Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

+29
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Da Mayor
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Code_Warrior
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
NWSpartan
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Senior Dickfist
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
Cameron
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MattyFresh
33 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 4 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:01 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Mike Huntoon @MikeHuntoon 9m9 minutes ago
More
So, with @RyanSchuiling today, Allswede walked back her allegations that sexual assaults are handled differently with athlets vs regular students and Ashley Thompson admitted that her 'Izzo runs East Lansing' allegation was complete assumption. Important stuff.

Too bad not enough people with an open mind will see those retractions.

Scratch that.

Too bad not enough people will see those retractions.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 4 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by InTenSity Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:01 pm

More
So, with @RyanSchuiling today, Allswede walked back her allegations that sexual assaults are handled differently with athlets vs regular students and Ashley Thompson admitted that her 'Izzo runs East Lansing' allegation was complete assumption. Important stuff.
Who is Ryan Schuiling?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:02 pm

InTenSity wrote:
More
Who is Ryan Schuiling?

Local radio host
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:10 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Who is Ryan Schuiling?

Local radio host
Oh, so even if things were walked back, it isn't national and ESPN isn't going to do anything.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Idiots.

Lynsey Mukomel @lynseymukomel 19m19 minutes ago
More
HAPPENING NOW: #MSU students refusing to leave Board of Trustees room. They want interim-president Engler and Trustees to agree to a town hall. Building closes at 5:30, students say "we'll see what happens". @WOODTV
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:13 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Local radio host
Oh, so even if things were walked back, it isn't national and ESPN isn't going to do anything.

Who fucking knows, but in general the damage has been done yes. Doesn’t take much nowadays.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:24 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Idiots.

Lynsey Mukomel @lynseymukomel 19m19 minutes ago
More
HAPPENING NOW: #MSU students refusing to leave Board of Trustees room. They want interim-president Engler and Trustees to agree to a town hall. Building closes at 5:30, students say "we'll see what happens". @WOODTV

Oh, they're being super helpful here.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:28 pm

They're feeling all groovy because they're doing a 1960s style sit in.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Fuck all these feminazis ruining people's lives with their half-truths and crazed allegations. I'm so tired of rape accusation culture.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Couch fires at least a shot across ESPN's bow.....the local media might not be "all in"...

Couch: Tom Izzo has chosen a standoff with ESPN – one he might win
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:35 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Couch fires at least a shot across ESPN's bow.....the local media might not be "all in"...

Couch: Tom Izzo has chosen a standoff with ESPN – one he might win

Might? Couch is selling Izzo short (no pun intended)...
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:18 pm

I think thats the most balls I've seen from a semi-prominent media member against ESPN. Maybe greenway can chime in here and say I am wrong but it sure seems like media members stand together
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:52 pm

He's right on the money in that column. I've spent a good chunk of my time on twitter last couple of days. The ESPN mob is all patting their selves on the back over the OTL episode. One of their reporters called me an idiot for questioning it the other day. Graham is a much needed voice right now because the ESPN writers are a bunch of elitist pricks that won't listen to the lower ranking folks that aren't in the media.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:29 pm

MattyFresh wrote:I think thats the most balls I've seen from a semi-prominent media member against ESPN. Maybe greenway can chime in here and say I am wrong but it sure seems like media members stand together
There's the few like Valenti and a couple of the non-local guys that people have posted here, but yeah, those aren't really all that prominent.  Though since Couch is local, they're probably more of a voice than him.

I don't think it's so much the media standing together with their industry brethren.  FOX would LOVE to tear ESPN a new one over this.  But that's a gigantic risk.  Unless/Until they do their own investigation and are very certain of the facts, they can't call bullshit on this.  At best they can ask for more evidence, or ask MSU for evidence supporting them.  But they aren't going to risk looking like they're anti-victim here.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:39 pm

Is the AG's investigation really looking at the MSU football and basketball program? I hadn't realized that until I read Couch's piece. I guess part of the point, even before the OTL piece, is that we need to be an open book on all of this. I just thought the AG was investigating who knew what and when about Nassar.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:43 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Is the AG's investigation really looking at the MSU football and basketball program? I hadn't realized that until I read Couch's piece. I guess part of the point, even before the OTL piece, is that we need to be an open book on all of this. I just thought the AG was investigating who knew what and when about Nassar.

“Every corner” of MSU. AG said that
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:56 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Is the AG's investigation really looking at the MSU football and basketball program? I hadn't realized that until I read Couch's piece. I guess part of the point, even before the OTL piece, is that we need to be an open book on all of this. I just thought the AG was investigating who knew what and when about Nassar.

I'm fine with that, I believe they're clean and if his report says that it will help so show it was not a systemic problem.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:09 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Is the AG's investigation really looking at the MSU football and basketball program?  I hadn't realized that until I read Couch's piece.  I guess part of the point, even before the OTL piece, is that we need to be an open book on all of this.  I just thought the AG was investigating who knew what and when about Nassar.

I'm fine with that, I believe they're clean and if his report says that it will help so show it was not a systemic problem.
Yeah, I don't want us to hide anything, and am fine with us being an open book. We need to be.  It's just a distraction over something that shouldn't be a concern of Izzo's.  But knowing that, it's no fucking wonder Izzo CAN'T say anything.  Like, LEGALLY can't talk about the specifics.  So why do these fucking dipshit reporters still ask him?  It was the same shit with Solari getting all pissy that Dantonio wouldn't--couldn't--discuss the players' names that were kicked off the team last year.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:11 pm

town hall with BOT Brian Mosallam
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ZkKzdZNyowJv#
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Ca
MattyFresh wrote:town hall with BOT Brian Mosallam

1.) Cash Winston is there
2.) a lot of women are afraid
3.) some older white men are afraid
4.) everyone hates engler
5.) Brian is getting yelled at (he's the only BOT there obviously)
6.) Loudest cheer was when one guy said he wants a black women to be president of the university

and we're still going
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Holy shit. They’re ripping MSU a new one in that meeting. This might be the straw.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:21 pm

Lot of women saying “I wasn’t raped but I know someone who was. Can’t stop this bolder from rolling down hill.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:22 pm

MattyFresh wrote:Ca

6.) Loudest cheer was when one guy said he wants a black women to be president of the university

and we're still going

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 4 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:27 pm

and we're still going

And this is why an open TH was bad idea
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:27 pm

its a borderline riot
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Nordic wrote:

and we're still going

And this is why an open TH was bad idea

Exactly. No way of validating what anyone is claiming.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:29 pm

MattyFresh wrote:its a borderline riot

Too predictable, everyone competing to be the most scared, offended, etc. And the sad part is that these aren't the victims, at least that I've seen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:31 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:its a borderline riot

Too predictable, everyone competing to be the most scared, offended, etc. And the sad part is that these aren't the victims, at least that I've seen.

I've seen this movie before.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:33 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I've seen this movie before.

All it does is provide an enormous amount of fodder for the media. Mosallam is a damned pandering fool.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Why did I just listen to that, now I have a headache
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Well they got that out of their system. Minus well get it all out this week. One more news cycle day to go.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Nordic wrote:Well they got that out of their system. Minus well get it all out this week. One more news cycle day to go.

yeah, I realize that now, better to have an un-telivised whatever that was than riots in the streets... please god no marching and picketing over some dumb shit
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:53 pm

I've never understand why people purposely damage those things they profess to love.

And they can't believe things like this do anything but damage in the eyes of the general public.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 pm

I got to listen to some of the airing of grievances. I think it was a necessary forum, but I also think it seemed pretty politicised. I have no problem with it. I hope many in attendance realize that they aren't calling back the ships that have set sail. They may not see any fruit from tonight's labor for some time, and I hope there can be some patience. Lack of patience only fans the flames.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:57 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
Nordic wrote:Well they got that out of their system. Minus well get it all out this week. One more news cycle day to go.

yeah, I realize that now, better to have an un-telivised whatever that was than riots in the streets... please god no marching and picketing over some dumb shit

First reaction was they should of done it Friday night. But that might of drawn a big crowd. Tonight was perfect.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:06 pm

LooseGoose wrote:I've never understand why people purposely damage those things they profess to love.

And they can't believe things like this do anything but damage in the eyes of the general public.

I shouldn’t give you this answer, but I like you. That a learned man like yourself is stating this in any other way but rhetorical is irony in and of itself, but here goes. People do that, because they’re fucking idiots. We live with idiots. There are zilly of people among us that are just fucking idiots. Go watch mop man vs truck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Might not have been the best idea (i'm just getting up to speed after a long night of basketball practices and shit so I have no idea the impact and fallout) but man I have to give Mosallam credit. He seems to be the only one actually trying.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:12 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Might not have been the best idea (i'm just getting up to speed after a long night of basketball practices and shit so I have no idea the impact and fallout) but man I have to give Mosallam credit. He seems to be the only one actually trying.

I understand why you would say this, but it may have been the others recognized what a shitshow it was destined to be so avoided "trying".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:20 am

And now Couch starts to take his beating....
Graham Couch Verified account@Graham_Couch 12h12 hours ago
More Graham Couch Retweeted Deadspin
Solid work by @theisen95. Clearly had read a lot my work and knows me well. Thorough, thoughtful and reasonable.

Deadspin‏Verified account @Deadspin Follow Follow @Deadspin
More
East Lansing columnist: ESPN is the real irresponsible party in MSU's sexual assault scandal: http://deadsp.in/ozsbMP7

Unfortunately, the LSJ also features columnist Graham Couch, who spends a lot of his days getting ratioed for poor or useless analysis but occasionally finds time to cover MSU athletics with all the toughness of the school’s own PR department. His latest, from Thursday, is titled “Tom Izzo has chosen a standoff with ESPN – one he might win”:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:23 am

And the author gets her ass tore up in the comments....whoooo booy.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next