Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink?

+26
Rodeo Burger
kingstonlake
MattyFresh
tbone12
Giant Moose
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
CheesySpartan
The_Dude
The Pantry
HT
Turtleneck
Duke Silver
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Brock Middlebrook
SpartanInNH
Ass Dan
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Dr. Strangelove
Floyd Robertson
30 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 3 Empty Re: MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-06-16, 22:05

Tim may not want to survive if they shitcan his wife for doing something she denies doing. I would guess there might be some loyalty conversations or cold shoulders in that house if that were to be the case.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 3 Empty Re: MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink?

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-16, 23:13

GRR Spartan wrote:Tim survives and he has probably gotten some advice to stay off social media. If he takes it to heart and quits commenting about softball and his wife he can be in that job until Izzo retires minimum.

After the news that it was a manager who overheard the conversation and spoke to another manager before the incident is not good for either coach.

Beech-Bograkos saying she's hit 100's of Spartans in BP says something about the way Joseph takes care of her players. Anything more than 70 (10 hit per year) is excessive and means Joseph needed a new BP pitcher.

Tim might but his marriage won't. She'll want to get the hell out of dodge if fired
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-17, 07:33

GRR Spartan wrote:Tim survives and he has probably gotten some advice to stay off social media. If he takes it to heart and quits commenting about softball and his wife he can be in that job until Izzo retires minimum.

After the news that it was a manager who overheard the conversation and spoke to another manager before the incident is not good for either coach.

Beech-Bograkos saying she's hit 100's of Spartans in BP says something about the way Joseph takes care of her players. Anything more than 70 (10 hit per year) is excessive and means Joseph needed a new BP pitcher.
I haven't played softball since I was maybe about 12 years old.. but it sounds like she might have some control issues with regard to pitching.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-17, 08:32

is tRCMB even allowed to discuss this?? Seems like the kind of thing that the emotionally insecure and limiters of freedom of thought, speech and expression would squash.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-17, 08:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:is tRCMB even allowed to discuss this?? Seems like the kind of thing that the emotionally insecure and limiters of freedom of thought, speech and expression would squash.

God no! Just like da swill and sherminator, what's bad for brand Msu is not tolerated on trcmb
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-17, 08:44

We should just get rid of the softball team and have women's lacrosse instead.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-06-17, 13:46

Giant Moose wrote:We should just get rid of the softball team and have women's lacrosse instead.

It's a crappy game. No checking.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tbone12 2015-06-17, 21:07

Giant Moose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Blanch brought up a good point that I forgot to mention.  That program has nice facilities now.  There's no reason for the program to suck if the coach is competent and not a lazy recruiter.
Yeah, I guess you guys are right. I didn't realize that MSU softball actually had won a national championship in 1976. No reason for them to be so bad now.

Bring back the pinstripes and winning tradition.

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 3 1976-AIAW-Team
I remember telling people she should have been fired years ago for going 0-23 in the big ten . How do you not win one game all year sad
tbone12
tbone12
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-22, 12:23

It'll be interesting to see what the other counties do....

Graham Couch@Graham_Couch 6m6 minutes ago
The Ingham County prosecutor's office announced it will not press charges against MSU softball coaches Jacquie Joseph & Jessica Bograkos.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-22, 12:33

But there will still be civil suits
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-22, 14:25

LooseGoose wrote:It'll be interesting to see what the other counties do....

Graham Couch@Graham_Couch 6m6 minutes ago
The Ingham County prosecutor's office announced it will not press charges against MSU softball coaches Jacquie Joseph & Jessica Bograkos.

Of course they will not bite the hand that feeds them. Shocking!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-22, 15:14

Blanch32 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:It'll be interesting to see what the other counties do....

Graham Couch@Graham_Couch  6m6 minutes ago

Of course they will not bite the hand that feeds them.  Shocking!
Of course they don't feed Isabella County and the prosecutor there decided the same thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-22, 16:35

Fuck. Guess that most likely mean Joseph keeps her job.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-22, 17:41

HT wrote:Fuck. Guess that most likely mean Joseph keeps her job.

That's possible. Here's the deal id propose if I'm Hollis. Resign now get 1 or 2 years pay. Stay, and win the big ten, or you're outright fired. Your call
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-22, 17:54

Blanch32 wrote:
HT wrote:Fuck. Guess that most likely mean Joseph keeps her job.

That's possible. Here's the deal id propose if I'm Hollis. Resign now get 1 or 2 years pay. Stay, and win the big ten, or you're outright fired. Your call
Without knowing what's in her contract it's hard to say. Obviously doesn't have recruiting or managing skills enough to win a title next year.

Hollis should just can her and her paid staff. Time for someone new.

However, Hollis may wait cuz firing her now might lend credence in civil suits
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2015-06-22, 19:03

The Pantry wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Without knowing what's in her contract it's hard to say. Obviously doesn't have recruiting or managing skills enough to win a title next year.

Hollis should just can her and her paid staff. Time for someone new.

However, Hollis may wait cuz firing her now might lend credence in civil suits

• Head coach: Jacquie Joseph

• Base salary: $91,090

• Number of assistant coaches: 3

• Combined salaries: $84,220

• Recruiting budget: $27,197.15

• Total expenses: $277,861

• Total revenue: $248,488
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-06-22, 20:09

Probably will sit down with McBride's reprentatives and may end up with an undisclosed settlement neither party can discuss. Then sit down with Joseph and Bograkos with exit agreements.

If Joseph survies this she's got Hollis, LAKS and some major donors in her pocket. Either way Bograkos is on the wrong end of too many things and Joseph can plead ignorance.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-22, 20:40

I guess I'm out of touch with today's non revenue generating sports. Fucking nearly 100k for a women's softball coach? And a shitty one at that?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-22, 22:46

kingstonlake wrote:I guess I'm out of touch with today's non revenue generating sports. Fucking nearly 100k for a women's softball coach? And a shitty one at that?

Welcome to bloated higher ed.

Oh and I know for a fact she makes more than Monty did back in 2003 an an asst bball coach
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-06-22, 23:31

kingstonlake wrote:I guess I'm out of touch with today's non revenue generating sports. Fucking nearly 100k for a women's softball coach? And a shitty one at that?

Political correctness and Title IX. Everyone of them on scholie or on staff are stealing money...they truly suck at what they do. And the Bograkos chick sounds like she needs a foot in her ass...she's one of those "pleasers" that will carry out the Code Red to appease her boss.

McBride is at least a good player and a competitor. I don't blame her for being frustrated. She was sold a line of BS. A player with her talent and drive could have enjoyed a very nice career elsewhere. I hate to say it, but I wish she did. It's hard for me to imagine not going to MSU, but I never played for Joseph or Bograkos.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-23, 07:34

looks like my prayers from Timbo and his family worked.. who wants a celebratory turkey sandwich and podcast?!?!?!?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-23, 07:34

Rodeo Burger wrote:

Political correctness and Title IX. Everyone of them on scholie or on staff are stealing money...they truly suck at what they do. And the Bograkos chick sounds like she needs a foot in her ass...she's one of those "pleasers" that will carry out the Code Red to appease her boss.

McBride is at least a good player and a competitor. I don't blame her for being frustrated. She was sold a line of BS. A player with her talent and drive could have enjoyed a very nice career elsewhere. I hate to say it, but I wish she did. It's hard for me to imagine not going to MSU, but I never played for Joseph or Bograkos.
this.. X 1,000.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-23, 07:56

GRR Spartan wrote:Probably will sit down with McBride's reprentatives and may end up with an undisclosed settlement neither party can discuss. Then sit down with Joseph and Bograkos with exit agreements.

If Joseph survies this she's got Hollis, LAKS and some major donors in her pocket. Either way Bograkos is on the wrong end of too many things and Joseph can plead ignorance.

Why would MSU have to pay McBride anything?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-23, 08:38

NigelUno wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Probably will sit down with McBride's reprentatives and may end up with an undisclosed settlement neither party can discuss. Then sit down with Joseph and Bograkos with exit agreements.

Medical bills. Just to stfu. With lawyers like grr, you can extort $20OK out of anyone or org at any given time. It's beyond sick
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-06-23, 20:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:looks like my prayers from Timbo and his family worked.. who wants a celebratory turkey sandwich and podcast?!?!?!?

Give me the turkey sandwich. Fuck the podcast.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-06-23, 22:47

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Medical bills.  Just to stfu.  With lawyers like grr, you can extort $20OK out of anyone or org at any given time.  It's beyond sick

I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on TV.  However I've been involved in claimed product liability suits and have several friends who are lawyers including one that is a judge.

a few of us are familiar with Coach Joseph because of softball.  After this came out they said it would be tough to find a smoking gun and didn't expect criminal charges because Bograkos needed to be loyal to Joseph although Joseph"s strength is being loyal to herself.

They also said MSU and most major universities hate negative publicity so much they'll pay to make sure things get stopped in its tracks.  One of the guys is an ND Law grad and he said ND paid the parents of the student football video assistant who died when the lift collapsed a significant sum and paid the parents of the girl who committed suicide after reportedly being raped even more.  Both signed non-disclosure agreements as did the AD.

This is much less serious but MSU doesn't want lawsuits that could expose more unflattering issues.  MSU/its lawyers reach agreements with McBride/her lawyer(s) and she along with her family agree not to speak about the incident or any settlement details.

Then AD Hollis either tells Joseph she's on double secret probation or after 22 years she's done coaching softball.  Her win/loss record is dreadful and this mess has shown she at least needs a better BP pitcher.  Bograkos is probably gone no matter what happens to Joseph.  The only question is if she'll be the scapegoat or Joseph joins her leaving.

I suspect MSU will pay some kind of severence rather than find Joseph and Bograkos other employment on campus.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-23, 23:24

GRR Spartan wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Medical bills.  Just to stfu.  With lawyers like grr, you can extort $20OK out of anyone or org at any given time.  It's beyond sick

I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on TV.  However I've been involved in claimed product liability suits and have several friends who are lawyers including one that is a judge.

a few of us are familiar with Coach Joseph because of softball.  After this came out they said it would be tough to find a smoking gun and didn't expect criminal charges because Bograkos needed to be loyal to Joseph although Joseph"s strength is being loyal to herself.

They also said MSU and most major universities hate negative publicity so much they'll pay to make sure things get stopped in its tracks.  One of the guys is an ND Law grad and he said ND paid the parents of the student football video assistant who died when the lift collapsed a significant sum and paid the parents of the girl who committed suicide after reportedly being raped even more.  Both signed non-disclosure agreements as did the AD.

This is much less serious but MSU doesn't want lawsuits that could expose more unflattering issues.  MSU/its lawyers reach agreements with McBride/her lawyer(s) and she along with her family agree not to speak about the incident or any settlement details.

Then AD Hollis either tells Joseph she's on double secret probation or after 22 years she's done coaching softball.  Her win/loss record is dreadful and this mess has shown she at least needs a better BP pitcher.  Bograkos is probably gone no matter what happens to Joseph.  The only question is if she'll be the scapegoat or Joseph joins her leaving.

I suspect MSU will pay some kind of severence rather than find Joseph and Bograkos other employment on campus.

MSU isn't going to pay McBride anything.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-24, 09:19

NigelUno wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

If you actually knew anything you d realize she's a woman, and in country you have to. You only don't have to pay off white males under 40
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-06-24, 15:52

NigelUno wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

I believe MSU reaches a settlement with McBride to head off the possibility of any civil suit she could file. If there is a decision to replace Joseph I suspect she will also be given a settlement so she won't be able to use Hollis' endorsement after her 0-23 Big Ten finish in '12.

I'm guessing Hollis and LAKS just want this over.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-24, 18:09

GRR Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I believe MSU reaches a settlement with McBride to head off the possibility of any civil suit she could file. If there is a decision to replace Joseph I suspect she will also be given a settlement so she won't be able to use Hollis' endorsement after her 0-23 Big Ten finish in '12.

There's too much evidence for MSU to not pay something. Hopefully it is a settlement and doesn't get dragged in to court.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-24, 18:43

GRR Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

A civil suit against MSU? For what?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-24, 18:53

NigelUno wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

You're demented if you can't see legal implications.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-24, 18:57

The Pantry wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

When you live in the united basement of moms house, you have warped view of the US legal process
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-24, 20:25

The Pantry wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Didn't some prosecutor's office have something to say about that?

And, I'll ask again...what is she going to sue MSU for?

The floor is yours. Be specific.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-24, 20:27

Blanch32 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You're demented if you can't see legal implications.

When you live in the united basement of moms house, you have warped view of the US legal process

Obviously the legal process is much clearer over someone's garage?

What is she going to sue MSU for?

Take your time. Please use spellcheck too, so your thoughts can be somewhat clear.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-24, 21:06

NigelUno wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You're demented if you can't see legal implications.

The floor is yours.  Be specific.
You're a schmuck with little clue to real world life.  Doesn't matter what the prosecutor decided.

McBride will get an undisclosed settlement.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-24, 22:59

The Pantry wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The floor is yours.  Be specific.
You're a schmuck with little clue to real world life.  Doesn't matter what the prosecutor decided.

Do people answer questions in the real world? I noticed you didn't answer the one I asked.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-25, 08:10

NigelUno wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Do people answer questions in the real world? I noticed you didn't answer the one I asked.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Nigel your an idiot. First, lawyers are in negotiation now to prevent anything from ever seeing the courts, but assuming Msu retained your dumbass as legal council, Msu would be sued for actual damages (med bills and what not), pain and suffering, discrimination, libel and slander, and what ever else the lawyer throws up on a wall. Then it's the judges job to see what actually sticks and then go to an apelitte court or whatever.

Here's the thing, it doesn't matter. It can be beyond trivial and frivious, but the actual cost to msu will be $200k and bad pub. Paying McBride 1 dolla less than the 200k is simply worth it from a business perspective.

Don't like it? Take it up with our senators And ultimately the supreme Court. The legal system has quite a racket going for themselves in this country and you can thanks McDonalds for that
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-25, 08:15

Blanch32 wrote:
Don't like it? Take it up with our senators And ultimately the supreme Court. The legal system has quite a racket going for themselves in this country and you can thanks McDonalds for that

I'd like to hear this one. How is McDonalds responsible for the current legal system?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-25, 08:18

winning cures everything.. even in a sport most people didn't even know existed. I suspect both coaches are on their last legs at MSU.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next