Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+22
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
Nordic
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
CaptainSlow33
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
aualum06
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
gomersbro
Zurn
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Pervis Muldoon
26 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 12 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by DWags Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:48 pm

28-24 Detroit. Purdy throws an interception on the last drive of the game at the 7 yard line and both SF fans and Detroit fans are chanting Goffs name after it’s over.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 12 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:00 pm

Travis’ keys to the game 

1) get an early lead. Lean on the run d to shut down McCaffrey early, in as much as that’s possible, and force them to lean on Purdy as the game moves on. SF has played only 2 above average rushing D’s all year. They rushed poorly both times.
2) turnover battle I mean obviously that’s always the case right? Cjgj and Kerby can bait Purdy into a stupid throw or two. 
3) get Jamo over the top once, ideally early, and make them respect it to help open up the middle.
4) hutch will get tons of pressure working on their sack of shit right tackle. Gotta convert a few into sacks 
5) mark my words- if Gibbs (12th pick?? PoSiTiOnAl VaLuE tho!!!) gets 125 all purpose yards, book your flight to Vegas.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:41 pm

Lions' Ben Johnson as Washington Commanders head coach a 'pretty forgone conclusion'

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/01/26/ben-johnson-washington-commanders-nfl-head-coach/72370360007/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:49 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Lions' Ben Johnson as Washington Commanders head coach a 'pretty forgone conclusion'

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/01/26/ben-johnson-washington-commanders-nfl-head-coach/72370360007/

Where coaches go to die. Lions should sweeten his deal. One more year. 7 million.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:46 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Where coaches go to die. Lions should sweeten his deal. One more year. 7 million.

The same was said of Detroit until Sheila took over. We don’t know yet if that’s still true, since Washington has new ownership.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:46 pm

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2024/01/majestic-michigan-central-station-turns-heads-showing-support-for-detroit-lions.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:54 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

The same was said of Detroit until Sheila took over. We don’t know yet if that’s still true, since Washington has new ownership.

True but Detroit was the place where coaches went to die for 60 years. Hell, Don McCafferty literally died.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:09 pm

Chanel 4 Detroit has a cool special.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:01 pm

49’ers Jake Moody scum alum misses another FG
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:04 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:49’ers Jake Moody scum alum misses another FG

His mom is an msu grad.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:06 pm

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:49’ers Jake Moody scum alum misses another FG

His mom is an msu grad.
She failed parenting
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay, DWags and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:24 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:All loser talk put your asses on the line, cowards.

12-5, 2-1 in the playoffs
Some posters just know ball
I hate being so goddamn right all the time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:45 pm

Some posters just know ball

Dumb brag bro
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:49 pm

Nordic wrote:

Dumb brag bro
I mean to be fair I did nail it in, like, august.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:02 pm

Nordic wrote:

Dumb brag bro

Travis screwed over the Lions. Weird how he claimed to be a fan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:34 pm

Nordic wrote:

Dumb brag bro

My comment stands
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:40 pm

Think of all the 20/20 foresight Travis is wasting posting on The Swill when flights to Las Vegas from DTW are less than $60.00
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:51 am

tGreenWay wrote:

Travis screwed over the Lions. Weird how he claimed to be a fan.

Travis is only a fan of himself. He is loyal only to his greed and lust for power.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:05 am

I woke up still feeling dead inside. The season was still absolutely a complete success, but I hate losing this way. I would have rather started the game down by 100 and got our shit totally pushed in than gone into the second with the game in hand, then blow it. Yes, young team cutting their teeth on the playoffs - it was probably bound to happen, but it sucks that it happened like this. I'm sure it'll eventually look better, but right now it feels pretty bad.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:06 am

You guys want a prediction that’ll really make your titties tingle?

Losing ben Johnson is fine. It’s not that big of a loss. It’ll be ok. You won’t believe that until September, but trust me bro.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:17 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys want a prediction that’ll really make your titties tingle?

Losing ben Johnson is fine. It’s not that big of a loss. It’ll be ok. You won’t believe that until September, but trust me bro.

100% agree. Dan Campbell is one smart person. Ben Johnson did not operate in a vacuum. He did so every step of the way with Campbell. Dan Campbell knows football.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:31 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys want a prediction that’ll really make your titties tingle?

I agree. I feel like, even with as good as Johnson has been, the bulk of the success has come from playmakers making plays. He'll be missed, but he'll also be easily replaceable.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:41 am

Dan Campbell and GM Brad Holmes aren’t going to stand pat without making roster moves with the upcoming draft, free agency and trades.

The Lions were a nice team.  4-2 in the NFC North losing to the Packers and the Bears in the 2nd half of the season.  Goff played well but the team wasn’t good enough to survive 3 three 2nd half turnovers against a quality opponent.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:42 am

DWags wrote:

100% agree. Dan Campbell is one smart person. Ben Johnson did not operate in a vacuum. He did so every step of the way with Campbell. Dan Campbell knows football.
I think his weaknesses show themselves the most in the third quarter, not just last night but that was happening all season. The breakdown by quarter is something like this (I am making up numbers, but it’s about here) 1st- +65 2nd- +25 3rd- -30 4th- +20

Those generally scripted starts, done in concert with Campbell, show up in the hot starts. The failure to react to defensive adjustments shows itself in the third and we are holding on for dear life. 

But, I don’t think that Campbell is going to have a problem as a 10 year TE vet coming up with ways to get the TE and slot receiver open. Hopefully the replacement has some better ideas about how to get Jamo involved. We all checked out by then but the last touchdown catch by him was pretty good.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:44 am

Really, last night was a lot like the New Orleans game. But instead of their qb getting hurt at an inopportune time, a ball went off our cornerbacks facemask. And the 49ers aren’t the saints.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:44 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Dan Campbell and GM Brad Holmes aren’t going to stand pat without making roster moves with the upcoming draft, free agency and trades.

The Lions were a nice team.  4-2 in the NFC North losing to the Packers and the Bears in the 2nd half of the season.  Goff played well but the team wasn’t good enough to survive 3 three 2nd half turnovers against a quality opponent.

Agreed. The team was built to make the playoffs and get a much needed playoff win. It wasn't built to make a deep playoff run OR make/win the Super Bowl. The fact that they made it as far as they did is a testament to how far the franchise has come under Campbell and Holmes. I have faith that Lions will be making another deep playoff run - possibly sooner than some might think.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:44 am

[tw]1751831264087126418[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

CaptainSlow33 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:41 am

This will be a big test. If they take 4 wide receivers we will know it’s the SOL.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:47 am

Turtleneck wrote:This will be a big test. If they take 4 wide receivers we will know it’s the SOL.

OL, DL, DB I hope. But my days of questioning Brad Holmes' draft choices are over.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:48 am

Turtleneck wrote:This will be a big test. If they take 4 wide receivers we will know it’s the SOL.

They definitely need to take 1. But hopefully the focus will be on the secondary. That said, Holmes seems to be focused on drafting studs, even when it's not at a position of dire need. A strategy that seems to have worked well this year in the initial build. This draft will be about plugging holes and building depth.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:43 am

The Lions can use another pass rusher to compliment Hutchinson.  (The Niners traded for Chase Young (24)from Washington at the trade deadline to take pressure off Bosa.

They could also upgrade their secondary that showed some weakness with a better corner or a taller safety.

Offensively Glasgow is 31 and on a 1 year contract.  The rest of the OLine are all under 30.

Drafting @ 29 will be a limiting factor but if 3 or 4 of the teams ahead of them pick QB’s, that leaves some quality players the Lions need.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:55 pm

I wasn’t ready for mock draft szn :(
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:16 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wasn’t ready for mock draft szn :(

I guess you better get in shape. Mock draft poster combine is in 3 weeks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:32 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wasn’t ready for mock draft szn :(

You'd best get your house in order, then. Mock Draft szn started last night at 8pm.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:26 am

Receivers coach Antwaan Randle El interviewed with the Bucs for the opening as OC.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/1/29/24055075/tampa-bay-buccaneers-interview-detroit-lions-wr-coach-antwaan-randle-el-offensive-coordinator
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:18 pm

[tw]1752388531803050219[/tw]
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:20 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:[tw]1752388531803050219[/tw]

We would have been fine if he had bolted, but I'm not upset about this. Hoping the FO keeps investing in studs on both sides of the ball to bulk up.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:23 pm

Really? Don't fuck with me OTPT
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:25 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

We would have been fine if he had bolted, but I'm not upset about this. Hoping the FO keeps investing in studs on both sides of the ball to bulk up.

Probably, but I would rather not find out. His play calling and mojo with Goff can't be understated. This is a huge win.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:09 pm

Nordic wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Probably, but I would rather not find out. His play calling and mojo with Goff can't be understated. This is a huge win.

For sure. The fact that he specifically cited a desire to take another shot at the Lombardi makes me hopeful that the staff and FO have some aggressive moves planned for this off season.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next