Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+33
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
J T
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
amiahtfrazier
Travis of the Cosmos
Bert Savoy
Heat Miser
MrMojoRisin
Dendrobates
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
SawGreen
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
37 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 24 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2024-03-15, 22:50

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Every season was great.

Eh. It could have been three seasons shorter. It was nice and nostalgic watching city primeval though. Timothy Olyphantt’s daughter is a bad actor.

City Primeval didn't do it for me. It was better than Dexter: New Blood, but each of those would qualify for me as the worst season of its series. I enjoyed the one-off movie-length reboots of Breaking Bad and Deadwood much more than those full-season reboots. But maybe that's because the bar is lower for one episode than for an entire season.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 24 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-15, 23:31

Good lord, we have a Roc sighting! Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 24 1550444538
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-17, 04:16

Finished Masters of the Air. Very interesting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-24, 20:25

Will be wrapping up season 1 of Peaky Blinders tonight. Holy hell is this an excellent show. (Netflix)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-24, 20:31

tGreenWay wrote:Will be wrapping up season 1 of Peaky Blinders tonight. Holy hell is this an excellent show. (Netflix)
And you dont have to wait between seasons... Yeah, pretty great show.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-24, 20:45

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Will be wrapping up season 1 of Peaky Blinders tonight. Holy hell is this an excellent show. (Netflix)

There’s going to be a movie now that’s just getting underway. I’m not reading anything about it because I don’t want any spoilers from the series.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-03-24, 21:15

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I've tried it. I think twice. For whatever reason I didn't get it. I gotta try it again.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-03-24, 22:25

Speaking of Netflix. Someone hacked my account this morning and added themselves as a user. Netflix gladly accepted the $7.99. But they did alert me, which was nice.

I don't think they wanted to watch Princess Diaries. I think they were password testing. I've been getting warnings on my shit being on the dark web and this was an old pw that I'm not really concerned about. I changed all my important stuff recently.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-25, 04:16

Nordic wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I've tried it. I think twice. For whatever reason I didn't get it. I gotta try it again.

It’s just not Scandinavian enough for you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 05:42

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

My wife loved it, with this caveat. She said watch the first or second episode one or two times to get used to the language. I said, isn’t it in English, she said yes, but trust me, you’re gonna have to get used to the language.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2024-03-25, 06:35

I tried to start it a few weeks ago and Netflix won't let me watch it because I have the ad supported version of Netflix (it's free through my T-mobile plan, so it makes it hard to start paying extra when I don't watch it a ton).

But what kind of fuckery is this from Netflix, to be restricting certain shows based on the level of subscription?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-25, 07:56

Didnt know that was a thing. Bad enough they change content based on country.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-03-25, 11:29

3 Body Problem is pretty good on Netflix. Sci-fi the aliens are coming. I'm up to episode 4.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-25, 14:59

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

My wife loved it, with this caveat. She said watch the first or second episode one or two times to get used to the language.   I said, isn’t it in English, she said yes, but trust me, you’re gonna have to get used to the language.

It’s always been difficult for me to pick up the heaviest English/Irish/Scottish accents. Mrs. DWAgs is right that it becomes a little easier with time, but I long ago accepted that I was going to miss a percentage of the dialogue. It’s still easy enough to follow along with the storyline, though, despite missing some of the nuances.

Edited to add: It’s funny to me that when I’ve watched a lot of UK tv/films, my inner voice starts to take on an accent, too. Weird side effect, I guess.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2024-03-25, 15:03; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-25, 15:01

Been watching the first few episodes of The Regime. Mrs. GW likes it but I’m having a difficult time getting into it. I’ll give it another couple of episodes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-25, 15:05

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

My wife loved it, with this caveat. She said watch the first or second episode one or two times to get used to the language.   I said, isn’t it in English, she said yes, but trust me, you’re gonna have to get used to the language.

It’s always been difficult for me to pick up the heaviest English/Irish/Scottish accents. Mrs. DWAgs is right that it becomes a little easier with time, but I long ago accepted that I was going to miss a percentage of the dialogue. It’s still easy enough to follow along with the storyline, though, despite missing some of the nuances.

Between crappy sound mixing everywhere and watching more content with accents, I went 100% cc/subtitles everywhere years ago. The only downside it that when the dialogue switches midstream from English to Spanish/Russian/Japanese the subtitles stop working lol.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-25, 15:11

That’s a good idea, Floyd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-03-25, 15:25

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I tried to start it a few weeks ago and Netflix won't let me watch it because I have the ad supported version of Netflix (it's free through my T-mobile plan, so it makes it hard to start paying extra when I don't watch it a ton).

But what kind of fuckery is this from Netflix, to be restricting certain shows based on the level of subscription?  
Netflix is kinda shitty like that. I cancelled my Netflix subscription because they intentionally nerfed Chromecast compatibility, at least for the ad supported tier. I don't like giving my money to greedy scumbags. Occasionally they'll have an exclusive that might bring me back for a month or two, but I'm not just letting it roll anymore.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-25, 17:44

Monsieur Spade (6 episodes on Amazon) with Clive Owen playing Sam Spade. Spade is in retirement in the South of France . Set in 1963, a year after Algeria got independence from France after a long Civil war.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 17:52

tGreenWay wrote:That’s a good idea, Floyd.

Here’s why you guys got better grades than I did in college. You’d like to read more than I do I’ll go into the bedroom and my wife will be watching something from Japan in subtitles I don’t get it. Do you watch the movie and read the subtitles?? I prefer to watch a movie and listen to the actors speak

I’ve never been able to read that fast. Where I can read and watch and read, and then watch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-25, 17:58

DWags wrote:

Here’s why you guys got better grades than I did in college. You’d like to read more than I do   I’ll go into the bedroom and my wife will be watching something from Japan in subtitles  I don’t get it.  Do you watch the movie and read the subtitles??  I prefer to watch a movie and listen to the actors speak  

I’ve never been able to read that fast.  Where I can read and watch and read, and then watch.  

One eye on the movie while the other reads.
Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 24 NINTCHDBPICT000452652897
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay, DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2024-03-26, 03:42

Jake from State Farm wrote:3 Body Problem is pretty good on Netflix. Sci-fi the aliens are coming. I'm up to episode 4.
I plan on watching soon.

For those not aware, it's from the Game Of Thrones showrunners, Weiss and Benihoff. Whether that makes someone want to watch it more or less, I don't know.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2024-03-26, 03:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Between crappy sound mixing everywhere and watching more content with accents, I went 100% cc/subtitles everywhere years ago. The only downside it that when the dialogue switches midstream from English to Spanish/Russian/Japanese the subtitles stop working lol.
We started using subtitles on everything when my daughter was a baby, and then got used to it. I still mostly don't read it, but it's there if I don't catch something or someone isn't clear.

Aren't other languages usually translated with subtitles, too? Or maybe that's a setting. I guess that can also depend because sometimes directors don't put subtitles for foreign languages intentionally if their intent is for the viewer to not known what is being said.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-26, 05:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

We started using subtitles on everything when my daughter was a baby, and then got used to it.  I still mostly don't read it, but it's there if I don't catch something or someone isn't clear.

Aren't other languages usually translated with subtitles, too?  Or maybe that's a setting.  I guess that can also depend because sometimes directors don't put subtitles for foreign languages intentionally if their intent is for the viewer to not known what is being said.

I've seen too many cases where cc in English doesn't translate when the on screen language changes for it to be a coincidence. The cc just goes dark. It's a design flaw.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-26, 15:17

DWags wrote:

Here’s why you guys got better grades than I did in college. You’d like to read more than I do   I’ll go into the bedroom and my wife will be watching something from Japan in subtitles  I don’t get it.  Do you watch the movie and read the subtitles??  I prefer to watch a movie and listen to the actors speak  

I’ve never been able to read that fast.  Where I can read and watch and read, and then watch.  

I can’t fall asleep listening to anyone speaking an Asian language. I’ll have nightmares about my three tours in ‘Nam.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-26, 15:33

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

I can’t fall asleep listening to anyone speaking an Asian language. I’ll have nightmares about my three tours in ‘Nam.

Sounds like PTSD. The VA will provide treatment for that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-26, 15:42

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Sounds like PTSD. The VA will provide treatment for that.

I’ve applied several times with no success. I finally got a call back from some bean counter who yelled at me that the VA doesn’t cover mental health issues for people who had traumatic vacation tours in Vietnam. He also pointed out I never served in the military and that I should stop calling.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-27, 10:27

I just saw "Poor things" on the banner on Disney+... It's a freaking softcore porn movie. What the hell?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2024-03-27, 19:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I just saw "Poor things" on the banner on Disney+... It's a freaking softcore porn movie. What the hell?
It's on Hulu, but they've been kind if merging Disney+ and Hulu into the same interface, I believe, for those that subscribe to both. I don't know if that's why you saw that, but maybe.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-27, 20:24

Probably, but I'd be leary of letting little ones pick their own movies from now on.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-28, 14:25

The film fans who refuse to surrender to streaming: ‘One day you’ll barter bread for our DVDs’

We all know these people are out there. Hell, I use the library to supplement streaming. It reminds me of going to Blockbuster.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-28, 15:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:The film fans who refuse to surrender to streaming: ‘One day you’ll barter bread for our DVDs’

We all know these people are out there. Hell, I use the library to supplement streaming. It reminds me of going to Blockbuster.

There are always nuts clinging onto ancient technology. Ala the LP record craze. I still have tapes and cds somewhere. Just haven't tossed them yet.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-30, 21:04

Re watching with tWife... I forgot, The music is excellent on the show.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-31, 02:07

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Re watching with tWife... I forgot, The music is excellent on the show.

Very much so. I keep making mental notes to look up the music for certain episodes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-01, 17:59

Just finished Masters of Air... These fucking shows kill me.
I may need a testosterone shot or something because now i couldn't imagine not being a complete wreck constantly.

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on 2024-04-01, 20:37; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2024-04-01, 19:37

Have I mentioned resident alien? There are some hilarious moments, overall a good show that got saved by getting picked up by Netflix.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-04-03, 07:52

I'm into the 3rd episode of Turning Point: The Bomb and the Cold War and it's a pretty good documentary.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-05, 22:36

Wife and I bought “the dry” for 16 bucks. Australian movie who done it that jumps from a death within a group of teens to said teens in their 40’s. Jumps back and forth with some land grab intrigue in between.

Keeps you guessing till the end. I’d recommend

I guess my wife had picked it out for her book club. She enjoyed the book.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-04-06, 04:45

DWags wrote:Wife and I bought “the dry” for 16 bucks. Australian movie who done it that jumps from a death within a group of teens to said teens in their 40’s. Jumps back and forth with some land grab intrigue in between.

You lost me at $16. As in, bought the physical media?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-04-06, 07:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:Wife and I bought “the dry” for 16 bucks. Australian movie who done it that jumps from a death within a group of teens to said teens in their 40’s. Jumps back and forth with some land grab intrigue in between.

You lost me at $16. As in, bought the physical media?

You can buy movies on Amazon an have access to it forever as long as you have an account, even a free account.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next