Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's test the limits guys. RE: Legends of the other place.

+81
tTy
Nordic
steveschneider
tGreenWay
RubberbandMan
InTenSity
tBlairWhiteProject
MasonGuy
Sparty2QP
Herbie Green
Spartan G. Thug
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
DITKA
The Matador
Gus Chiggins
Tyler Durden
Cosmo_Kramer
Scotts' Bloated Liver
CORNER BLITZ
Frank Ricard
Black Dutch
Turtleneck
Biff Tannen
Ass Dan
Notorious GiB
Ben Seaver
tanfan!
Blanch32
xsanguine
Floyd Robertson
Brock Middlebrook
green night
Crazy Jim9
The Pantry
pulling69
DWags
NigelUno
Gomer
GRR Spartan
Murphy Green
Spartan_MJ
TrueGreenSpartan
MSULordyoda
In a Pylon St8ofmind
Big Ten Referee
Duke Silver
greenmachine
tVideoCat
goodbar
AvgMSUJoe
SpartanGuard
Giant Moose
tTito
J T
Spartan Pride
MSURed
Death Roe
Zeno
WhiteBoyHatcher
tig ol bitties
WBill
I Still Hate Weber State
Dendrobates
Bizarro Fletch
The Lonely Stoner
Snake Plissken
HillSpartan
Spartan Punk
MiamiSpartan
Heat Miser
Clarett's Folly
Other Teams Pursuing That
AMwood
ROtown Sparty
Mentalstate
Ned Stark
SeeRockCity
Robert J Sakimano
LoneWolfSparty
Cameron
Rocinante
85 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's test the limits guys. RE: Legends of the other place.

Post by Spartan Pride 2014-04-22, 22:02

Ned Stark wrote:Ok, here's a question that I hope doesn't go too far. Did Tanfan actually make anti-semitic remarks? Or was that just anti-tanfan propaganda perpetuated by the rods?
The real question should not be whether tanfan made anti-semitic remarks but whether or not they were funny. I think the majority of males have called friends "Gay", "Homo", "F*****" at various times in their life. I realize there havec to be standards but lets not act like a sports message board is a place where normal human interaction means someone hates Jews or something.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's test the limits guys. RE: Legends of the other place.

Post by J T 2014-04-22, 22:13

WBill wrote:Regular poster "Sparty Scott" ? welched on a bet, then disappeared from sight.  Foul play has not been ruled out.
Wasn't it something like $150? I've never seen someone disappear faster from a message board than SS after losing his bet. What a fucking pussy.
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-22, 22:37

blanch32 wrote:
Mentalstate wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:
blanch32 wrote:
CESparty wrote:What's the story about BBB?  She was one of the more attractive female posters but I think someone grabbed her butt (Tanfan maybe?) at one of the tailgates and she didn't post much after that.  

Wasn't tanfan.  Was sparky but was put up to it by another poster.  Forgot too.

...and after playing flip cup w her and the natty champ I found out it was her hubby who ended things.  Trcmb bonars just made it convient.  And yes she wanted me as she approached me.  I had not a clue who she was.

You said the same thing about me. You have no real understanding of women.

Not true. He probably knows more about women than all of us here combined. Blow-up women, that is.

Name names.  Who's hooked up more than me?  We be waiting

I'm not sure I would be proud of that..unless you're referring to visitors of the events. How are girls really from RCMB? Haven't seen any.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-04-22, 22:42

blanch is hilarious. He thinks he's still in high school. He's the coolest guy in the room because he's conned a large number of insecure young girls into banging him. Such a proud accomplishment!

That said, I welcome tales of his exploits here. They're fun reads. As long as he can put a little more effort into his grammar.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-04-22, 22:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
blanch32 wrote:
Mentalstate wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:
blanch32 wrote:
CESparty wrote:What's the story about BBB?  She was one of the more attractive female posters but I think someone grabbed her butt (Tanfan maybe?) at one of the tailgates and she didn't post much after that.  

...and after playing flip cup w her and the natty champ I found out it was her hubby who ended things.  Trcmb bonars just made it convient.  And yes she wanted me as she approached me.  I had not a clue who she was.

Not true. He probably knows more about women than all of us here combined. Blow-up women, that is.

Name names.  Who's hooked up more than me?  We be waiting

I'm not sure I would be proud of that..unless you're referring to visitors of the events. How are girls really from RCMB? Haven't seen any.

This was bf the sexless losers took over and scared away any new female. Now our youngest broad is married and 30
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-22, 23:21

blanch32 wrote:

This was bf the sexless losers took over and scared away any new female.  Now our youngest broad is married and 30

Why the **** would you get married before 30?c confused 
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-04-23, 00:34

Here is story #2. We'll call it the "McGrain saga".

At some point back in the early to mid 00's, well after the "Tatergate", new blood was introduced to the board in the form of a poster with the handle "S Rodlund". He came on like gangbusters, posting about how his roommate left shit in the toilet, or shit on the toilet seat or something or other. It was potty humor, but it was definitely humorous because it was outside the normal scope of what generally considered acceptable on the old board. Yet, it was tolerated for awhile.

Rodlund had some good posts and was pretty funny. Eventually he was joined by an obvious co-conspirator, Sugar Sweet Pete McGrain. SSPM just killed it. This guy was the ultimate humorous troll in the day before trolls, with just an impeccable sense of timing. He would come onto the board during an Izzo to the Hawks spazzout and post a thread title of "Izzo reportedly gone" and then the body of the post would be "....to the L&L grocery store at Lake Lansing in Okemos". Seems stupid now but people would freak the **** out, and if you weren't in on it, you were a victim of it. Guy would post about how he would send Izzo emails about how to prep the team for games, and, again, the people who didn't get it would spazz out and say "WHY ARE YOU EMAILING THE COACH??! STOP IT!" etc. The rest of us were dying. One of the Coach Izzo advice emails bore the famous phrase 'games are won in 3 places - on the court, in the locker room, and on the message boards'.

TB and Co were getting a bit fed up with the trolling at the time, and there were some intermittent bannings of these accounts - S Rodlund and Sugar Sweet Pete McGrain. It was also during this time that people began posting various photos of Brian McGrain, which eventually resulted in immediate deletion/bannning (for reference http://www.brianmcgrain.com/images/main_brian.gif)

This was also about the time that poster "Snoodboss" got into the mix. This guy was a total spazz, eventually threatening to sue everybody, and starting his own poorly planned board called "spartantailstate" (which gained zero traction).

I was not affiliated with S Rodlund or SSPM at all, but I remember one day I was bored and I cooked up a tale that seemed plausible in my mind. TB deleted it within a few hours. It detailed a theory in which basically the poster S Rodlund and SSPM were clowning on a couple of guys that they knew and posting under pseudonyms of their names.

Within a year or so, the poster S Rodlund had disappeared, but SSPM was still posting. There was a new poster named Roger Dorn who posted much in the same manner as S Rodlund. Dude was pretty funny. In the meantime, SSPM had become aligned through back channels with myself and some of my friends on the board. We all headed up to EL for the NCAA Tournament in maybe '03, or '04 or '05 first round. SSPM agreed to meet us.

There were many laughs had that day, but one of the funniest was that he revealed to me that my completely random narrative that TB deleted was exactly correct. There were 4 guys who were enrolled in a graduate program at MSU together. 2 of them decided to clown on the other 2 for whatever reason. Each started a user account on the old board  invoking the name of the two guys they were clowning on - David "Seth" Rodlund and Brian McGrain. Eventually the guys they were clowning on discovered the ruse and got butt hurt. That was around when "Snoodboss" threatened to sue, etc. And since then, any picture of the "real" Brian McGrain was taken down and deemed ban worthy.

The funniest shit, however, was not that this story was revealed to us. It was a look inside the brain of the poster formerly known as Sugar Sweet Pete McGrain (and later Ron Coleman, Flex Wheeler, etc). Dude was just an absolute trip, always thinking about how he could troll. Nothing harmful, but in those days, the slightest troll that hooked users was a pretty damn hilarious one. He detailed to us how he used to go onto the Cleveland version of the M-Live boards and post threads titled simply "Jordan over Ehlo - it's good!!" (google it kids), and how he used to go to the Oregon Live Women's forums and post stuff like "Wife is a fat pig, need help forcing her to eat less." Just completely absurd. Ah, the mind of a deranged message board genius.

I haven't attempted to troll a message board in probably 10+ years, but I still look back on these things and they crack me up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-23, 00:58

Holy shit Hatch, tell me more. I think SSPM was right before my time. Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 502811600 The stunt they pulled on their roommates was genius. Old school shit right there. Love it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 01:15

WhiteBoyHatcher is killing it. I remember snoodboss and dorn, but sspm was JUST before my time.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-04-23, 08:15

blanch32 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
blanch32 wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:
blanch32 wrote:

Sincerely,

The only person who's made me feel uncomfortable at Rcmb tailgates

Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 502811600 Story behind that?

Induendos and invasion of personal space.  Guess I wasn't as cool as she thought I'd be if you get my drift

WTF are you talking about? I am as amused at this as I am confused. But you live in your own little world all the time, so nothing I say will matter. And I make sexual innuendos with everyone. You weren't special...sorry to burst your bubble.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-23, 08:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is story #2. We'll call it the "McGrain saga"...

Nice. Back when trolling was an art form, not just throwing a bunch of dumb shit against the wall hoping something might stick.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-04-23, 08:56

Heat Miser wrote:

Nice. Back when trolling was an art form, not just throwing a bunch of dumb shit against the wall hoping something might stick.

Yeah, KidWok was the king.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-04-23, 09:01

I know SeeRockCity said don't go there, but I feel bad about the Ash Liz thing. She started posting on the board again a little while before she passed away, and SpartanRocky kept deleting her posts. It's why I got into it with him.

I don't know if she was reaching out or not or what her motivation was to suddenly appear again but maybe if she had an outlet things would have turned out differently. It's just one of many times the new RCMB was moderated too heavily.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-04-23, 09:05

blanch32 wrote:

This was bf the sexless losers took over and scared away any new female.  Now our youngest broad is married and 30

Not true. 26 here, not married but def. not single.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-04-23, 09:08

FIRE GBSPARTAN!!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 09:33

SpartanGuard wrote:
blanch32 wrote:

Hi there.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-04-23, 10:31

Sspm was a visionary. Truly understood the full capabilities of internet msg boards
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-04-23, 10:32

Giant Moose wrote:I know SeeRockCity said don't go there, but I feel bad about the Ash Liz thing. She started posting on the board again a little while before she passed away, and SpartanRocky kept deleting her posts. It's why I got into it with him.

I don't know if she was reaching out or not or what her motivation was to suddenly appear again but maybe if she had an outlet things would have turned out differently. It's just one of many times the new RCMB was moderated too heavily.

Bet that weighs on his soul....oh wait!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2014-04-23, 14:39

Who was that wolverine who came over to the old RCMB to flame away only to be doxxed a short 12 hours later and forced to run off with his tail between his legs? If memory serves he went to Purdue, was a lifelong UM fan, tried to shit on our board and was soon left staring at his own posts from other forums, pics from his facebook page, results of races he had run, etc.
My god that was an epic internet beatdown. Probably the best I've ever seen.
And who outed him? I kinda think it was Heat Miser but I could be wrong.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-23, 14:41

Clarett's Folly wrote:Who was that wolverine who came over to the old RCMB to flame away only to be doxxed a short 12 hours later and forced to run off with his tail between his legs? If memory serves he went to Purdue, was a lifelong UM fan, tried to shit on our board and was soon left staring at his own posts from other forums, pics from his facebook page, results of races he had run, etc.

His name was Josh Skodak (sp?) & I still have the PM he sent me:

Stop please. Lets be adults now. This is serious. We all have careers to think of. This is all I am asking ok.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by HillSpartan 2014-04-23, 15:17

Clarett's Folly wrote:Who was that wolverine who came over to the old RCMB to flame away only to be doxxed a short 12 hours later and forced to run off with his tail between his legs? If memory serves he went to Purdue, was a lifelong UM fan, tried to shit on our board and was soon left staring at his own posts from other forums, pics from his facebook page, results of races he had run, etc.

Amaizin?
HillSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2014-04-23, 15:18

Heat Miser wrote:

Stop please. Lets be adults now. This is serious. We all have careers to think of. This is all I am asking ok.

Best internet beatdown I've ever seen. Great work, sir.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-04-23, 15:20

HillSpartan wrote:

Amaizin?

Amaizin' was around for quite a while. He got destroyed when posted that fake pic of himself with the hottie. Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 502811600 
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-04-23, 15:24

Giant Moose wrote:I know SeeRockCity said don't go there, but I feel bad about the Ash Liz thing. She started posting on the board again a little while before she passed away, and SpartanRocky kept deleting her posts. It's why I got into it with him.

I've had my share of problem with the RCMB mods, but are you really implying internet moderating may have played a role in her death???  Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 2130724145 
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-04-23, 15:27

Love the background from Hatcher on those two stories. True internet history there.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-04-23, 15:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is story #2. We'll call it the "McGrain saga".
I haven't attempted to troll a message board in probably 10+ years, but I still look back on these things and they crack me up.

One of my personal favorites... Dorn & SSPM cracked me up.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-04-23, 15:40

tTito wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

True. It seemed like everyday he had something new. And someone ALWAYS bit on it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-04-23, 15:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tTito wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

True. It seemed like everyday he had something new. And someone ALWAYS bit on it.

I remember one where said he put Bailey's Irish Cream in his morning coffee at work. The 10% tried desperately to convince him to see a counselor because he had a drinking problem.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 15:50

Heat Miser wrote:

Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 1486952199 
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-04-23, 16:23

The funniest shit, however, was not that this story was revealed to us. It was a look inside the brain of the poster formerly known as Sugar Sweet Pete McGrain (and later Ron Coleman, Flex Wheeler, etc). Dude was just an absolute trip, always thinking about how he could troll. Nothing harmful, but in those days, the slightest troll that hooked users was a pretty damn hilarious one. He detailed to us how he used to go onto the Cleveland version of the M-Live boards and post threads titled simply "Jordan over Ehlo - it's good!!" (google it kids), and how he used to go to the Oregon Live Women's forums and post stuff like "Wife is a fat pig, need help forcing her to eat less." Just completely absurd. Ah, the mind of a deranged message board genius.

Good stuff. Waaaay back in the day I used to troll VERY hard on the old-old mlive michigan message board.  I invented a fake superstar basketball recruit named Hank Nutson. Hank had ridiculous basketball skills and Michigan was recruiting this kid HARD.  This was back before you could just google a name and everything would pop up, so many of the posters there thought this was the real deal. I would post updates about once a week and the hype started building.  Then there would always be situations where Hank was about to back out and the recruiting process was starting to fall apart, yada, yada. I think I extended that whole thing out for almost 2 years.  Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 502811600
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I Still Hate Weber State 2014-04-23, 16:42

tTito wrote:
HillSpartan wrote:

Amaizin?

Amaizin' was around for quite a while. He got destroyed when posted that fake pic of himself with the hottie. Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 502811600 

Was Amaizin the one that Bolley would respond to? I vaguely remember him responding to a UofM fan more than once and dying at what he would call him.
I Still Hate Weber State
I Still Hate Weber State
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-04-23, 17:02

The great thing about this board is that freedom to be creative and troll nerds is back again.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tVideoCat 2014-04-23, 17:04

Tanfan! wrote:The great thing about this board is that freedom to be creative and troll nerds is back again.

This was a long time coming.
tVideoCat
tVideoCat
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 17:07

I Still Hate Weber State wrote:Was Amaizin the one that Bolley would respond to? I vaguely remember him responding to a UofM fan more than once and dying at what he would call him.

No... But for the life of me I can't remember who it was he was always ragging on.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by greenmachine 2014-04-23, 18:11

SpartanGuard wrote:
blanch32 wrote:

In a similar boat here. 22, serious relationship, but not getting married any time soon. I actually think my boyfriend posts on tRCMB and knows who I am. Kind of easy to tell because I do stupid shit when I drink. Still trying to figure out his username though.
greenmachine
greenmachine
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-04-23, 18:23

Rocinante wrote:
I Still Hate Weber State wrote:Was Amaizin the one that Bolley would respond to? I vaguely remember him responding to a UofM fan more than once and dying at what he would call him.

No... But for the life of me I can't remember who it was he was always ragging on.

tenaciousb?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 18:24

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

tenaciousb?

For some reason I think it was an overt Michigan fan. I know he didn't hide it much, but like one that had some reference to Michigan in his username...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-04-23, 18:30

goodbar wrote:

Good stuff. Waaaay back in the day I used to troll VERY hard on the old-old mlive michigan message board.  I invented a fake superstar basketball recruit named Hank Nutson. Hank had ridiculous basketball skills and Michigan was recruiting this kid HARD.  This was back before you could just google a name and everything would pop up, so many of the posters there thought this was the real deal. I would post updates about once a week and the hype started building.  Then there would always be situations where Hank was about to back out and the recruiting process was starting to fall apart, yada, yada. I think I extended that whole thing out for almost 2 years.  Let's test the limits guys.  RE: Legends of the other place. - Page 3 502811600

Beautiful
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 18:30

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

tenaciousb?

For some reason I think it was an overt Michigan fan.  I know he didn't hide it much, but like one that had some reference to Michigan in his username...

IT WAS WOLVERITO!!

He called him Dorito. cheers 
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-04-23, 18:32

Rocinante wrote:
Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

tenaciousb?

For some reason I think it was an overt Michigan fan.  I know he didn't hide it much, but like one that had some reference to Michigan in his username...

IT WAS WOLVERITO!!

He called him Dorito. cheers 

I miss Bolley.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next