Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 8 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-25, 08:31

Check out Goliath on Amazon prime.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 8 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-30, 09:50

Netflix Is Finally Allowing You To Download Their Shows And Movies
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-11-30, 11:43

The Last Kingdom is a well done Netflix series about Wessex, the last of the 7 Kingdoms in England to hold out against the Danish invasion, and their King, King Alfred.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-03, 16:10

What’s coming & going on Netflix in December 2016
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-02, 06:06

The OA. Just watch it. It's kind of like an adult version of Stranger Things. I'm four episodes in.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-01-03, 14:02

The_Dude wrote:The Last Kingdom is a well done Netflix series about Wessex, the last of the 7 Kingdoms in England to hold out against the Danish invasion, and their King, King Alfred.

The books are great as well. I've listened to all of them including the latest which was just released.

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-01-03, 14:03

Upstream Color is an amazing film by the same guy who did Primer. Available to stream from Netflix.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-03, 14:08

The Expanse on Amazon Prime Instant Video was pretty good. Check it out if you like Sci-Fi series.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-03, 14:15

Just discovered what looks to be a pretty great series now available on Amazon prime called The Wire. I don't think many people knew about it during its run. I've only seen the pilot episode, but I've got a good feeling about these things.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-03, 14:22

tGreenWay wrote:Just discovered what looks to be a pretty great series now available on Amazon prime called The Wire. I don't think many people knew about it during its run. I've only seen the pilot episode, but I've got a good feeling about these things.  

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-03, 14:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Just discovered what looks to be a pretty great series now available on Amazon prime called The Wire. I don't think many people knew about it during its run. I've only seen the pilot episode, but I've got a good feeling about these things.  

Hey, what a coincidence! I think that guy shows up in the series. In fact, I like his work so much I'm thinking of using him as the spokesperson in my newest business venture touting the health benefits of wearing copper infused socks and other articles of clothing. I'm calling it: Joey Copper. Cool, huh?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-01-03, 14:36

AnomanderRake wrote:The Expanse on Amazon Prime Instant Video was pretty good. Check it out if you like Sci-Fi series.

Audible books were fantastic.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-04, 14:29

The_Dude wrote:The Last Kingdom is a well done Netflix series about Wessex, the last of the 7 Kingdoms in England to hold out against the Danish invasion, and their King, King Alfred.

I've had that saved on my Netflix list for months and never fired it up because I skeptical. Watched the first two episodes last night I was pretty blown away at the story and quality of it. I'm also totally pissed that they killed my favorite character in the first episode, although I get that it necessary for the story line.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-01-13, 09:50

In Order of Disappearance.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-01-13, 12:34

I'm sure this was posted before, but the hubby and I got into shameless over Christmas time. We're in the 3rd season now and love it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-01-13, 12:47

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Hey, what a coincidence!  I think that guy shows up in the series. In fact, I like his work so much I'm thinking of using him as the spokesperson in my newest business venture touting the health benefits of wearing copper infused socks and other articles of clothing. I'm calling it: Joey Copper.  Cool, huh?
This guy can shine a little light on the series for you....
Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 8 Hqdefault
.....with a Cree LED bulb!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-01-13, 12:51

SeeRockCity wrote:In Order of Disappearance.

Lots of Norwegian shows lately.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-13, 13:40

Hulu has Chance and Shut Eye that are decent about 10 episodes each.
Beyond was also on Hulu. Decent sciFi but not great.

Goliath on Amazon surprising and I hope Sneaky Pete is the same. Man in The High Castle has kept my interest.

Netflix new one The Magicians looks interesting but haven't watched yet.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-02-05, 10:07

Schitz Creek. Two seasons now available via Amazon (didn't check Netflix). Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara in a reverse Beverly hills hillbilly scenario. First couple episodes are sketchy but it picks up and is worth watching.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2017-02-05, 12:38

The National Parks: America's Best Idea by Ken Burns
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Plax 2017-02-05, 14:25

The_Dude wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:In Order of Disappearance.

Lots of Norwegian shows lately.

IOoD is great. I've been digging another Scandinavian TV series called Thicker than Water. Very reminiscent of the Netflix series Bloodline in that it's a "family thriller" also set on a waterfront property.

It's not streaming in the US but one can watch it with Kodi/download it or if you use a VPN, you can watch it on a laptop through the BBC4 website.

I think the French/UK tv series, The Missing, is one of the best shows airing currently. The first season is streaming on Amazon Prime and the second season starts airing very soon on Starz. Second season Already aired, overseas so it's also available through nefarious channels. Excellent stuff.
Free Plax
Free Plax
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-05, 15:39

"Case" is an Icelandic series that was pretty good. Never thought I watch something from Iceland.

Dr. Foster is an interesting psycho//sexual thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-05, 16:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:"Case" is an Icelandic series that was pretty good. Never thought I watch something from Iceland.

It had to be done:
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-02-05, 18:06

Binge watched Sneaky Pete this weekend. Very good. Ending was pretty meh, just like every other show, but didn't ruin the show at all.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Plax 2017-02-05, 19:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:"Case" is an Icelandic series that was pretty good. Never thought I watch something from Iceland.

Trapped is another great "Nordic Noir" series from Iceland. It's about to start airing on Viceland but also available through other, more nefarious options.

It's created by Baltasar Kormákur who has directed Contraband, Everest and a couple good Icelandic thrillers. Stars Olafur Darri Ólafsson, great character actor who you'd know from True Detective, A Walk Among the Tombstones, The BFG, amongst others. He's also in the second season The Missing which I recommended above.
Free Plax
Free Plax
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-06, 19:50

Free Plax wrote:

Trapped is another great "Nordic Noir" series from Iceland. It's about to start airing on Viceland but also available through other, more nefarious options.

It's created by Baltasar Kormákur who has directed Contraband, Everest and a couple  good Icelandic thrillers. Stars Olafur Darri Ólafsson, great character actor who you'd know from True Detective, A Walk Among the Tombstones, The BFG, amongst others. He's also in the second season The Missing which I recommended above.

Thanks for the heads up on those, hadn't heard of them.

Have you watched Nobel on Netflix yet? About 3/4 done and it's a pretty good one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Plax 2017-02-07, 15:49

Looking forward to I Don't Feel at Home in this World. It's a film that Netflix bought and will start streaming on February 24th. Written and directed by the actor, Macon Blair. Blair played the main character in Blue Ruin and had a role in Green Room, as well. Here's the trailer...

https://youtu.be/a891D5_bGY4
Free Plax
Free Plax
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-08, 10:56

I've been working my way through "The People vs. OJ Simpson" on Netflix. Cuba Gooding Jr. isn't a very convincing OJ Simpson, but the story and the acting are pretty solid.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-24, 22:40

Inside Job. Think of The Big Short in documentary form. The whole mortgage system is rigged. Deregulation has allowed massive corruption and it's only a matter of time before we go though the 2008 meltdown again.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-02-27, 14:35

For WBH and Dwags. I hear they have been leaky lately...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016ETQP8G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1488224054&sr=8-1&keywords=depends+for+men
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-02-27, 17:30

Not sure if already mentioned but I watched the people vs oj and it was amazing. The case is fascinating and this show just takes you to every tiny detail. Has anyone read a good book on the case?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-08, 19:56

Fortitude on Amazon. Small village in the arctic circle of 763 inhabitants has never experienced violent crime, until now. Stanley Tucci is pretty good.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-03-09, 08:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Inside Job. Think of The Big Short in documentary form. The whole mortgage system is rigged. Deregulation has allowed massive corruption and it's only a matter of time before we go though the 2008 meltdown again.
I knew it was a bad sign when I heard that smug smurf David Hall on the radio and TV again.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 12:01

Blanch isn't good at webs and is asking if anyone has seen "Love", I have not and probably will not ever.

Second, a piece of history I've always liked studying was the Prohibition era and SIAP but Ken Burns did a good job on this three piece documentary for PBS thats on Netflix.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-24, 12:04

MattyFresh wrote:Blanch isn't good at webs and is asking if anyone has seen "Love", I have not and probably will not ever.

Second, a piece of history I've always liked studying was the Prohibition era and SIAP but Ken Burns did a good job on this three piece documentary for PBS thats on Netflix.

*lov3

That show looks so bad, not shocking Blanch watches it. He probably wishes he had a chick as hot as Gillian Jacobs.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-03-31, 10:27

Just watched The People vs. OJ

Schmaltzy, made-for-tv, pop culture glory. Proving that the worst aspects of Hollywood can still entertain.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-02, 15:11

Mental Floss‏Verified account @mental_floss 17m17 minutes ago
More
10 Addictive British Reality Shows You Should Stream Right Now — http://bit.ly/2mQTwaY
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Stymie2000 2017-04-03, 08:47

Pontypool. Very good claustrophobic horror film. Sadly the ending disappointed but a unique concept more than makes up for the ending.
Stymie2000
Stymie2000
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-04-03, 18:58

Friday Night Tykes
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-06, 09:47

The new Louis CK standup is pretty damn funny. Better than Oh My God.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next