Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

+22
GRR Spartan
Rick Saunders
DWags
Pervis Muldoon
The Pantry
gomersbro
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Trapper Gus
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Zurn
InTenSity
I.B. Fine
aualum06
Turtleneck
duffy munn
CaptainSlow33
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
26 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-15, 13:47

I.B. Fine wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Damn Wags. At our age you never, and I mean NEVER, leave your feet. Heal up brother.
Poppycock! I've still got a solid 3/4" vertical...

We still talking about jumping?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by I.B. Fine 2024-01-15, 13:48

Turtleneck wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5e2svvgebv0f6knztydsmx37x84u80u7st1aiz84c&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-15, 13:51

I.B. Fine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5e2svvgebv0f6knztydsmx37x84u80u7st1aiz84c&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-01-15, 14:08

The Pantry wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:Get well soon Dwags, Kingston and even you with your abrasion Pantry.  Put some Bactine and a Curad on it for god's sake and get your pants back on.
Neosporin.  Banged em up pretty good.  Scabbing over well but sweats are the only thing that feel comfortable.  Too cold for shorts.  Neck still sore but bump on the head feeling better except when combing my hair and discovering the scab is still there.  First time I ever took MLK day off...WOOT!

The Bactine and Curad is for Dwags. You're supposed to rub dirt and lard on it. I didn't think that needed to be said.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-15, 14:37

Thanks all. Two plates goi in tomorrow. I’m a bit fucked up. Sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe, I.B. Fine and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2024-01-15, 15:01

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5hkuo82fezg7pptqi9i1y6rh66h9t11do88npfsg8&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-01-15, 15:01

DWags wrote:Thanks all. Two plates goi in tomorrow. I’m a bit fucked up. Sucks.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-01-15, 15:23

fuckin' Green Bay wins a game and DWags thinks he's Edwin Moses.

(Get better, dude!)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 15:29

Turtleneck wrote:This is all bad advice. Keep jumping, DWags. Reach for the stars. Don't give up on life. My buddy, GreenWay, is of an advanced age but can still dunk from the three-point line. He never stopped jumping. He continues to jump everyday between naps.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 Img_6510
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

duffy munn, DWags and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 15:31

Turtleneck wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 502811600 good one, buddy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-01-15, 16:02

Rick Saunders wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Neosporin.  Banged em up pretty good.  Scabbing over well but sweats are the only thing that feel comfortable.  Too cold for shorts.  Neck still sore but bump on the head feeling better except when combing my hair and discovering the scab is still there.  First time I ever took MLK day off...WOOT!

The Bactine and Curad is for Dwags. You're supposed to rub dirt and lard on it. I didn't think that needed to be said.
One of my best friends broke his neck diving off a boat into shallow water on Lake St Clair 10 years ago. The coroner ruled his death drowning. How stupid is that...?

In the milliseconds of my slip and fall, seeing/knowing my head was about to impact the garage door jam, I thought about him. Thought how ironic it would be if we both died of broken necks. I could see it coming and made successful adjustments to minimize injury. He couldn't...Muscamoot Bay is murky. Like to think his death was instantaneous.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-01-15, 16:07

The Pantry wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

One of my best friends broke his neck diving off a boat into shallow water on Lake St Clair 10 years ago. The coroner ruled his death drowning. How stupid is that...?

In the milliseconds of my slip and fall, seeing/knowing my head was about to impact the garage door jam, I thought about him. Thought how ironic it would be if we both died of broken necks. I could see it coming and made successful adjustments to minimize injury. He couldn't...Muscamoot Bay is murky. Like to think his death was instantaneous.

Ouch. That's a tragic loss. Sorry to learn that Pantry. Glad you were able to avoid something more serious than the inability to comfortably wear pants... or broken ribs or both shinbones. Tough coupla weeks for some of you folks.

Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 18:00

Tough week for older Swillers. The bad juju from all three currently in the infirmary made its way to East Lansing today. While walking the notorious d-o-g, I slipped and fell from ice on a neighbor’s sidewalk. Was able to toss the bag of poop and balled up the fist holding the leash so as not to accidentally let it go. Getting rid of the poop was a great idea, but when I landed on my fist it was up/down, not side to side. I don’t think anything busted, but one area feels real bruised in certain situations, plus my shoulder socket aches like a MoFo. Looks like I won’t be dunking this week.
Beware, the rest of you. The jinx is strong on tSwill.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-01-15, 18:05

tGreenWay wrote:Tough week for older Swillers. The bad juju from all three currently in the infirmary made its way to East Lansing today. While walking the notorious d-o-g, I slipped and fell from ice on a neighbor’s sidewalk. Was able to toss the bag of poop and balled up the fist holding the leash so as not to accidentally let it go. Getting rid of the poop was a great idea, but when I landed on my fist it was up/down, not side to side. I don’t think anything busted, but one area feels real bruised in certain situations, plus my shoulder socket aches like a MoFo. Looks like I won’t be dunking this week.

Dammit. Can't hurt to get those areas looked at.

My advice from the hiking trails is: strap on.

Kahtoola EXOspikes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-15, 18:10

tGreenWay wrote:Tough week for older Swillers. The bad juju from all three currently in the infirmary made its way to East Lansing today. While walking the notorious d-o-g, I slipped and fell from ice on a neighbor’s sidewalk. Was able to toss the bag of poop and balled up the fist holding the leash so as not to accidentally let it go. Getting rid of the poop was a great idea, but when I landed on my fist it was up/down, not side to side. I don’t think anything busted, but one area feels real bruised in certain situations, plus my shoulder socket aches like a MoFo. Looks like I won’t be dunking this week.

Just let the d o g run free next time.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 18:18

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Kahtoola EXOspikes.

This only happened an hour ago. I’ll keep an eye on my breathing, thanks. It’s my shoulder that seems to be getting worse. I’ll also get my yaktraxx on and check on your recommendation.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 18:20

Trapper Gus wrote:

Just let the d o g run free next time.

Yeah, not happening yet. Our neighborhood is bordered on the north and south by Saginaw and Grand River Ave. Once I know she won’t run it won’t be an issue, but it’s still too soon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-15, 19:10

Oh no! What do you need buddy? I am here for you. I will organize a candlelight prayer vigil thing outside your house. Bob will help. Everyone please donate to the Go Fund Me for GreenWay’s health. PM me for the link.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-15, 19:31

Turtleneck wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Actually we're talking about not jumping Turtleneck
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-15, 19:40

Damn Greenway. At least when you got hurt you didn't leave your feet on purpose. Let this be another lesson to all swllers young and old: both feet on the ground at all times!

Feel better Green way
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 19:42

Turtleneck wrote:

Oh no! What do you need buddy? I am here for you. I will organize a candlelight prayer vigil thing outside your house. Bob will help. Everyone please donate to the Go Fund Me for GreenWay’s health. PM me for the link.

Your caring means so much, buddy. And to reciprocate, despite it being for me, let’s not have Swillers milling about outside. It’s too cold for a vigil. As for funding, it would be my great honor to send all the cash from my gofundme page and put it to replacing DWags’ pants.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-01-15, 19:48

Man, I hope the dogs ok. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 19:50

duffy munn wrote:

Damn Greenway. At least when you got hurt you didn't leave your feet on purpose. Let this be another lesson to all swllers young and old: both feet on the ground at all times!

Feel better Green way

Not sure my feet ever actually left the ground. While I haven’t fallen often, all previous times had my feet fly out from under me and I’ve had bone-jarring drops falling on my back and/or ass.This is the first time I’ve gone full body face down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-01-15, 20:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Kahtoola EXOspikes.
damn, GW - hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better.

To Floyd's point, the Khatoola spikes are a great investment. I have both the nanospike and the microscope, depending on walking/hiking/running conditions.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 20:35

kingstonlake wrote:

Man, I hope the dogs ok. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 2809484752

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 502811600 She’s good.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-15, 20:36

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Feel better Green way

Not sure my feet ever actually left the ground. While I haven’t fallen often, all previous times had my feet fly out from under me and I’ve had bone-jarring drops falling on my back and/or ass.This is the first time I’ve gone full body face down.

Because you have perfect balance, buddy. You make perfect phone calls and have perfect balance. Many people are saying it. The best people.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 20:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Kahtoola EXOspikes.
damn, GW - hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better.

To Floyd's point, the Khatoola spikes are a great investment. I have both the nanospike and the microscope, depending on walking/hiking/running conditions.

It’s unlikely I’m coordinated enough to walk on microscopes. Plus, it seems wasteful and I’m not real good at sciencey things.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-01-15, 20:43

[Taping together a fetching pair of bubble wrap overalls]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 21:55

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Because you have perfect balance, buddy. You make perfect phone calls and have perfect balance. Many people are saying it. The best people.

Thank you, buddy. You are the best. Better than anyone has ever seen before.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-15, 21:56

AvgMSUJoe wrote:[Taping together a fetching pair of bubble wrap overalls]

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 502811600

You are a wise man, Joe.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-16, 02:06

Hey Dwags, can you pass the morphine, please? And Kingston, you just keep passing the :poop:
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-01-16, 06:27

I hope everyone heals up well.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-16, 06:52

How is the Boomer infirmary this morning?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-01-16, 07:24

I found tSwill a new corporate sponsor. I've been in touch with their NIL people and they're very interested.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 2 20240110
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry, tGreenWay, duffy munn, AvgMSUJoe, Turtleneck, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-01-16, 08:20

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Kahtoola EXOspikes.

This only happened an hour ago. I’ll keep an eye on my breathing, thanks. It’s my shoulder that seems to be getting worse. I’ll also get my yaktraxx on and check on your recommendation.

Slipped and fell on my front porch a couple of days ago. Bruised my hip and shoulder. If these things run in threes like everything else we should all be in the clear. Oh, and don't wear crocs when you're shoveling the front porch
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-01-16, 08:33

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Slipped and fell on my front porch a couple of days ago. Bruised my hip and shoulder. If these things run in threes like everything else we should all be in the clear. Oh, and don't wear crocs when you're shoveling the front porch
Wonder how many of these are croc related? It's the convenience that gets ya. Death traps otherwise.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2024-01-16, 09:03

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for all your injuries. I don't really have anything meaningful to add, though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-01-16, 09:04

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

in the legal community, of which I am not a part of, there is something called "assumption of the risk".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-16, 10:03

duffy munn wrote:Damn Wags. At our age you never, and I mean NEVER, leave your feet. Heal up brother.

I would add that this advice should include ladders also.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-16, 10:06

duffy munn wrote:How is the Boomer infirmary this morning?

This is way more true than I would have thought.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next