Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-04-07, 21:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm rewatching the Wire from the beginning.
So good....

I'm finishing The outsider ... As I remember from the book.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Nordic 2020-04-07, 22:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:In other news, wow, I am blown away by how good this season is of BCS. If you don't agree something is wrong with you. Sepinwall said it best today. The overall story and the action may not be as great as it was in BB, but these guys have come so far in terms of actual storytelling vs back then and they're way better at it today.

Watching E7 now. I was a little worried after E1, but it straightened out after that and has been solid. BCS > BB IMO. But I also got into BB late, so I'm biased.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-07, 22:39

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:In other news, wow, I am blown away by how good this season is of BCS. If you don't agree something is wrong with you. Sepinwall said it best today. The overall story and the action may not be as great as it was in BB, but these guys have come so far in terms of actual storytelling vs back then and they're way better at it today.

Watching E7 now. I was a little worried after E1, but it straightened out after that and has been solid. BCS > BB IMO. But I also got into BB late, so I'm biased.

I think I agree with this. BB probably started my series binging trend. I am a bit more nuanced in terms of how I watch stuff now so the details are important.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-07, 23:03

Which season? I just finished 4.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-08, 02:27

It really has been excellent. Still a little pissed there’s only two episodes left in this season, then we have to wait until February of next year. Seriously, WTF? Vince Gilligan needs to get off his ass and start writing so there’s double the number of episodes next year. I mean, fuck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-08, 09:39

tGreenWay wrote:

It really has been excellent. Still a little pissed there’s only two episodes left in this season, then we have to wait until February of next year. Seriously, WTF? Vince Gilligan needs to get off his ass and start writing so there’s double the number of episodes next year. I mean, fuck.

As much as I like the show, this season better have some resolution to at least one major storyline: Lalo or Wexler. If neither gets resolved I'm going to be annoyed with the pace of the show.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-08, 12:29

wife and I are watching The Outsider. It's not really my genre and I can't decide if I like it or not, even though we just finished episode 8 of 10.

Cynthia Erivo is great.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-08, 15:22

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

As much as I like the show, this season better have some resolution to at least one major storyline: Lalo or Wexler. If neither gets resolved I'm going to be annoyed with the pace of the show.

Gotta figure we’re about to find out what happens to Kim.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-08, 15:27

Watched Yesterday and The Last Skywalker last week.
Yesterday was a cute little film. It is what it is, but it does remind you just how talented the Beatles were.
Skywalker was pretty good. I must’ve missed at least one of the previous movies because there were a couple of things that I wasn’t aware of, but nothing that kept me wondering what was going on the entire time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-08, 15:33

tGreenWay wrote:Watched Yesterday and The Last Skywalker last week.
Yesterday was a cute little film. It is what it is, but it does remind you just how talented the Beatles were.
Skywalker was pretty good. I must’ve missed at least one of the previous movies because there were a couple of things that I wasn’t aware of, but nothing that kept me wondering what was going on the entire time.
You missed a lot with Star Wars, not even sure which movie you watched. Was it a cartoon? There is the Last Jedi, or Rise of the Skywalker.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-08, 16:07

InTenSity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Watched Yesterday and The Last Skywalker last week.
You missed a lot with Star Wars, not even sure which movie you watched. Was it a cartoon? There is the Last Jedi, or Rise of the Skywalker.

Definitely missed the Last Jedi. Without spoiling anything, there was something in this most recent Rise of Skywalker that must’ve happened in Last Jedi.
And I have a video converter that can make anything into cartoons or other filters. Rey is pretty hot in anime. Not so much in stop-action sepia tone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-04-08, 17:08

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Definitely missed the Last Jedi. Without spoiling anything, there was something in this most recent Rise of Skywalker that must’ve happened in Last Jedi.
And I have a video converter that can make anything into cartoons or other filters. Rey is pretty hot in anime. Not so much in stop-action sepia tone.

Even if you had seen them all, there was plenty in Rise of Skywalker that wasn't really explained in the movie. Lots of stuff cut for time, some stuff revealed in Fortnite rather than on screen, dumb shit like that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-08, 18:04

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Even if you had seen them all, there was plenty in Rise of Skywalker that wasn't really explained in the movie. Lots of stuff cut for time, some stuff revealed in Fortnite rather than on screen, dumb shit like that.

Fortnite? I had no idea. Guess I’ll let some things just slide on by.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-04-08, 19:17

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:

The return of Palpatine was revealed in some Fortnite tie-in. I don't know all the details, but it seemed very stupid to me when I heard about it.

I've seen a couple articles and youtube videos discussing how the novelization of the movie fleshes out some of the stuff they elided, but if it only exists in the novel, it might as well not exist at all. It was a haphazard and ill-conceived trilogy. I mostly blame Kathleen Kennedy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-08, 20:44

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The return of Palpatine was revealed in some Fortnite tie-in. I don't know all the details, but it seemed very stupid to me when I heard about it.

I've seen a couple articles and youtube videos discussing how the novelization of the movie fleshes out some of the stuff they elided, but if it only exists in the novel, it might as well not exist at all. It was a haphazard and ill-conceived trilogy. I mostly blame Kathleen Kennedy.

Synergy. Tie it all together and make more money.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-09, 14:02

One of kids homework assignments is to watch Saving Private Ryan. We took them to the D-Day beaches and cementary a few years ago. But they obv didn't comprehend the full scoop. Just fired it up. Fucking stocked.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-09, 14:36

Cranston!

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-09, 14:40

That’s a great scene.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-04-11, 01:49

Didn’t see that coming in ozark. It’s got a very very poor mans breaking bad feel to it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-11, 08:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Didn’t see that coming in ozark. It’s got a very very poor mans breaking bad feel to it.

EXACTLY what I thought. I’m on season 3 now. It’s started very good but has morphed into being completely unbelievable at this point. I mean c’mon. This shit isn’t even remotely possible. At least with BB you got a feel that there were elements that were genuine to the drug culture. Seriously though, a 19 year old trailer park chick helps run an empire while your 12 year old son launders money cause mommy asked him to? Please.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-04-11, 08:33

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Didn’t see that coming in ozark. It’s got a very very poor mans breaking bad feel to it.

EXACTLY what I thought. I’m on season 3 now. It’s started very good but has morphed into being completely unbelievable at this point. I mean c’mon. This shit isn’t even remotely possible. At least with BB you got a feel that there were elements that were genuine to the drug culture. Seriously though, a 19 year old trailer park chick helps run an empire while your 12 year old son launders money cause mommy asked him to? Please.

Yeah it’s headed in a cheap thrill every episode direction. Same bad path game of thrones went down. Fucking people with gold fish attention span ruining shows.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-11, 08:48

The kids like the new trolls movie. Just thought I'd throw that in here.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-11, 09:15

InTenSity wrote:The kids like the new trolls movie. Just thought I'd throw that in here.

Seems to me there used to be a site you could go to that gave a review of kids movies and let parents know if they would enjoy them or to prepare to be bored.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-11, 20:06

Angel Has Fallen is on Netflix. I love these movies. This one is not particularly good except for Nick Nolte. He kills it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-11, 22:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:Angel Has Fallen is on Netflix. I love these movies. This one is not particularly good except for Nick Nolte. He kills it.
Nick Nolte was in it? Was he the bad guy?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-11, 23:15

Nordic wrote:

Just finished E8. Holy shit. Best BCS episode yet?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-11, 23:38

Yes it was good. I'm still partial to the episode in I think S2 where Mike recounts how he got back at the corrupt Philly cops who did Matty.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-11, 23:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes it was good. I'm still partial to the episode in I think S2 where Mike recounts how he got back at the corrupt Philly cops who did Matty.

Yep. Was that also.the Chicago Sunroof episode?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-11, 23:44

I can't remember. I just remember thinking it was one of the best episodes of TV I've ever watched and one of the best acting performances in a TV show I'd ever seen.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-11, 23:59

This episode is top 5

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-12, 00:52

Couple of good nuggets about that.

1. That is the same guy who plays the lead in the most recent GTA. I think his name was Travis or something in GTA?
2. That is the same guy who conducted the 'dark ops' surveillance for Jimmay/Kimmay on Kevin a couple of episodes ago.
3. That guy is also in Westworld S1. I forget which character but I IMDB'd him and it was indeed him.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-12, 06:29

InTenSity wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Angel Has Fallen is on Netflix. I love these movies. This one is not particularly good except for Nick Nolte. He kills it.

Spoiler:
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-12, 11:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Spoiler:
Oh shit lol, didn't even realize it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-13, 22:28

God Damn. Giddy Up. Better Call Saul is insane! So good. Fuckin Wexler.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-04-13, 22:35

Tense af
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-13, 23:53

Bombshell was pretty good. The makeup work done on Charlize Theron was practically perfect in looking like Megyn Kelly. Margot Robbie is talented and drop dead gorgeous.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-14, 00:11

Bombshell was good. No way a few people here watch it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-14, 00:44

InTenSity wrote:Bombshell was good. No way a few people here watch it.

Yep.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-14, 09:08

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Bombshell was good. No way a few people here watch it.

Yep.
If you have Amazon Prime, there is a new movie, Late Night, that isn't too bad. Or maybe I just needed a change in type of movies I'm watching lol. Mindy Kaling is in it and I think she wrote it as well. It can be corny, but most movies are.
I started S3 of Westworld last night. Interesting to see where it goes. The 1st episode could be a whole new series. I'm sure my mind will be changed after a few more episodes.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-14, 23:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:God Damn. Giddy Up. Better Call Saul is insane! So good. Fuckin Wexler.

I wasn't a big fan of the E9

Spoiler:
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next