Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

+22
GRR Spartan
Rick Saunders
DWags
Pervis Muldoon
The Pantry
gomersbro
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Trapper Gus
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Zurn
InTenSity
I.B. Fine
aualum06
Turtleneck
duffy munn
CaptainSlow33
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
26 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-17, 10:38

tGreenWay wrote:Hey Dwags, I hear Princess Kate is in the hospital. Did you see her? Give her your lime jello. That will get you in good with the royals.

Why are we associating with our colonizers. I bet she likes UM.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-17, 11:15

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Hey Dwags, I hear Princess Kate is in the hospital. Did you see her? Give her your lime jello. That will get you in good with the royals.

TBH, I don’t care about the royals. I want to meet Kate’s sister.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-01-17, 14:23

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Have you seen Kate play field hockey in heels?  I like Kate and would willingly submit to her.

And DWags, get better soon.  Sorry for my comment about Bactine and Curad.  You're into the chlorhexadine and Ace territory.  Don't have any pain advice.  Listen to a lot of Carly Simon I guess.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-17, 14:34

Rick Saunders wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Have you seen Kate play field hockey in heels?  I like Kate and would willingly submit to her.

And DWags, get better soon.  Sorry for my comment about Bactine and Curad.  You're into the chlorhexadine and Ace territory.  Don't have any pain advice.  Listen to a lot of Carly Simon I guess.

Well, it looks like Benedict Arnold is alive and well and posting on tSwill.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-01-17, 14:54

Turtleneck wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

Well, it looks like Benedict Arnold is alive and well and posting on tSwill.

Really just a Trojan Horse for access to Colman's mustard.

The stick is Mercian

but I could make it 'Merican

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 157234161

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 02-holding-kate-middleton-field-hockey
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-01-17, 16:13

DWags wrote:Surgery went fine I guess. Guy was a Spartan undergrad. Was Lyman Briggs but stayed in Akers. Talked to my daughter and I about the 2019 final four. Everyone raves about him.

Told me I’m off of it for at least 6 maybe 8 weeks. Two plates bunch of screws an it sucks.  

I’m in and out of sleep and the block is wearing off today, but I’m going to do my best not to take the OxyContin.  Not interested.

I’ll be clear headed by tonight. But damn this sucks.
Good luck Wags!

Do the plates and screws eventually come out?  Walking boot somewhere down the line?  If so, want to see what that looks like since your doc is a Spartan grad and we know your taste in shoes.

If you did get a catheter, try talking them into leaving it in as long as possible.  Not having to get up to pee is AWESOME!

Congrats! You likely jumped your last woodpile.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2024-01-17, 18:36

I have had a plate and screws in my leg since my last ski trip, 20 years ago. I also broke my collarbone and spent 5 days in the hospital for good measure.
Like others have said, and you probably figured out by now, the day after surgery is not one to tough out, all the general wears off and shit HURTS. Take the Oxy for a couple of days, just don't be doing shots of tequila with it....Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-17, 18:44

When you jump a woodpile, sometimes the woodpile jumps back.
— Ancient Proverb
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Other Teams Pursuing That and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-17, 18:44

I.B. Fine wrote:I have had a plate and screws in my leg since my last ski trip, 20 years ago. I also broke my collarbone and spent 5 days in the hospital for good measure.
Like others have said, and you probably figured out by now, the day after surgery is not one to tough out, all the general wears off and shit HURTS. Take the Oxy for a couple of days, just don't be doing shots of tequila with it....Wink

As graceful as ever, I see. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

I.B. Fine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-17, 18:49

I.B. Fine wrote:I have had a plate and screws in my leg since my last ski trip, 20 years ago. I also broke my collarbone and spent 5 days in the hospital for good measure.

Nope, shots of 150 proof rum are a better idea
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-17, 19:28

Trapper Gus wrote:

You know how long it’s going to take Dwags to get to the bathroom to puke? Weed gummies in the way to go.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-17, 20:50

Trapper Gus wrote:

That shit is flammable. You want Dwags to go Richard Pryor on top of going Joe Theisman?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, DWags, AvgMSUJoe and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2024-01-17, 21:23

tGreenWay wrote:

As graceful as ever, I see. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 1494614055

Even more so...Other night I jumped in the giant toter trashcan to jamb it down so the lid would close, suddenly my foot sunk way down, threw my balance off.
As the whole can(with me)was tipping over, I thought about Dwags.....Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 3836498553
Luckily only a slightly banged up knee. Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-01-17, 22:17

When Dwags is off the morphine drip, we need a full recap. How big was the woodpile? Was it your woodpile? Were you making a fire for Mrs. Dwags? Double dog dare? BAC?

So many unanswered questions.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-01-18, 00:14

Nordic wrote:When Dwags is off the morphine drip, we need a full recap. How big was the woodpile? Was it your woodpile? Were you making a fire for Mrs. Dwags? Double dog dare? BAC?

"Hold my beer" episode...?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-18, 01:03

Nordic wrote:When Dwags is off the morphine drip, we need a full recap. How big was the woodpile? Was it your woodpile? Were you making a fire for Mrs. Dwags? Double dog dare? BAC?

2ft
Yes
Yes
No
.10??
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-01-18, 06:26

DWags wrote:

2ft
Yes
Yes
No
.10??

Rookie numbers.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-18, 08:35

duffy munn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

That shit is flammable. You want Dwags to go Richard Pryor on top of going Joe Theisman?

Well just keep it away from pure O2 and it should not be a problem...oh wait.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-18, 09:59

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Even more so...Other night I jumped in the giant toter trashcan to jamb it down so the lid would close, suddenly my foot sunk way down, threw my balance off.
As the whole can(with me)was tipping over, I thought about Dwags.....Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 3836498553

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-01-18, 10:04

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

So, I was going to keep this to myself but last Saturday I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and tripped over an ottoman in my living room. I nearly did a header into the 60" flat screen but at the last second I dropped down and jammed both knees into the floor. Fortunately, they were just a little bruised for a couple of days. Who says getting old isn't exciting?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-01-18, 10:45

Pics of the nurses please
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-18, 14:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

So, I was going to keep this to myself but last Saturday I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and tripped over an ottoman in my living room. I nearly did a header into the 60" flat screen but at the last second I dropped down and jammed both knees into the floor. Fortunately, they were just a little bruised for a couple of days. Who says getting old isn't exciting?

It’s a blood sport, for sure. Glad you’re feeling better.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-01-18, 14:42

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Thanks. It wasn't too bad, I was out hiking the next day. The scary part was seeing the $1000 flash before my eyes when I thought the TV was going be a casualty lol.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-18, 14:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Thanks. It wasn't too bad, I was out hiking the next day. The scary part was seeing the $1000 flash before my eyes when I thought the TV was going be a casualty lol.

Oh god no not the tv!!!! Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-01-18, 15:20

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

& TVs are so cheap these days... 75" 4k at walmart for less then $500.

huh. getting me ideas, sorry huny i just fell into (the old and tired) TV cause of my old lameness.....

how'd a 75" look in this room.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-18, 15:48

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

& TVs are so cheap these days... 75" 4k at walmart for less then $500.

huh. getting me ideas, sorry huny i just fell into (the old and tired) TV cause of my old lameness.....

how'd a 75" look in this room.

Do it now, Joe. Any closer to the Super Bowl and your honey might get suspicious. lol
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-18, 15:51

btw, I didn’t realize prices had dropped. My tv is apparently on the old-side of its life. It takes longer to turn on and when I switch channels there are red and blue ghosts of the people on screen for a moment. My entire set up is over five years old, which in previous decades would mean it’s just getting going but now means it’s aging out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-01-18, 16:46

tGreenWay wrote:btw, I didn’t realize prices had dropped. My tv is apparently on the old-side of its life. It takes longer to turn on and when I switch channels there are red and blue ghosts of the people on screen for a moment. My entire set up is over five years old, which in previous decades would mean it’s just getting going but now means it’s aging out.

Have an old 57" plasma. Heavy as shit and awkward to carry. I wanted to give it away/pitch it when we moved. Wife vetoed me. Carried that stupid thing up and down multiple flights of stairs. Saw Costco had 75" for ~$500 as AMJ noted. I shouda baseball batted it.

Last edited by Nordic on 2024-01-18, 16:54; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-01-18, 16:52

DWags wrote:

2ft
Yes
Yes
No
.10??

Thanks for answers. A few follow-ups...

Double or single stack? Did you have wood in your hands? Two legged standing jump or running Jordan-free-throw-line-dunk jump? Do you have nest cam video? Slippers, sneakers or crocks?

Sounds like twife owes you Wink
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-18, 17:09

how ya feeling Dwags?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-18, 17:18

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

2ft
Yes
Yes
No
.10??

Thanks for answers. A few follow-ups...

Double or single stack? Did you have wood in your hands? Two legged standing jump or running Jordan-free-throw-line-dunk jump? Do you have nest cam video? Slippers, sneakers or crocks?

Sounds like twife owes you Wink

It was freezing outside and Dwags is no spring chicken, so that’s doubtful.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-18, 17:23

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:btw, I didn’t realize prices had dropped. My tv is apparently on the old-side of its life. It takes longer to turn on and when I switch channels there are red and blue ghosts of the people on screen for a moment. My entire set up is over five years old, which in previous decades would mean it’s just getting going but now means it’s aging out.

Have an old 57" plasma. Heavy as shit and awkward to carry. I wanted to give it away/pitch it when we moved. Wife vetoed me. Carried that stupid thing up and down multiple flights of stairs. Saw Costco had 75" for ~$500 as AMJ noted. I shouda baseball batted it.

Those older plasma tvs weigh a ton. We have one I want to donate but don’t feel like popping a disc.
As for tvs, I might need to visit Best Buy soon. I think what we have now is a 60”. Not sure we need anything larger.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-01-18, 17:41

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Getting old isn't for sissies
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2024-01-18, 17:41

This is my new TV, but cost more than $500. 65" though.
Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 20240112
Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 20230914
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-01-18, 17:47

I keep waiting for my 50" inch plasma to die before I get a new one. Absolutely nothing wrong with it so I just keep waiting.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-18, 17:53

Jake from State Farm wrote:I keep waiting for my 50" inch plasma to die before I get a new one. Absolutely nothing wrong with it so I just keep waiting.

Invite Dwags over and challenge him to a jump-off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Nordic and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-18, 17:54

InTenSity wrote:This is my new TV, but cost more than $500. 65" though.
Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 20240112
Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 4 20230914

That’s pretty great, despite the garbage on the screen in the first photo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-01-18, 18:03

Jake from State Farm wrote:I keep waiting for my 50" inch plasma to die before I get a new one. Absolutely nothing wrong with it so I just keep waiting.
Bought a 42" plasma about 2005...was ~$2500 on sale. Crapped out maybe 7 years ago. Replaced it with a 42" LED that weighs prolly a quarter of the plasma for like $350. Not sure trash pickup here will take it so it's been sitting in an used room all this time.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2024-01-18, 18:49

That’s pretty great, despite the garbage on the screen in the first photo.
Well shit, I didn't realize what that was.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-19, 10:06

So DWags, are you back home yet?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next