Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+23
DWags
Rick Saunders
duffy munn
The Pantry
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
MSU addict
NigelUno
gomersbro
tGreenWay
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
Pervis Muldoon
Turtleneck
Tyler Durden
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
I.B. Fine
Motown Spartan
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
27 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-28, 16:04

Detroit came in 182...out of 182 cities on the list.  Cleveland was 181.  Toledo 176.

Where are the happiest cities in America? 4 California spots land on top 10 list
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-28, 17:13

Always wanted to go there.

Finland is the world's happiest country, but Finns say we're confusing happiness for something else
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-01, 13:00

Where is it written that all automated prompt systems have to suck and the on-hold music is the same staticy crap no matter what company you are dealing with?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-03-01, 14:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:Where is it written that all automated prompt systems have to suck and the on-hold music is the same staticy crap no matter what company you are dealing with?

Please listen carefully as our menu may have changed. Except their menu hasn't changed in the last 25 years, and neither has their hold music.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-01, 15:37

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Where is it written that all automated prompt systems have to suck and the on-hold music is the same staticy crap no matter what company you are dealing with?

Please listen carefully as our menu may have changed. Except their menu hasn't changed in the last 25 years, and neither has their hold music.

Exactly. They haven't updated their systems in 25 years. For example, the first option when calling a bank's customer services line doesn't need to be whether or not I want to hear my account balance. Look, fuckheads, I have that in my hip pocket in your app. In this day and age, if a customer is calling your hotline, it's because they need an actual human to answer the questions your app doesn't answer. Don't try directing me to you web site because if I could self-service then I wouldn't be waiting on hold for 20 minutes you dumbfucks.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-04, 21:10

There is one big Ass explosion that is happening at 16 mile and gratiot. It’s been going on for 7-8 minutes. I can see the sky lit up from my house maybe 3 miles away.

Constant Explosion. Hope I ain’t gone. Floyd?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-04, 21:14

DWags wrote:There is one big Ass explosion that is happening at 16 mile and gratiot. It’s been going on for 7-8 minutes. I can see the sky lit up from my house maybe 3 miles away.

Constant Explosion. Hope I ain’t gone. Floyd?
Been hearing it too but can't tell what direction it's coming from.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-04, 21:16

Sounds like constant low level thunder.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-04, 21:33

Go to facebook. Search “you know you’re from Harrison Township “ scroll down. A lady has a video. I think it’s a series of industrial places and gas stations holy shit. This lady is maybe 2 miles away. And the video is spectacular. 15 and Groesbeck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-04, 21:37

DWags wrote:Go to facebook. Search “you know you’re from Harrison Township “ scroll down. A lady has a video. I think it’s a series of industrial places and gas stations holy shit. This lady is maybe 2 miles away. And the video is spectacular. 15 and Groesbeck.
Post a link if you can. Things quieted down for a little then started up again. Saw some greenish flashes looking to the east.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-04, 21:48

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:Go to facebook. Search “you know you’re from Harrison Township “ scroll down. A lady has a video. I think it’s a series of industrial places and gas stations holy shit. This lady is maybe 2 miles away. And the video is spectacular. 15 and Groesbeck.
Post a link if you can. Things quieted down for a little then started up again. Saw some greenish flashes looking to the east.

I don’t know how. Lady has a pretty good video. My daughter said she can hear it in royal oak. It’s 20 minutes and it’s still exploding. WTF?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-04, 21:50

According to WDIV it's at a plant called Select Distributors at 15 & Groesbeck.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-04, 21:55

The Pantry wrote:According to WDIV it's at a plant called Select Distributors at 15 & Groesbeck.

Gas stations too. It should be on fox at 10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-04, 22:05

Nitrous oxide tanks at select distributors. Then other industrial buildings gas stations. Etc.

Holy shit they’re briefing the governor.

Thoughts are with the firemen.

https://youtu.be/oYHR2J9E2cE?si=evUheWyOSW18YWvv
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-04, 22:13

Maybe a half of a city block exploded?

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Img_7412
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-04, 22:17

Shit still exploding and stuff flying. Think they said the place houses batteries.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-04, 22:20

Its 4.9 miles from my house it was so loud I thought it was neighborhood transformers and I was bracing for a Blackout. Shit. Five miles.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-04, 22:38

Hope everyone’s okay. Nitrous oxide tanks would be sending craploads of shrapnel.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2024/03/04/explosions-clinton-township-groesbeck/72846780007/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-04, 22:58

From the news descriptions sounds like much of the smoke, fumes, and ash are headed toward work.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-05, 11:12

A nineteen year old bystander was hit and killed by a flying canister roughly a quarter mile from the scene.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2024/03/05/select-distributor-explosions-teen-dies/72849661007/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-05, 14:41

Read a truck delivering butane caught fire and started everything.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-05, 14:51

tGreenWay wrote:A nineteen year old bystander was hit and killed by a flying canister roughly a quarter mile from the scene.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2024/03/05/select-distributor-explosions-teen-dies/72849661007/

This scares me about myself. You guys too. I guarantee you 90% of us, if we were near there, we stop and take a look. I was looking from my deck at the sky and listening. Hell, when it''s tornado weather and my wife is screaming to get in the basement, I'm looking at the color of the sky. Just dumb shit I guess.

That 19 year old kid. Just curious. He was what 1/4/ mile away? wow. Just sucks. Feel horrible for his family.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-05, 15:07

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:A nineteen year old bystander was hit and killed by a flying canister roughly a quarter mile from the scene.

This scares me about myself.  You guys too. I guarantee you 90% of us, if we were near there, we stop and take a look.  I was looking from my deck at the sky and listening.  Hell, when it''s tornado weather and my wife is screaming to get in the basement, I'm looking at the color of the sky.  Just dumb shit I guess.

That 19 year old kid.  Just curious. He was what 1/4/ mile away?   wow.  Just sucks.  Feel horrible for his family.

No chance I stick around if I know what’s in the plant, and if I don’t but I see shrapnel flying around, I’m getting the hell out of there. Tornados are different. I’m standing there with you with both of us looking at the sky like a dumbasses.

Edit: a quarter-mile really isn’t that far away.

Edit2: or maybe it is. I’m bad with distances.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-05, 15:11

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

This scares me about myself.  You guys too. I guarantee you 90% of us, if we were near there, we stop and take a look.  I was looking from my deck at the sky and listening.  Hell, when it''s tornado weather and my wife is screaming to get in the basement, I'm looking at the color of the sky.  Just dumb shit I guess.

That 19 year old kid.  Just curious. He was what 1/4/ mile away?   wow.  Just sucks.  Feel horrible for his family.

No chance I stick around if I know what’s in the plant, and if I don’t but I see shrapnel flying around, I’m getting the hell out of there. Tornados are different. I’m standing there with you with both of us looking at the sky like a dumbasses.

Edit: a quarter-mile really isn’t that far away.

Edit2: or maybe it is. I’m bad with distances.

It is and yet it isn't. As a passenger in a car, it's obviously nothing. As a baseball hit by Miguel Cabrera in his prime, it's like 3x that distance.

Nobody wakes up thinking I'm going to be plunked by a baseball on the fly from 1300 feet away.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-03-05, 15:12

DWags wrote:

This scares me about myself. You guys too. I guarantee you 90% of us, if we were near there, we stop and take a look. I was looking from my deck at the sky and listening. Hell, when it''s tornado weather and my wife is screaming to get in the basement, I'm looking at the color of the sky. Just dumb shit I guess.

That 19 year old kid. Just curious. He was what 1/4/ mile away? wow. Just sucks. Feel horrible for his family.

That's why you always get the max or ultra phone. Protects you more from flying objects while you're staring at it.

Srsly though DWags, true story.... Our house actually got hit with a tornado a few years back (spoiler alert, all good). The thing is coming in the middle of the night with no warning except an electrical glitch and a light sleeping wife. We corral the girls and head to the basement. I pause and stand in front of the sliding glass door and remark out loud while staring for 10 seconds that "I've never seen a tree bend like that before."

That's now one of our favorite house quotes.

Put me in the starer column.

Yes, we lost 13 mature trees and had some minor house damage. No one in the neighborhood or the miles-long path was hurt.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

The Pantry, tGreenWay, DWags and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-05, 15:16

Rick Saunders wrote:
DWags wrote:

That's why you always get the max or ultra phone. Protects you more from flying objects while you're staring at it.

Srsly though DWags, true story.... Our house actually got hit with a tornado a few years back (spoiler alert, all good). The thing is coming in the middle of the night with no warning except an electrical glitch and a light sleeping wife. We corral the girls and head to the basement. I pause and stand in front of the sliding glass door and remark out loud while staring for 10 seconds that "I've never seen a tree bend like that before."

Yes, we lost 13 mature trees and had some minor house damage. No one in the neighborhood or the miles-long path was hurt.

See, that’s how we’re different. I’m not standing in front of an all glass patio door that could cut me to shreds, but I’ll stand outside and get impaled by a branch or decspitated by a flying hub cap or street sign. Gotta play the odds.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-05, 15:17

And by the way, congrats on having your house disaster-proofed. Almost no chance any shit will ever happen to that place again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-05, 15:18

Rick Saunders wrote:
DWags wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 10 502811600

yes, that is indeed my biggest fear. I'm that dumb ass. That exact dumb ass. Staring, and actually probably telling family members to " come over here and look at this". I think greenway is kind of right, if it's exploding shit and shit flying, I'd take off. However, it was at night, I'm guessing onlookers didn't see a lot of the shrapnel flying around. I have no doubt 19 year old dwags would be standing looking. 62 year old? Probably not. But remember I just jumped a fucking woodpile 7 weeks ago. No promises.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-05, 15:35

DWags wrote:

Truly random, awful death. To be in exactly the wrong place at exactly the wrong time. If he'd been maybe a couple feet in any direction from where he was, might have only shit his pants.

Been thinking about stuff like this since my niece was killed in a freak accident on I-10. She was the only one in the van to die. Even a few milliseconds plus or minus might have made a difference. On the other hand, the plus/minus might have meant someone else in the van died. Half or full second either way...maybe the asshole driving the other vehicle (crossing the median in a drug-haze) would have plowed into a semi and deservedly offed himself.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-05, 16:38

Prediction: Someone is going to prison.

Clinton Twp. officials: Fire, explosion site shouldn't have had butane, nitrous canisters

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2024/03/05/clinton-township-fire-explosion-butane-nitrous/72851330007/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-05, 17:18

tGreenWay wrote:Prediction: Someone is going to prison.

Clinton Twp. officials: Fire, explosion site shouldn't have had butane, nitrous canisters

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2024/03/05/clinton-township-fire-explosion-butane-nitrous/72851330007/

Whoa. WTF. Yep. possible 2nd degree murder. (I'm guessing at the degree maybe it's 3rd degree where you cause someone's death while committing and illegal act.)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-05, 18:11

Doubt the place was selling nitrous to dentists. More likely recreational inhaling and/or car tuners.

College GF's family moved around a lot due to her dad's job. He was a good dude in automotive. Got a job near Findlay, OH as a plant manager. Drove down there a few times.

GF worked a couple restaurants as a server during summers. Small town, she got all the poop on parties. Ended up going to one at a farm...crazy shit. Helium makes your voice get squeaky/high-pitched when inhaled. Some folks at the party were inhaling freon...makes voices go opposite that of helium. Got back in the car ASAP and got out of there.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-05, 19:05

Bit ironic news from October...

Nitrous oxide bill approved by Michigan Senate
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-05, 19:26

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Prediction: Someone is going to prison.

Whoa. WTF. Yep. possible 2nd degree murder. (I'm guessing at the degree maybe it's 3rd degree where you cause someone's death while committing and illegal act.)

Not a lawyer, so I don’t know if prosecutors would be able to charge 2nd degree murder because I don’t know the definition of it in Michigan.
However, I don’t think our state has a 3rd degree murder, unless you’re referring to voluntary or involuntary manslaughter. My first thought is criminally negligent homicide, which carries a stronger sentence than manslaughter and might be to what you were referring.
Also shocked by the size and design of those knives from the freep story. Those look scary deadly. Imagine one of those whizzing by your head last night.

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Img_7510
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-03-06, 07:38

tGreenWay wrote:And by the way, congrats on having your house disaster-proofed. Almost no chance any shit will ever happen to that place again.

That's going to be one of the big selling points.
Random Ramblings - Page 10 1439307375_2
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-03-07, 22:57

WTF

Many Chiefs fans who suffered frostbite at bitter cold playoff game need amputations

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The medical director at the Grossman Burn Center at Research Medical Center says 70% of patients referred for frostbite injuries suffered during the bitter cold in January are now being advised to schedule amputations.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-08, 04:26

Class action lawsuit against the Chiefs, the NFL, and the Network that televised the game in 3… 2…. 1….
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-08, 09:02

tGreenWay wrote:Class action lawsuit against the Chiefs, the NFL, and the Network that televised the game in 3… 2…. 1….

Don’t forget the beer companies who advertised having a great time so lit convinced them to take their shirts off after drinking their fine nectar.

I’m pretty sure this will be everyone’s fault except their own.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-08, 14:37

pretty cool view from a plane.

[tw]1764351281525596200?s=20[/tw]
DWags
DWags