Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks

+37
AvgMSUJoe
pulling69
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
The Pantry
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Blanch32
Steve81
Stoops21
Ted Brogan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
xsanguine
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
The_Dude
Nordic
NigelUno
duffy munn
Dr. Strangelove
41 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 6 Empty Re: Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks

Post by DWags Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 9:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is a decent write up by Mark Titus on the Haas vs. 3 pointers debate.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/2/12/17002820/purdue-boilermakers-isaac-haas-michigan-state-big-ten

The bolded part is where amateurs like myself and others on this board were frustrated.   I know me and the guy net to me I was sitting with were screaming for a double team.   Went the whole game and never once figured this out.  It's why Izzo is Izzo.

It’s infuriating to see Izzo continue to play Bridges and Jaren Jackson Jr. out of position considering that Jackson is the best interior defender in the league and yet somehow didn’t guard Haas for a single second on Saturday. But at this point it’s clear that Izzo has no intention of mixing things up, 

This is also why it's aggravating to watch this team and Izzo.  I"m sure Izzo has an answer as to why he does this also, and I'm just not smart enough to figure out why, but I'd play those horses as much as I could.  He won't, I get it, This won't change.  

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 6 Empty Re: Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 9:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is a decent write up by Mark Titus on the Haas vs. 3 pointers debate.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/2/12/17002820/purdue-boilermakers-isaac-haas-michigan-state-big-ten

[OTPTsignal.jpeg]
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 10:29

DWags wrote:

The bolded part is where amateurs like myself and others on this board were frustrated.   I know me and the guy net to me I was sitting with were screaming for a double team.   Went the whole game and never once figured this out.  It's why Izzo is Izzo.

It’s infuriating to see Izzo continue to play Bridges and Jaren Jackson Jr. out of position considering that Jackson is the best interior defender in the league and yet somehow didn’t guard Haas for a single second on Saturday. But at this point it’s clear that Izzo has no intention of mixing things up, 

This is also why it's aggravating to watch this team and Izzo.  I"m sure Izzo has an answer as to why he does this also, and I'm just not smart enough to figure out why, but I'd play those horses as much as I could.  He won't, I get it, This won't change.  

If (when) we meet again, I don't care too much about a full double-team, but I would like to see if there is an opportunity for a guard or small forward to be able to dig a bit at Haas' dribble. I would have to re-watch the game to see if that is even possible because it looks like Purdue spreads the floor pretty well.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 10:30

I am guessing he didn't use Jackson because Haas would have manhandled him. Haas is 300 lbs. I think he wanted to make him work and tire him out a bit, per the point in the article.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 10:30

SawGreen wrote:
DWags wrote:

If (when) we meet again, I don't care too much about a full double-team, but I would like to see if there is an opportunity for a guard or small forward to be able to dig a bit at Haas' dribble. I would have to re-watch the game to see if that is even possible because it looks like Purdue spreads the floor pretty well.

They started doing this in the 2nd half when possible.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 10:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am guessing he didn't use Jackson because Haas would have manhandled him. Haas is 300 lbs. I think he wanted to make him work and tire him out a bit, per the point in the article.

Would have backed him down easily
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 12:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

If (when) we meet again, I don't care too much about a full double-team, but I would like to see if there is an opportunity for a guard or small forward to be able to dig a bit at Haas' dribble.  I would have to re-watch the game to see if that is even possible because it looks like Purdue spreads the floor pretty well.

A couple times.  Even when a guard would take a little fake dig step at him, he'd pick up his dribble and shoot.  Wouldn't have to really leave your man, just a fake step down, Haas would see it and make his move.   I'd like to see his percentage when we did that.  And I really only saw it a couple of times.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 13:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am guessing he didn't use Jackson because Haas would have manhandled him. Haas is 300 lbs. I think he wanted to make him work and tire him out a bit, per the point in the article.
Yeah, the way he bulldozed our guys a couple of times, Jackson would have gotten moved easily and/or fouled Haas quickly. And as awesome of a shot blocker as Jackson is, a jump hook from a 7'2" guy that is backing you down, is going to be a more difficult block than most people he's faced.

Comp made a good point on the V-Cast, about WHEN Haas was effective. Early in each half, and after he came in after a rest. Those two baskets Haas hit down the stretch came right after he was sitting. I remember actually being surprised that Painter was waiting as long as he did to put him back in. Comp also pointed out that this is probably why Izzo didn't call a time out when we had the ball with about a minute left, which is usually very typical of Izzo in that situation. He didn't want Haas to get any extra rest for their next possession. Assuming that Izzo had seen on tape that Haas wears down, that's probably part of the reason he was confident that over the long haul that was a better poison to pick.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 13:45

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

A couple times.  Even when a guard would take a little fake dig step at him, he'd pick up his dribble and shoot.  Wouldn't have to really leave your man, just a fake step down, Haas would see it and make his move.   I'd like to see his percentage when we did that.  And I really only saw it a couple of times.
I saw the same thing, just a couple times in the second half. Pretty sure both times Haas rushed his shot and missed.
Purdue did spread the floor and make it difficult to go at Haas without leaving a shooter wide open.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 14:02

So, instead of all of us being a monday morning QB, if you're Painter and you play us in the BTT, what do you do to combat Izzo's defense?    How do you get your three pointers open?   Keeping Haas on an Island seems pretty smart to me.  I'm a dumb ass yelling to double him, not thinking of their three point shooters.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 14:06

Is this the catch-all thread for dumb shit ESPN posts? Their bracketologist just dropped us to a 3 seed... after beating their 1 seed in Purdue. Dude obviously just copy and pasted what the NCAA released.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 14:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is this the catch-all thread for dumb shit ESPN posts? Their bracketologist just dropped us to a 3 seed... after beating their 1 seed in Purdue. Dude obviously just copy and pasted what the NCAA released.

Coaches poll just ranked us #1 in the land also.  
so, #1 in the land, #11 in the brackets.  

Makes perfect sense
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 14:10

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is this the catch-all thread for dumb shit ESPN posts? Their bracketologist just dropped us to a 3 seed... after beating their 1 seed in Purdue. Dude obviously just copy and pasted what the NCAA released.

Makes perfect sense

Polls mean dick, wags.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 14:17

DWags wrote:

Makes perfect sense
We lose a few spots in the seeding because Izzo helped Nassar molest girls.

Seriously, though, tell me that you can't you see ESPN lobbying for us to get a lower seed because of this made up bullshit. Like saying that the NCAA shouldn't want a program "embroiled in a scandal" to get the hype of a 1 seed.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 14:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

Makes perfect sense

Polls mean dick, wags.

You're so wise, beyond your years in fact, I think we should henceforth refer to you as 'Old Wise One'.

Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 14:28

I.B. Fine wrote:

Polls mean dick, wags.

You're so wise, beyond your years in fact, I think we should henceforth refer to you as 'Old Wise One'.

Wink

I’ll take it!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 14:37

DWags wrote:So, instead of all of us being a monday morning QB, if you're Painter and you play us in the BTT, what do you do to combat Izzo's defense?    How do you get your three pointers open?   Keeping Haas on an Island seems pretty smart to me.  I'm a dumb ass yelling to double him, not thinking of their three point shooters.

He was asked this in the post gamer - if he would do anything different - and he basically said nah, Haas is a really good player and you have to ride him.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 15:00

DWags wrote:

Makes perfect sense

Polls mean dick, wags.

Really?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 15:33

DWags wrote:

Polls mean dick, wags.

Really?
Don't talk to Old Wise One in such a disrespectful tone, he may go biblical on you! Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 6 1550444538
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 15:44

DWags wrote:

Polls mean dick, wags.

Really?

Outside of public perception, really.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 15:46

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Really?
Don't talk to Old Wise One in such a disrespectful tone, he may go biblical on you! Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 6 1550444538

Was he the one with a Heath Ledger obsession?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 15:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

That was Ozymandias. I think Old Wise One was more of a Wells Hall conservative type, but I could be mistaken.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 15:54

DWags wrote:

Really?

This is almost as genius as running plays they aren’t expecting
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 15:59

Cameron wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

That was Ozymandias. I think Old Wise One was more of a Wells Hall conservative type, but I could be mistaken.

That's right. I knew it was a O-something name.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 16:06

DWags wrote:

Oh, well if you knew that already it’s odd that you tried to use polls as a counterpoint to where the NCAA sees us right now.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 16:19

Somebody has to deliver the bag o’ dicks to Dakitch.

Not it. Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 6 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 16:41

gHost Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

OldWiseOne was one of the funniest RCMB posters in history. Holy shit that dude was fucking hilarious. Super conservative type unless that was just a schtick. Funny shit. Loved his posts.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is Bee?

Rehab. Too much dick.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 16:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

OldWiseOne was one of the funniest RCMB posters in history. Holy shit that dude was fucking hilarious. Super conservative type unless that was just a schtick. Funny shit. Loved his posts.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is Bee?

Rehab. Too much dick.

Rehab, like reconversion therapy?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 16:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Rehab. Too much dick.

Rehab, like reconversion therapy?

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 6 Source
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 17:42

DWags wrote:

Oh, well if you knew that already it’s odd that you tried to use polls as a counterpoint to where the NCAA sees us right now.

Why are we number one? Just because? Or do most sane people use criteria? It’s not that we’re number one, it’s that a bunch of coaches and writers are using criteria for us to be there. It’s pretty crazy that Kansas is ahead of us. And that I have to explain that to you isn’t surprising, just tiring. Welp. My fault. Carry on.

Last edited by DWags on Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 18:06

I hope we win it all and it drives ESPN crazy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 18:08

So polls matter in basketball but not football. Jesus! Come on y’all!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 18:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So polls matter in basketball but not football. Jesus! Come on y’all!

The stupidity of it all bothers me the most.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 19:05

What's stupid is that the CFP committee is tasked with creating their own subjective criteria to determine who the best four teams are and the Tourney committee is apparently tasked with determining the best resumes in order using specific numerical metrics that are also if subjective value.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 19:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So polls matter in basketball but not football. Jesus! Come on y’all!

Y'all?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 19:39

I warned you Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 6 1550444538
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 19:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Y'all?

He moved to South Denver.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 19:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Y'all?

He moved to South Denver.

Bump when Dan Dakich should eat a bag of dicks - Page 6 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 20:46

Jamelle Hill wrote a new column. I refuse to read it #boycot ESPN
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 20:53

I have no will to adhere to principles the way you do steve. Here is the article for your consumption without clicking. It's not too bad, actually.

EAST LANSING, Michigan — In sports, it’s not uncommon to suggest that victories deliver redemption, healing, closure — a balm for any wound that will not heal.

If only it were that simple. But when Michigan State’s Miles Bridges hit a 3-pointer from NBA range with three seconds left to help the Spartans squeeze out a 68-65 victory over third-ranked Purdue on Feb. 10, it finally gave a scarred community permission to smile, be joyous, release some pent-up frustration.

Consider the backdrop of Bridges’ buzzer-beater game-winner: The school is attempting to atone for its role in the atrocities committed by former USA Gymnastics and Michigan State team doctor Larry Nassar, who will spend the rest of his miserable life in prison for abusing women and girls over decades. Then the stench from the Nassar scandal wafted over to the school’s basketball and football programs, as Nassar’s case prompted foundational questions about how the school adjudicated sexual assault cases overall — especially after an ESPN report put the state’s most popular coach, Tom Izzo, under fire for his program’s handling of previous sexual assault allegations against some of his former players.

Also: Saturday was the day that Michigan State honored coach Jud Heathcote, the brilliant, wonderfully entertaining basketball legend who was best known for winning a title with Magic Johnson and mentoring and grooming Izzo, Heathcote’s successor. Dozens of former players came to pay their respects to Heathcote, who died last August, but it was also a clear show of solidarity and support for Izzo and the program.

RELATED STORIES
Michigan State needs to wear this shame
It’s time for Tom Izzo to stop deflecting and start talking
NCAA begins investigation into Michigan State's handling of Larry Nassar
This is what I’m not doing here — beating Purdue does not mean everything is good here. It can’t cover the fact that Nassar abused and deeply traumatized women for decades. It’s certainly not enough to keep people from wondering whether Michigan State has an institutional problem when it comes to protecting and supporting women. It won’t stop people from wanting Izzo and football coach Mark Dantonio to answer questions about the sexual assault incidents involving their players. But that shot and that win provided a brief respite from the suffocating tension that permeates the campus.

These are emotional times in East Lansing. I was on campus all day Feb. 9, and after conversing with a lot of students, administrators and faculty, it was clear that many of them are struggling to balance contrition and sympathy for the survivors with the love they still feel for the university. A few students mentioned that they receive strange looks sometimes when they wear their Michigan State apparel outside of East Lansing.

It seems some may have already made the decision that they don’t feel comfortable supporting the university anymore. According to The Detroit News, fundraising at Michigan State dropped 25 percent during the latter half of 2017, which coincides with the increased national attention on Nassar’s crimes.

With all this weighing down the air, it makes sense that Saturday’s victory felt like more than just a win over a potential Final Four team.

I’m guessing that’s probably part of the reason Izzo’s eyes welled with tears during his on-court interview with ESPN’s Allison Williams immediately after his team beat Purdue. It’s not like Izzo hasn’t won plenty of meaningful games against incredibly talented opponents at home before. He’s a national championship coach and certainly didn’t need this win to pad his extensive coaching resume.

But when Williams asked Izzo what was going through his mind? “A lot,” he said, choking up. “Jud. The survivors.”

Izzo elaborated a little more when he was more composed in his postgame news conference.

“I hope [the win] wasn’t for me,” he said. “I hope it was for our survivors, our people and our community, our school. But I hope it was for them too.”

Now, I get that no one wants to hear how tough things have been for Izzo these past few weeks, but the truth is that this is the most difficult stretch he has ever faced in his career. Izzo has never before had his integrity questioned like this. Izzo’s name is now being linked to a serial abuser like Nassar — that’s got to take a toll. Nassar is a proven predator and monster. Izzo has yet to answer questions surrounding response to allegations against his players. It has not been proved that Izzo committed any misconduct.

Stay undefeated with our culture newsletter

i_am@theundefeated.com
SUBSCRIBE Success! Your inbox thanks you
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next