Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 7 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 11:37

Turtleneck wrote:
By-Tor wrote:Last Chance U was so good.   I loved when the coach made Ollie roll the length of the field for missing class.  

I thought it was really good, but...

1) The coach needs to remember no matter how good his teams are, it is JuCo ball. It ranks below high school football on the list of things football fans care about. He kind of thinks he is Nick Saban. He sort of remindeds me of that egomaniac from that Alabama high school MTV used to cover.
2) The coach is an asshole. He is getting in physical altercations with officials, trying to fights officials, then goes off on his team when they get in a bench clearing brawl. They are only following the example he sets.
3) I really appreciate the job that the academic advisor did with the players. She is incredibly committed to, and invested in, their success. But I also think there was too much coddling going on to make sure they get passing grades. No way that coddling exists at a their next stop. Nobody is going to be chasing them down making sure they have a pen or pencil and are prepared for the day.

But still really good. Would like to hear what others have to say.

It's cringeworthy, funny, and sad all rolled into one. I'm only four episodes in, but I have time to knock out the last two tonight I think.

The backup running back sneaking onto the kickoff team and returning a TD and then the OC saying he'll take credit for that was pretty hilarious.

The coach is kind of a bully/clown. He doesn't seem to give a shit about his players as evident when you see him talking shit about that Ollie kid after a concussion.

The councilor chick is the star of the show. She really cares about these kids and works her ass off trying to keep them eligible. She was kinda naive though when she was lecturing the QB about hooking up with some random chick and then never planning on calling her again. "Why would I want to be in a relationship? I'm out of here in a few months." Exactly. 

I hear the last two episodes are pretty insane. Looking forward to it. And also the hottie councilor chick in some more tight skirts.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 7 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 11:40

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 12:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

Nice bump, Bob!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 12:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

Nice bump, Bob!
thanks man.. I aim to please!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 15:30

DWags wrote:Last chance U. Watch this now.

Just finished Episode 1. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Scooba, MS.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 16:12

If I have to hear this motherfucker talk about how he went to Florida State one more time....
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 16:20

Clarett's Folly wrote:If I have to hear this motherfucker talk about how he went to Florida State one more time....

That guy and the hottie councilor were the only ones with their shit together. Everyone else was fucking up in one way or another.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 16:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:If I have to hear this motherfucker talk about how he went to Florida State one more time....

That guy and the hottie councilor were the only ones with their shit together. Everyone else was fucking up in one way or another.

I'd bet this coach is crooked as hell. Which I can't blame. If I were coaching JUCO ball I'd be paying recruits like crazy because, who cares?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 14:57

Apparently Junior College in Mississippi is 13th and 14th grade. I mean, to a degree, this is true for every JuCo across the country but, shit, they've got homecoming with homecoming courts and theme weeks and all manner of bullshit. This is surreal.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 15:28

I'm watching Orange is the New Black. I find it entertaining. More than I thought I would.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 15:31

InTenSity wrote:I'm watching Orange is the New Black. I find it entertaining. More than I thought I would.

It's solid. Second season wasn't as good. I eventually lost interest.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 15:33

InTenSity wrote:I'm watching Orange is the New Black. I find it entertaining. More than I thought I would.

There's 4 seasons now...I'm almost done with 1.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 15:35

They should have ended the series with the bus plowing, it was perfect. I made it through season three but have no interest in four.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 16:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:

They should have ended the series with the bus plowing, it was perfect. I made it through season three but have no interest in four.

Same. I got about 2 or three episodes into season 3 and gave up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 16:16

Just finished season 2 of Narcos. Fucking solid. I wonder if they'll attempt a 3rd season.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 16:21

There will be a season 3. I think it has good potential with the Cali cartel taking over.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 16:30

Clarett's Folly wrote:Apparently Junior College in Mississippi is 13th and 14th grade. I mean, to a degree, this is true for every JuCo across the country but, shit, they've got homecoming with homecoming courts and theme weeks and all manner of bullshit. This is surreal.

Wait till you get to their last game. Mesmerizing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 16:40

Tim Wakefield wrote:There will be a season 3. I think it has good potential with the Cali cartel taking over.

Escobar was so fucking brutal. It made for good tv. Wasn't the Cali cartel a lot less ruthless? It'll be a definite shift from the 1st two seasons.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 16:55

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Apparently Junior College in Mississippi is 13th and 14th grade. I mean, to a degree, this is true for every JuCo across the country but, shit, they've got homecoming with homecoming courts and theme weeks and all manner of bullshit. This is surreal.

Wait till you get to their last game. Mesmerizing.

Ron Ollie is great. Kids like him make me want to coach again.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 17:12

Nearing the end of narcos s2 as well. Loved the ambush.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Fri 30 Sep 2016 - 13:12

This Amanda Knox documentary is pretty good. Perugia, Italy is like the Manitowoc, WI of Europe.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri 30 Sep 2016 - 13:14

Luke Cage
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun 2 Oct 2016 - 22:23

Just watched the last 5 episodes of Narcos. Thought I'd share that. Not sure what to think.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 12:10

InTenSity wrote:Just watched the last 5 episodes of Narcos. Thought I'd share that. Not sure what to think.

Netflix will have Narco's season 3 based on post Pablo Escobar Columbia/US "help".

Hence the ambiguous exit interview.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 13:30

GRR Spartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Just watched the last 5 episodes of Narcos. Thought I'd share that. Not sure what to think.

Netflix will have Narco's season 3 based on post Pablo Escobar Columbia/US "help".

Hence the ambiguous exit interview.
They were definitely setting up the Cali Cartel plotline. They did a good job calling it Narcos and not Escobar or something like that.
Spoilers -
Discussion of ending:
Here's a link to Pablo's son listing off 28 things that the show got wrong.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 8 Oct 2016 - 19:39

Watching London Has Fallen, a lot of shit blowing up. Just what the doctor ordered.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 8 Oct 2016 - 19:40

Watch kill zone 2. With Tony jaa.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 8 Oct 2016 - 20:34

I like House of Doyle. A comedy detective show that's set n St. Johns Newfoundland with a bunch of Newfies in the cast.

Inspector Morse is good but they are saying it goes away 16 Oct.

Luke Cage a new Netflix original is surprising good.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 19:44

Clarett's Folly wrote:This Amanda Knox documentary is pretty good. Perugia, Italy is like the Manitowoc, WI of Europe.

I'll second. If you like messed up murder stuff, watch it.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 19:48

Actually that is not true.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 20:01

I haven't checked. Is Netflix even working now, you know, onnacount of the global hack on the internets?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 18:47

The Gene Cernan documentary 'The Last Man on the Moon' is pretty good.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 20:05

3rd season of Black Mirror. Intense shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 20:41

The movie Siege of Jadotville is a pretty interesting story of the first UN peacekeeping mission in the Congo in 1962. It wasn't very peaceful.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:06

For you space junkies, just watched a four part series on the space race by the BBC. Highly recommend
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:06

Floyd Robertson wrote:The movie Siege of Jadotville is a pretty interesting story of the first UN peacekeeping mission in the Congo in 1962. It wasn't very peaceful.

I'll give it a watch. Thanks.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:07

InTenSity wrote:Watch kill zone 2. With Tony jaa.

Thanks. I shall
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 20:25

Tanfan! wrote:For you space junkies, just watched a four part series on the space race by the BBC. Highly recommend

Added that to my list.

If you want a character to hate, check out Big Eyes with Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 25 Nov 2016 - 1:12

Bump what do we got swill movie or show
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 25 Nov 2016 - 8:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bump what do we got swill movie or show

Watch the very last episode of Black Mirror, or the one called White Bear. Each episode it basically it's own short movie so you don't have to watch them in order.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next