Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+33
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
J T
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
amiahtfrazier
Travis of the Cosmos
Bert Savoy
Heat Miser
MrMojoRisin
Dendrobates
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
SawGreen
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
37 posters

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 23 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Pervis Muldoon Fri 26 Jan 2024 - 23:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:I just started watching Justified... because I never did. This is a good show.

Every season was great.

I think Justified had the best collection of villains ever assembled on a single TV show.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 23 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 26 Jan 2024 - 23:27

I didn't start it before because I was turned on to it after 4-5 seasons. Figured now is the time to address that issue.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 0:05

So who did watch Fargo?

Spoiler:

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 1:23; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 0:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So who did watch Fargo?

Spoiler:

Not yet. Just finished E2 of True Detective. Good so far. Has S1 vibes.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 0:39

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Amazon Prime Video will start showing ads on Monday

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 23 2809484752

I mostly use Prime Video to rent or buy movies. I'm hopeful that they can't insert commercials into movies I've purchased.

You can pay a premium to eliminate commercials.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 0:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

TIL Tipper Gore is a Swiller.
No, It's just lazy bad writing. Watch this last season of fargo then watch reacher... reacher is not good.

First, see my comment above. Season two just isn’t cutting it, but I’d only call it bad compared to the books. It’s also not fair to compare entirely different types of series. I’ve only ever watched Fargo the movie, but I’ve heard excellent things about the series.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 3:40

Nordic wrote:
Cameron wrote:The greedy fuckers have won, and we're living in their world now.

Take my money and make sure my shit is on my doorstep in the morning.

Pretty soon they're gonna charge you a handling fee for you to open your own packages.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J T Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 9:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I just started watching Justified... because I never did. This is a good show.

Justified is excellent, and the series finale was very satisfying. Just a terrific final few minutes.

Once you're finished with Justified, lower your expectations greatly before continuing with Justified: City Primeval. Very weak compared to the original series. But...it also has a fantastic twist at the end of the final episode that leaves you wondering if there will be a second season of JCP or a revival of the original series. Who knows?!
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 10:41

When streamers started having to begin making their own original content the price of streaming rights jumped.  Streamng took bigger bites out of the traditional broadcast TV  audiences, a lot of costs jumped.

Writers, directors and actors are getting paid more by Amazon, Netflix, Hulu now than they were  a decade ago because of the competition for good original content.    

The time when Netflix could buy rights for a song like they did 15 years ago is gone.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 11:02; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 10:47

GRR Spartan wrote:When streamers started having to begin making their own original content and the price of streaming rights jumped. Streamng took bigger bites out of the traditional broadcast TV  audiences, a lot of costs jumped.

Writers, directors and actors are getting paid more by Amazon, Netflix, Hulu now than they were  a decade ago because of the competition for good original content.    

The time when Netflix could buy rights for a song like they did 15 years ago is gone.

The creators also just won in a union contract dispute, too.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 11:13

Cameron wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Take my money and make sure my shit is on my doorstep in the morning.

Pretty soon they're gonna charge you a handling fee for you to open your own packages.

I don’t know how much I pay for prime, but they could triple it and I wouldn’t blink an eye. And it’s not for the videos.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 11:17

Agree, video is a bonus. In the last week we've ordered computer parts, lady clothes, oil filter for a 2016 Malibu... And also easily returned a number of things.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 27 Jan 2024 - 11:51

I don’t think my wife and I have watched any evening network TV since last June except for part MLB All Star game.  

If given the option we stream the CBS Morning shows she likes thru Paramount+.  The only times we watch a local affiliate is severe weather or major events like hospital mergers because TV8 often does better local reporting than the MLive GR Press.

I bored thru Reacher 2nd season on consecutive nights and really like it because it stays close to the Reacher novels by Lee Child.  Same for Bosch and now Lincoln Lawyer from the Michael,Connelly novels on Netflix.  River is about 9 years old and still one of the best thing Netflix put on. (It was produced by BBC)

PBS has Professor T and Miss Scarlett and The Duke that are well written crime series. Miss Scarlett stars Kate Phillips who was on Peaky Blinders.  If you don’t mind older productions check out BritBox for a week free.  British shows that last 90 minutes
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 28 Jan 2024 - 0:09

I’m two episodes into season four of True Detective. This is in Alaska and at the beginning of the dark all day all night season. Jodie Foster stars. I’m already into the story, despite it seeming to have a mystical, almost supernatural flavor to it, as that isn’t usually my fav. This seems more like X-Files weird and has drawn me in.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 28 Jan 2024 - 2:06

tGreenWay wrote:I’m two episodes into season four of True Detective. This is in Alaska and at the beginning of the dark all day all night season. Jodie Foster stars. I’m already into the story, despite it seeming to have a mystical, almost supernatural flavor to it, as that isn’t usually my fav. This seems more like X-Files weird and has drawn me in.

I did not enjoy it :(
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 3 Feb 2024 - 23:09

Wrapping up The Brothers Sun tonight. It’s an 8 episode series on Netflix. Very much enjoying it. Here’s the quick description from IMDB:

Just when Taipei gangster Charles Sun has finally settled into his life as a ruthless killer, his father is shot by a mysterious assassin and he must prepare to journey back to L.A. to protect his mother and utterly-unaware younger brother Bruce.

Tomorrow, we’ll get back to True Detective and begin Masters of the Air.

Edit: It appears there will be a second season of The Brothers Sun.

Last edited by tGreenWay on Mon 5 Feb 2024 - 5:04; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 3 Feb 2024 - 23:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I’m two episodes into season four of True Detective. This is in Alaska and at the beginning of the dark all day all night season. Jodie Foster stars. I’m already into the story, despite it seeming to have a mystical, almost supernatural flavor to it, as that isn’t usually my fav. This seems more like X-Files weird and has drawn me in.

I did not enjoy it :(

Interesting. Why not?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 1:08

The Bros Sun was good... Anything that lady is in is good.

Watching Loudermilk. Music critic alcoholic in charge of a group meeting. Pretty funny so far.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 1:12

Finally got the courage to watch the last season of Dark Matter. Really enjoyed the show but wish I would have left it alone. How they cancelled it without any resolution….sucks. What am I supposed to do now? Just go on living my life like nothing happened?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 5 Feb 2024 - 0:58

Saw my first commercial on Amazon today.  

Somehow I wasn’t outraged enough to cancel Amazon Prime or Amazon Music family plan.  

Got a email saying Hulu is going the Netflix route.  Have 2 family members sharing a password but was using their Netflix for years when Netflix encouraged sharing to bump their numbers.

Ran the numbers and buying Paramont+, Peacock, Hulu plus what I’d pay for Amazon TV, it’s still cheaper than Spectrum Cable along with their internet with no price breaks.

Waiting for T-Mobile or Verizon to get their 5G service to my area to truly cut the cord.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 12 Feb 2024 - 9:55

I have two review from the weekend.

If you think about watching Heart of Stone with Gal Gadot, take a shotgun to you TV instead. I made it through about 25 minutes and pulled the plug. Just fucking terrible.

Munich: The Edge of War is better than the the 6.8 on imdb. Jeremy Irons plays Neville Chamberlain. There's a couple of other recognizable British actors and it features maybe the worst casting of Hitler ever. Nevertheless, it's a pretty good piece of fictional history that puts a better spin on Chamberlain appeasing Hitler.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon 12 Feb 2024 - 9:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:I have two review from the weekend.

If you think about watching Heart of Stone with Gal Gadot, take a shotgun to you TV instead. I made it through about 25 minutes and pulled the plug. Just fucking terrible.

Munich: The Edge of War is better than the the 6.8 on imdb. Jeremy Irons plays Neville Chamberlain. There's a couple of other recognizable British actors and it features maybe the worst casting of Hitler ever. Nevertheless, it's a pretty good piece of fictional history that puts a better spin on Chamberlain appeasing Hitler.

25 minutes, huh. I think I lasted 24 minutes.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sat 17 Feb 2024 - 0:42

One of my kids told me to try Jury Duty. She said don't look it up, just watch and you won't be sorry. I'm four episodes in and it's a lot of fun. It's on Freevee.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 17 Feb 2024 - 20:51

If you're in the mood for a sappy, inspirational sports movie I have just the thing for you. The Hill on Netflix.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat 17 Feb 2024 - 21:18

Mr & Mrs Smith. Prime. I liked it. Stylish spy show.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 1:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:If you're in the mood for a sappy, inspirational sports movie I have just the thing for you. The Hill on Netflix.
Yeah, that's a good description. I didn't know his story.

It did make me think how they need a movie about Jim Abbott. That's a bigger overcoming disability story and with much greater success. They can just leave his years between high school and the pros out of the movie, though. I grew up in Flint, about years younger than him, and he would ump our games sometimes when he was in high school, so he was always a local hero of mine before making that bad college choice.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 11:44

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Mr & Mrs Smith. Prime. I liked it. Stylish spy show.

Pretty good. Entertaining. It gets bonus points for wrapping up in a single season
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 12:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:If you're in the mood for a sappy, inspirational sports movie I have just the thing for you. The Hill on Netflix.

It did make me think how they need a movie about Jim Abbott. That's a bigger overcoming disability story and with much greater success. They can just leave his years between high school and the pros out of the movie, though. I grew up in Flint, about years younger than him, and he would ump our games sometimes when he was in high school, so he was always a local hero of mine before making that bad college choice.

That would be an unbelievably cool story. And put everything in it. He was an unbelievable quarterback, too wasn’t he?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 16:01

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

That would be an unbelievably cool story. And put everything in it. He was an unbelievable quarterback, too wasn’t he?
Yeah, he was. I don't remember if he ever was part of the UM team or if he just focused on baseball, but I do remember that coming out of high school that Bo was also recruiting him for football.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 17:33

Netflix Poised to Raise Prices in 2024 as It Continues to Gain Share of TV Viewing: Analysts
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 18:28

Netflix nerfed the Chromecast compatibility, at least for the ad supported tier. It's possible to work around, but very obnoxious and clearly intentional. What pisses me off most is I bought my Chromecast from Google, and now a third party is actively instituting code in order to prevent it from functioning as intended. This is why I will continue to pirate shit until the day I die and never feel a single iota of guilt.

Fuck those greedy cunts.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 18:36

Floyd Robertson wrote:Netflix Poised to Raise Prices in 2024 as It Continues to Gain Share of TV Viewing: Analysts

I’m waiting for surge pricing on networks. They’ll figure it out. Just watch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 18:48

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Netflix Poised to Raise Prices in 2024 as It Continues to Gain Share of TV Viewing: Analysts

“CBS & Fox to charge extra for watching NFL games in real time; cite a surge in viewers from 1p-4p and 4p-7p.”
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 19:56

DWags wrote:

It they stop OTA broadcasting then I'm screwed. Something tells me the FCC won't let them, though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 27 Feb 2024 - 22:43

Caught an episode of Ms Fishers Modern Murder Mysteries on Sundance.  Pretty good.  Sorta like Columbo except the chick starring in it is much better looking than Peter Falk.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 12 Mar 2024 - 22:42

The Gentleman on netflix is fun. Guy Ritchie.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 13 Mar 2024 - 4:25

AvgMSUJoe wrote:The Gentleman on netflix is fun. Guy Ritchie.

I loved the movie. I’m going to give it a shot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Mar 2024 - 4:55

Anyone watch Death & Other Details? It’s a multi-layered murder mystery aboard a private yacht. It falls more on the light side of the Whodunit Detective genre, in a similar vein as Only Murders in the Building, maybe a little darker and heavier, and without the schtick of Steve Martin and/or Martin Short.
Mandy Patinkin and Violett Beane are the leads. This first season was 10 episodes long. There’s probably going to be a second season.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 21:31

Girls5eva is on Netflix finally.

If you like Kimmy Schmidt or 30 Rock, definite required watching.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 15 Mar 2024 - 23:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Every season was great.

Eh. It could have been three seasons shorter. It was nice and nostalgic watching city primeval though. Timothy Olyphantt’s daughter is a bad actor.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next