Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+26
Wally Fairway
Dendrobates
PennSpartan
Tim Wakefield
GRR Spartan
Trapper Gus
Other Teams Pursuing That
Motown Spartan
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
MSU addict
steveschneider
DWags
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
30 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-11, 21:05

Re: coaching early in the season vs coaching now- you know, sometimes it really is about players making plays. Could you imagine what we’d all be saying if Sewell drops that pass then they go on to lose? The coaching wouldn’t be any different though. It’s just that it worked. Any number of calls, hell going for the field goal instead of punting at the end was very reminiscent of the first Vikings game. But they made it this time, so it’s good coaching.

I dunno just something to noodle on.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by kingstonlake 2022-12-11, 21:15

The end of the first half was a head scratcher for me. They were extremely fortunate that Cook fumbled.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-11, 21:17

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-furious-with-missed-call-in-vikings-vs-lions/ar-AA15a3uG?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8ad806a1b116433c94796d1625b86b42
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-11, 21:33

Trapper Gus wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-furious-with-missed-call-in-vikings-vs-lions/ar-AA15a3uG?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8ad806a1b116433c94796d1625b86b42

After all the calls that have gone against the Lions over the years, a big meh here. The Lions are still owed a lot more favorite calls.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-11, 21:39

Heat Miser wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-furious-with-missed-call-in-vikings-vs-lions/ar-AA15a3uG?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8ad806a1b116433c94796d1625b86b42

After all the calls that have gone against the Lions over the years, a big meh here. The Lions are still owed a lot more favorite calls.

It would be better if the NFL would develop the technology were all the calls are correct.

Probably the linemen would need to learn how to play without holding, but so be it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-11, 22:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I hope the lions make a run for the sake of my family members that still watch them every Sunday. They deserve it.

Thank you OTPT
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-11, 23:13

I guess as a true outsider that really doesn’t care much a out the lions and, believing I kind of am not an idiot when it comes to football, I think y’all have had the ball pulled out from you way too many times. Most of you are pretty knowledgeable about football and you’re not idiots that get way too high or too low when it comes to wins and losses.

So, I’ll ask this: who has played better than the lions in the last month? You cant deny they are a top 4 or 5 team in the NFC. Further, had they not had some real dumb ass penalties at the beginning of the game this contest would have snow balled down hill fast for the Vikings and I’d say it would have been three td’s easy.

I don’t see where some of you are thinking get your ass handed to you in the playoffs. By who? Eagles? Vikings? Seattle? The team I’ve watched the past month doesn’t get their ass handed to them by anyone in the NFC. Underdogs sure but competitive definitely.

Caveat, they have to maintain health and if they do get into the playoffs, not have their assholes get to tight. But this team is pretty damn good. JMO
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-12, 02:40

lolwut?

[tw]1602049815034183682?s=46&t=37P65EFhrb_nMR-r6-kKxw[/tw]

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-12-12, 07:58

DWags wrote:I guess as a true outsider that really doesn’t care much a out the lions and, believing I kind of am not an idiot when it comes to football, I think y’all have had the ball pulled out from you way too many times. Most of you are pretty knowledgeable about football and you’re not idiots that get way too high or too low when it comes to  wins and losses.

So, I’ll ask this:  who has played better than the lions in the last month?  You cant deny they are a top 4 or 5 team in the NFC.  Further, had they not had some real dumb ass penalties at the beginning of the game this contest would have snow balled down hill fast for the Vikings and I’d say it would have been three td’s easy.

I don’t see where some of you are thinking get your ass handed to you in the playoffs. By who?  Eagles?  Vikings? Seattle?  The team I’ve watched the past month doesn’t get their ass handed to them by anyone in the NFC.  Underdogs sure but competitive definitely.

Caveat, they have to maintain health and if they do get into the playoffs, not have their assholes get to tight. But this team is pretty damn good.  JMO
Teams in the conference playing better than the Lions now IMO:

Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys - in that order.

I live in the Philly TV market so I watch them every Sunday and they are legit.  The Lions do not match up well with them and they are playing much better than when they beat the Lions to open the season.  Philly will likely get the first round bye though.

I also don't think the Lions match up well with the 49ers who have the best defense in the league.  For the Cowboys it depends on which team shows up as they are inconsistent but their pass rush is killer and I don't see the Lions stopping their offense much. I would love to see the Vikings again.

The Lions would be on the road regardless, so that makes things tougher, and they don't have any playoff experience.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-12, 08:52

Fuck Philly
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-12, 09:27

Lions remaining schedule: total combined record= 19-32. One winning team , jets at 7-6. 9-8 should be expected., 8-9 would be disappointing, 7-10 would be missed opportunity, 6-11 would be guys reading headlines and SOL. 10-7 equals at least one Victorian the playoffs be ause the team is focused and taking one game at a time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-12, 09:31

DWags wrote:I guess as a true outsider that really doesn’t care much a out the lions and, believing I kind of am not an idiot when it comes to football, I think y’all have had the ball pulled out from you way too many times. Most of you are pretty knowledgeable about football and you’re not idiots that get way too high or too low when it comes to wins and losses.

So, I’ll ask this: who has played better than the lions in the last month? You cant deny they are a top 4 or 5 team in the NFC. Further, had they not had some real dumb ass penalties at the beginning of the game this contest would have snow balled down hill fast for the Vikings and I’d say it would have been three td’s easy.

I don’t see where some of you are thinking get your ass handed to you in the playoffs. By who? Eagles? Vikings? Seattle? The team I’ve watched the past month doesn’t get their ass handed to them by anyone in the NFC. Underdogs sure but competitive definitely.

Caveat, they have to maintain health and if they do get into the playoffs, not have their assholes get to tight. But this team is pretty damn good. JMO

Eagles are legit. Cowboys almost lost to Houston. 49ers lost Deebo yesterday. Vikings are (obviously) beatable.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-12, 11:30

Dwags you are welcome to join the party. The packers are falling and the Lions are rising. Hop on the believe train next stop Super Bowl.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

MSU addict likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-12-12, 12:49

NigelUno wrote:Eagles are legit.  Cowboys almost lost to Houston.  49ers lost Deebo yesterday.  Vikings are (obviously) beatable.  
Yes, the Cowboys almost lost to Houston, but also recently crushed the Vikings (40-3) and the Colts (54-19).  They also beat the Lions 24-6.  As I said, it depends on which team shows up.

Deebo is expected (as of this morning) to be back by the playoffs.

The Lions would be highly motivated to get the playoff monkey off their backs (one win since 1957) and I also think Jameson Williams is a game changer and he should be rounding into form come the playoffs.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-12-12, 12:57

Nordic wrote:Fuck Philly
I agree, but the NFL says that is the game I get to watch. They really need to allow fans to stream games on demand. Next week the Lions play the Jets as the lead game on CBS but I get to watch the Steelers/Panthers (and Eagles/Bears on Fox).
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-12, 13:08

steveschneider wrote:Dwags you are welcome to join the party. The packers are falling and the Lions are rising. Hop on the believe train next stop Super Bowl.

While I’m happy for you guys, I was born in Milwaukee but by the Grace of God became a Spartan. Impossible to change loyalties.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-12, 14:00

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Dwags you are welcome to join the party. The packers are falling and the Lions are rising. Hop on the believe train next stop Super Bowl.

While I’m happy for you guys, I was born in Milwaukee but by the Grace of God became a Spartan. Impossible to change loyalties.

And you shouldn’t. The highs, (if there are any in the nfl. I’ve never seen them myself, but fans of other teams suggest it’s possible to be good at this game) aren’t as fun if you don’t experience the lows too.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-12, 14:27

This is interesting to me as someone who does not understand football

[tw]1602330600089980930 [/tw]

Maybe the lions, who have plenty of pass catching options, wanted a TE that isn’t your pass catching famous stat putting up tight end but one that could make this play, and occasionally catch a pass if necessary rather than as their primary feature

Also I guess the lions were regularly checking Sewell in as eligible throughout the game in anticipation of that last play. Never would have noticed sitting on my couch, but that’s some pretty smart stuff that I’m not used to and uncomfortable with
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-12, 16:47

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:I guess as a true outsider that really doesn’t care much a out the lions and, believing I kind of am not an idiot when it comes to football, I think y’all have had the ball pulled out from you way too many times. Most of you are pretty knowledgeable about football and you’re not idiots that get way too high or too low when it comes to wins and losses.

Eagles are legit. Cowboys almost lost to Houston. 49ers lost Deebo yesterday. Vikings are (obviously) beatable.

Blah blah blah blah

Super Bowl
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-12-12, 20:23

I predict the lions will blow a lead in the 4th, and lose the game. Bye bye playoffs.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-12-14, 10:47

[tw]1602824664702947328?s=20&t=vWSkreurvSDDq-1E9NE79w[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-14, 16:44

lol! loved that line. He's been a beast this year.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-14, 16:54

Turtleneck wrote:[tw]1602824664702947328?s=20&t=vWSkreurvSDDq-1E9NE79w[/tw]

Hadn’t heard that before. That’s leadership every team needs, but especially so for Detroit and others in similar positions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-14, 19:04

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:[tw]1602824664702947328?s=20&t=vWSkreurvSDDq-1E9NE79w[/tw]

Hadn’t heard that before. That’s leadership every team needs, but especially so for Detroit and others in similar positions.

Lion's Hardknocks is must see TV
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-18, 13:20

Biggest game in world sports today… lions jets… and it’s 7-0 lions after a punt return touchdown.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-18, 14:59

Jet d is legit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-18, 15:42

The te jumped on that huge pass play.

This might be done.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-18, 16:00

D needs to win it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-18, 16:01

How the fuck am I the only one posting in a lions thread?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-18, 16:02

I’m here avgmsujoe
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-18, 16:03

I think we should consider covering garrett wilson
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-12-18, 16:04

Hi.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-18, 16:07

Wow
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-18, 16:08

I was certain they were going to make that as a conditioned lions fan
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-12-18, 16:09

Dee-troit Foo-ootball!!!!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-18, 16:10

Dang, and they gave away... what... 2-3 games early?

Hate to say it, but next year might be hype justified.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-18, 16:10

Nice road win. The glory years are back baby!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-18, 16:11

Grit
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-12-18, 16:14

You guys know they're losing in Carolina. I mean, you know this, right?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-18, 16:17

kingstonlake wrote:You guys know they're losing in Carolina. I mean, you know this, right?

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 14 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5dimpri84o9po3xdf3taloeb37yu3jung1norbr1e&rid=200
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next