Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+16
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Probably CF
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Rocinante
NigelUno
Pervis Muldoon
AvgMSUJoe
Nordic
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
20 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-08-03, 21:41

tGreenWay wrote:btw, I’ll watch the actual documentary after finishing the Hollywood version.

We've done that with a couple of shows about true crime stories. It can be interesting to see the real story and real people.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Rocinante 2022-08-04, 14:40

Daniel Radcliffe is a fearless actor and I’ll watch anything with him in it. He’s doing a weird Al biopic. I’m in.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-08-04, 15:06

The angry men are pissed about she-hulk. I always thought she was sexy as hell in the comics. And I like Tatiana Maslany. Orphan Black seasons 1-2 are essential watching.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-04, 15:07

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:btw, I’ll watch the actual documentary after finishing the Hollywood version.
didnt bother with the doc. The show was entertaining.

I’m curious to see how close Hollywood stayed to the doc. But yes, this miniseries is entertaining.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-04, 15:11

MiamiSpartan wrote:

We've done that with a couple of shows about true crime stories. It can be interesting to see the real story and real people.

There’s a scene in the second or third episode where the documentary director tries to get Michael to “re-do” his walk. Red flag went up right away. AFAIK, that’s not how docs are supposed to be made, unless the audience is told in advance there will be re-creations. And if a doc contains re-creations, I’m not wasting time watching because I absolutely hate them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-08-17, 10:42

Better Call Saul was fun this season. I liked the final episode, though I must question the use of black-and-white video.  Was it a cost-cutting measure, or did they do it to appease the common folk who have yet to purchase a color television set?  I'm not trying to brag, but I've had a color TV for several years now and have found it to add both beauty and realism to the programs I watch.  I wish the creators of Better Call Saul had kept viewers like me in mind and sprung for the color video tape.  Still, a good show all in all.   I hope I didn't spoil anything!
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-08-17, 10:56

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Better Call Saul was fun this season. I liked the final episode, though I must question the use of black-and-white video.  Was it a cost-cutting measure, or did they do it to appease the common folk who have yet to purchase a color television set?  I'm not trying to brag, but I've had a color TV for several years now and have found it to add both beauty and realism to the programs I watch.  I wish the creators of Better Call Saul had kept viewers like me in mind and sprung for the color video tape.  Still, a good show all in all.   I hope I didn't spoil anything!

I'm on episode three or four of the first season. Hopefully they'll have it updated to color by the time I get to the current season.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-17, 15:08

Keeping all of the timelines can get confusing. I wonder how bad it would have been if no B&W?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-08-17, 17:13

I understood the B&W early in the series when it just showed a couple of minutes of Omaha once or twice a season.  So I get it being used this season for consistency sake, and it didn't really take away anything from me.

I had more issues with there being full leaves on the trees when it was the dead of winter in Omaha, but I suppose that would have been even more noticeable in color. Then again, I've never been to Omaha in the winter or any other time of year.  That also didn't take away from the show for me, though.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-08-18, 08:26

Who knew that Tom Hanks was in an episode of Taxi?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-08-18, 10:49

Trapper Gus wrote:Who knew that Tom Hanks was in an episode of Taxi?

I did. It was a flashback to Jim's college days. Great stuff.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-08-22, 23:25

House of dragon - solid start
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-25, 12:58

just watched throw momma from the train last night. pretty good actually. interesting to say the least
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-30, 20:33

The Patient on hulu... dang. Finish the season, Good show.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-30, 21:53

All Quiet On The Western Front, a new movie out on Netflix now. Apparently it departs a lot from the book and previous movie versions (I think I saw the 70s movie once a long time ago, but don't remember). I don't feel like there was a lot of depth of character or depth of plot and at times, but the impact comes from a telling/showing of the devastating brutality and hellish conditions of the First World War. Not for the faint of heart.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-11-04, 16:07

HBO cancels Westworld. Kind of surprising, but at the same time I'm not too bothered.  I still enjoyed the recent season, but it isn't something I'm craving anymore like I was after the first season or two.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-11-04, 22:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:HBO cancels Westworld. Kind of surprising, but at the same time I'm not too bothered.  I still enjoyed the recent season, but it isn't something I'm craving anymore like I was after the first season or two.

Yeah that’s another show that was ready to be over.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-04, 22:23

Seemed like the season after the western it could have finished. (Like the whole season based on offsight backups to the cloud... or not????)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-04, 23:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:just watched throw momma from the train last night. pretty good actually. interesting to say the least

It took me a month to stop impersonating momma. “Owen!”
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-04, 23:06

MiamiSpartan wrote:All Quiet On The Western Front, a new movie out on Netflix now. Apparently it departs a lot from the book and previous movie versions (I think I saw the 70s movie once a long time ago, but don't remember). I don't feel like there was a lot of depth of character or depth of plot and at times, but the impact comes from a telling/showing of the devastating brutality and hellish conditions of the First World War. Not for the faint of heart.

War is just so fucking stupid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-05, 21:18

Just watched Weird: the Al Yankovic story... pretty damn funny. (Roku channel?)

Not a real biopic, weird al wrote his biopic so more of a weird al movie... so if you found his old stuff funny, you'd like this.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-05, 22:10

Facing Nolan Ryan. Really good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-06, 22:15

Mr. Inbetween is a lot of fun. It's an Australian show that aired on FX and is available on Hulu. The premise isn't original; a single father is balancing his family life and dating life with his criminal career, while attending anger management classes for assaults he believes were completely justified because people are assholes. It's the acting and the twists the stories take that make it so entertaining. The episodes are only 24 minutes long, and it's hard to not let the next episode play.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-30, 16:10

Hmmm. Looks funny.

[tw]1598013839202693120[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-30, 16:31

OMG tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 4 1966794946

I have to get that movie poster.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-30, 16:38

The Gray Man was okay.
IMDB writeup:
Six, a highly-skilled assassin in the deep-cover Sierra program of the CIA, is the agency's best merchant of death. However, a mission goes bad and now Six is on the run from the CIA with sociopathic former agent Lloyd Hansen hot on his trail. Aided by agent Dani Miranda and handler Donald Fitzroy, Six must be his most ruthless to avoid Hansen, who will stop at nothing to bring Six down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-01, 21:12

So, I don't like yellowstone anymore.

Whatever happened to them randomly killing guys they didn't like and throwing them down a hill?

Also, how can Beth be the most evil bitch in one scene then all quivery emotional in the next regarding stupid shit?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-01, 21:33

Let alone super smart screwing over multinational NYC investment corporate overlords, but so dumb she starts a bar fight (as the chief of staff for the state)???

It's just getting stupid.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-03, 19:39

Episode 4... yep Yellowstone is shit and the vast majority of the people are evil.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-12-04, 23:40

The Last of Us looks like a great cast, but fuck I know that story so damn well, I just don’t think I will be able to enjoy it. Even watching the trailer I knew every scene exactly where it happened in the story.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-12-05, 06:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Episode 4... yep Yellowstone is shit and the vast majority of the people are evil.

Episode 5 was fucking terrible and made episode 4 look like it won awards.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-12, 00:36

am i the only motherfucker here who watches white lotus? c'mon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-12, 08:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:am i the only motherfucker here who watches white lotus? c'mon!
Watched the first season. It was ok. Seemed like a travel brochure as much as anything. The dude duecing in the luggage was gross. I'd slap those teens...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-12, 08:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:am i the only motherfucker here who watches white lotus? c'mon!

Watched the S1 recently. Good go to when there was nothing else on. Entertaing. But I don't need to see S2.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-12, 09:19

I love it so that’s surprising to hear. The beauty of life and different tastes. I do think season 2 was better, different story, location, and only one of the same characters.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-13, 01:12

I’m a Christmas story purist/fanboy but the new one that came out this year was actually pretty solid - especially considering how most of these remakes/sequels go
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-13, 07:12

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, I don't like yellowstone anymore.

Whatever happened to them randomly killing guys they didn't like and throwing them down a hill?

Also, how can Beth be the most evil bitch in one scene then all quivery emotional in the next regarding stupid shit?

Alcohol
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-13, 22:04

Currently first time watching it’s a wonderful life from start to finish

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2022-12-14, 11:31; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-13, 22:52

What a great flick
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-14, 02:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Currently First time watching it’s a wonderful life from start to finish

My wife’s favorite. She’ll have it on whenever it’s airing throughout the holidays. Elf is a close second fav for her, and it’s also on our tv repeatedly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next