Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+33
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
J T
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
amiahtfrazier
Travis of the Cosmos
Bert Savoy
Heat Miser
MrMojoRisin
Dendrobates
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
SawGreen
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
37 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 13 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:50 pm

Miami, I know you’re into espionage stories, and I found one I’m only two episodes into called The Ipcress File. No idea if it’s a miniseries or multi-season show. I like it.

Writeup from IMDB:

As the Cold War rages, ex-smuggler turned reluctant spy Harry Palmer finds himself at the centre of a dangerous undercover mission, on which he must use his links to find a missing British nuclear scientist.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 13 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Rocinante Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:03 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Fair. Some of the ones I like the most don’t sound like they’re from wrexham though. Clearly I’m a scholar of uk dialects.

A few years ago, someone — I think it was Craig Ferguson — said there’s a place somewhere in Scotland where everyone talks like pirates. It’s just their natural accent. Can’t decide if I’d be amused or annoyed by that if I ever visited. Probably both.

His late night show was so good. Best interviewer, best sketches.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:54 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Miami, I know you’re into espionage stories, and I found one I’m only two episodes into called The Ipcress File. No idea if it’s a miniseries or multi-season show. I like it.

Writeup from IMDB:

As the Cold War rages, ex-smuggler turned reluctant spy Harry Palmer finds himself at the centre of a dangerous undercover mission, on which he must use his links to find a missing British nuclear scientist.
That's on AMC+ or Sundance Now or something, right? I've heard of it, but I don't regularly subscribe, so it is one of those things that I want to watch next time I sign up for a month. One of those networks has a show called Shadow Lines, that is a Finnish spy series, which I've heard really good things about. And a French series, The Bureau, is on AMC+, which I've seen highly recommended by a lot of real life spooks.

One of my current favorites in this genre is Tehran, which I know a couple of people here have mentioned. On Apple TV, it is an Israeli series that is about 1/3 in Hebrew, 1/3 in Farsi, and 1/3 in English. Maybe not huge in building character depth, but it' fast paced and keeps me on the edge of my seat. Iranian spies supposedly are suspected as being around the set and the Mossad confirmed that one or two of them actually auditioned for roles.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:38 pm

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

A few years ago, someone — I think it was Craig Ferguson — said there’s a place somewhere in Scotland where everyone talks like pirates. It’s just their natural accent. Can’t decide if I’d be amused or annoyed by that if I ever visited. Probably both.

His late night show was so good. Best interviewer, best sketches.

Yep. He’s very underrated in his multiple talents. Wish I could’ve seen him in Detroit earlier this month.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:42 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Miami, I know you’re into espionage stories, and I found one I’m only two episodes into called The Ipcress File. No idea if it’s a miniseries or multi-season show. I like it.

Writeup from IMDB:

That's on AMC+ or Sundance Now or something, right? I've heard of it, but I don't regularly subscribe, so it is one of those things that I want to watch next time I sign up for a month. One of those networks has a show called Shadow Lines, that is a Finnish spy series, which I've heard really good things about. And a French series, The Bureau, is on AMC+, which I've seen highly recommended by a lot of real life spooks.

One of my current favorites in this genre is Tehran, which I know a couple of people here have mentioned. On Apple TV, it is an Israeli series that is about 1/3 in Hebrew, 1/3 in Farsi, and 1/3 in English. Maybe not huge in building character depth, but it' fast paced and keeps me on the edge of my seat. Iranian spies supposedly are suspected as being around the set and the Mossad confirmed that one or two of them actually auditioned for roles.

Yes, it’s on amc+. Thanks for the rekkies—I’ll take a look. As for Tehran, I’m planning to watch soon. We did watch the first one or two of the series and liked it, but got distracted by the many other series that have come out post-pandemic.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:10 pm

Anybody else here watching Andor on Disney+?

I have watched 4/5 episodes so far and this thing is pretty damned awesome. Right up there with Rogue One as the best Star Wars has to offer.

My only complaint is Disney doing a weekly episode release after dropping the first three episodes at once. Fuckers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:40 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Anybody else here watching Andor on Disney+?

I have watched 4/5 episodes so far and this thing is pretty damned awesome. Right up there with Rogue One as the best Star Wars has to offer.

My only complaint is Disney doing a weekly episode release after dropping the first three episodes at once. Fuckers.

I've been waiting until they're all out, then I'll binge them in a weekend.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:05 pm

Very good. Has a very different feel than some of the others they've done. More refined, slower pace, etc. The production on these just seems to get better and better.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Disney+ might be the only subscriber channel Mrs. GreenWay hasn’t signed us up for. Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 13 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:55 pm

I've been waiting until all episodes are available. So, cool... good reviews are hard to find.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:12 pm

Wife is dragging me down the Netflix Dahmer road.  Ug, gross, not enjoying. But she likes it. Or maybe since we are like 5 into it is invested enough to keep going.  I don't know... whatever... but no redeeming stuff in it yet.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:05 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Wife is dragging me down the Netflix Dahmer road.  Ug, gross, not enjoying. But she likes it. Or maybe since we are like 5 into it is invested enough to keep going.  I don't know... whatever... but no redeeming stuff in it yet.

Yeah, I did the first episode. Seems well dine, but I'm gonna pass.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:58 pm

Just started white lotus. I’m liking it so far.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:19 am

Netflix - The Imperfects. This show is not going to win any awards, it is another take on hero/anti-hero's, I dunno. It is entertaining enough to watch the 10 episodes, which are all about 45 min. Are there some cheesy parts, hell ya, but overall, I'm hoping for a S2.
HBO - Industry S2. I think it finished a few months ago and probably came out last fall, or something I'm not sure. I had forgotten what it was until I stumbled across it again. I give it a thumbs up, not that it really matters what I think. Probably close to being nominated for some awards, but I'm not sure if it has been. Lots of gratuitous nudity and sex, pretty much in every episode and even in S2. If you like Succession, I think you would like Industry.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:55 am

Nordic wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Wife is dragging me down the Netflix Dahmer road.  Ug, gross, not enjoying. But she likes it. Or maybe since we are like 5 into it is invested enough to keep going.  I don't know... whatever... but no redeeming stuff in it yet.

Yeah, I did the first episode. Seems well dine, but I'm gonna pass.

Seems like an appropriate typo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:01 am

A friend of mine says grisly true crime stories get her privates stirring. You should see if that’s true for Mrs. Joe.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:42 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

A friend of mine says grisly true crime stories get her privates stirring. You should see if that’s true for Mrs. Joe.
Is your friend Elvira Mistress of the Dark? Cause that's a little weird.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:58 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Is your friend Elvira Mistress of the Dark? Cause that's a little weird.

I think so, too, but she swears she’s not alone. There’s definitely something that registers with women regarding true crime, whether or not it gets their motors running, and all you need to do is look at the explosion of true crime podcasts being offered.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:11 pm

Just talked with my friend from Arkansas.  His dad and my dad were crewmates flying B-17s late '44, early '45.  Friend is now president of the board of the 100th Bomb Group Foundation, aka "The Bloody Hundredth".

As a major historian (few, if any, have cronicled it better in writing and artifacts) of the airwar in Europe, he's going on the trip of a lifetime in a couple weeks.  11 days in the UK doing the first tour of air bases and other significant WW2 sites that will be featured in the upcoming (Spring/Summer 2023) Apple TV+ 9-10 part miniseries Masters of the Air, produced by Spielburg and Hanks.  Wiki lists the series budget at $200-250M.  Friend says it will be more like $400M.  All pretty much no-name actors, but could be the greatest movie/miniseries ever made.  They're shooting for authenticity.

The pre-tour he's going on will eventually be made available to the public, permanently.  Talking with him, he's geeked!  Will get to tour Thorpe Abbotts, the airfield our dads' flew out of.  Said if he gets the chance he going to sit in the chair Churchill sat in in the planning bunker for the Normandy invasion.

Said he'll send pics as the tour progresses.  

I gotta get all the streaming stuff figured before this series comes out.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:22 pm

Finished S1 & S2 of Barry. Highly entertaining.

How is S3? First episode had a different feel.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:37 pm

The Pantry wrote:Just talked with my friend from Arkansas.  His dad and my dad were crewmates flying B-17s late '44, early '45.  Friend is now president of the board of the 100th Bomb Group Foundation, aka "The Bloody Hundredth".

As a major historian (few, if any, have cronicled it better in writing and artifacts) of the airwar in Europe, he's going on the trip of a lifetime in a couple weeks.  11 days in the UK doing the first tour of air bases and other significant WW2 sites that will be featured in the upcoming (Spring/Summer 2023) Apple TV+ 9-10 part miniseries Masters of the Air, produced by Spielburg and Hanks.  Wiki lists the series budget at $200-250M.  Friend says it will be more like $400M.  All pretty much no-name actors, but could be the greatest movie/miniseries ever made.  They're shooting for authenticity.

The pre-tour he's going on will eventually be made available to the public, permanently.  Talking with him, he's geeked!  Will get to tour Thorpe Abbotts, the airfield our dads' flew out of.  Said if he gets the chance he going to sit in the chair Churchill sat in in the planning bunker for the Normandy invasion.

Said he'll send pics as the tour progresses.  

I gotta get all the streaming stuff figured before this series comes out.

Band of Brothers and The Pacific had mostly no name actors at the time, so I'm really happy that they're sticking with the formula.

I suppose Donnie Wahlberg and David Schwimmer were big names, but from things so unrelated to action/drama series (especially Wahlberg from a fucking boy band!), that their names alone would make you wonder if BoB was a serious production. I never thought I would be a fan of a New Kid, but he was one of my favorite characters.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:20 pm

Nordic wrote:Finished S1 & S2 of Barry. Highly entertaining.

It gets pretty dark man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:23 pm

Mo on Netflix.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:28 pm

Suspicion on Apple TV+. An 8 episode miniseries. Just started watching. Seems like it’s going to be interesting.

Suspicion

Five ordinary Brits are accused of kidnapping the son of a prominent U.S. media mogul. They embark on a desperate race against time to prove their innocence, but will anyone believe them - and are they telling the truth?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:45 pm

Rocinante wrote:

It gets pretty dark man.

Thanks for confirming my initial impression.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 13 Giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ab7083f72a5d2baaa2259043ba5d97ae179dfb55&rid=giphy
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:45 am

Rocinante wrote:

It gets pretty dark man.

If season 3 is just Barry moping all the time then I’m going to kill somebody. Maybe I can get paid for it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:58 am

NoHo hank is the best character anyway.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:33 pm

Finally finished Daredevil. Season 3 was great except the last episode felt like they knew it was over and the writers just kind of phoned it in. Nice to see deadshot. At least I think that dude was supposed to be deadshot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:30 pm

Barry season 3 seems to have lost a lot of the magic of the first two seasons. I’ll power through, in hopes it gets better. Some series just do a fast fade after awhile and this might be the case here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:46 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Barry season 3 seems to have lost a lot of the magic of the first two seasons. I’ll power through, in hopes it gets better. Some series just do a fast fade after awhile and this might be the case here.

I think it’s good TV. It just feels like not much of a comedy anymore. I said previously that this wood be a good place to end it but I read that they’re working on the next season.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:08 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:NoHo hank is the best character anyway.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 13 Noho-hank-barry
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:18 pm

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Barry season 3 seems to have lost a lot of the magic of the first two seasons. I’ll power through, in hopes it gets better. Some series just do a fast fade after awhile and this might be the case here.

I think it’s good TV. It just feels like not much of a comedy anymore. I said previously that this wood be a good place to end it but I read that they’re working on the next season.

Yeah, I agree it’s still interesting. If it weren’t, I’d’ve thrown in the towel. Maybe season 4 will regain some of the magic, or maybe the creators are just going for a money grab. We’ll see.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:18 pm

Anyone see The Watcher?  I should finish it tonight.  Very well done so far. 
Key and Peele is also on Netflix.  Holds up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:42 pm

Wu Tang on Hulu currently
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:31 pm

Paper Girls on prime... 80s, pre teens, sci-fi... you seen this before right? No. This is a ton better than Stranger Things. (Swearing, so no little kids)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:54 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Paper Girls on prime... 80s, pre teens, sci-fi... you seen this before right? No. This is a ton better than Stranger Things. (Swearing, so no little kids)
What do you mean by,  swearing,  so no little kids. 
I'll check it out though. 
The Watcher... wtf,  so fucking weird.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:00 am

InTenSity wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Paper Girls on prime... 80s, pre teens, sci-fi... you seen this before right? No. This is a ton better than Stranger Things. (Swearing, so no little kids)
It's 16+, so they drop Fbombs, etc. It would be OK for probably public school 12+ year olds.

And the Watcher... yeah, the ending wasn't satisfying. The show was intriguing though.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:29 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
It's 16+, so they drop Fbombs, etc. It would be OK for probably public school 12+ year olds.

And the Watcher... yeah, the ending wasn't satisfying. The show was intriguing though.
I thought there were a few F Bombs in ST, maybe not, but there was definitely swearing in it. My daughter has probably now rewatched it about 20 times, this weekend I'm taking her to the Stranger Things store that popped up near us.

I think the ending to the Watcher was left the way it is because....
Watcher Ending Spoiler:
Anyway, I think it is just a 1 season series, right?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:58 pm

I just finished Rings of Power. I'm not a fanboy, and its been quite a few years since I've watched the LOTR trilogy, but I liked the show. I know there were some people upset, maybe about some of hte characters being POC, but its a show about a fantasy world. I didn't read the books, I don't know anything about the Samilirion or whatever it is called, other than it exists. The scenery, for the most part was great. I like the story, for the most part, although there was one part about it I did remember and not quite sure what they are doing with that part. Any way introductory season, I think its set for 5 seasons and we'll see where it goes.

Pepsi, Where's my Jet? Netflix documentary. After seeing some of the commercials, I remember them, but don't remember this for whatever reason. It is 4 parts, around 40 min each episode. If you like 90's nostalgia, I think you would like it. Pretty interesting and quick to watch.

Drink Masters. Competition show about drinks. I thought it got better as the season moved along. Some of the drinks that were made look amazing and I'll never have one, but it is fun to watch. I hope there is a 2nd season.

Coming out soon - Alice in Borderlands S2! Can't wait, I should probably rewatch S1 to remember everything, although I think its fairly basic in the first season.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:46 pm

The Lincoln Lawyer series on Netflix is good so far. I’m three episodes in.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next