Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville

+18
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
aualum06
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
Dr. Strangelove
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
DWags
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
22 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 Empty Re: OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-27, 23:03

Brad Davidson from Wisconsin just drew his 4th charge of the game. Fuck you wiscy and that guy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 Empty Re: OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-27, 23:08

I find I enjoy games a lot more and feel a lot better about the outcome watching without social media. Go figure. OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 502811600
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-27, 23:17

We choked so hard. Loyer missed free throw. Goins missed free throw. Langford throwing the ball away.

41 free throws. Gross!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-27, 23:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We choked so hard. Loyer missed free throw. Goins missed free throw. Langford throwing the ball away.

41 free throws. Gross!
Where the hell were you???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-27, 23:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We choked so hard. Loyer missed free throw. Goins missed free throw. Langford throwing the ball away.

41 free throws. Gross!

Goings just had an eye gouged so I’ll let him off the hook for the miss.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-11-27, 23:44

Can we start calling him Go-Ins you guys? I’m not going to stop asking all season until you just give in so you should just start now.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-11-27, 23:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I find I enjoy games a lot more and feel a lot better about the outcome watching without social media. Go figure. OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 502811600

So very true. The meltdowns and ridiculous takes are unbearable.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-27, 23:57

The swill threads aren’t so bad, in my opinion...the two smartest guys in the room^. Can’t let a message board impact your feelings too much.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-11-27, 23:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The swill threads aren’t so bad, in my opinion...the two smartest guys in the room^. Can’t let a message board impact your feelings too much.
Are you saying that you will or won’t start calling him Go-Ins? I feel like we’re on to something big here.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-28, 00:04

I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T. S-M-R-T.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-11-28, 01:23

Dumb question... Couldn't we have sub'ed Gions out and have someone else take FT if he is injured/couldn't see? I assume they would of had to be on the floor. Almost looked like the refs were trying suggest it. His eye was literally changing color while he was at the line.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-28, 02:44

I think this is a quality loss. I believe we need a number of quality losses in that quadrant to be a number one seed. But I’m not sure about the formula.

Anyway, good loss. This should help us with the committee.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-28, 02:59

Nordic wrote:Dumb question... Couldn't we have sub'ed Gions out and have someone else take FT if he is injured/couldn't see? I assume they would of had to be on the floor. Almost looked like the refs were trying suggest it. His eye was literally changing color while he was at the line.

Louisville gets to pick the shooter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-11-28, 05:12

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:Dumb question... Couldn't we have sub'ed Gions out and have someone else take FT if he is injured/couldn't see? I assume they would of had to be on the floor. Almost looked like the refs were trying suggest it. His eye was literally changing color while he was at the line.

That's some perverted rules logic. Let's poke the best FT shooter's eyes out (not Goins, just an illustration) and make them sub in the worst.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-28, 05:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

That's some perverted rules logic. Let's poke the best FT shooter's eyes out (not Goins, just an illustration) and make them sub in the worst.

I think they get to pick from the players on the floor. But yeah. Seems weird.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-28, 06:06

I have a dumb follow up question. How come a play like that wasn’t reviewed for a potential flagrant foul? On the replay it looked as bad as the plays where I’ve seen a player get hit with an elbow. The Louisville player gouged the eye and then hammered him. There was two fouls on the play.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-28, 06:22

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It’s just total crap, man. Need to go back to how it used to be, man. Hey, is that freedom rock? Well then turn it up, man.
It's not a great product. I can barely watch msu and I don't watch any rando game anymore. Only watch Walton called games outside of the Spartans

Agreed. I have zero interest in any other games besides MSU. Also the ncaa looks the other way and has a different rule book for all the cheating renegade acc programs. UNC grade scandal nothing. Louisville recruiting scandal still investigating. Ncaa will never touch duke. Don’t even get me going about the University of Miami.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-28, 06:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The swill threads aren’t so bad, in my opinion...the two smartest guys in the room^. Can’t let a message board impact your feelings too much.

There’s a lot of hot take shaming these days and everytime I see it I’m inspired to say more.

***WARNING*** I’m going to have a hot take this afternoon critical of the men’s basketball team that you won’t want to miss.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-11-28, 06:39

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

The flip side is that is that it is even easier for the fouled player (if he's not a good FT shooter) to fake an injury if his own team can then pick their best to take the FTs
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-28, 06:41

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

The flip side is that is that it is even easier for the fouled player (if he's not a good FT shooter) to fake an injury if his own team can then pick their best to take the FTs

Ahhh. Now it makes sense.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-11-28, 07:16

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

OK, that's a good counterpoint. But, but, but...when the video replay clearly shows a player getting poked in the eye by the opponent...the rule should favor the fouled team.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-11-28, 08:42

I was only able to watch the 2nd half - my thoughts:

- MSU showed some heart coming back, down double-digits, two games in a row. Couldn't quite get over the hump on this one.

- maybe a bit more concerning is having to come back when down double-digits two games in a row.

- I'll give Loyer a pass on the missed free throw. Freshman a few games into his MSU career, hostile environment, a lot of pressure with Winston out, etc.

- the turnover by Langford is almost inexcusable - just as I'm willing to give Loyer a pass on the missed FT, gotta expect a bit more from the experienced captains.

- some bizarre fouls called - on both teams.

- XAVIER - HOLD ONTO THE BALL AND HIT A LAY UP!!!

- Dakich is unlistenable - and I'm not saying that in a "his kid played at UM" sort of way - the guy is just so low rent... not professional, offers no insight - not sure how he got an ESPN gig.

overall, it was a bit disappointing. Yeah, it was a road game in a hostile place against a good team... and, yeah, it was, what.. the 3rd game in 5 days for these guys.. but, heck, they're kids - they should be able to bounce back after a little rest. More than anything I was a bit disappointed that a upperclassman-laden team looked like a bunch of freshman or still-wet-behind-the-ears sophomores at times.

I suspect MSU will grow from this. Certainly not a bad loss... come March, I don't think we'll all be looking back saying "well, the Big Ten/ACC Challenge is when the wheels began falling off".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-28, 09:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was only able to watch the 2nd half - my thoughts:

- MSU showed some heart coming back, down double-digits, two games in a row. Couldn't quite get over the hump on this one.

- maybe a bit more concerning is having to come back when down double-digits two games in a row.

- I'll give Loyer a pass on the missed free throw. Freshman a few games into his MSU career, hostile environment, a lot of pressure with Winston out, etc.

- the turnover by Langford is almost inexcusable - just as I'm willing to give Loyer a pass on the missed FT, gotta expect a bit more from the experienced captains.

- Dakich is unlistenable - and I'm not saying that in a "his kid played at UM" sort of way - the guy is just so low rent... not professional, offers no insight - not sure how he got an ESPN gig.

overall, it was a bit disappointing. Yeah, it was a road game in a hostile place against a good team... and, yeah, it was, what.. the 3rd game in 5 days for these guys.. but, heck, they're kids - they should be able to bounce back after a little rest. More than anything I was a bit disappointed that a upperclassman-laden team looked like a bunch of freshman or still-wet-behind-the-ears sophomores at times.

I suspect MSU will grow from this. Certainly not a bad loss... come March, I don't think we'll all be looking back saying "well, the Big Ten/ACC Challenge is when the wheels began falling off".

Sports recap Bob is the best Bob.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-11-28, 09:25

Only one minor critique of this fine assessment.

- XAVIER - HOLD ONTO THE BALL, GO UP STRONG AND SLAM IT!!!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-11-28, 09:25

Two plays bug me from last night. FTs will be missed whatever. Happens all the time all over the world. Ain’t worried about that. 1. The Langford turnover. He purposely didn’t pass it to Loyer when he first got possession then dribbled himself to the sideline, spazzed out and threw the ball away. We had a TO available too if he felt trapped then call it. But I didn’t like the fact that he decided to dribble the ball instead of giving it up to the PG on the floor.
2. Tillman’s miss. Completely changed OT. He’s been a lot inconsistent so far this year.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-11-28, 09:26

Now THIS is what a good staff writer does!
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-28, 09:27

By-Tor wrote:Two plays bug me from last night. FTs will be missed whatever. Happens all the time all over the world. Ain’t worried about that. 1. The Langford turnover. He purposely didn’t pass it to Loyer when he first got possession then dribbled himself to the sideline, spazzed out and threw the ball away. We had a TO available too if he felt trapped then call it. But I didn’t like the fact that he decided to dribble the ball instead of giving it up to the PG on the floor.
2. Tillman’s miss. Completely changed OT. He’s been a lot inconsistent so far this year.

Tillman has been pretty disappointing so far this season, but without him last night we don't even make it to overtime.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-11-28, 09:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
By-Tor wrote:Two plays bug me from last night. FTs will be missed whatever. Happens all the time all over the world. Ain’t worried about that. 1. The Langford turnover. He purposely didn’t pass it to Loyer when he first got possession then dribbled himself to the sideline, spazzed out and threw the ball away. We had a TO available too if he felt trapped then call it. But I didn’t like the fact that he decided to dribble the ball instead of giving it up to the PG on the floor.

Tillman has been pretty disappointing so far this season, but without him last night we don't even make it to overtime.

What happened to that kids hands? Last year I thought they were the strongest part of his game.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-28, 09:30

duffy munn wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

What happened to that kids hands? Last year I thought they were the strongest part of his game.

Maybe more responsibility is getting to him. I dunno. OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 2599972566
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-28, 09:35

I have a different take on Loyer’s freethrow. Pretty disappointing he didn’t hit it. Ninety percent free throw shooter and he bricks it. Also, he turned into a complete hack on d and through the game Louisville was able to make two step back 3 pointers over him with ease. He wasn’t tall enough to cover Louisville with their size advantage. .
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-11-28, 09:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Maybe more responsibility is getting to him. I dunno. OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 2599972566

Yeah I guess this could explain part of it. But damn it man squeeze the basketball.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-28, 09:36

I'm pleased knowing that from this point on, I will not have to watch the games if I have other things to do. Just gonna read the greatest staff writers summary from here on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-28, 09:36

steveschneider wrote:I have a different take on Loyer’s freethrow. Pretty disappointing he didn’t hit it. Ninety percent free throw shooter and he bricks it. Also, he turned into a complete hack on d and through the game Louisville was able to make two step back 3 pointers over him with ease. He wasn’t tall enough to cover Louisville with their size advantage. .

If you keep talking about Loyer like this I may join with Cameron.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-28, 09:38

duffy munn wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yeah, last year he seemed to have soft hands. I think it's probably SSS but we'll see. He's still my favorite kid on this team.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-11-28, 09:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Sports recap Bob is the best Bob.
OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-11-28, 09:52

duffy munn wrote:

Now THIS is what a good staff writer does!
thanks - I have my moments. OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-11-28, 09:56

DWags wrote:

I'm pleased knowing that from this point on, I will not have to watch the games if I have other things to do. Just gonna read the greatest staff writers summary from here on.
OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 1966794946

(truth be known, I only watched the 2nd half because my lovely wife was watching some godforsaken Hallmark Christmas movie during the first half and I didn't feel like sequestering myself in another room for the game).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-11-28, 10:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yeah, dude is proud of his jacked physique on twitter, but he seems to loose the ball a lot in the paint. Squeeze MFKR.

That said, "Just a sophomore..." in my best Kieth Jackson impersonation. He will shine by the time he is a Sr... Now he just has to finish the simple things. In crunch time, he blew it twice last night.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-11-28, 10:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 1966794946

(truth be known, I only watched the 2nd half because my lovely wife was watching some godforsaken Hallmark Christmas movie during the first half and I didn't feel like sequestering myself in another room for the game).

This is sad.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-28, 10:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:OTPT laces 'em up (& gets a funky haircut) to lead the McQuaidless Spartans & kick Louisville - Page 5 1966794946

This is sad.

I never thought I'd see the day that our Bob admitted publicly that he was whipped.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next