Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's test the limits guys. RE: Legends of the other place.

+81
tTy
Nordic
steveschneider
tGreenWay
RubberbandMan
InTenSity
tBlairWhiteProject
MasonGuy
Sparty2QP
Herbie Green
Spartan G. Thug
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
DITKA
The Matador
Gus Chiggins
Tyler Durden
Cosmo_Kramer
Scotts' Bloated Liver
CORNER BLITZ
Frank Ricard
Black Dutch
Turtleneck
Biff Tannen
Ass Dan
Notorious GiB
Ben Seaver
tanfan!
Blanch32
xsanguine
Floyd Robertson
Brock Middlebrook
green night
Crazy Jim9
The Pantry
pulling69
DWags
NigelUno
Gomer
GRR Spartan
Murphy Green
Spartan_MJ
TrueGreenSpartan
MSULordyoda
In a Pylon St8ofmind
Big Ten Referee
Duke Silver
greenmachine
tVideoCat
goodbar
AvgMSUJoe
SpartanGuard
Giant Moose
tTito
J T
Spartan Pride
MSURed
Death Roe
Zeno
WhiteBoyHatcher
tig ol bitties
WBill
I Still Hate Weber State
Dendrobates
Bizarro Fletch
The Lonely Stoner
Snake Plissken
HillSpartan
Spartan Punk
MiamiSpartan
Heat Miser
Clarett's Folly
Other Teams Pursuing That
AMwood
ROtown Sparty
Mentalstate
Ned Stark
SeeRockCity
Robert J Sakimano
LoneWolfSparty
Cameron
Rocinante
85 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 Empty Re: Let's test the limits guys. RE: Legends of the other place.

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-07, 16:47

CORNER BLITZ wrote:2 schticks I'd like to see come back:
Bolley - I hope i dint say this official lost traylor...
Malibu Man

Board Stories
Slickster - I think he was less troll and more moran. Most trolls that got caught had other posters find their personal info online...slick just straight up posted his. He had been annoying the board for some time with complete and total nonsense - usually detailing how upset he was with the latest Phil of the Future episode. Most posters hated him and got into DSFs trying to educate/shut him tF up. Slick would usually come back asking to be confronted in person and one day posted his (and his dads) exact seats to a basketball game. IIRC, it was phoneman that posted a note on his seat for his dad letting him know how batshit crazy his kid was online

Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 1550444538 zzy - Former student basketball manager that completely lost his shit when Heath Ledger died. Ozzy started a thread late at night about how deeply Heath Ledger's death affected him...and the result was that he was going to give up football. You see, one day at a bar Ozzy was watching MSU v Wisconsin in basketball when Heath Ledger just so happened to be at the same bar. Instantly the two made a connection over MSU basketball and Heath began watching with Ozzy. When Neitzel hit a 3 late in the game, Heath gave Ozzy a high five. You can see how this connection during a basketball game would cause one to give up watching football...cant you? In typical fashion, the thread turned into a BTP completely roasting him.
Best quote was from Pocket_Aces (i believe) "I wouldn't give up football if my wife was killed by a football".
The piling on became a bit much, so any mention started to get squashed and new threads ripping him would get deleted. However, there was one "new poster" (schtick of mitch cumstein I believe) going by that name of 'Ennis del Mar' that was subtly posting about ozzy's metldown. Died laughing when I googled the name Ennis del Mar and now feel awkward if it ever comes up in a conversation that I know the name of that character...
And last but not least, ozzy later admitted that there was no encounter with Heath
I've seen a lot of people get destroyed, but ozzy's meltdown has to be one of the worst

I don't have a long history of schticks on tRCMB, but I can claim credit for Ennis del Mar. It took a solid year for me to get tired of making Heath Ledger jokes at Ozy's expense. Probably my favorite RCMB thread ever.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 Empty Re: Let's test the limits guys. RE: Legends of the other place.

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-07, 16:49

BTW, didn't Ozy also have some strange obsession with Bonnie Bernstein? I think he was a basketball manager and then got an internship at CBS Sports holding cables for sideline cameras or something. I seem to recall him developing a creepy crush on Bonnie as a result.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I Still Hate Weber State 2014-05-07, 16:54

I Still Hate Weber State wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is Ozy:

https://twitter.com/GWBiscuit

I saw him tweet at Rexrode one time and it just seemed like him. Looks like he tweets at celebrities all the time which makes me even more convinced it's him.

Yep, definitely him:

http://noise.typepad.com/hey_joe/2012/03/how-msu-manages.html

George Wishart, CBS broadcast associate
I Still Hate Weber State
I Still Hate Weber State
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-07, 16:59

Probably enough. Leave him be.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-07, 17:00

Bizarro Fletch wrote:BTW, didn't Ozy also have some strange obsession with Bonnie Bernstein?  I think he was a basketball manager and then got an internship at CBS Sports holding cables for sideline cameras or something.  I seem to recall him developing a creepy crush on Bonnie as a result.

Story is in here somewhere. He started a thread about asking her to go Christmas shopping with him. Kid busted him out on it. Bernstein. Christmas. Hmm. He may not have thought that one through.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-07, 17:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Story is in here somewhere. He started a thread about asking her to go Christmas shopping with him. Kid busted him out on it. Bernstein. Christmas. Hmm. He may not have thought that one through.

I have a hunch that wasn't the only issue with his game.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-07, 17:12

I saw him tweet at Rexrode one time and it just seemed like him. Looks like he tweets at celebrities all the time which makes me even more convinced it's him.

Looks like Ozy found an outlet for his addiction to hearing himself talk post-RCMB. 22K Tweets?!?!  Shocked 
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Matador 2014-05-09, 06:33

In 2001 or 2002, we had a football player named Marcus Waters. Marcus was very fast, but very very dumb. He got suspended or kicked off the team in the fall of the previous year. Leo Spaceman posted a rumor that he was good friends with Waters, and he would be back on the team the next fall, but Bobby wanted to keep it on the DL. It caused Comp at the time to freak out because he had been "scooped", and caused John Lewandowski (SID) to come onto the RCMB to post the rumor had absolutely no basis.

Waters never returned to the team, but it showed the power of the RCMB early on.
The Matador
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DITKA 2014-05-11, 00:17

Great read. I joined tRCMB back around 2002, what I always considered the 'prime' of its existence. It is in essence the very lifeblood that I see this board has begun.

Every day was an engaging one, whether it was the Taters tating, giving GBSpartan shit (Trevors brother), or the whole SSPM ordeal with the real Brian McGrain running for office and throwing a fit?

And who could forget Spartan G_apple. Bolley's gems. Enorme's foreign insight, Fluff's smileys.

Epic journey.
DITKA
DITKA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire 2014-05-11, 02:17

Great stuff. I feel like things get out of hand quickly around here.
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan G. Thug 2014-05-11, 14:16

Not that i'm looking for this psycho, but where's OWO?
Spartan G. Thug
Spartan G. Thug
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-05-11, 20:10

Crazy Jim9 wrote:

Another good one was when Herb Greenboy told everybody that would listen that drafting Darko would be a huge mistake that would haunt the Pistons for years to come. The attacks led against Herb Greenboy were ever-present and relentless after every single post he made, no matter the subject, and he eventually left the board.

I had thought that it was mainly the taters that ran him off the board, but I just can't remember for sure.

This is mostly true although I never shied away from taking an unpopular opinion. Kid Wok/Fear t Fro was my nemesis but I think deep down we respected each other. He had all the Piston slappies behind him and told me he wanted to be a scout someday. Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 502811600 

I was also Big Green Stick. At some point I lost my password or got lost in the transition and actually became Big Green Stick. I couldn't resist responding to posts and would do so out of character. Then when they switched to 247 I wasn't going to deal with it.Took a year or two off and then sure enough got roped in again and posting as CV Burrito.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-11, 20:18

When tRCMB was really going, I used to get into days-long fights with Tanner, never realizing he was mentally challenged and also a nice guy who just likes to argue like all lawyers. But literally, those threads would go for days, and they would be rich.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-11, 20:19

Herbie Green wrote:

This is mostly true although I never shied away from taking an unpopular opinion.  Kid Wok/Fear t Fro was my nemesis but I think deep down we respected each other.  He had all the Piston slappies behind him and told me he wanted to be a scout someday.  Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 502811600 

I was also Big Green Stick.  At some point I lost my password or got lost in the transition and actually became Big Green Stick.  I couldn't resist responding to posts and would do so out of character.  Then when they switched to 247 I wasn't going to deal with it.Took a year or two off and then sure enough got roped in again and posting as CV Burrito.

Awesome. Welcome back Herb. You were BGS? One of my favorite all time shticks. Do you still pick up your whiskey at the gas station in Perry and slam it on your way home? There was a BGS posting recently on 247.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparty2QP 2014-05-11, 20:26

Ozy felt the need to Champion a few causes and issues because he is an emotional guy.

That being said, I know him personally and he is a good dude. There were a few times where I wish I could have told hi to just let issues drop, but he chose to fight.

Doesnt change the fact that he is a really good person who would do just about anything for someone else.

At the end of the day, we would all hope our friends are as good of people as Ozy. Online, he may not seem that way sometimes.
Sparty2QP
Sparty2QP
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-11, 20:53

Sparty2QP wrote:Ozy felt the need to Champion a few causes and issues because he is an emotional guy.

That being said, I know him personally and he is a good dude.  There were a few times where I wish I could have told hi  to just let issues drop, but he chose to fight.

Doesnt change the fact that he is a really good person who would do just about anything for someone else.

At the end of the day, we would all hope our friends are as good of people as Ozy.  Online, he may not seem that way sometimes.

Sup bro. Good info on Ozy. I've generally thought he was a horrible person for the way he want after people, including the mentally handicapped (Slickster). Don't read the thread about Nick b/c I kinda went off on him there.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-05-11, 21:48

Sparty2QP wrote:Ozy felt the need to Champion a few causes and issues because he is an emotional guy.

That being said, I know him personally and he is a good dude.  There were a few times where I wish I could have told hi  to just let issues drop, but he chose to fight.

At the end of the day, we would all hope our friends are as good of people as Ozy.  Online, he may not seem that way sometimes.

He seemed to take things way too serious. Most of us are on here screwing. around. Just like I really couldn't care less if a dude likes to drop a piece of fruit in his overpriced beer or not. But creating a thread about it will cause small brained morons', like OTPT's, head to explode. Ozy never really understood that some people say he overreacted so they provoked it.

He also just tried too hard sometimes to "champion" causes as you say. "You changed my mind and made me see this differently. Thank you" said no one on a message board ever.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Green 2014-05-11, 23:57

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
I remember, believe it was after the inaugural tRCMB 5-on-5, trying to get away from  Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 1550444538 zy at the bars because he was drunk and creeping people out (both message board and non)...later then MSUChick77, myself and I think one other were eating at Bell's when he stumbled in and came up to us like we were best friends

Obviously I didn't stay as late as you that day/night since I left after BW3 but I had a very nice conversation with him. The person who creeped me out at BW3 that day was Steve Tui. ewwwww.
Murphy Green
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Green 2014-05-12, 00:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Chick is much older than Ozy. She's my age (hence the '77). Never met Ozy but I think he's maybe 30 or so.

I knew Chick from undergrad. She lived down the street from us. One of my housemates was dating her housemate for about a year.

He's definitely "or so". He's around 34ish, could be 35 or 36. He was a manager for the bball team right around the National Championship.
Murphy Green
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-05-12, 00:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Awesome. Welcome back Herb. You were BGS? One of my favorite all time shticks. Do you still pick up your whiskey at the gas station in Perry and slam it on your way home? There was a BGS posting recently on 247.

BGS got banned after his last post "hey look at me I can post on an MSU message board". Meanwhile he got fired from his assistant football coach job and hit rock bottom. Now he says he is trying to turn his life around again.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 2014-05-12, 07:12

Herbie Green wrote:

BGS got banned after his last post "hey look at me I can post on an MSU message board". Meanwhile he got fired from his assistant football coach job and hit rock bottom.  Now he says he is trying to turn his life around again.
Clearly needs to hit the whiskey and get the Perry Ramblers fired up again.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-05-12, 14:43

I liked the night that we tracked the plane flights to figure out who our next football coach was going to be.  That was powerful stuff, kind of like tRCMB meets CSI.  I liked it.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Jim9 2014-05-12, 23:48

Herbie Green wrote:

This is mostly true although I never shied away from taking an unpopular opinion.  Kid Wok/Fear t Fro was my nemesis but I think deep down we respected each other.  He had all the Piston slappies behind him and told me he wanted to be a scout someday.  Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 502811600 

I was also Big Green Stick.  At some point I lost my password or got lost in the transition and actually became Big Green Stick.  I couldn't resist responding to posts and would do so out of character.  Then when they switched to 247 I wasn't going to deal with it.Took a year or two off and then sure enough got roped in again and posting as CV Burrito.

Haha! My evil plan has worked! I have drawn you out and now I can say what I have wanted to say for years:

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO HAVE BEEN PROVEN TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT DARKO!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? YOU THINK THE PISTONS WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER OFF TO TAKE CARMELLO! WHAT A MAROOOOOON!!!!!!!

Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 502811600
Crazy Jim9
Crazy Jim9
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-13, 00:01

Here is your mea culpa, Herb. You were right. Darko sucked ass. My only two (meager) counterpoints are that given the intel, just about every other GM in the league would have made the same mistake, and that the Pistons may not have won the 2004 Title if they had to work a Carmelo/Bosh/Wade into the lineup.

GD, on second thought, typing that out makes me realize how ridiculous it sounds.

You win. Give me the 2004 Lions/Mike Williams draft proclamation over Ozy/mental and at least I'll feel whole again.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-13, 00:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is your mea culpa, Herb. You were right. Darko sucked ass. My only two (meager) counterpoints are that given the intel, just about every other GM in the league would have made the same mistake, and that the Pistons may not have won the 2004 Title if they had to work a Carmelo/Bosh/Wade into the lineup.

GD, on second thought, typing that out makes me realize how ridiculous it sounds.

You win. Give me the 2004 Lions/Mike Williams draft proclamation over Ozy/mental and at least I'll feel whole again.

For the record, Darko still has more rings than Melo. And they have something else in common: turn on the TV, who's not on it during the playoffs right now? Neither.

And for the record, Williams was a bust because he became a fat lard. Had a "revival" career like Mandarich, but was a bust for his BS, not talent. Dude liked eating much more than he liked exercising.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-13, 00:20

Mentalstate wrote:

For the record, Darko still has more rings than Melo. And they have something else in common: turn on the TV, who's not on it during the playoffs right now? Neither.

And for the record, Williams was a bust because he became a fat lard. Had a "revival" career like Mandarich, but was a bust for his BS, not talent. Dude liked eating much more than he liked exercising.

Let's be honest mental. The Lions could have drafted Joseph Stalin after taking Hitler and Mussolini in the two years prior and you would have been out in front of it, talking about how he had great hands and could turn and run.

I kinda wish I still liked the Lions that much.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-13, 00:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Let's be honest mental. The Lions could have drafted Joseph Stalin after taking Hitler and Mussolini in the two years prior and you would have been out in front of it, talking about how he had great hands and could turn and run.

I kinda wish I still liked the Lions that much.

No, Det can always do wrong. They can reach, they take take players they have zero need for. At that point, Det needed everything. Had Williams ever not been a fat ****, who knows how that pans out, just like Chuck having glass collarbones and weed addiction.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tBlairWhiteProject 2014-05-13, 00:51

I am legend
tBlairWhiteProject
tBlairWhiteProject
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-25, 12:13

WBH has a few stories in here /bump
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 2014-07-25, 13:20

I missed some of this thread--holy shit:

George Wishart
@GWBiscuit

Tweets 29.2K

Photos/Videos 232
Following 458
Followers 324
Favorites 1,248

That tweet to follower ratio proves you have nothing to say that anyone IN THE ENTIRE WORLD wants to hear.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-07-25, 13:37

Tyler Durden wrote:
I missed some of this thread--holy shit:

George Wishart
@GWBiscuit

Tweets 29.2K

Photos/Videos 232
   Following 458
   Followers 324
   Favorites 1,248

That tweet to follower ratio proves you have nothing to say that anyone IN THE ENTIRE WORLD wants to hear.

Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 502811600 Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 9 502811600 

No kidding.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberbandMan 2014-07-25, 16:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
if it was GGG, she might be attractive by anonymous internet sports message board standards.. which is to say overwhelmingly average in an underwhelming, ambivalent way.

Feminism is the radical notion that women are people, Bob. How dare you judge someone because they don't conform to your standard of aesthetics?
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-25, 17:06

So wait... Blanch got knocked out at a Tailgate? What's the story behind that?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-25, 18:21

RubberbandMan wrote:

Feminism is the radical notion that women are people, Bob. How dare you judge someone because they don't conform to your standard of aesthetics?

Soylent Green is people.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-07-25, 18:30

Rocinante wrote:So wait... Blanch got knocked out at a Tailgate? What's the story behind that?

Lol. Simple the Rcmbers that aren't total pussies who hide behind their keyboard are total pussies in real life
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-25, 22:12

Blanch32 wrote:

Lol. Simple the Rcmbers that aren't total pussies who hide behind their keyboard are total pussies in real life

It sounds like you're calling yourself a pussy here....
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-07-25, 22:15

Blanch32 wrote:

So are you saying everybody on tRCMB is a pussy? I just want to get clarification.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-25, 22:28

Snake Plissken wrote:

So are you saying everybody on tRCMB is a pussy? I just want to get clarification.

I think he's saying he is a pussy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-07-25, 22:40

NigelUno wrote:

I think he's saying he is a pussy.
Okay...I can agree with that
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-07-25, 22:55

Truth be told, Melo has been a dissapointment as well. He puts up big numbers and is an all-star and all that but you never even know if he is an asset or a liability for the team he plays on. You cant predict how a guy will respond to being a millionaire and I don't see that fire he had with Syracuse. I did see it in the Olympics but rarely in the NBA.
The season is just too long playing for shit teams I think he just cashed it in. Maybe he can suck it up and have a Mark Aguire type role before he is done.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next