, Bill, me too.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-06-30, 22:42

A reference to an over 20 year old Ben Folds Five album. You’re slipping old man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-01, 01:28

Your inability to get and stay close to women with whom you’ve had a physical relationship suggests an early childhood psychological trauma. At what age did you learn your mom was a prostitute doing business at home?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-07-01, 23:56

I'm trying to trap a fucking raccoon. Fucker went into the trap twice and made it out with wings. Hoping the bologna does the trick.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-07-02, 00:16

InTenSity wrote:I'm trying to trap a fucking raccoon. Fucker went into the trap twice and made it out with wings. Hoping the bologna does the trick.
Don't the alligators down there take care of the pests?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-02, 00:29

InTenSity wrote:I'm trying to trap a fucking raccoon. Fucker went into the trap twice and made it out with wings. Hoping the bologna does the trick.

Let it finish fucking first.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-07-02, 00:30

Fly bait and coke.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-07-02, 06:41

Got him. Gators may take care of it when I drop him in the everglades.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-02, 07:08

I"m actually impressed by the way the guy could handle his boat here. Especially because he was obviously drunk.

Assault with a boat
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-02, 08:54

DWags wrote:I"m actually impressed by the way the guy could handle his boat here. Especially because he was obviously drunk.

Assault with a boat
Damn... Did they wake too close to his fishing spot? (Or just have a better boat then him, while he was drunk?)

Dickheads tend to not be courteous (on both sides) while on the water.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-07-02, 10:57

The Pantry wrote:Pharmaceutical TV advertising has pissed me off for years. Why are they allowed to sell to the general public when only a doctor can write a prescription?

This will make your blood boil a little more (like it does mine).

Pharma shells out $3B to doctors and hospitals—with Roche, Sanofi leading: CMS

So not only do they market direct to consumer, trying to convince we're all going to die without their miracle cure, they're also paying off doctors to help convince us. Wink
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-02, 11:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:

So not only do they market direct to consumer, trying to convince we're all going to die without their miracle cure, they're also paying off doctors to help convince us. Wink

BUT KAPERNICK STOPPED THE MERICA SHOES!!!
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-02, 13:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I have no medical training, but I would think if your blood is boiling, you might be dead or close to it.
On the bright side, you’ll have no more need for doctors or meds. Random Ramblings - Page 15 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-07-02, 13:59

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I have no medical training, but I would think if your blood is boiling, you might be dead or close to it.
On the bright side, you’ll have no more need for doctors or meds. Random Ramblings - Page 15 2599972566

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Metaph10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-07-02, 14:06

Cameron wrote:"For an assignment, I asked some of my terminal paediatric palliative care patients what they had enjoyed in life, and what gave it meaning. Kids can be so wise, y'know. Here are some of the responses (Thread)."

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Ferrell_Crying
thanks Cameron.
Tough read, but good thread.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-07-02, 15:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Pharmaceutical TV advertising has pissed me off for years.  Why are they allowed to sell to the general public when only a doctor can write a prescription?  

I'm starting to think that big pharma is also paying insurance companies or at the least contracts on a price per drug. I've had the formulary changed on three of the drugs I take, in two instances the total amount of each replacement drug is more than the drug the insurance company didn't want to pay for. Big pharma also kicks in on the copay so all three cost me next to nothing every month.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-07-02, 15:18

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm starting to think that big pharma is also paying insurance companies or at the least contracts on a price per drug. I've had the formulary changed on three of the drugs I take, in two instances the total amount of each replacement drug is more than the drug the insurance company didn't want to pay for. Big pharma also kicks in on the copay so all three cost me next to nothing every month.

And now for something completely different:

Drug prices in 2019 are surging, with hikes at 5 times inflation
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-07-02, 18:31

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Healthcare cost increases have been spiraling out of control at least the past 30 years. Carte Blanche for anyone in the medical field, including the insurers.

There are schools that train people for medical billing. Seriously?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-07-02, 21:37

Went for my first drive-by of the company's new building yesterday. Structure is up and windows in place. About 190K sq-ft of combined shop and office space. Pretty large building.

First impression, the new-ish company owners chose the cheapest piece of land in the largest Sterling Heights development since Lakeside Mall.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next