Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+16
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Probably CF
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Rocinante
NigelUno
Pervis Muldoon
AvgMSUJoe
Nordic
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
20 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-14, 09:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What a great flick
It really is. Any "best movies ever" list should definitely have it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Other Teams Pursuing That, AvgMSUJoe and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-14, 09:47

It's a little dark.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-14, 11:31

NigelUno wrote:

It's a little dark.

That a play on words, Nigel?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-12-14, 12:24

I couldn’t watch the first episode of White Lotus all the way through. Yeah we get it rich people suck
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-14, 12:26

Rocinante wrote:I couldn’t watch the first episode of White Lotus all the way through. Yeah we get it rich people suck

The next season is about sex if that’s more your thing
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-12-14, 12:28

Why yes it is thank you
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-14, 12:29

Rocinante wrote:Why yes it is thank you

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-14, 15:08

Rocinante wrote:Why yes it is thank you

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-21, 14:11

The Banshees of Inisherin....
Wow.

Hbo
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-21, 15:45

Anybody watch murderville?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-12-21, 15:47

DWags wrote:Anybody watch murderville?    

No, that would be the death of me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-21, 16:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:Anybody watch murderville?    

No, that would be the death of me.

jfc tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-21, 17:30

Marshawn lynch almost made me piss my pants laughing in murderville. Please watch the “who killed Santa” episode. “THATS THE MOTHERFUCKER FROM OZARK”
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-21, 22:22

DWags wrote:Marshawn lynch almost made me piss my pants laughing in murderville.   Please watch the “who killed Santa” episode.  “THATS THE MOTHERFUCKER FROM OZARK”

I watched it. Will Arnett is one of my favorites, and the whole thing was pretty fun.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-25, 16:09

Half way through "Violent Night" and its pretty fucking awesome. I can see it becoming a yearly event.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-25, 16:34

Best line...Ho Ho Holy Shit.

A+ 5 stars.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-12-25, 19:02

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Half way through "Violent Night" and its pretty fucking awesome. I can see it becoming a yearly event.
What service has this?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-25, 19:18

I think it might be at the movies or you can rent it from Amazon. (Or Torrent)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-26, 16:59

HLN is running a West Wing marathon and I’m pretty sure I’ve rooted to my sofa. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, AvgMSUJoe and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-28, 18:49

Everything everywhere all at once.

Chaotic multiverse violent action family romcom drama...
A+
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-28, 20:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Everything everywhere all at once.

Chaotic multiverse violent action family romcom drama...
A+

Good to know. Thanks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-12-28, 20:09

Avatar 2. See it in theaters. Not gonna say the story is great, but the cinematography is very good. It is a long movie, but i didn't fall asleep. I almost always fall asleep. Kyle also gives it at least 1 thumbs up and after asking 3 times, he gave it 2 thumbs up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-12-29, 21:59

I watched glass onion last night and can’t decide if it was just ok or really good. What do you guys think.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-29, 22:09

Rocinante wrote:I watched glass onion last night and can’t decide if it was just ok or really good. What do you guys think.
It was worth the 2 hours. Which is like a 7/10....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-30, 19:55

Rocinante wrote:I watched glass onion last night and can’t decide if it was just ok or really good. What do you guys think.

Planning to watch this over the weekend.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-30, 21:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:am i the only motherfucker here who watches white lotus? c'mon!
Just watched season 2 cause of the wife. Fuck that show. Whiney ass stiffler's mom lady. Crazy ass rich people problems. 2/10 (Nice scenery. )
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-30, 21:44

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:am i the only motherfucker here who watches white lotus? c'mon!
Just watched season 2 cause of the wife. Fuck that show. Whiney ass stiffler's mom lady. Crazy ass rich people problems. 2/10 (Nice scenery. )

We have completely different tastes in shows it seems. What are some of your favorites? Could be an interesting experiment to compare.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-30, 21:46

Also i really enjoyed the interactions of the characters. The personalities and everything people deal with in relationships. Rich or not they deal with the same things.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-30, 22:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

We have completely different tastes in shows it seems. What are some of your favorites? Could be an interesting experiment to compare.
The standards... breaking bad, saul, the big HBO ones (wire, got, sopranos)
I liked many of the Prime shows. (Goliath, that Sci fi one....)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-31, 00:54

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

That was my opinion of S1 as well. But was entertaining enough to keep watching. As I mentioned earlier, didn't see the need to watch S2. I had my fill of Stifler's mom.

Last edited by Nordic on 2022-12-31, 01:00; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-31, 00:59

Pretty much the same opinion. Definitely worth watching either way.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2023-01-01, 14:16

Black Adam sucked balls just showed once again why DC will never be able to do what marvel does. Long voiceover exposition, rather than putting it in the story. Lazy writing, no reason to care about any of the characters. Awful.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-01-01, 15:11

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

The standards... breaking bad, saul, the big HBO ones (wire, got, sopranos)
I liked many of the Prime shows. (Goliath, that Sci fi one....)

Okay so you have similar taste with the HBO shows. Don’t know many prime ones. Huh. Interesting! Oh well
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-01, 16:03

Liked the glass onion. I’d recommend
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-01, 16:28

Almost done with The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. This is pretty funny and trippy with Nic Cage doing Nic Cage.

IMDB write up:
Nicolas Cage is totally preoccupied with his career, his narcissism fueled by insecurity in being constantly pestered by the manifestation of his ego, "Nicky", in his failures. Those failures are currently real in no longer getting the film roles he wants, and that obsession negatively affecting his relationships with his ex-wife Olivia but more importantly his sixteen year old daughter Addy. Solely as an excuse to address that professional flailing, he decides to quit acting. But still needing to pay the bills, especially in light of the divorce, he accepts a lucrative private appearance in Mallorca at super-fan Javi Gutierrez's birthday party, Nic unaware that Javi is an aspiring screenwriter who wants him to star in his penned movie. Nic's arrival at Javi's catches the attention of CIA agents Vivian and Martin, who are investigating the politically motivated kidnapping of a young woman named Maria Delgado. This confluence of events places Nic in arguably the greatest acting role of his life, but one that is real life with implications of his life and that of his loved ones at risk. But in the greatest of cinematic traditions, not everything that happens around him is always as it appears on the surface.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-01-01, 16:39

Slow Horses is really good.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-01-22, 19:20

Holy shit, the new Night Court is god awful.  The original was one of my favorite shows.  I didn't have high expectations forbthe reboot, and I don't usually call shows out as being so bad, but damn. John Laroquette was MAYBE passable, but everyone else was so awkward and forced. Disney Channel shows have better, more comfortable acting.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-02-24, 21:29

So my college aged kid said to watch "Puss in Boots:The last wish"... and sure as shit, it's pretty good. Some dark moments, pretty funny.

95% on 🍅

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-04-29, 20:10

Miami, did you ever watch Bridge of Spies? It’s a 2015 film from Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks. Really interesting and based on a true story. Apologies if we discussed this. I wasn’t in the mood to look back to see and I’m a forgetful old man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-04-29, 22:19

tGreenWay wrote:Miami, did you ever watch Bridge of Spies? It’s a 2015 film from Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks. Really interesting and based on a true story. Apologies if we discussed this. I wasn’t in the mood to look back to see and I’m a forgetful old man.

Yes, I have. Really enjoyed it. It's been a few years, but have been meaning to watch again whenever I see it when scrolling whichever streaming service it's on. I forgot it was Spielberg, but then again he and Hanks do so much history stuff together that it makes sense.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next