Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

+22
GRR Spartan
Rick Saunders
DWags
Pervis Muldoon
The Pantry
gomersbro
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Trapper Gus
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Zurn
InTenSity
I.B. Fine
aualum06
Turtleneck
duffy munn
CaptainSlow33
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
26 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by DWags 2024-02-09, 16:53

So two weeks ago, I allowed them to put a lions blue cast on me in solidarity with the Detroit contingent where I live. I had to get it taken off today suits removed and recasted.  I’m glad the lions had the season that they did but all I have to say right now is fuck the lions   Go Green.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 6 Img_7316
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-09, 17:05

Should have went for Barbie pink.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-09, 17:50

DWags wrote:So two weeks ago, I allowed them to put a lions blue cast on me in solidarity with the Detroit contingent where I live. I had to get it taken off today suits removed and recasted.  I’m glad the lions had the season that they did but all I have to say right now is fuck the lions   Go Green.

You're all set for the upcoming Easter egg hunt. Can you put some food dye on it to make it closer to Spartan green?

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-09, 18:00

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:So two weeks ago, I allowed them to put a lions blue cast on me in solidarity with the Detroit contingent where I live. I had to get it taken off today suits removed and recasted.  I’m glad the lions had the season that they did but all I have to say right now is fuck the lions   Go Green.

You're all set for the upcoming Easter egg hunt.  Can you put some food dye on it to make it closer to Spartan green?

It was the closest they had. Three -four weeks I get a boot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-02-09, 19:27

Did you save your old cast? I wanna smell it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-12, 15:17

DWags - how ya feeling? Coming along okay?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-12, 16:13

End of February I’m getting this cast cut off and getting a boot put on

Then it’s physical therapy through March and I’ll be at the spring game in April. Thanks for asking. I’m hanging in there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry, duffy munn, Motown Spartan, AvgMSUJoe, gomersbro and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-12, 18:48

Not that anyone cares, but I stll have scabs on my knees from slipping and falling in the driveway...before Wags tried hopping the woodpile. Long term scabs are incredibly tough. DWags likely has a couple under that cast that might last til beyond getting the boot...maybe until the spring game. Betting his footwear/calve shots will never be the same Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 6 4177874726
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-02-12, 18:59

You got circulation problems? That doesnt seem right. Diabetes? Oh wait you had a heart issue, i guess it makes more sense.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-12, 19:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:You got circulation problems? That doesnt seem right. Diabetes? Oh wait you had a heart issue, i guess it makes more sense.
Going on 65. No diabetes. Heart issue, yes. Not sure either has anything to do with severe scabs, except maybe medications I'm on.

The human body is pretty incredible. The longer the scab lasts, the longer the injury is taking to heal. My experience since a kid. Picking at them only lengthens the process. Old scabs build to be tough as hell protecting the injury. Going on 5 weeks later, could likely peel them off with no bleeding. Won't. They'll fall off in due time.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-02-12, 19:35

DWags wrote:End of February I’m getting this cast cut off and getting a boot put on

Then it’s physical therapy through March and I’ll be at the spring game in April. Thanks for asking. I’m hanging in there.

That’s the second time you’ve mentioned a boot, Dwags. Are you Canadian?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-02-12, 19:39

The Pantry wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:You got circulation problems? That doesnt seem right. Diabetes? Oh wait you had a heart issue, i guess it makes more sense.
Going on 65. No diabetes. Heart issue, yes. Not sure either has anything to do with severe scabs, except maybe medications I'm on.

The human body is pretty incredible. The longer the scab lasts, the longer the injury is taking to heal. My experience since a kid. Picking at them only lengthens the process. Old scabs build to be tough as hell protecting the injury. Going on 5 weeks later, could likely peel them off with no bleeding. Won't. They'll fall off in due time.

Using neosporin or pure aloe would speed things along and help lessen scarring. What caused your fall?

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-12, 20:02

Aloe vera is great for just about everything. Hair gel, dry skin, sunburn, healing minor dings and dents.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay, duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-12, 20:05

DWags wrote:End of February I’m getting this cast cut off and getting a boot put on

sounds good. I'll track ya down at the spring game.

How's the no alcohol/coffee going?

(I ask because I've cut back on alcohol quite a bit. Met friends on Saturday. Had 3 beers over the span of about 4 hours. It's the only alcohol I've had in 8 days. Been easier than I thought it was gonna be... thankfully).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-12, 20:07

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Going on 65. No diabetes. Heart issue, yes. Not sure either has anything to do with severe scabs, except maybe medications I'm on.

Using neosporin or pure aloe would speed things along and help lessen scarring. What caused your fall?

Used Neosporin the first week, until I could wear pants again comfortably. Sweats were my go-to.

Was the snowfall that Friday evening. Bent a tree over next to the house. Was trying to knock some it off with a snowrake and slipped in the wet sloppy shit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-02-12, 20:20

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Used Neosporin the first week, until I could wear pants again comfortably.  Sweats were my go-to.

Was the snowfall that Friday evening.  Bent a tree over next to the house.  Was trying to knock some it off with a snowrake and slipped in the wet sloppy shit.    

Been there, minus the scraping. You’d think with the number of times I’ve planted on ice/snow/slush, my falls would begin to look more graceful. Not a chance.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-12, 21:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

sounds good. I'll track ya down at the spring game.

How's the no alcohol/coffee going?

(I ask because I've cut back on alcohol quite a bit. Met friends on Saturday. Had 3 beers over the span of about 4 hours. It's the only alcohol I've had in 8 days. Been easier than I thought it was gonna be... thankfully).

Had coffee today. No alcohol still. (Did have a glass of wine with Super Bowl dinner). Didn’t finish it. I think I’m not missing alcohol at all.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry, tGreenWay, Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-12, 21:15

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Used Neosporin the first week, until I could wear pants again comfortably.  Sweats were my go-to.

Was the snowfall that Friday evening.  Bent a tree over next to the house.  Was trying to knock some it off with a snowrake and slipped in the wet sloppy shit.    

Been there, minus the scraping. You’d think with the number of times I’ve planted on ice/snow/slush, my falls would begin to look more graceful. Not a chance.
Glad there were no mobile phone cameras, X/Instagram/tictok to capture my most embarrassing moments. Kids have it tough now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2024-02-12, 21:33

The Pantry wrote:Not that anyone cares, but I stll have scabs on my knees from slipping and falling in the driveway...before Wags tried hopping the woodpile.  Long term scabs are incredibly tough.  DWags likely has a couple under that cast that might last til beyond getting the boot...maybe until the spring game.  Betting his footwear/calve shots will never be the same Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 6 4177874726
The Pantry wrote:Going on 65.  No diabetes.  Heart issue, yes.  Not sure either has anything to do with severe scabs, except maybe medications I'm on.  

The human body is pretty incredible.  The longer the scab lasts, the longer the injury is taking to heal.  My experience since a kid. Picking at them only lengthens the process.  Old scabs build to be tough as hell protecting the injury.  Going on 5 weeks later, could likely peel them off with no bleeding.  Won't.  They'll fall off in due time.

We all care. Not a doctor but do know a bit about wound care. Blood thinners can definitely have a negative effect on wound healing. Scabs do protect wounds but have a negative effect on tissue growth. Moist scabs heal quicker than dry scabs. Your diet (as in what you eat) can also have an effect wound healing.

I would encourage you to talk to your doctor about any wounds if you are on blood thinners or if your wounds are taking longer than expected to heal. At the very least keep a close eye on them and seek help promptly if things are not going as expected.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-12, 22:00

MSU addict wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Not that anyone cares, but I stll have scabs on my knees from slipping and falling in the driveway...before Wags tried hopping the woodpile.  Long term scabs are incredibly tough.  DWags likely has a couple under that cast that might last til beyond getting the boot...maybe until the spring game.  Betting his footwear/calve shots will never be the same Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 6 4177874726
The Pantry wrote:Going on 65.  No diabetes.  Heart issue, yes.  Not sure either has anything to do with severe scabs, except maybe medications I'm on.  

The human body is pretty incredible.  The longer the scab lasts, the longer the injury is taking to heal.  My experience since a kid. Picking at them only lengthens the process.  Old scabs build to be tough as hell protecting the injury.  Going on 5 weeks later, could likely peel them off with no bleeding.  Won't.  They'll fall off in due time.

We all care.  Not a doctor but do know a bit about wound care.  Blood thinners can definitely have a negative effect on wound healing.  Scabs do protect wounds but have a negative effect on tissue growth.  Moist scabs heal quicker than dry scabs.  Your diet (as in what you eat) can also have an effect wound healing.  

I would encourage you to talk to your doctor about any wounds if you are on blood thinners or if your wounds are taking longer than expected to heal.  At the very least keep a close eye on them and seek help promptly if things are not going as expected.  
Wounds are healing at their own pace, which seem on track IME.  No infection.  Not worried at all.  Thanks for your concern/thoughts.

But, I can't imagine DWags modeling MSU footwear with scabs/scars. You know it's gonna happen affraid cheers

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-02-13, 02:22

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Glad there were no mobile phone cameras, X/Instagram/tictok to capture my most embarrassing moments. Kids have it tough now.

Yep. lol Although, if your falls are like mine, someone would already have to have the phone pointed at us because it all happens so fast.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-02-13, 06:22

tGreenWay wrote:

That’s the second time you’ve mentioned a boot, Dwags. Are you Canadian?

A boot dammit, a real boot, like for his foot. Not a boat, for water, a boot!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-02-13, 09:16

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Glad there were no mobile phone cameras, X/Instagram/tictok to capture my most embarrassing moments. Kids have it tough now.

Yep. lol Although, if your falls are like mine, someone would already have to have the phone pointed at us because it all happens so fast.

Wife and I were staying at SIL a few years back. Open suitcase was laying on the floor. SIL walks in the room trips on it and lands right in the middle of suitcase and can't get back up. She calls her son to help and he runs in and whips out his phone and starts recording. She didn't get hurt but it was pretty funny at the time. Still is whenever it gets brought up.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-13, 09:32

The Pantry wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

We all care.  Not a doctor but do know a bit about wound care.  Blood thinners can definitely have a negative effect on wound healing.  Scabs do protect wounds but have a negative effect on tissue growth.  Moist scabs heal quicker than dry scabs.  Your diet (as in what you eat) can also have an effect wound healing.  

I would encourage you to talk to your doctor about any wounds if you are on blood thinners or if your wounds are taking longer than expected to heal.  At the very least keep a close eye on them and seek help promptly if things are not going as expected.  
Wounds are healing at their own pace, which seem on track IME.  No infection.  Not worried at all.  Thanks for your concern/thoughts.

as a lot of us know, the older we get, we don't rebound from anything quite as easily.

combine that with a compromised immune system, even a cold lingers with me. Infection, whether viral or bacterial, knock me out. I'm currently on my 2nd med for the same ear infection I've been battling now for 10+ days.

and I'm otherwise fairly healthy.. that's the wild part. I can't imagine having to include/consider other risk factors (obesity, smoking, heart issues, etc).

take care of yourself. Stay on top of things, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-13, 10:05

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Wife and I were staying at SIL a few years back. Open suitcase was laying on the floor. SIL walks in the room trips on it and lands right in the middle of suitcase and can't get back up. She calls her son to help and he runs in and whips out his phone and starts recording. She didn't get hurt but it was pretty funny at the time. Still is whenever it gets brought up.

Oh yes, my first reaction when someone needs help is to record it...not.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-28, 15:45

Leaving doctors bitches. 50% weight with crutches. 4 more weeks.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 6 Img_7410
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, InTenSity, tGreenWay, Nordic and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-02-28, 15:52

Yeah, you show that wood pile who's the boss now.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay, DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-28, 15:56

It’s hard to see but doc said the bone on the right side of this picture is growing together. He said it looks good for 8 weeks. I said it was only 6. He said the bone is growing together real fast then. Spring game bitches.

Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 6 Img_7327

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-02-28, 15:59

DWags wrote:Leaving doctors bitches. 50% weight with crutches. 4 more weeks.

Showing a little more leg than I’m comfortable with in this forum DWags.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-28, 16:10

Nice mending Wags.  Still have a small scab on my knee from falling in the driveway the weekend you took on the woodpile.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-28, 16:12

Aaron Rodgers would have been back by now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-28, 16:27

The Pantry wrote:Nice mending Wags.  Still have a small scab on my knee from falling in the driveway the weekend you took on the woodpile.

You've had a scab for a month and a half? I'd get that looked at.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-28, 16:31

btw DWags, have you received any hospital bills yet?

A former US surgeon general says he went to the ER for dehydration and ended up with a $5,000 bill. He called the healthcare system 'broken.'
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2024-02-28, 16:34

NigelUno wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Nice mending Wags.  Still have a small scab on my knee from falling in the driveway the weekend you took on the woodpile.

The scab isn't a big deal, but the underlying syphilis might be....Shocked
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-28, 16:40

The Pantry wrote:btw DWags, have you received any hospital bills yet?

A former US surgeon general says he went to the ER for dehydration and ended up with a $5,000 bill. He called the healthcare system 'broken.'

I’ve met the yearly deductible already. Sounds like the wife is now covered for those “medical messages” seeing that deductible is met. I’m thinking she’ll be in once a week. Live from Grosse pointe Beaumont!   - Page 6 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-28, 16:54

NigelUno wrote:

Could pick it off if I wanted to. Was a bad fall. Was happy both knees still functioned painlessly afterward...just nasty abrasions healing on their own time.

LL Bean jeans was wearing at the time got bloodied but went completely unscathed otherwise cheers
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-02-28, 17:39

The Pantry wrote:btw DWags, have you received any hospital bills yet?

Now that he's on the receiving end he says it's broken. Something that the rest of us have known for a long time.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-28, 17:45

The Pantry wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Could pick it off if I wanted to. Was a bad fall. Was happy both knees still functioned painlessly afterward...just nasty abrasions healing on their own time.

LL Bean jeans was wearing at the time got bloodied but went completely unscathed otherwise cheers

Rub some Icy hot on it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-02-28, 17:46

Amputate
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-02-28, 20:20

Motown Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Leaving doctors bitches. 50% weight with crutches. 4 more weeks.

Showing a little more leg than I’m comfortable with in this forum DWags.

I can’t take my eyes off that one sexy slipper. It must drive Mrs. Dwags wild.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next