Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - The Political Side

+28
TrapperGus
Green money
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Motown Spartan
Dendrobates
msugolfguy
I.B. Fine
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
DWags
MattyFresh
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
32 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-02, 11:45

With the amount of spittle flying at Joe Biden during the debate, I’m worried.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-02, 11:53

If he's faking it, he has to know that fact will get leaked like everything else. It would be hard to keep that a secret in the WH.

That doesn't mean he's not faking it, but if he is, I suspect we will find out before the election.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-02, 11:57

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 11 502811600 This guy threw a dart.

[ig]CF2MCEZs75a[/ig]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-02, 12:01

Rocinante wrote:With the amount of spittle flying at Joe Biden during the debate, I’m worried.

If there is another "debate" along with cutting the mic to deter interruptions and fact checking, the Biden campaign should demand 20' between the podiums with a 10' x 10' sheet of plexiglass between them.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-02, 12:27

Biden test negative.

Not so much luck for Sen. Mike Lee.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-02, 12:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:Biden test negative.

he's on the judiciary committee too - gotta wonder how/if that will impact the knucle-draggers pushing through their misogynistic religious extremist to SCOTUS.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-02, 12:54

[tw]1312068942157025280[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Watch Out Pylon! likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-02, 12:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Biden test negative.

he's on the judiciary committee too - gotta wonder how/if that will impact the knucle-draggers pushing through their misogynistic religious extremist to SCOTUS.

It might have been speculation, but I thought I heard this morning that Coney Barrett and several members of the Republican leadership in the senate would have to quarantine. I'm sure the hearings can be done remotely for the members, but not sure about the nominee. I don't remember where the Senate ended up with the discussions about remote voting earlier in the pandemic, but that could be a potential issue if they can't do that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-02, 13:09

Does John Cammo lurk The Swill Bin?

I posted same “hot take” @ 9:22am.

Maybe I need a twitter account Wink
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-02, 13:09

Is the ultimate display hypocrisy it wouldn’t surprise me if they try to ram through her confirmation then petition the Supreme Court to delay the election.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-02, 13:18

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It might have been speculation, but I thought I heard this morning that Coney Barrett and several members of the Republican leadership in the senate would have to quarantine. I'm sure the hearings can be done remotely for the members, but not sure about the nominee. I don't remember where the Senate ended up with the discussions about remote voting earlier in the pandemic, but that could be a potential issue if they can't do that.
the whole thing is a clusterfuck.

and the worst part is that none of it had to be like this.. hundreds of thousands dead, the economy in shambles, people unable to pay bills, people losing their houses, kids not in school, unable to socialize, be with their friends, learn... sports.. orchestra, band, clubs..

the entire American society has been driven off a cliff becuse a bunch of racists wanted another racist to run America the way they ran their failed businesses.

well, congrats.. it worked.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-02, 13:44

GRR Spartan wrote:Does John Cammo lurk The Swill Bin?

His tweet was from 9/12/2020, today is 10/2/2020. Maybe you were following him. J/K, but wanted to point out the time stamp.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-02, 14:07

Chris Wallace...I don’t think he cares much for Trump after the debates and I think he’s moving up the list for people the deplorables despise. I thought he was a Fox lifer but wouldn’t be surprised if he pulls a Shep Smith and gets the hell out of there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-02, 14:31

Two members of the White House press corps -- not White House staff - journalists who cover the White House -- have also tested positive.

the collective incompetence at the White House is literally putting people's lives in peril.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-02, 14:55

Additional thoughts, he knew how dangerous Covid was back in February. 'this is deadly stuff'

What was the point of misleading, politicizing and lying about it's danger? If he had taken it more seriously he could have saved 1000's of Americans lives, protected his own staff, family and so many more.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-02, 14:57

InTenSity wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Does John Cammo lurk The Swill Bin?

His tweet was from 9/12/2020, today is 10/2/2020. Maybe you were following him. J/K, but wanted to point out the time stamp.

My bad.  I didn't know he existed but he's a cynic regarding everything Trump does as several are on this board including myself.

The more strange stuff goes on I'm beginning to feel we should be hearing reports from Agents Mulder and Scully because The truth is out there.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-02, 14:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Two members of the White House press corps -- not White House staff - journalists who cover the White House -- have also tested positive.

the collective incompetence at the White House is literally putting people's lives in peril.

It’s already cost lives all around the country.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-02, 15:04

kingstonlake wrote:Is the ultimate display hypocrisy it wouldn’t surprise me if they try to ram through her confirmation then petition the Supreme Court to delay the election.

IIRC, only Congress has the constitutional authority to change the election date. The federal law says the date is always the first Tuesday after the first Monday in Nov. Congress would have to change that. However, in times of extreme emergency, Congress can also allow the president to change the date.

tl:dr Only Congress can move the election cuz there’s no way they’re voting to let Trump move it, and Congress ain’t moving it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-10-02, 15:07

steveschneider wrote:Additional thoughts, he knew how dangerous Covid was back in February. 'this is deadly stuff'

What was the point of misleading, politicizing and lying about it's danger? If he had taken it more seriously he could have saved 1000's of Americans lives, protected his own staff, family and so many more.

He's already claimed to have saved millions of lives with the crappy job he's doing.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-10-02, 15:12

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Is the ultimate display hypocrisy it wouldn’t surprise me if they try to ram through her confirmation then petition the Supreme Court to delay the election.

IIRC, only Congress has the constitutional authority to change the election date. The federal law says the date is always the first Tuesday after the first Monday in Nov. Congress would have to change that. However, in times of extreme emergency, Congress can also allow the president to change the date.

tl:dr Only Congress can move the election cuz there’s no way they’re voting to let Trump move it, and Congress ain’t moving it.

It takes a constitutional amendment to change the inauguration date so any vote would have to precede that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-02, 15:16

Jake from State Farm wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Additional thoughts, he knew how dangerous Covid was back in February. 'this is deadly stuff'

He's already claimed to have saved millions of lives with the crappy job he's doing.

True he says that but does little about it. I’d argue he wants it to be bad. Is chaos the goal? Or is it because it mostly impacted blue states at first?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-02, 15:20

Not twits from Trump in 14 hours. He gone?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-02, 15:50

Putin wishes the stupid fucking pathetic bag of disgusting christian filth and his equally disgusting racist wife well..

Vladimir Putin wishes Donald and Melania Trump “a speedy recovery,” adding “I am sure your inherent vitality, spirit and optimism will help you cope with the dangerous virus”

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-02, 15:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Not twits from Trump in 14 hours. He gone?
one can hope, but I doubt it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-02, 15:57

But seriously, if he dies a huge number of people will believe he's living on that island with Tupac & Biggie.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-02, 16:23

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:But seriously, if he dies a huge number of people will believe he's living on that island with Tupac & Biggie.

Something tells me he wouldn't last long with that duo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-02, 16:33

Don't worry about that, only Congress and the states can move an election date. The Supreme Court has no authority in that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-02, 17:12

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Don't worry about that, only Congress and the states can move an election date. The Supreme Court has no authority in that.

That's good to know. Vote!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-02, 17:18

Trump headed to Walter Reed for the "I am a warrior and defeated Covid dog and pony show"
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-02, 17:23

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Not twits from Trump in 14 hours. He gone?

I don't think he personally tweeted that one either when he announced he had it. Primarily because he called it "COVID-19", not the China Virus. Been a long time since he did that.

It isn't like he's been out on the golf course or campaigning or in meetings. If he really only had "minor symptoms" he would have nothing to do but watch TV and tweet. But who knows, maybe he is just fatigued and sleeping off and/or working phones to world leaders.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-02, 17:24

BBC News - Trump taken to hospital after testing positive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54396670
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-02, 17:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:BBC News - Trump taken to hospital after testing positive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54396670

Marine 1 on the ground. Whitehouse photographer was seen taking pictures. This is where I remind everyone he's the "optics, image, and rstings" president. I'm.not buying this is serious. If it were.you wouldn't see the grand parade with a photographer, on his way to battle the China Flu. If he were sick this would be under very tight security, covert, and you wouldn't see it. Even his morons know you don't publicly show weakness to the world or adversaries.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-02, 17:46

Is this the most serious medical situation for a sitting president since Reagan got shot? Stay tuned for more smoke and mirrors.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-02, 17:48

Who knows. He is obese, over 70 and has a terrible diet. He's also got access to the best medical care in the world. Time will tell but I have a feeling he's going to be laid out for a while.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-02, 17:54

I call bullshit. All kinds of reporters and photographers there. It's 6pm on a Friday. Primetime. Biden gave a good speech in Grand Rapids wishing him well, looking presidential. Suck the air out of the room. Seize the moment and ratings. The ratings president. "I beat the china Flu! They tried to kill your president and I beat them. I defeated the Covid. I've been through the most serious medical situation in the biggest of all historical moments! Unprecedented! All in your living room on Friday night made for TV reality extravaganza.....and of course the media is getting completely sucked in.

At least put someone on TV to remind people of this clowns attention crave.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-02, 18:01

I hope he recovers so he can witness a Joe Biden landslide victory. He’s still a horrible president and he’s got to go.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-02, 18:21

kingstonlake wrote:I call bullshit. All kinds of reporters and photographers there. It's 6pm on a Friday. Primetime. Biden gave a good speech in Grand Rapids wishing him well, looking presidential. Suck the air out of the room. Seize the moment and ratings. The ratings president. "I beat the china Flu! They tried to kill your president and I beat them. I defeated the Covid. I've been through the most serious medical situation in the biggest of all historical moments! Unprecedented! All in your living room on Friday night made for TV reality extravaganza.....and of course the media is getting completely sucked in.

Someone tell kingston that Bob hacked his Swill account.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-02, 18:23

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is this the most serious medical situation for a sitting president since Reagan got shot? Stay tuned for more smoke and mirrors.

Yes, a lot were saying this even this morning when it was just announced that he had it. Obviously it is getting closer to that now as the seriousness picked up a couple of notches.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-02, 18:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I call bullshit. All kinds of reporters and photographers there. It's 6pm on a Friday. Primetime. Biden gave a good speech in Grand Rapids wishing him well, looking presidential. Suck the air out of the room. Seize the moment and ratings. The ratings president. "I beat the china Flu! They tried to kill your president and I beat them. I defeated the Covid. I've been through the most serious medical situation in the biggest of all historical moments! Unprecedented! All in your living room on Friday night made for TV reality extravaganza.....and of course the media is getting completely sucked in.

Someone tell kingston that Bob hacked his Swill account.

Lol. I hear ya. It just smells contrived. Marine 1 escorted all over the TV for you to see.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-10-02, 18:25

Michigan's Republican controlled Supreme Court just took away Governor Whitmer's emergency powers under the Emergency Powers of the Governor Act of 1945. Now everything has to be approved by the Republican controlled legislature. I predict Michigan is now going to be rivaling Florida and other Republican controlled states in coronavirus cases in the near future.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Rocinante like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next