Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+16
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Probably CF
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Rocinante
NigelUno
Pervis Muldoon
AvgMSUJoe
Nordic
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
20 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-22, 21:16

Metal Lords on Netflix worth a watch.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Rocinante 2022-04-22, 22:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Anyone watch Severance? Cause I just saw John Tuturro and Christopher Walken almost make out.

Half the way through. Weird, but good. (So far)

What channel because this sounds like essential viewing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-22, 22:48

Rocinante wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Anyone watch Severance? Cause I just saw John Tuturro and Christopher Walken almost make out.

What channel because this sounds like essential viewing.
Apple +

https://youtu.be/xEQP4VVuyrY
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-22, 22:51

Yep. Very good. Great characters

Semi-spoiler:
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-22, 23:12

Just finished season 1... need to process.

Creative and engaging, that's for sure.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-22, 23:27

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just finished season 1... need to process.

Creative and engaging, that's for sure.

That about sums it up
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-22, 23:33

Better Call Saul final season has started tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-04-26, 00:32

Nordic wrote:Better Call Saul final season has started tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 3493939353

And it's pretty eventful so far. Damn.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-04-26, 06:26

I was going to bump the dedicated Better Call Saul thread the other day, but when I searched for it, I saw that Dr Strangelove was the last post in that, and didn't have the heart to bump it. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 4177874726
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-26, 08:41

I might save that up for a good binge... maybe not. Undecided. I do feel like I should re-watch the last episode from a couple years back.

Shit I don't remember how he was brought into Breaking Bad either... So many things I forgot.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-04-29, 07:36

Air Bud is 25 years old now. Man how time flies.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-05-27, 17:46

Top Gun Night!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-05-27, 17:54

Blew work off the last day and a half for some cinema and TV entertainment.

Yesterday, we picked my daughter up from school and went to a 3:30 showing of Top Gun.

Today, daughter didn't have school, some watched the two Obi Wan episodes that released and the first 3 Stranger Things new episodes, also released today.

A 70s/80s franchise, an 80s franchise, and a show set in the 80s.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-05-27, 21:45

Best movie I've ever seen
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-27, 21:50

Nordic wrote:Best movie I've ever seen

Previous to this, what was the best movie you had ever seen?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-05-27, 22:39

Wait, top gun 2 is the best movie ever? Like over Schindlers List and Private Ryan and Godfather and shawshank and Citizen Kane?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-05-28, 00:54

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Nordic wrote:Best movie I've ever seen

Previous to this, what was the best movie you had ever seen?

Fair question. Can't say I have a favorite but there is a pretty clear top end. As a whee lad it was Star Wars & Indiana Jones. High School it was Vision Quest and Top Gun. After college Braveheart and 13th Warrior. I'm sure your noticing a theme. These stick out for nostalgia reasons as well. Adulthood is a blur. Obv my movie tastes have changed, but nothing is sticking out. I'm not a big movie guy. Especially going to the theater. Only time I go is for whatever the kids. I've only three on the list above in a theater.

So obv I'm biased. If you liked the first one, you will like this one. My kids dug it and they've never seen the OG. That was probably the best part for me.

They could've Jar Jar Binx'ed it, but they didn't. Had the right amount of cheese and intensity. They weaved the old and new brilliantly; this could've easily crashed and burned. I had low expectations of them being able to pull it off based on the trailers. If I had one beef it would the "US against the 'evil bad guy" plot. Not my thing anymore. Nor are action movies in general. But it is fucking Top Gun. You know what you're getting going in.

I could be totally blinded by loving this as a teen and seeing it with my teen kids. I had a shit ton of fun watching it.

Last edited by Nordic on 2022-05-28, 08:22; edited 6 times in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Pervis Muldoon and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-05-28, 01:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Wait, top gun 2 is the best movie ever? Like over Schindlers List and Private Ryan and Godfather and shawshank and Citizen Kane?

Add saving Private Ryan to the above.

Shawshank is awesome too. Those are all great for different reasons. Obv different movie types. Some people like scary movies, dramas, whatever. I like movies that entertain (Schindler's List is brilliant, but not entertaining).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-05-28, 02:03

One more add. I had no intentions of going tonight. I assumed I would go see it at some point, whenever it finally released. The exact day was not on my radar.  My ladies surprised me.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-05-28, 02:32

Spoiler alert

Spoiler:
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-05-28, 11:54

Good review.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox10phoenix.com/news/top-gun-maverick-review-top-gun-2-tom-cruise-miles-teller.amp
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-05-28, 18:42

I probably liked it better than the original, but I never loved the original, even though it's a classic 80s movie from my childhood/teens (at the time, I liked Iron Eagle better...more action, less lovey dovey stuff). The action/aerial scenes are what really stood out in this one. Been a long time since we've had a modern day fighter plane movie.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-05-28, 20:05

Obi Wan (first 2 episodes) and the new Stranger Things season. I enjoyed both. ST, I probably like better than the previous (3rd) season. I dont really remember Season 2. With Obi Wan, it feels very Star Wars, so I'm all in.

I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag, but really this is just about the opening scene of the forat episode of both Obi Wan and ST4
Spoiler:

Not sure if this is really a spoiler about Obi Wan, but I wasn't aware if it going in, so I'll spoiler tag jt.
Spoiler:
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-29, 16:21

Nordy and Miami, how did they explain away Maverick’s initial love interest Charlie becoming a lesbian? Did the writers imply it was Maverick who drove her to give up on men, or do they just have it said outright in the dialogue?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-05-30, 08:55

tGreenWay wrote:Nordy and Miami, how did they explain away Maverick’s initial love interest Charlie becoming a lesbian? Did the writers imply it was Maverick who drove her to give up on men, or do they just have it said outright in the dialogue?

Yes, they said it is because of Maverick's Scientology beliefs and his work as a super spy, which always takes him away on impossible missions.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-06-01, 19:27

New episode of Obi Wan dropped today (Episode 3)

Spoiler:
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-06-01, 21:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:New episode of Obi Wan dropped today (Episode 3)

Spoiler:

Watched e1&2. I'm nuetral so far, but not given up. I'm generally 50/50 on Star Wars movies/shows. I will say the visual effects on these seem to get better and better.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-06-01, 21:59

I finished watching the first season of The Handmaid's Tale. It's terrific, and one of the more creative yet believable dystopian visions I've seen.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-06-01, 23:49

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I finished watching the first season of The Handmaid's Tale. It's terrific, and one of the more creative yet believable dystopian visions I've seen.

It’s getting a bit too close for comfort
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-03, 20:54

Preface this... I'm kind a drunk... but that fucking norm McDonald special has me in tears hillarious.

(Had to shut it off after 15 min cause the 11 year old is in the room )
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2022-07-07, 21:11

Thor: Love and Thunder was good.

Christian Bale is the best actor on the planet.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-07-07, 21:13

Death Roe wrote:Thor: Love and Thunder was good.

Christian Bale is the best actor on the planet.

He also had the best on-set meltdown.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-08-03, 11:20

Roadhouse is getting a reboot with Jake Gyllenhaal, to which I say, FUCK YOU Hollywood.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-03, 15:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:Roadhouse is getting a reboot with Jake Gyllenhaal, to which I say, FUCK YOU Hollywood.
Dat hair tho.
tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 3 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-08-03, 15:46

[tw]1554913954056503300?t=RBBifpjKjbaYDE9NyCLNEA&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-03, 16:55

Three episodes in on the 8 ep. miniseries The Staircase. It’s based on the documentary of the same name, which looks at the suspicious death of Kathleen Peterson, wife of novelist Michael Peterson. The cameras followed around Michael Peterson as police considered him their only suspect. The documentary, and thus the miniseries, tell Peterson’s story as he endures sixteen years of police and prosecutor attention.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-03, 17:44

btw, I’ll watch the actual documentary after finishing the Hollywood version.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-08-03, 19:01

Lady Gaga is not a good actor.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-08-03, 19:02

Also, we don’t need another Joker without Batman. We get it, he’s an incel that finally snapped for all the sexless dorks out there.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan and Other Teams Pursuing That like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-03, 20:26

tGreenWay wrote:btw, I’ll watch the actual documentary after finishing the Hollywood version.
didnt bother with the doc. The show was entertaining.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next