Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

+22
GRR Spartan
Rick Saunders
DWags
Pervis Muldoon
The Pantry
gomersbro
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Trapper Gus
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Zurn
InTenSity
I.B. Fine
aualum06
Turtleneck
duffy munn
CaptainSlow33
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
26 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-01-19, 10:21

The Pantry wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:I keep waiting for my 50" inch plasma to die before I get a new one. Absolutely nothing wrong with it so I just keep waiting.
Bought a 42" plasma about 2005...was ~$2500 on sale. Crapped out maybe 7 years ago. Replaced it with a 42" LED that weighs prolly a quarter of the plasma for like $350. Not sure trash pickup here will take it so it's been sitting in an used room all this time.

42" TVs fit nicely into trash carts and by the time they notice it they're more than likely not sure where they picked it up.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-01-19, 10:31

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

2ft
Yes
Yes
No
.10??

Thanks for answers. A few follow-ups...

Double or single stack? Did you have wood in your hands? Two legged standing jump or running Jordan-free-throw-line-dunk jump? Do you have nest cam video? Slippers, sneakers or crocks?

Sounds like twife owes you Wink

lolz.

Also, was this a convenience jump or a "cool guy" move? Was anyone else there when you did it? (Were you trying to show your wifey you are still young and spry... cause you got some ribbing coming if so)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-19, 10:35

Trapper Gus wrote:So DWags, are you back home yet?

Yes. Home on couch in liviyroom for two weeks. Learning to negotiate downstairs on a knee scooter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, duffy munn, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-19, 10:39

DWags wrote:

Yes. Home on couch in liviyroom for two weeks. Learning to negotiate downstairs on a knee scooter.

Don't try to do any ramp jumps with it...lol.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, DWags, I.B. Fine and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-19, 15:15

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Thanks for answers. A few follow-ups...

Double or single stack? Did you have wood in your hands? Two legged standing jump or running Jordan-free-throw-line-dunk jump? Do you have nest cam video? Slippers, sneakers or crocks?

Sounds like twife owes you Wink

lolz.

Also, was this a convenience jump or a "cool guy" move? Was anyone else there when you did it? (Were you trying to show your wifey you are still young and spry... cause you got some ribbing coming if so)

Lemme try to answer that for you:
DWags was happy cuz beer and the Lions and he tried playing cool guy in front of a future SiL.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-19, 16:07

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

lolz.

DWags was happy cuz beer and the Lions and he tried playing cool guy in front of a future SiL.

Some times we forget we are in our 60s Greenway. Be nicer to Dwags.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay, DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-19, 16:28

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Some times we forget we are in our 60s Greenway. Be nicer to Dwags.

It won’t be long before we all forget about it, anyway.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-01-19, 16:48

DWags wrote:

Yes.  Home on couch in liviyroom for two weeks. Learning to negotiate downstairs on a knee scooter.  
Vendor/salesman busted up his lower leg pretty bad in a skiing accident maybe 10 years ago.  First couple times he came to our place riding a knee scooter he seemed tentative.  He got use to it over 3-4 months.  Became difficult to keep up with out on the shop floor.  Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 502811600   He's all back to normal now, near as I can tell.  

Have patience learning the scooter, vigilant of your limitations.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-19, 17:12

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

lolz.

You’re not wrong.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn, AvgMSUJoe, MSU addict and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-19, 17:14

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yes.  Home on couch in liviyroom for two weeks. Learning to negotiate downstairs on a knee scooter.  
Vendor/salesman busted up his lower leg pretty bad in a skiing accident maybe 10 years ago.  First couple times he came to our place riding a knee scooter he seemed tentative.  He got use to it over 3-4 months.  Became difficult to keep up with out on the shop floor.  Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 502811600   He's all back to normal now, near as I can tell.  

The scooter is really cool. My youngest daughter’s boyfriend is building a ramp on my front porch when I can leave the house. Debate in our house. Is how dangerous I will be on it once I’m not on the street. Its solid. Maneuvers really well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-01-19, 19:26

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Vendor/salesman busted up his lower leg pretty bad in a skiing accident maybe 10 years ago.  First couple times he came to our place riding a knee scooter he seemed tentative.  He got use to it over 3-4 months.  Became difficult to keep up with out on the shop floor.  Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 502811600    He's all back to normal now, near as I can tell.  

The scooter is really cool. My youngest daughter’s boyfriend is building a ramp on my front porch when I can leave the house. Debate in our  house. Is how dangerous I will be on it once I’m not on the street.  Its solid.  Maneuvers really well.
glad you're at least home and somewhat stable with family helping you out.

Felt like I was close to joining the Old Guys Injured Reserve this afternoon.  Was clearing some snow on the driveway, wearing not-so-much snow/ice friendly Dr Marten boots and felt myself slip. Had a force/pressure going into the shovel and it kinda caught me and I was able to regain traction

Maybe we should all just bubblewrap ourselves until the dark cloud passes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-19, 19:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

The scooter is really cool. My youngest daughter’s boyfriend is building a ramp on my front porch when I can leave the house. Debate in our  house. Is how dangerous I will be on it once I’m not on the street.  Its solid.  Maneuvers really well.
glad you're at least home and somewhat stable with family helping you out.

Felt like I was close to joining the Old Guys Injured Reserve this afternoon.  Was clearing some snow on the driveway, wearing not-so-much snow/ice friendly Dr Marten boots and felt myself slip. Had a force/pressure going into the shovel and it kinda caught me and I was able to regain traction

Maybe we should all just bubblewrap ourselves until the dark cloud passes.

You kids are lucky.  It sucks to wonder if you are just out of condition or about to go code red when you have to shovel the shit the snow plow left at the end of the driveway.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2024-01-20, 09:51; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-19, 20:46

DWags has already made his first knee scooter video.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, duffy munn and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-01-20, 01:03

Hope he doesn't try jumping a woodpile with it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-01-20, 09:03

Trapper Gus wrote: It sucks to wonder if you are out of condition or about to go code red when you have to shovel the shit the snow plow left at the end of the driveway.

If you're over 40, don't do it. Heart attacks are still a thing.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

The Pantry, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-20, 10:43

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote: It sucks to wonder if you are out of condition or about to go code red when you have to shovel the shit the snow plow left at the end of the driveway.

If you're over 40, don't do it. Heart attacks are still a thing.

Been trying to train the sheep to move it around but no luck. The SO doesn't want me to plow it with a blade because it pushes stones into the grass...so a slow job of shoveling is what it gets.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-20, 15:41

Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:

If you're over 40, don't do it.   Heart attacks are still a thing.

Been trying to train the sheep to move it around but no luck.  The SO doesn't want me to plow it with a blade because it pushes stones into the grass...so a slow job of shoveling is what it gets.

Use the plow to slowly take the top off one smallersection at a time, like it’s a West Virginia mountain and you’re going for coal. Shovel the last remaining small layer. Or toss some oats on it and let the sheep do the work for you.
Note: that last line is sarcasm.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-23, 20:10

Fucking deep-bruised ribs suck. Dwags, how are you coming along? Ice skating yet?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, DWags, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-26, 15:03

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 Img_7310

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 Img_7311
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry, tGreenWay and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-01-26, 15:04

damn, man. Hope you heal up soon.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-26, 15:07

On the way back home. They recasted it and said they’re doing all casts in lions colors today. So…. Go lions. 6 weeks more.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 Img_7312

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry, tGreenWay, gomersbro, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-26, 15:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:damn, man. Hope you heal up soon.

Two more weeks elevation. Then a walking type boot. Doing seat yoga. Future SIL has weights he’s bringing for upper body. Using four legged walker for a form
Of push ups. No alcohol or caffeine

Doc says I won’t need a lawn service. I’ll be cutting the grass Just not gonna jump over the clippings.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-26, 15:12

DWags wrote:Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 Img_7310

Looks like they left a few strays in there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-01-26, 15:16

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:damn, man. Hope you heal up soon.

Two more weeks elevation.  Then a walking type boot. Doing seat yoga.  Future SIL has weights he’s bringing for upper body. Using four legged walker for a form
Of push ups. No alcohol or caffeine

Doc says I won’t need a lawn service.  I’ll be cutting the grass    Just not gonna jump over the clippings.
yeah, I hated to be 'that guy', but was gonna mention the importance of trying to keep as fit and healthy as you can, so once you are able to get out of the cast, into the boot, some PT can work more immediately on the atrophy and strengthen that leg back up.

I sometimes wonder what would be easier for me to give up.. alcohol or caffeine (morning coffee.. I don't do tea or any sort of sodas) - I sometimes go 3-4 days without a beer or bourbon, doesn't seem that bad. If I went 3-4 days without coffee, the collective well-being of the neighborhood might be in jeopardy.

hang in there, my dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-01-26, 15:19

The first words I hear when looking at that picture are "we can rebuild him, we have the technology".
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-26, 15:20

The upper is what I expected when you started talking about plates, those other "random" screws look wicked.

Do any of those come out at the end, or will you need your own lane to go through airport security?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-26, 15:23

Can’t see shit with all those pins in there. Could you ask the docs to unscrew them and grab another couple pics? Thanks a pantsful, Dwags.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-26, 15:24

DWags wrote:On the way back home. They recasted it and said they’re doing all casts in lions colors today. So…. Go lions. 6 weeks more.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 Img_7312

Funny thing is, I read Detroit is wearing all white for the game. You could’ve skipped the blue. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-01-26, 15:46

We have the technology. Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

Those wood piles wont know what didn't hit them (cause you'll clear it the next time)...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-26, 15:48

Trapper Gus wrote:The upper is what I expected when you started talking about plates, those other "random" screws look wicked.

Do any of those come out at the end, or will you need your own lane to go through airport security?

They all stay in. I guess I’ll cross the airport path when I need to.

So Harry High School football story. My junior year we were playing Cheboygan. 4th game of the season. I was having a great year as CB/rb. 3 interceptions already. Anyway, I made a tackle and the pile fell on me. My foot was at a 45 degree angle. So back in 1979 they did bone reduction surgery, same leg no plates needed. The break was really clean and they just kind of pushed and aligned the bones up. I was casted until February.

Cut to 12 days ago. The surgeon I had says on the mri it looks like I had been walking around with perhaps a loose bone fragment for 44 years. We all started laughing because sometimes my ankle would swell up for no apparent reason. My wife and daughters would always tell me to get it looked at but the swelling would go down and I was fine. So, I believe one of those screws went in from the front to pull the fragment closer to the fibula or tibia. He said it was quite the project. But he’s really pleased with his work. He’s the one who took all the pictures and wanted me to send them to my future SIL. I guess they’ve become buddies over my broken leg.

Made it through it all no OxyContin. But I have em.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, gomersbro and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2024-01-26, 17:04

It looks like they had to make a long cut. Have you looked at the wound yet?

Do they have you on blood thinners? I found those shots the worst part--in the belly daily.

Rest up now. They will be having you do PT before you know it.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-01-26, 17:22

That's some serious hardware.  Stainless steel or titanium?

Friend's wife was in a really bad car crash about 35 years ago.  Lucky she lived.  Leg busted up hip-to-toe.  Friend said after the intial surgery, she had external hardware.  Docs had attached rods to her bones that poked out of the skin to attach to another rod on the outside running the length of her leg.  Was in the hospital 6 months.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2024-01-26, 17:26

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:The upper is what I expected when you started talking about plates, those other "random" screws look wicked.

They all stay in. I guess I’ll cross the airport path when I need to.

So Harry High School football story. My junior year we were playing Cheboygan. 4th game of the season. I was having a great year as CB/rb. 3 interceptions already. Anyway, I made a tackle and the pile fell on me. My foot was at a 45 degree angle. So back in 1979 they did bone reduction surgery, same leg no plates needed. The break was really clean and they just kind of pushed and aligned the bones up. I was casted until February.

Cut to 12 days ago. The surgeon I had says on the mri it looks like I had been walking around with perhaps a loose bone fragment for 44 years. We all started laughing because sometimes my ankle would swell up for no apparent reason. My wife and daughters would always tell me to get it looked at but the swelling would go down and I was fine. So, I believe one of those screws went in from the front to pull the fragment closer to the fibula or tibia. He said it was quite the project. But he’s really pleased with his work. He’s the one who took all the pictures and wanted me to send them to my future SIL. I guess they’ve become buddies over my broken leg.

Made it through it all no OxyContin. But I have em.

I'm glad things are looking better and I hope for a quick and full recovery. Now, about the spare OxyContin...
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-26, 17:40

The Pantry wrote:

That's some serious hardware.  Stainless steel or titanium?

Friend's wife was in a really bad car crash about 35 years ago.  Lucky she lived.  Leg busted up hip-to-toe.  Friend said after the intial surgery, she had external hardware.  Docs had attached rods to her bones that poked out of the skin to attach to another rod on the outside running the length of her leg.  Was in the hospital 6 months.

I think it’s titanium. I’d show the sutures and scar before they casted it, but I think it s a bit gross. It’s about six inches on the outside of my leg. Then a three inch one on the inside. Then an inch in front.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay, gomersbro and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-01-29, 12:40

What's the frequency DWags?

Sorry to hear you won't need a lawn service. Heal well old(ish) man.

Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-01-29, 13:03

DWags will get a medical card that explains why the TSA scanner sounds like the slot machine room at a casino when he flys.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-01-29, 13:16

GRR Spartan wrote:DWags will get a medical card that explains why the TSA scanner sounds like the slot machine room at a casino when he flys.

My wife sets it off everytime she goes through one. She has some metal in her lower spine but it always shows up in upper back area and they never find anything.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-01-31, 20:10

DWags.. stopped by this place tonight and thought about you. It's right where you left it.

Hope you're healing up.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 20231213
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-31, 20:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:DWags.. stopped by this place tonight and thought about you. It's right where you left it.

Hope you're healing up.

Nice! Hope you had a nice burger and beer!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-01, 07:46

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:DWags.. stopped by this place tonight and thought about you. It's right where you left it.

Hope you're healing up.

Nice! Hope you had a nice burger and beer!
yessir.. a Dags burger with cheese, ketchup, mustard and chopped onions.. one Old Style. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 5 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next