Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks

+37
AvgMSUJoe
pulling69
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
The Pantry
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Blanch32
Steve81
Stoops21
Ted Brogan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
xsanguine
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
The_Dude
Nordic
NigelUno
duffy munn
Dr. Strangelove
41 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 Empty Re: Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks

Post by InTenSity 2018-02-11, 11:14

Dwags, you would love that losses don't matter to the top 4 teams not called MSU.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 Empty Re: Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks

Post by DWags 2018-02-11, 11:21

InTenSity wrote:Dwags, you would love that losses don't matter to the top 4 teams not called MSU.

Yeah, I'm wondering if all of this shit is making us hyper sensitive to the talking heads on t.v. or who have a pen.  In a million years, I never thought people would start disrespecting Izzo.   The fuck ESPN did a number on him.   I used to think when he retired, he'd have a statue and a title of "MSU Ambassador at Large" and just woalk around promoting our school.  Now, that world is being turned upside down and It's pissing me off.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-11, 11:22

Can’t argue facts
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-11, 11:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Can’t argue facts

Agree with this.  Just like you and me don't know shit about basketball.  We would have been doubling igor down low and Purdue would have kicked our ass.  Funny, couple of high school playing I.M. hero's thinking we knew more than Izzo.  Fuck us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-11, 11:36

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

For Floyd.

Sorry I asked. But if the shoe was on Coach K's foot would Dickie have been more defensive?

ESPN still trying to milk this, two weeks later, with no acknowledgement of the reports half truths and shortcomings.
I don't know. If it was an ESPN hit piece using hearsay, twisting/misreporting of the facts, making old news sound like new news, etc., I think he might.

He defends Pitino, but of course that was only the FBI tying him to wrong doing, not his employer.

I've never seen a bigger defender of assholes in college basketball. "You know, he had that little issue where slaughtered his whole family, but he knows he made a mistake and wants to turn his life around."

But when his paycheck is doing a hatchet job? He doesn't even give him the courtesy of the benefit of the doubt pending more evidence.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-11, 11:36

I have my doubts re Purdue kicking msu’s ass if we double. I lean towards making college athletes hit 3 pointers rather than 5-7 foot hook shots. Thankful Bridges saved our ass.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-11, 11:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have my doubts re Purdue kicking msu’s ass if we double. I lean towards making college athletes hit 3 pointers rather than 5-7 foot hook shots. Thankful Bridges saved our ass.

Couch had a good article this morning. Goins, Schilling, McQaid, Winston and Bridges were very effective against Purdue. No one saw it coming from Goins, Schilling or McQaid.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-11, 11:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have my doubts re Purdue kicking msu’s ass if we double. I lean towards making college athletes hit 3 pointers rather than 5-7 foot hook shots. Thankful Bridges saved our ass.
Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 1494614055

Of course you do.  

That they averaged 43% from three when teams doubled down and they only went 6-19 against MSU forcing bad three's instead of wide open ones, getting them a hefty percentage of 30%, and they made zero three's in the second half, those facts aren't worth thinking about.  Izzo needs to listen to us.  He'd be undefeated.   I've already warned him about JJ and especially Ward sitting so much.  He needs to take our advice.  We played intramural .  And we were good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-11, 11:56

Doubling down on being wrong. Bold strategy. Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 502811600

You can admit you were not the smartest guy on the board every once in a while.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-11, 11:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Doubling down on being wrong. Bold strategy. Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 502811600

Being wrong? How so?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-11, 11:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Being wrong? How so?

If you want to be obtuse, that's your perogitive. Let's go with that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-11, 12:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Being wrong? How so?

If you want to be obtuse, that's your perogitive. Let's go with that.

So wanting to double haas is being wrong? Okay then... solid responses and well thought out posts. don’t forget to mark your internet scoreboard pylon 1 otpt 0
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-11, 12:12

DWags wrote:
Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 1494614055

Of course you do.  

That they averaged 43% from three when teams doubled down and they only went 6-19 against MSU forcing bad three's instead of wide open ones, getting them a hefty percentage of 30%, and they made zero three's in the second half, those facts aren't worth thinking about.  Izzo needs to listen to us.  He'd be undefeated.   I've already warned him about JJ and especially Ward sitting so much.  He needs to take our advice.  We played intramural .  And we were good.

When i get a minute, i may look at haas’ numbers. I’m sure he was above average while the 3s were below average. As izzo said it was pick your poison and it worked out.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-11, 12:14

Haas was 12-22.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-11, 12:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Haas was 12-22.

Yep, had 25 compared to his average of 15.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-02-11, 12:17

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/2/10/16999978/people-are-roasting-dan-dakich-after-miles-bridges-game-winner-over-purdue
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-11, 12:24

Haas goes for 10 more than his season average, but V. Edwards, Thompson, and Mathias go 7 , 4 and 5, under their average.   I don't know, like may arm chair coaches around me, I was screaming to double Haas too.   What is more important is that they shot way under their season average and were 17 points under their season average.   Langford has to come out stronger.   I still think we can keep teams under their average, but man, we need guys like McQuaid, Winston and Langford to be hot from the get go if we're going to go on a run come March.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-11, 12:25

Like Paula Lavign, I think you enjoy leaving out other stats.   I get it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-11, 12:32

I think there's a decent argument to be made that we get blown out if we double him and leave their shooters open. We saw the damage they could do early in the first half when our guys were struggling to chase them around screens.

I was not screaming for them to double him. It was agonizing to watch but even at the game I was thinking it my head....this guy is only making about half of his shots. Keep trying to push him out and don't let him get the ball that low. He took a few from outside his comfort zone. He made a couple, but he missed a lot more than he made from that distance. I mean he did miss 10 shots, he was hardly automatic.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-11, 12:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think there's a decent argument to be made that we get blown out if we double him and leave their shooters open. We saw the damage they could do early in the first half when our guys were struggling to chase them around screens.

I was not screaming for them to double him. It was agonizing to watch but even at the game I was thinking it my head....this guy is only making about half of his shots. Keep trying to push him out and don't let him get the ball that low. He took a few from outside his comfort zone. He made a couple, but he missed a lot more than he made from that distance. I mean he did miss 10 shots, he was hardly automatic.

When he put Carter in with a bad knee to get two quick fouls, I was thinking his strategy was to put Haas at the line.   But Haas is like a 75% free throw shooter.  He's going to be a nice asset to some team in the NBA. Not a superstar, but certainly helpful.  He'll get rich.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-11, 12:40

DWags wrote:

A few posts ago you just talked about how they were below average from 3... should i repeat that in every post or?? It was pick your poison, as i said a few posts ago. Rolling Eyes try reading others posts, before claiming you”get it”
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-11, 12:44

DWags wrote:

A few posts ago you just talked about how they were below average from 3... should i repeat that in every post or?? It was pick your poison, as i said a few posts ago. Rolling Eyes try reading others posts, before claiming you”get it”

em, O.K.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-11, 13:00

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think there's a decent argument to be made that we get blown out if we double him and leave their shooters open. We saw the damage they could do early in the first half when our guys were struggling to chase them around screens.

When he put Carter in with a bad knee to get two quick fouls, I was thinking his strategy was to put Haas at the line.   But Haas is like a 75% free throw shooter.  He's going to be a nice asset to some team in the NBA. Not a superstar, but certainly helpful.  He'll get rich.

I was thinking about this on the ride home. Thinking if Haas could hit a jumper he should be a lottery pick. He's 7'2 and has a good post game.

Then my mind wandered into NBA comps and I was going through tall guys. And I thought of Kristaps Porzingis. Who is also 7'2 and has post game but he can knock down 28 foot jump shots.

The NBA is such a different animal. It's like a different planet
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-11, 13:25

DWags wrote:

Definitely. He'll be a 10 year sub at least and in the NBA that equals rich. And regarding the other debate 12/22 from Haas is definitely preferable to 12/22 from their 3 point shooters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-11, 15:52

Nm

Last edited by Nordic on 2018-02-11, 15:55; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-11, 15:55

The Haas lean back won't work against NBA players. Get him away from the hoop and he's ineffective. We saw it yesterday. All his misses came when he didn't get in a deep post position.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-11, 15:58

Re: Haas's
Is it perfectly acceptable to are bar him the way Schilling was? I was happy as hell he didn't get more calls, but it also made me wonder if a different crew might call things differently.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-11, 16:07

The 1 arm bar is a legal play in college BB.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-11, 16:53

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I was thinking about this on the ride home. Thinking if Haas could hit a jumper he should be a lottery pick. He's 7'2 and has a good post game.

Then my mind wandered into NBA comps and I was going through tall guys. And I thought of Kristaps Porzingis. Who is also 7'2 and has post game but he can knock down 28 foot jump shots.

The NBA is such a different animal. It's like a different planet

Yup. If Haas was that good he would have left two years ago.

But he looks like The Spartan, so, you know, there’s that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-11, 16:54

LooseGoose wrote:The 1 arm bar is a legal play in college BB.

I think we just found the name of our new tavern, opening soon near Breslin.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-11, 16:55

tGreenWay wrote:

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 502811600
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-11, 17:19

tGreenWay wrote:

I love this. Drink names or homemade brews? Fast Break, Low Post, Dribble-Drive...
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-11, 20:53

SawGreen wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I love this. Drink names or homemade brews? Fast Break, Low Post, Dribble-Drive...

Posterized, Wipe the Court, The TV Teddy (everybody has to stop and pay attention to the person who ordered that drink until they’re done.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-11, 21:00

gHost Spartan wrote:We need to develop a dish that we can call "Bag of Dicks" for the food menu. Maybe a crock pot of those mini sausages in some kind of white creamy sauce

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 502811600 Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-02-11, 21:06

Floyd Robertson wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:We need to develop a dish that we can call "Bag of Dicks" for the food menu. Maybe a crock pot of those mini sausages in some kind of white creamy sauce

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 502811600 Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 502811600

Then every day can be too many penises day.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-11, 21:08

SawGreen wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Triple shot of jack is the JJJ

Non alcoholic drinks are under the menu title “FUCKING PLAY WARD!”

Foot long hot dog would be the Foles.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-11, 21:20

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 502811600 Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 1401550746
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-11, 22:24

Weiner sNeitzels
A Money Greens salad
Lucious Cyclones...oregano brownies
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-12, 07:55

SawGreen wrote:

Weiner sNeitzels
A Money Greens salad
Lucious Cyclones...oregano brownies

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 5 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-12, 09:31

Here is a decent write up by Mark Titus on the Haas vs. 3 pointers debate.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/2/12/17002820/purdue-boilermakers-isaac-haas-michigan-state-big-ten
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next