Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About the current Harbaugh situation

+38
Big Ten Referee
tTito
Code_Warrior
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
Jethro Bodeen
The_Dude
Death Roe
beal99
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
Brock Middlebrook
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Stoops21
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
InTenSity
Nordic
Marc Summers
Blanch32
DominosCEO
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
HT
Jake from State Farm
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
Rocinante
SpartanInNH
Snake Plissken
Kramerica
NigelUno
DWags
Vlad
42 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

About the current Harbaugh situation - Page 2 Empty Re: About the current Harbaugh situation

Post by DWags 2014-12-26, 10:18

Blanch32 wrote:Fwiw I find it hiliarous nardogg is already signed to a school he had no firm connections with in less time than Jim. This just tells me he ain't coming

Seriously, nobody is this stupid.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

About the current Harbaugh situation - Page 2 Empty Re: About the current Harbaugh situation

Post by Guest 2014-12-26, 10:58

DWags wrote:

Seriously, nobody is this stupid.

So you think he's a parody account?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-26, 11:07

Recruit: coach harbaugh, I see you are paid like a coach with multiple national championships, how many have you won?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-26, 12:36

kingstonlake wrote:Recruit: coach harbaugh, I see you are paid like a coach with multiple national championships, how many have you won?

Recruit's Parents:

Hey Coach Harbaugh! Nice to meet you. Tell us about Michigan's General Studies Program.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-26, 12:52

Turtleneck wrote:According to UM fans, he has already signed. I don't buy that at all. I think the he ends up at UM but would love to see what happens if he lands elsewhere.

No way we know that until we see what NFL teams offer him. I am not ruling Oakland out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-26, 13:03

NigelUno wrote:

Recruit's Parents:

Hey Coach Harbaugh! Nice to meet you. Tell us about Michigan's General Studies Program.

Lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-26, 13:04

steveschneider wrote:

No way we know that until we see what NFL teams offer him. I am not ruling Oakland out.

I think it might be UM by default. SF is going to make it hard on Oakland or any other team. They would rather see him go to UM and not win elsewhere in the NFL. The path of least resistance is UM. Between that and the way the search is (not) progressing, to me it seems more likely that he lands at UM. However, when the right opportunity arises, he will go back to the NFL. That is for sure.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-26, 13:39

Turtleneck wrote:

I think it might be UM by default. SF is going to make it hard on Oakland or any other team. They would rather see him go to UM and not win elsewhere in the NFL. The path of least resistance is UM. Between that and the way the search is (not) progressing, to me it seems more likely that he lands at UM. However, when the right opportunity arises, he will go back to the NFL. That is for sure.

Turtleneck, it depends what SF could gain from Oakland. It's in SFs interest to hear what they could gain from an NFL team before deciding. No one is going to know what happens till next week.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-26, 13:55

No shit, but the point is that SF is going likely to demand a lot. If Harbaugh lands with another NFL team and immediately wins - as he did with the 49ers - it will be a tough pill to swallow for those in SF. It will be especially true if it is happening across the bay in Oakland. As I said before, the path of least resistance, and the one that might please SF the most, is the path that leads to AA. But you're right, nothing will be known until next week because the 49ers would be dumb not to hear what other teams are willing to offer for his services.

Although Harbaugh was recently spotted in a Ypsilanti Walmart buying khakis. Not sure if that means anything.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-26, 15:21

Turtleneck wrote:No shit, but the point is that SF is going likely to demand a lot. If Harbaugh lands with another NFL team and immediately wins - as he did with the 49ers - it will be a tough pill to swallow for those in SF. It will be especially true if it is happening across the bay in Oakland. As I said before, the path of least resistance, and the one that might please SF the most, is the path that leads to AA. But you're right, nothing will be known until next week because the 49ers would be dumb not to hear what other teams are willing to offer for his services.

Although Harbaugh was recently spotted in a Ypsilanti Walmart buying khakis. Not sure if that means anything.

Harbaugh to UM has been a done deal since last week. Neither Harbaugh or SF had any interest in the NFL, and UM gave him a better benefits/compensation package than anyone in the NFL will offer him.

So thus is the saga of how a downtrodden UM program has somehow hired the best coach in all of football.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-26, 15:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I feel kinda bad for some of them - at least the few that I respect. I know that people who know people are calling this thing and saying they would basically be shocked if it DIDN'T happen and like I said earlier there are actually people - well connected people - saying a contract is SIGNED at this point.

I mean that is just the ultimate red flag to me that this is a hope/wish over an actual factual event. Someone should tweet @ Rovell and ask him to FOIA the SF contract and see if it would be legally possible right now for him to have signed a contract with UM.

Why wouldn't it be possible? I guarantee the contract has a clearly defined period that has not begun yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't signed.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-26, 16:26

Marc Summers wrote:

Harbaugh to UM has been a done deal since last week. Neither Harbaugh or SF had any interest in the NFL, and UM gave him a better benefits/compensation package than anyone in the NFL will offer him.

So thus is the saga of how a downtrodden UM program has somehow hired the best coach in all of football.

LOL. So they landed a guy who has "no interest" in the NFL. what a coup. BTW I think you're talking out of your ass, just for the record Wolvie.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-26, 16:30

kingstonlake wrote:

LOL. So they landed a guy who has "no interest" in the NFL. what a coup. BTW I think you're talking out of your ass, just for the record Wolvie.

Listen, I'm as upset as anyone. We lost our D coordinator, and our biggest rival hires the best coach in all levels of football within the span of one week. This is driving me to drink heavily. Methinks the era of great Spartan football has unfortunately come to an end. I guess it was good while it lasted, and luckily we did manage to get one Rose Bowl out of it.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-26, 16:38

Marc Summers wrote:

Listen, I'm as upset as anyone. We lost our D coordinator, and our biggest rival hires the best coach in all levels of football within the span of one week. This is driving me to drink heavily. Methinks the era of great Spartan football has unfortunately come to an end. I guess it was good while it lasted, and luckily we did manage to get one Rose Bowl out of it.

Go back to MGoBlog. Nobody here is upset or afraid.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-26, 16:39

Does anyone even read what mark scummmers says?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-26, 16:41

Yes because I never want to forget what UM fans are like.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-26, 16:44

Wait so this walverine has to pretend he's a spartan to take digs at us? Most pathetic loser And Sexless dork
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-26, 16:44

Turtleneck wrote:

Go back to MGoBlog. Nobody here is upset or afraid.

Absolutely. It would be silly to be upset or afraid. But we are all rational beings here, and kinda know what happens once enough elements begin to add up...
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-26, 16:52

Marc Summers wrote:

Absolutely. It would be silly to be upset or afraid. But we are all rational beings here, and kinda know what happens once enough elements begin to add up...

You just said you were upset and afraid. You're certainly a silly little lad.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-26, 16:59

Turtleneck wrote:

You just said you were upset and afraid. You're certainly a silly little lad.

Listen, if you have a positive outlook on next year, I'll have some of what you're having.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-26, 17:00

Marc Summers wrote:

Bobby Sak schtick. You're no Bobby Sak
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-12-26, 20:28

Marc Summers wrote:

Welp, looks like a done deal. Selling my season tickets, all hope is lost, it was good run.

https://twitter.com/JoePequenoCBS5

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-26, 20:34

Nordic wrote:

Welp, looks like a done deal. Selling my season tickets, all hope is lost, it was good run.

https://twitter.com/JoePequenoCBS5

@kpho #cbs5az Sports Anchor & Reporter, Bull Fighter, Vampire Slayer, Super Hero to all those in need, avid movie watcher and comic book junkie.

Is this shit for real? A newsanchor and public figure can say they are a fucking Vampire Slayer and Super Hero? I know it might be a small market, but that's just weird.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-26, 21:39

Mgoturds say done deal

http://mgoblog.com/content/searchbits-xxix-it-happening
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-26, 22:17

lmfao @ Nucky aka aaamichfan. What kind of a fucking sociopath does this shit?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-26, 22:48

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 16m16 minutes ago

Michigan AD Jim Hackett & U-M officials will be in the Bay Area this weekend to speak with Jim Harbaugh. So will #Raiders officials #GameOn
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-26, 22:48

I'm rooting for the RayDuhs just so I can enjoy the Ann Arbor meltdown.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-26, 22:58

Fan on another site truly believes that not only is a contract signed, but the Raiders CAN'T come calling, because it would be tampering. Because the contract is already signed.

In what world do these people live?

Michigan is free to negotiate a contract with him while he in under contract in the NFL through 2015, and he can sign that contract. Yet an NFL team would be "tampering" if they were to talk to him once he is free and released from his 49ers contract, because he would be under contract with Michigan.

Ok.

I suppose it's because UM has written a "NFL non compete" clause into their contract, seeing as they hold all the leverage. After all, This is Michigan fergodssakes.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-26, 23:14

While I agree that Harbaugh is a good coach and would be a good hire for them I find it amazing the uproar they're in because it's Harbaugh.

Any other last name and someone, anyone would be questioning exactly what was a home run hire about a coach:

1) That's getting fired from his current job.
2) Has a lifetime power 5 record of 29-21.
3) Is known to be abrasive and hard to get along with.
4) Directly insulted your school a few years back.

As they have with other issues over the past few years they've completely ignored/dismissed all that as inconsequential.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-26, 23:40

LooseGoose wrote:While I agree that Harbaugh is a good coach and would be a good hire for them I find it amazing the uproar they're in because it's Harbaugh.

Any other last name and someone, anyone would be questioning exactly what was a home run hire about a coach:

1) That's getting fired from his current job.
2) Has a lifetime power 5 record of 29-21.
3) Is known to be abrasive and hard to get along with.
4) Directly insulted your school a few years back.

As they have with other issues over the past few years they've completely ignored/dismissed all that as inconsequential.

They just want to hire a guy that is not fat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-12-26, 23:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Fan on another site truly believes that not only is a contract signed, but the Raiders CAN'T come calling, because it would be tampering. Because the contract is already signed.

In what world do these people live?

Michigan is free to negotiate a contract with him while he in under contract in the NFL through 2015, and he can sign that contract. Yet an NFL team would be "tampering" if they were to talk to him once he is free and released from his 49ers contract, because he would be under contract with Michigan.

Ok.

I suppose it's because UM has written a "NFL non compete" clause into their contract, seeing as they hold all the leverage. After all, This is Michigan fergodssakes.

He's probably partially right, which is the problem with these turds.  They hear what they want to hear.  I've been following the blogosphere for entertainment value and these dudes are so emotionally invested they can't decipher reality from a game of telephone.

I don't know shit about the official rules or have any inside info, but I don't think the Raiders can have direct contact with Harbaugh because he is employed by another NFL team. Michigan can and have used that to their advantage. That said, there are reasons coaches have agents.  How many times have you heard a coach say "I have not talked to team XXXX".  They are not lying. They haven't, but you can damn well bet their agent has.

So Mich has been working his dad, former players, agent, etc., for weeks.  All of whom have been feeding Harbaugh.  I think is dad is pushing him toward Mich, which led to the optimism early on. Michigan has gone all-in so they've obviously gotten positive feedback that there is a good chance or they are incredibly stupid.  As much as I want to think it is the latter, I don't think it is.

They officially offered a contract on Monday(ish) after SF was eliminated from the playoffs. Any talk of an official contract offer (or signed contract, lol) before that is BS and a game of telephone. Word leaked the week before from big boosters who knew the financial details of the pending offer (they need to pony up). Couple that with dad's enthusiasm = the initial 'It's Happening!'.

Hackett pulled the trigger at the perfect time (and worked the right people from the start), before any NFL team could talk to him, but not too early that he has too much time to think about it. I'm not convinced he didn't leak the details just to get the fanbase to turn up the heat.

Everyone knows the SF/Harbaugh marriage is done.  But there is a probably matter of compensation depending on who pulls the trigger (fired or quit).  My guess is SF doesn't want to fire/pay him and has let Michigan negotiate a deal (and possible given the Raiders the OK as well).  This will save them $$ and probably even get some $$ in return.  

But he is still under contract with SF so there is no way he's signed a contract with Michigan.  If he did, he would be in Ann Arbor right now.  I'm not a lawyer, but that is just common f'ing sense.

Allllllllll that said. I think he ends up at Michigan.  Hacket has played this about as well as you could. He's greased the right people at the right time.  BUT, the fact that Jimbo didn't pull the trigger this week has to be concerning for M fan.  The contract shit with SF could be worked out (see above).  And there is no reason to stick around for the last game (save the pride/honorable thing to do BS).  Hackett went in for the kill shot on Monday, it was well timed, but he didn't get it... yet. Which has opened the door a crack for the NFL teams to get in his ear on Sunday.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-27, 00:11

Nordic wrote:

He's probably partially right, which is the problem with these turds.  They hear what they want to hear.  I've been following the blogosphere for entertainment value and these dudes are so emotionally invested they can't decipher reality from a game of telephone.

I don't know shit about the official rules or have any inside info, but I don't think the Raiders can have direct contact with Harbaugh because he is employed by another NFL team. Michigan can and have used that to their advantage. That said, there are reasons coaches have agents.  How many times have you heard a coach say "I have not talked to team XXXX".  They are not lying. They haven't, but you can damn well bet their agent has.

So Mich has been working his dad, former players, agent, etc., for weeks.  All of whom have been feeding Harbaugh.  I think is dad is pushing him toward Mich, which led to the optimism early on. Michigan has gone all-in so they've obviously gotten positive feedback that there is a good chance or they are incredibly stupid.  As much as I want to think it is the latter, I don't think it is.

They officially offered a contract on Monday(ish) after SF was eliminated from the playoffs. Any talk of an official contract offer (or signed contract, lol) before that is BS and a game of telephone. Word leaked the week before from big boosters who knew the financial details of the pending offer (they need to pony up). Couple that with dad's enthusiasm = the initial 'It's Happening!'.

Hackett pulled the trigger at the perfect time (and worked the right people from the start), before any NFL team could talk to him, but not too early that he has too much time to think about it. I'm not convinced he didn't leak the details just to get the fanbase to turn up the heat.

Everyone knows the SF/Harbaugh marriage is done.  But there is a probably matter of compensation depending on who pulls the trigger (fired or quit).  My guess is SF doesn't want to fire/pay him and has let Michigan negotiate a deal (and possible given the Raiders the OK as well).  This will save them $$ and probably even get some $$ in return.  

But he is still under contract with SF so there is no way he's signed a contract with Michigan.  If he did, he would be in Ann Arbor right now.  I'm not a lawyer, but that is just common f'ing sense.

Allllllllll that said. I think he ends up at Michigan.  Hacket has played this about as well as you could. He's greased the right people at the right time.  BUT, the fact that Jimbo didn't pull the trigger this week has to be concerning for M fan.  The contract shit with SF could be worked out (see above).  And there is no reason to stick around for the last game (save the pride/honorable thing to do BS).  Hackett went in for the kill shot on Monday, it was well timed, but he didn't get it... yet. Which has opened the door a crack for the NFL teams to get in his ear on Sunday.

I'm on board with most of this. I definitely know he can't negotiate/talk with the Raiders while he's under contract with the Niners, and I know he can talk to Michigan. I just think it's absurd for them to think that he actually signed a contract. I don't give a fuck if it's open ended or not - San Fran could retain his rights and keep him there through 2015 if they wanted to! (unless he quit)

You're absolutely right. If he had agreed/signed he would be there right now. No reason he wouldn't be gone already. Simple conversation with Baalke/York. Guys, I took the job. Ok cool. See ya. There is no way in hell they would have him coaching their professional football team this week if he were already 100% committed. No way. This is a billion dollar industry. They just opened a billion dollar stadium. Does no one understand the potential conflicts of interest involved from the 49ers perspective if this guy were already onto another job?

There are some people I like and respect who believe he is already signed and delivered. Sorry, no, it's not possible in 2014 with his current situation. It's just not. It may well happen that he ends up picking UM, but it hasn't happened already. That's fanboy talk. Do you hear me 37124?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-27, 00:24

Nordic wrote:

I'm still not convinced another NFL team doesn't come in and swoop him up.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-12-27, 00:52

steveschneider wrote:

I'm still not convinced another NFL team doesn't come in and swoop him up.

It would be the meltdown of all meltdowns
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-27, 01:21

Nordic wrote:

It would be the meltdown of all meltdowns

They didn't really want him...AD pulled his offer
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-27, 01:54

NigelUno wrote:

I think Jimmy has a HUGE ego.  More than most coaches.  Michigan fans think he's Jesus.  If he thinks he's Jesus, he's going to take the job.  
Disagree.  His ego and the location will make him take the coming Oakland offer.  Much better to fail an NFL job than fail the UM job.  He can always go back to UM after their next coach blows it.

And, Oakland would be a great fit for him. They love assholes
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-27, 04:45

Can this be over yet
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-27, 06:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Can this be over yet

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-27, 07:50

The Pantry wrote:

And, Oakland would be a great fit for him. They love assholes

UM seems to love arrogant assholes though. So, advantage UM.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-27, 09:37

Saw a good friend I've lost touch with for over 5 years. (long story short, his wive is a whore). Biggest SCum honk ever. "We're back! you know, it, you know it!" I Just laughed, said "You still have the same recruiting model, same meddling factions, no QB, we don't recruit the same players you do, we recruit football players, you recruit stars and stats, you have no QB, good luck. His buddy says "Oh, you got a coach now, look at you". Yeah, pretty much........
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next