Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+16
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Probably CF
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Rocinante
NigelUno
Pervis Muldoon
AvgMSUJoe
Nordic
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
20 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-01-19, 12:45

This ought to be good! Let's hope Mann does movies of them, too.

[tw]1483847221636317185[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-01-19, 14:19

Floyd Robertson wrote:This ought to be good! Let's hope Mann does movies of them, too.

They better include someone watching MSU hockey on TV again or it's a failure. Maybe, I'd accept basketball or football, but hockey was a nice touch.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-19, 18:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:This ought to be good! Let's hope Mann does movies of them, too.

Disappointed it’s not Preheat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-01-19, 19:05

tGreenWay wrote:

Disappointed it’s not Preheat.

No comment Neutral
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-01-26, 12:13

DWags wrote:
Death Roe wrote:I wish WBH was around, need to talk Succession with him

I’ll be your huckleberry.
Logan
Never
Loses

Tom surprised me in the last episode.
Just caught up... Yay Tom.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-26, 12:26

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:

I’ll be your huckleberry.
Logan
Never
Loses

Tom surprised me in the last episode.
Just caught up... Yay Tom.

Yeah, they hooked me in for another season.

So, I watched the first two shows of season one of Pennyworth. Alfred the butler from batman as a young man. it's a 60/40 split whether to keep watching. Anyone else watch this?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-01-26, 12:38

Nobody was kind of like John Wick with some humor. I like Odenkirk, so I gave it a shot. Its on HBOMAX. Its pretty predictable, but that is probably what shoot em up movies are supposed to be.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-02-14, 11:01

Saw "Death on the Nile" over the weekend, first time back in the theater since pre-pandemic. I give it a solid B. A worthy follow-up to "Murder on the Orient Express" from 2016 or so.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-02-14, 11:02

Started watching Reacher over the weekend. Pretty good so far.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-02-14, 11:50

Motown Spartan wrote:Started watching Reacher over the weekend. Pretty good so far.

Finished Reacher and Boba. Both were entertaining and true to books/characters/genre.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-02-14, 19:27

Anyone watch "Raised by Wolves"?

Episode 2 not sure I'm going to stick with it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-02-14, 19:41

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Anyone watch "Raised by Wolves"?

Episode 2 not sure I'm going to stick with it.
I watched it a while ago.  Can't say I remember much but I did see it all.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-02-15, 15:14

I am excited for moon knight.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-02-26, 21:17

I watched Free Guy. I had this super strong desire to see someone get by a train at the end. It would have been the best ending.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-02-27, 07:38

Uncharted was good escapism fun. 4.35/5.00
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-02-28, 22:47

Reading tweets that the new Batman movie is very good.  Looking forward to seeing it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2022-03-02, 18:54

InTenSity wrote:Reading tweets that the new Batman movie is very good.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Saw it last night. It was incredible. Pretty close to TDK level of satisfaction.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-03-02, 22:05

Death Roe wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Reading tweets that the new Batman movie is very good.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Saw it last night. It was incredible. Pretty close to TDK level of satisfaction.

Coming from you, that's saying quite something.

I'm going to see it Friday afternoon after my daughter gets out of school.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-04, 19:23

Watched a couple of westerns over the past week.
First up, we have Old Henry, which I found was very enjoyable.
It’s the story of an 19th century Oklahoma Territory farmer/widower and his annoying teenage son, who is desperate for something more than life on a farm in the middle of nowhere. They two find and care for a stranger who’d been shot and was hovering near death. The injured man was also carrying a leather satchel of cash. It’s left to the farmer to decide if he believes the story of the injured man, who regained consciousness and claimed to be a lawman. But his decision is made a difficult one when three riders, sporting badges of the sheriff of a nearby county, claim the farmer’s patient is the bad guy. The inevitable showdown forces the farmer to open a chestful of secrets from a past he thought he’d never let see daylight again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-04, 19:41

The second western I saw this week was News of the World, starring Tom Hanks. Hanks portrays a former Civil War Texas captain, a man we learn left his wife, or so he says. Hanks earns a meager living traveling across Texas, town to town, reading to crowds the news happening around the world. It’s on this journey that Hanks finds a young girl with an unusual upbringing. Unsure of what to do and unable to find anyone to care for the girl, Hanks embarks on a ride frought with perils to reunify this child with someone of her own blood. Where this path takes Hanks will determine whether his next journey is something familiar, or one he never expected.

Thank you for trusting your viewing pleasure with Movie Fone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-03-04, 20:21

Death Roe wrote:

Really good. Dark, brooding mood to it.

Spoiler:
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-03-04, 23:29

Watching West Side Story with the daughter and wife... very West side story-ish.

Seems like wasted resources when something original and new could have been made.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-12, 15:36

Rocinante wrote:I watched Free Guy. I had this super strong desire to see someone get by a train at the end. It would have been the best ending.

This was more enjoyable than I expected. Clever idea, and the sfx and green screen were more believable than a lot of movies these days. It had a touch of Pleasantville and The Truman Show but wasn’t derivative.

Edit: I’m with you on the train. Would’ve been funny.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-03-12, 16:06

Severance (appletv)

Very different. Characters sucked me in. Ever wish you could forget about work?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-03-12, 16:12

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I watched Free Guy. I had this super strong desire to see someone get by a train at the end. It would have been the best ending.

This was more enjoyable than I expected. Clever idea, and the sfx and green screen were more believable than a lot of movies these days. It had a touch of Pleasantville and The Truman Show but wasn’t derivative.

I thought it was audience tested out of anything remotely interesting. It’s one of those movies that everybody can walk away from going “it was worth 2 hours if my time” but is not compelling or interesting and won’t have any kind of lasting impact on anyone. It’s brain candy. It could have been so much more.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-12, 19:51

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I thought it was audience tested out of anything remotely interesting. It’s one of those movies that everybody can walk away from going “it was worth 2 hours if my time” but is not compelling or interesting and won’t have any kind of lasting impact on anyone. It’s brain candy. It could have been so much more.

I even told my wife it was coming and was surprised it didn’t happen.
Edit: That’s what she said.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-12, 20:19

Roc, Speaking of audience testing, did you see this story about The Rock? Dwayne refuses to be in movies with anything but happy endings (insert your own joke here). He’s more worried about his brand than his craft.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-almost-quit-rampage-over-ending-2018-4?amp
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-12, 21:05

Wife and I watched "Land" this morning, starring Robin Wright.

For a lot of reasons, we were both gutted. So good.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-03-12, 22:27

tGreenWay wrote:Roc, Speaking of audience testing, did you see this story about The Rock? Dwayne refuses to be in movies with anything but happy endings (insert your own joke here). He’s more worried about his brand than his craft.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-almost-quit-rampage-over-ending-2018-4?amp

Well that’s how he makes his money. It’s not like he’s a good actor or anything. Although I do want to watch Jungle Cruise because it’s probably just dumb fun like Free Guy was.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-03-12, 23:05

tWife and kid watched the new Disney movie. I made it two minutes. Very loud annoying singing.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-03-12, 23:06

tGreenWay wrote:Roc, Speaking of audience testing, did you see this story about The Rock? Dwayne refuses to be in movies with anything but happy endings (insert your own joke here). He’s more worried about his brand than his craft.

I like happy endings, and yes I'm talking about movies.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-03-12, 23:10

I usually try to avoid any movie with the rock in it
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-03-13, 08:06

If the rock were in a movie about Duran Duran I'd watch it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-03-13, 09:24

Interesting quote from the Rock: ""My problem is I have a relationship with an audience around the world. For years I've built a trust with them that they're gonna come to my movies and feel good. So every once in a while, you have to drop this card, which is: You're gonna have to find another actor. We need to figure something out, otherwise I'm not gonna do the movie."

I think what he meant was, "You're gonna have to find an actor."
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-03-13, 09:31

winning time the rise of the lakers dynasty off to a good start on HBO
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-04-18, 08:16

I don't think you can stream this anywhere for free yet, at least not that I've found, but the GF picked up "12 Mighty Orphans" from the library (go ahead, laugh all you want) so we watched it over the weekend. I hadn't even heard of it but it's instantly a top 10 football movie for me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-18, 21:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:winning time the rise of the lakers dynasty off to a good start on HBO
This show is pretty good. I wonder what parts are where the liberties are taken.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-21, 20:14

Anyone watch Severance? Cause I just saw John Tuturro and Christopher Walken almost make out.

Half the way through. Weird, but good. (So far)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-04-21, 22:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Anyone watch Severance? Cause I just saw John Tuturro and Christopher Walken almost make out.

Who initiated it?  I'm guessing Turturro snuck up from behind as Walken watched Wheel of Fortune, and planted a kiss on Walken's neck while reaching around to rub his nipples.  At least that's how I'll picture it after switching off the lamp on my bedside table.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-22, 12:05

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Anyone watch Severance? Cause I just saw John Tuturro and Christopher Walken almost make out.

Who initiated it?  I'm guessing Turturro snuck up from behind as Walken watched Wheel of Fortune, and planted a kiss on Walken's neck while reaching around to rub his nipples.  At least that's how I'll picture it after switching off the lamp on my bedside table.
Of course, no where near that sensuous. It is only rated TV-MA.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next