Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About the current Harbaugh situation

+38
Big Ten Referee
tTito
Code_Warrior
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
Jethro Bodeen
The_Dude
Death Roe
beal99
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
Brock Middlebrook
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Stoops21
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
InTenSity
Nordic
Marc Summers
Blanch32
DominosCEO
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
HT
Jake from State Farm
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
Rocinante
SpartanInNH
Snake Plissken
Kramerica
NigelUno
DWags
Vlad
42 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

About the current Harbaugh situation - Page 3 Empty Re: About the current Harbaugh situation

Post by Stoops21 2014-12-27, 10:20

Not getting harbaugh would have been rock bottom. I wish I could have lived to see rock bottom for them. Get ready to be nuked off the map by the media and for crootin talk
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

About the current Harbaugh situation - Page 3 Empty Re: About the current Harbaugh situation

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-27, 10:29

Stoops21 wrote:Not getting harbaugh would have been rock bottom. I wish I could have lived to see rock bottom for them. Get ready to be nuked off the map by the media and for crootin talk

Might have to unplug the Internet for 1-2 weeks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-27, 10:31

xsanguine wrote:

That was more enjoyable than this thread. And yet, here I am, adding to the thread...... Rolling Eyes

Forget the "tampering" shit. SF wants Harbaugh gone: fact. They want some sort of compensation for his leaving, and think they can get it, given that everybody thinks he's a great coach worth the BS: reasonable surmise. Nobody will give up any compensation until they know Harbaugh will sign with them: business. SF will therefore allow Harbaugh to talk turkey with NFL teams in order to see if there's an idiot out there Harbaugh will work with (*cough* Oakland is willing to give him GM duties/input over roster and draft*cough*), and then start the process of setting the compensation for the "coach trade."

FWIW -- last franchise to engineer a "coach trade"? Oakland.

I really don't care where the fuck Harbaugh goes. Let him go to scUM for all I care -- Michigan Week would be epic. But SF doesn't get any compensation for letting him go to the NCAA, and could find an idiot in the NFL (Hey, Tommy Boy!) to pony up draft picks. Which would they rather do?

Win-win, as far as I'm concerned: he goes to another NFL franchise, and the MGoBlow meltdown is epic; or he goes to scUM, and Dantonio grinds him into dust on the field and in recruits' homes.

I just want the whole fucking thing over.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-27, 10:34

Stoops21 wrote:Not getting harbaugh would have been rock bottom. I wish I could have lived to see rock bottom for them. Get ready to be nuked off the map by the media and for crootin talk

Relax. R-E-L-A-X.

These idiots don't even have a Plan B.

Epic.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-27, 11:33

SpartanInNH wrote:

That was more enjoyable than this thread. And yet, here I am, adding to the thread.......Rolling Eyes

Forget the "tampering" shit. SF wants Harbaugh gone: fact. They want some sort of compensation for his leaving, and think they can get it, given that everybody thinks he's a great coach worth the BS: reasonable surmise. Nobody will give up any compensation until they know Harbaugh will sign with them: business. SF will therefore allow Harbaugh to talk turkey with NFL teams in order to see if there's an idiot out there Harbaugh will work with (*cough* Oakland is willing to give him GM duties/input over roster and draft*cough*), and then start the process of setting the compensation for the "coach trade."

FWIW -- last franchise to engineer a "coach trade"? Oakland.

I really don't care where the fuck Harbaugh goes. Let him go to scUM for all I care -- Michigan Week would be epic. But SF doesn't get any compensation for letting him go to the NCAA, and could find an idiot in the NFL (Hey, Tommy Boy!) to pony up draft picks. Which would they rather do?

Win-win, as far as I'm concerned: he goes to another NFL franchise, and the MGoBlow meltdown is epic; or he goes to scUM, and Dantonio grinds him into dust on the field and in recruits' homes.

I just want the whole fucking thing over.

What does any of that matter if Harbough wants to go to UM? Hell, it might be even more reason for him to. He can leave today if he wants

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-27, 12:01

Herbie Green wrote:

What does any of that matter if Harbough wants to go to UM? Hell, it might be even more reason for him to. He can leave today if he wants

Exactly. People are overlooking that he might want to step away from the NFL. He might just genuinely want to go back to the college game.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-27, 12:03

Turtleneck wrote:

Exactly. People are overlooking that he might want to step away from the NFL. He might just genuinely want to go back to the college game.

About the current Harbaugh situation - Page 3 1966794946
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-27, 12:08

SpartanInNH wrote:

About the current Harbaugh situation - Page 3 1966794946

So you're saying it is not possible?

The guy is an ego maniac. That tells me he would rather stay in the NFL. But in some ways, his time in SF might have conditioned him to really dislike the politics of NFL football. He might want to retreat back to the college game where he will be king of a campus and have a fair amount of autonomy.

I don't see that as why he might come back to the college game. I think it is improbable that is a reason for his potential return, but it is certainly not impossible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-27, 12:45

Turtleneck wrote:

So you're saying it is not possible?

The guy is an ego maniac. That tells me he would rather stay in the NFL. But in some ways, his time in SF might have conditioned him to really dislike the politics of NFL football. He might want to retreat back to the college game where he will be king of a campus and have a fair amount of autonomy.

I don't see that as why he might come back to the college game. I think it is improbable that is a reason for his potential return, but it is certainly not impossible.

He's coached 4 seasons in the NFL, been in the playoffs three times, played in the conference championship twice, played in the Super Bowl once, and lost -- to his own brother.  You think he's done with the "politics of NFL football"?  Wait until he gets a load of academic compliance officers at scUM.  And recruiting mavens trying to get in his ear.  

Of course it's possible, or we wouldn't be having the conversation.  Could he completely uproot his wife and family ("Happy wife, happy life") to resuscitate his alma mater from years of mismanagement?  Of course.  Likely?  The man is built for the NFL, where assholes like him are a dime a dozen.  

My two cents.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-27, 12:58

College sports really needs to improve their sports analysis. It's fucking absurd the shit these guys say just because Michigan might get Harbaugh. There's never a wait and see approach to these guys. I live in NYC and read the papers here and followed Phil Jackson's return to the Knicks. Phil unlike Jimmy is the real fuckin deal. Probably the GOAT coach in the NBA, and the analysis was much more tempered by the reality of the Knicks current roster and the fact that Phil has never built a dynasty he's just coached them. No one was saying dumb shit like 'the Spurs are going to return back to the 80's of irrelevance now that we got Phil as a GM!!!!'.  "The Knicks and Boston series is going to be incredible again!". "The NBA desperately needs the Knicks to be good again".

Wolvie no!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-27, 13:14

steveschneider wrote:College sports really needs to improve their sports analysis. It's fucking absurd the shit these guys say just because Michigan might get Harbaugh. There's never a wait and see approach to these guys. I live in NYC and read the papers here and followed Phil Jackson's return to the Knicks. Phil unlike Jimmy is the real fuckin deal. Probably the GOAT coach in the NBA, and the analysis was much more tempered by the reality of the Knicks current roster and the fact that Phil has never built a dynasty he's just coached them. No one was saying dumb shit like 'the Spurs are going to return back to the 80's of irrelevance now that we got Phil as a GM!!!!'.  "The Knicks and Boston series is going to be incredible again!". "The NBA desperately needs the Knicks to be good again".

Wolvie no!!!

But what if Phil Jackson became UM's hoop coach?

It is different because college coaches have so much control over the players you can bring in. You hire coach Cal and he brings in 5 McDs and he can bring you a national title in year 1.
A little harder to do that in football where you really need 4 years before it is really completely your program.
Hard to say what kind of talent UM even has right now.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-27, 13:29

SpartanInNH wrote:

He's coached 4 seasons in the NFL, been in the playoffs three times, played in the conference championship twice, played in the Super Bowl once, and lost -- to his own brother.  You think he's done with the "politics of NFL football"?  Wait until he gets a load of academic compliance officers at scUM.  And recruiting mavens trying to get in his ear.  

Of course it's possible, or we wouldn't be having the conversation.  Could he completely uproot his wife and family ("Happy wife, happy life") to resuscitate his alma mater from years of mismanagement?  Of course.  Likely?  The man is built for the NFL, where assholes like him are a dime a dozen.  

My two cents.

I won't dispute your points. All true and well stated. However, a return to CFB is not off the table. As you said, a person probably does not walk away from that kind of success. Especially when that success came so early. Therefore, I doubt he returns to CFB simply because he has grown tired of the NFL. The reason UM is still on the table might simply be because it would be terribly unwise to take them off the table before all offers are in. At the same time, it is possible he just finds CFB more appealing for whatever reason and might want to return to CFB. To be honest, I think he picks UM. However, I think that will have more to do with UM making a competitive offer and SF making it too hard for another NFL team to acquire his services.

steveschneider wrote:College sports really needs to improve their sports analysis. It's fucking absurd the shit these guys say just because Michigan might get Harbaugh. There's never a wait and see approach to these guys. I live in NYC and read the papers here and followed Phil Jackson's return to the Knicks. Phil unlike Jimmy is the real fuckin deal. Probably the GOAT coach in the NBA, and the analysis was much more tempered by the reality of the Knicks current roster and the fact that Phil has never built a dynasty he's just coached them. No one was saying dumb shit like 'the Spurs are going to return back to the 80's of irrelevance now that we got Phil as a GM!!!!'.  "The Knicks and Boston series is going to be incredible again!". "The NBA desperately needs the Knicks to be good again".

Wolvie no!!!

The local media has been terrible. It's not that they have ran with the BS rumors so much as they have printed an endless number of irrelevant articles about the guy. I mean, most UM fans can't read too well so it is not to pump up views. It is simply because they want the guy hired. They have not been all that professional through this saga.

I really like LooseGoose's post from yesterday or the day before. Strip away the name and the hire is far less attractive. What NFL teams fires a guy after he has so much success so early on? 43 wins in four yeas, including a Super Bowl appearance, does not usually get you fired in the NFL. It just seems odd.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-27, 13:34

Herbie Green wrote:

It is different because college coaches have so much control over the players you can bring in. You hire coach Cal and he brings in 5 McDs and he can bring you a national title in year 1.
A little harder to do that in football where you really need 4 years before it is really completely your program.

Well if Phil went to coach the Wolverine's I'd believe the hype. How could you not? That's a funny thought btw of Phil coaching the Wolverines.

And we've discussed Cal last week, but I can see the hype following him as well. Both are proven winners.

Harbaugh is a great coach, but he has not won a championship and doesn't deserve to be in the same band as the elite coaches.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-27, 13:49

steveschneider wrote:Harbaugh is a great coach, but he has not won a championship and doesn't deserve to be in the same band as the elite coaches.

IF they hire him I'll bet there's a LOT of attrition. One of scUM's problems was how soft they were. Can you imagine those powderpuffs dealing with Harbaugh's rants?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-27, 13:56

Herbie Green wrote:

Here's the thing. Harbaugh is a better coach than Phil Jackson. Phil has never developed anyone. Harbaugh has done it everywhere he's been.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-27, 14:09

Scum fans are funny and sad at the same time
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-27, 14:19

Damn, the more I watch about this guy, the more I like him.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-27, 14:28

Damn, no wonder he's such a good QB coach.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-27, 15:03

LooseGoose wrote:

IF they hire him I'll bet there's a LOT of attrition. One of scUM's problems was how soft they were. Can you imagine those powderpuffs dealing with Harbaugh's rants?

About the current Harbaugh situation - Page 3 Cryinggifs_01_1
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-27, 15:06

For your reading pleasure, a Bay-area blog post from today..  Bet one of Jimmah's favorite texts is The Art of War.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/12/26/michigan-raiders-reportedly-positioning-themselves-to-meet-with-harbaugh/
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DominosCEO 2014-12-27, 15:32

Sucks
DominosCEO
DominosCEO
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-12-27, 15:33

One thing I would bet my life on. It all ends the same in AA. Either next week or 3-4 years down the road. A complete landfill size dumpster fire.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-27, 15:37

kingstonlake wrote:Saw a good friend I've lost touch with for over 5 years. (long story short, his wive is a whore)

I think I want the long story.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-12-27, 15:39

xsanguine wrote:

Complete with colored photos.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-27, 15:42

By-Tor wrote: Complete with colored photos.

And sound. Definitely sound.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-27, 16:08

Marc Summers wrote:

Here's the thing. Harbaugh is a better coach than Phil Jackson. Phil has never developed anyone. Harbaugh has done it everywhere he's been.

Tell me about the development of Tee Martin, Rick Mier, Marques tuoisipopo, and rob Johnson under Harbaugh.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-27, 16:13

xsanguine wrote:

I really do not want to see or hear a UM fan's wife. Ever.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-27, 16:19

I have a friend of a friend that knows someone close to the Raiders top brass. My sources tell me Oakland is going to meet with Harbaugh and give him an offer he can't refuse.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-27, 16:27

I heard the Raiders are planning a banquet but asked the caterer to keep quiet and not tell anybody. I also have a pic of a piece of mail addressed to Harbaugh at Raiders HQ. Also, a cousin of my co-worker is good friends with the woman that cuts the hair of Harbaugh's wife's cousin's Facebook friend, and she tweeted out that it is a done deal. Also, Harbaugh rented a car in Ann Arbor in his own name. You know, because UM will not provide him with a driver while he is in town staying at the Super 8.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-27, 16:52

Without comment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2311793-sources-jim-harbaugh-expected-to-take-michigan-job
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-12-27, 17:30

LooseGoose wrote:Some fine MLive trolling....

I'm in total agreement!
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-27, 17:45

Are these fucktards still dragging this out?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-27, 17:52

Jake from State Farm wrote:Are these fucktards still dragging this out?

And scummers are thrilled that Nardawg is gone. And yet -- we have already filled his slot, internally, without drama, or About the current Harbaugh situation - Page 3 1550444538 or About the current Harbaugh situation - Page 3 4198636888 .

But we should fear Harbaugh. Neutral
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-27, 17:57

xsanguine wrote:

She's not bad looking. Very do-able. Found that out at an out of town wedding when we were in a hotel room with my buddy attending to wedding BS. Thought she was joking. But ohh boy she wasn't. It was hot til it got old that she would blow or ball anything in sight.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-27, 18:03

xsanguine wrote:

I agree, screw this UofM coaching search please give us all the dish on this skank you speak of.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-27, 18:13

kingstonlake wrote:

She's not bad looking.  Very do-able.  Found that out at an out of town wedding when we were in a hotel room with my buddy attending to wedding BS.  Thought she was joking.  But ohh boy she wasn't.  It was hot til it got old that she would blow or ball anything in sight.

Had a buddy ball a bitch that he met within an hour on an ok cupid date. Dude, is hung like a horse and is a legend but he doesn't pull in the hotties like the rest of us.  Guy was feeling like a super stud, thought he was a james dean because he was able to 'seduce' this skank. She inflated his ego but that lady was bad news.

The one thing I've learned about a girl if she'll ball you within 20 minutes, she'll eventually ball another dude real fast. Sure enough, his lady balled some other dude and wanted an open relationship. Absolutely nothing wrong with screwing a skank but you gotta know what you are doing...double wrap the wang and have it come out of the crotch slit in your pajama bottoms.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-27, 18:19

steveschneider wrote:

Had a buddy ball a bitch that he met within an hour on an ok cupid date. Dude, is hung like a horse and is a legend but he doesn't pull in the hotties like the rest of us.  Guy was feeling like a super stud, thought he was a james dean because he was able to 'seduce' this skank. She inflated his ego but that lady was bad news.

The one thing I've learned about a girl if she'll ball you within 20 minutes, she'll eventually ball another dude real fast. Sure enough, his lady balled some other dude and wanted an open relationship. Absolutely nothing wrong with screwing a skank but you gotta know what you are doing...double wrap the wang and have it come out of the crotch slit in your pajama bottoms.

I like the turn this thread is taking.

SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-27, 18:22

SpartanInNH wrote:

I like the turn this thread is taking.

I agree with you, all this Hairball stuff is putting me to sleep.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-12-27, 19:06

steveschneider wrote:I have a friend of a friend that knows someone close to the Raiders top brass. My sources tell me Oakland is going to meet with Harbaugh and give him an offer he can't refuse.

You don't know shit, stop it
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-27, 21:14

kingstonlake wrote:

Tell me about the development of Tee Martin, Rick Mier, Marques tuoisipopo, and rob Johnson under Harbaugh.
Haha, I haven't seen this type of reach in a while.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next