Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

+22
GRR Spartan
Rick Saunders
DWags
Pervis Muldoon
The Pantry
gomersbro
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Trapper Gus
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Zurn
InTenSity
I.B. Fine
aualum06
Turtleneck
duffy munn
CaptainSlow33
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 3 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by Robert J Sakimano 16/01/24, 10:11 am

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Damn Wags. At our age you never, and I mean NEVER, leave your feet. Heal up brother.

I would add that this advice should include ladders also.

Never thought I'd wind up this far behind
Just a couple years back, we had it made
I was emptying my bladder on a twenty foot ladder
Shoulda climbed down and found myself some shade

Doctor took a quick look and I got out the checkbook
And left with a pocket full of pills
Now my back's still hurtin' and I'm too weak for workin'
And I can't keep up with all the bills

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 3 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by duffy munn 16/01/24, 10:13 am

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Damn Wags. At our age you never, and I mean NEVER, leave your feet. Heal up brother.

Yep. I'll add cleaning gutters, going on the roof of the house for any reason, trimming trees and probably all power tools.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 16/01/24, 10:23 am

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yep. I'll add cleaning gutters, going on the roof of the house for any reason, trimming trees and probably all power tools.
damn.. y'all starting to spook me a little bit. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 3 502811600

I've never enjoyed cleaning out gutters (not a fan of heights), but I try to find a reason to use power tools about once a week. Most recently put up new trim in our kitchen and dining room.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 16/01/24, 10:26 am

Do we need to postpone the lemon party?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 16/01/24, 11:09 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

damn.. y'all starting to spook me a little bit. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 3 502811600

I've never enjoyed cleaning out gutters (not a fan of heights), but I try to find a reason to use power tools about once a week. Most recently put up new trim in our kitchen and dining room.

Enjoy your current run Bob. Very soon you will "have a guy" for such things
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 16/01/24, 11:37 am

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Was up on a ladder trimming branches with one of those tree branch trimming things with the rope and got hung up a bit. And the ladder started going sideways. Not sure how I didn't at least twist an ankle when I hit the ground. Tuck and roll, I guess. That ended leaving the ground to trim branches.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 16/01/24, 11:57 am

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Was up on a ladder trimming branches with one of those tree branch trimming things with the rope and got hung up a bit. And the ladder started going sideways. Not sure how I didn't at least twist an ankle when I hit the ground. Tuck and roll, I guess. That ended leaving the ground to trim branches.
About 10 years ago I had a 'handy man' doing something at the place I lived at. I forget what he was doing exactly but he went up with a ladder on the side of the townhouse. I think I left him there to go run some errands. Apparently the ladder wasn't stable and he fell and shattered his ankle. I was terrified he was going to sue me, although I don't think any of it was my fault. Ultimately he didn't, maybe because he also wasn't licensed. A neighbor of mine used him for a lot of things, and he was pretty messed up after that fall. I'm not even sure why he went up the ladder TBH.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 16/01/24, 12:38 pm

InTenSity wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Was up on a ladder trimming branches with one of those tree branch trimming things with the rope and got hung up a bit.  And the ladder started going sideways.  Not sure how I didn't at least twist an ankle when I hit the ground.  Tuck and roll, I guess.  That ended leaving the ground to trim branches.  
About 10 years ago I had a 'handy man' doing something at the place I lived at. I forget what he was doing exactly but he went up with a ladder on the side of the townhouse. I think I left him there to go run some errands. Apparently the ladder wasn't stable and he fell and shattered his ankle. I was terrified he was going to sue me, although I don't think any of it was my fault. Ultimately he didn't, maybe because he also wasn't licensed. A neighbor of mine used him for a lot of things, and he was pretty messed up after that fall. I'm not even sure why he went up the ladder TBH.
Friend that broke his neck diving off the boat stopped by a couple years before to borrow my 12 foot step ladder...said he needed me too, in case he fell.  Was trimming a very large tree in the backyard that overhung his inground pool.  Had his extension ladder propped against the tree and set the step ladder next to it.  He used both climbing around up there, sometimes at the same time.  He was like 55 at the time and using an electric pole saw.  Watched from the ground thinking he was crazy.  Pole saw wasn't enough for larger branches so we went and bought a chainsaw from Lowes.  He seemed to get even crazier with that.  Was jumping branch to branch cutting off some big limbs.  Still amazed he didn't manage to kill himself that day.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 16/01/24, 01:57 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Looks like I won’t be dunking this week.

Can't you hold your donut in the other hand?
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/24, 02:08 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Slipped and fell on my front porch a couple of days ago. Bruised my hip and shoulder. If these things run in threes like everything else we should all be in the clear. Oh, and don't wear crocs when you're shoveling the front porch
Wonder how many of these are croc related? It's the convenience that gets ya. Death traps otherwise.

No crocs at the GreenWays. Sorel slippers or bust. There’s an ob-gyn who used to deliver babies while wearing crocs. I teased him about it and asked if that’s the first type of shoe any newborn should see in their early and impressionable lives. I don’t think he cared.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 16/01/24, 02:42 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Slipped and fell on my front porch a couple of days ago. Bruised my hip and shoulder. If these things run in threes like everything else we should all be in the clear. Oh, and don't wear crocs when you're shoveling the front porch
in the legal community, of which I am not a part of, there is something called "assumption of the risk".

So I can't sue my wife because she failed to shovel the front porch or because she didn't tell me wear proper footwear?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 16/01/24, 02:52 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
in the legal community, of which I am not a part of, there is something called "assumption of the risk".

So I can't sue my wife because she failed to shovel the front porch or because she didn't tell me wear proper footwear?
dude, you're an adult male wearing rubber shoes.

I don't think you're in a position to file a suit against anyone.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 16/01/24, 03:52 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

WTF, you mean I can't sue anyone because I made a bad choice?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/24, 04:12 pm

Rick Saunders wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Looks like I won’t be dunking this week.

Can't you hold your donut in the other hand?

That would require me letting go of what I’m currently hold onto. I don’t want to do that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/24, 04:15 pm

Waiting for xray results. I doubt anything is busted but my wife was pretty insistent. Better to get the pics taken than hear her and I’m not gonna finish that sentence. lol
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/24, 04:15 pm

Have we heard from Dwags?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 16/01/24, 04:21 pm

DWags wrote:Thanks all. Two plates goi in tomorrow. I’m a bit fucked up. Sucks.

This was his last post from yesterday, so probably in the process of surgery and post surgery.

Hope it want very well.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 16/01/24, 04:29 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

just givin' ya a hard time about the rubber shoes.

Full disclosure: I grabbed a pair of Skechers this past summer.. kinda Croc knockoffs.. Crocoffs, one could argue - to wear ironically to our friend's pool.

My wife took a picture (while I was wearing rainbow socks) in case evidence is needed during divorce proceedings.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 3 20230714
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/24, 05:03 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Full disclosure: I grabbed a pair of Skechers this past summer.. kinda Croc knockoffs.. Crocoffs, one could argue - to wear ironically to our friend's pool.

My wife took a picture (while I was wearing rainbow socks) in case evidence is needed during divorce proceedings.

Good god that’s terrifying.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 16/01/24, 05:20 pm

Love the socks.  Fun fact, crazy sock combinations are supposed to indicate support for down syndrome.  I think, it sounds good to me, so I do it as often as I can. It isn't very often though since I mostly wear sandals.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 16/01/24, 06:37 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Have we heard from Dwags?
I texted him yesterday. Hate to be overbearing but I might check in with him at some point. I suspect he's probably out of it a bit at thr moment.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 16/01/24, 06:39 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Good god that’s terrifying.
between the runner shoes, the rainbow socks.. it was definitely a tragedy of ironical proportions.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 16/01/24, 06:40 pm

InTenSity wrote:Love the socks.  Fun fact, crazy sock combinations are supposed to indicate support for down syndrome.  I think, it sounds good to me, so I do it as often as I can. It isn't very often though since I mostly wear sandals.
very cool! Didn't know that but count on me mixin' it up evven more now that I do. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 3 969504605

(I never wear sandals.. hence the display of foot vomit above). Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 17/01/24, 08:04 am

Update Dwags?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 17/01/24, 08:14 am

duffy munn wrote:Update Dwags?
He texted me about how hot the nurse is that removed his catheter. Said his name was Pete.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/01/24, 08:15 am

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 3 B26e9e46-9724-4988-9ddd-ea4960fc1463_text
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 17/01/24, 08:52 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

No way this does not violate Forumotion terms of service.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/24, 08:58 am

Surgery went fine I guess. Guy was a Spartan undergrad. Was Lyman Briggs but stayed in Akers. Talked to my daughter and I about the 2019 final four. Everyone raves about him.

Told me I’m off of it for at least 6 maybe 8 weeks. Two plates bunch of screws an it sucks.

I’m in and out of sleep and the block is wearing off today, but I’m going to do my best not to take the OxyContin. Not interested.

I’ll be clear headed by tonight. But damn this sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, MiamiSpartan, The Pantry, tGreenWay, duffy munn, AvgMSUJoe, Turtleneck and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 17/01/24, 08:59 am

DWags wrote:Surgery went fine I guess. Guy was a Spartan undergrad. Was Lyman Briggs but stayed in Akers. Talked to my daughter and I about the 2019 final four. Everyone raves about him.

Told me I’m off of it for at least 6 maybe 8 weeks. Two plates bunch of screws an it sucks.

I’m in and out of sleep and the block is wearing off today, but I’m going to do my best not to take the OxyContin. Not interested.

How's the detox going though?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 17/01/24, 09:05 am

DWags wrote:Surgery went fine I guess. Guy was a Spartan undergrad. Was Lyman Briggs but stayed in Akers. Talked to my daughter and I about the 2019 final four. Everyone raves about him.

I’m in and out of sleep and the block is wearing off today, but I’m going to do my best not to take the OxyContin.  Not interested.

Pain drugs have their uses, and we Swillers all know that you are strong enough to stop using them when the pain lessens.

Have you talked to the doctors to have an alternate pain blocker?

As to your situation, once I saw that you were having plates installed, I knew it was Darious Snow bad.

It absolutely sucks.

Get better as fast as you can.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 17/01/24, 09:13 am

Wow! This escalated quickly. Wishing you a full recovery.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 17/01/24, 09:38 am

DWags wrote:

Take the OxyContin. Far better to get ahead of the pain than behind it.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 17/01/24, 09:43 am

T & P Dwags.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 17/01/24, 09:51 am

stay strong, home slice!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 17/01/24, 10:15 am

I’m in and out of sleep and the block is wearing off today, but I’m going to do my best not to take the OxyContin.  Not interested.

Holy shit Dwags. TWife went through something similar after a car accident a few years back. Multiple screws and plates and off her feet for 10 weeks. I hope you have someone to help you out, at least in the short term. I know she was pretty helpless the first two weeks. Also, take something for the pain. I get wanting to stay away from the oxy's but biting the bullet may make things worse for you. Hard to rest/sleep when you're in pain.

Heal up brother.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/01/24, 10:17 am

Dang. Sorry, bro.

Might have to send you a hat or something.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 17/01/24, 10:18 am

Happy to hear you’re now on the mend, Dwags.
As for pain, consider weed gummies. When I messed up my MCL two years ago, they were the missing link. They didn’t really take away all the pain, but I was so stoned I didn’t care at all.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 17/01/24, 10:22 am

tGreenWay wrote:Happy to hear you’re now on the mend, Dwags.
As for pain, consider weed gummies. When I messed up my MCL two years ago, they were the missing link. They didn’t really take away all the pain, but I was so stoned I didn’t care at all.

Hey buddy, how are you feeling? Just so you know, you "friends" here are not donating to your recovery fund and Bob is refusing to help with the candlelight vigil now planned for July. I might have to hire an outside event company for that. Don't worry, Mexico will pay for it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 17/01/24, 10:30 am

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Happy to hear you’re now on the mend, Dwags.

Hey buddy, how are you feeling? Just so you know, you "friends" here are not donating to your recovery fund and Bob is refusing to help with the candlelight vigil now planned for July. I might have to hire an outside event company for that. Don't worry, Mexico will pay for it.

Sad! I’m going to build a wall to hide my disappointment.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 17/01/24, 10:32 am

Hey Dwags, I hear Princess Kate is in the hospital. Did you see her? Give her your lime jello. That will get you in good with the royals.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next