Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial: Especially grisly ways to die thread

+25
DWags
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
MiamiSpartan
Pervis Muldoon
CORNER BLITZ
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
Turtleneck
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Jethro Bodeen
Bill Cain
Senior Dickfist
SawGreen
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
goodbar
Dendrobates
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
loogoldham
Floyd Robertson
29 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

tOfficial: Especially grisly ways to die thread - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial: Especially grisly ways to die thread

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:37 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Saw that story earlier.  What a way to go, paying $250K (per person) for an 8-day excursion you don't return from.

If implosion, would be over before you knew it.  Titanic sits at 12,500 feet.  The submersible was rated to 13,100 feet...not a lot of room for error if just one little thing went wrong.  Fire or stuck somewhere and running out of oxygen would be worse IMO.

From the story I read the descent, exploring, then getting back to surface is an 8 hour trip.

I heard an expert say over the weekend that it was over in a “fraction of a millisecond.” That’s a blessing for the billionaire’s son who was terrified of the trip and didn’t want to go. On the other hand, a part of me wished for the problem to extend long enough for the dismissive, condescending owner Rush to realize he should’ve listened to others because he was very wrong.

I saw somewhere that the sub may have been on the way back up. Only reason to do that is if they knew they were fucked if they kept going down and were trying to save themselves.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial: Especially grisly ways to die thread - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial: Especially grisly ways to die thread

Post by The Pantry Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:17 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I heard an expert say over the weekend that it was over in a “fraction of a millisecond.” That’s a blessing for the billionaire’s son who was terrified of the trip and didn’t want to go. On the other hand, a part of me wished for the problem to extend long enough for the dismissive, condescending owner Rush to realize he should’ve listened to others because he was very wrong.

I saw somewhere that the sub may have been on the way back up. Only reason to do that is if they knew they were fucked if they kept going down and were trying to save themselves.
Read a story like that. Something about them dropping ascent weights (pipes, whatever) just before communication was lost. Sort of thinking Rush heard the thing creaking like a really old stairway at 7-9000 feet but was too late reacting.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:19 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

That’s what I read at some point, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:26 pm

Fuck the ocean. Ain't nothing I need to see that I can't see on dry land. Fuck the sky, too, come to think of it. I don't have any reason to be near a plane.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:20 pm

Cameron wrote:Fuck the ocean. Ain't nothing I need to see that I can't see on dry land. Fuck the sky, too, come to think of it. I don't have any reason to be near a plane.
Took some cruises when younger. One was out of Puerto Rico to Aruba, Curacao, VI's. Couple full days at sea. Kinda blew my mind finding out we were cruising water 18000+ feet. Had no idea the Carribean got that deep.

Use to fly fairly often. Haven't in almost 20 years. Went to my nieces funeral in NC 10 years ago...I drove down.

If traveling long distance now will probably take the train, but even those have had issues recently.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:24 am

They just can't help themselves: Billionaire James Crown dies in crash at Colorado racetrack

A prominent Chicago billionaire died in a car crash Sunday at a racetrack in Colorado, officials said.

James Crown, a businessman and philanthropist who was part of Chicago's wealthy Crown family, suffered blunt force trauma after hitting an impact barrier at Aspen Motorsports Park in Woody Creek, the Pitkin County Coroner's Office said in a news release. A final cause of death for Crown is still pending an investigation by the coroner's office.

Next up: Virgin Galactic to launch its 1st commercial spaceflight on June 29
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:29 am

The Pantry wrote:
Cameron wrote:Fuck the ocean. Ain't nothing I need to see that I can't see on dry land. Fuck the sky, too, come to think of it. I don't have any reason to be near a plane.
Took some cruises when younger. One was out of Puerto Rico to Aruba, Curacao, VI's. Couple full days at sea. Kinda blew my mind finding out we were cruising water 18000+ feet. Had no idea the Carribean got that deep.

Use to fly fairly often. Haven't in almost 20 years. Went to my nieces funeral in NC 10 years ago...I drove down.

If traveling long distance now will probably take the train, but even those have had issues recently.

Have a phobia about being on ships in deep water, but flying is statistically the safest way to travel, though it is polluting the planet quite a bit.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:55 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:They just can't help themselves: Billionaire James Crown dies in crash at Colorado racetrack

A prominent Chicago billionaire died in a car crash Sunday at a racetrack in Colorado, officials said.

James Crown, a businessman and philanthropist who was part of Chicago's wealthy Crown family, suffered blunt force trauma after hitting an impact barrier at Aspen Motorsports Park in Woody Creek, the Pitkin County Coroner's Office said in a news release. A final cause of death for Crown is still pending an investigation by the coroner's office.

Going to race car driving school in November. I've done a few laps around MIS.

Been on half dozen plane rides the last few weeks.

Doing a long driving roading next week. I plan on jumping off some rocks into the water.

Cheating death every day.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:31 am

[tw]1676605042042839044[/tw]

Should have left the dog home.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:31 pm

Happened a few days ago...720 feet.  Using an online calculator, took the guy less than 8 seconds to hit the ground at 106 mph.

DAREDEVIL REMI LUCIDI DEAD AT 30 ... After Falling Off Hong Kong Skyscraper
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:39 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1676605042042839044[/tw]

Should have left the dog home.

Jeez, I hope the dog is okay.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:41 pm

Nordic wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:They just can't help themselves: Billionaire James Crown dies in crash at Colorado racetrack

Going to race car driving school in November. I've done a few laps around MIS.

Been on half dozen plane rides the last few weeks.

Doing a long driving roading next week. I plan on jumping off some rocks into the water.

Cheating death every day.

Funny, I misread that memo and took off in my car for some thong driving. Boy, are truckers horndogs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:46 pm

The Pantry wrote:Happened a few days ago...720 feet.  Using an online calculator, took the guy less than 8 seconds to hit the ground at 106 mph.

Nobody saw that coming. Well, I guess he did as he approached the pavement.
These urban daredevils actually piss me off because their antics threaten the lives of innocent people on the ground. It’s only good fortune that this moran didn’t land on a pedestrian or motorist. You want to kill yourself? Fine. But do it where there’s no threat to the population below.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:50 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Happened a few days ago...720 feet.  Using an online calculator, took the guy less than 8 seconds to hit the ground at 106 mph.

These urban daredevils actually piss me off because their antics threaten the lives of innocent people on the ground. It’s only good fortune that this moran didn’t land on a pedestrian or motorist. You want to kill yourself? Fine. But do it where there’s no threat to the population below.

Saw a show where it said a fall from two stories will royally eff you up. From that high up they probably have to scrape you off the pavement.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:57 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Saw a show where it said a fall from two stories will royally eff you up. From that high up they probably have to scrape you off the pavement.

No idea. No desire to seek the answer, either. My days of browsing rotten.com are long gone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:17 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Guessing it would look like semi hit roadkill on the freeway.  In the words of Berta from Two and A Half Men, "I ain't cleanin' that up."
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Polydorus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:40 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

OSHA training will tell you that you have a 50/50 chance of surviving a fall from 6’.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:50 pm

The Pantry wrote:

Guessing it would look like semi hit roadkill on the freeway.  In the words of Berta from Two and A Half Men, "I ain't cleanin' that up."

IB4 my buddy Turtleneck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:52 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:

OSHA training will tell you that you have a 50/50 chance of surviving a fall from 6’.

My odds are better from that height if I can land facing down. My big nose acts like a kind of roll bar.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:20 pm

Woman dies in what is believed to be Arizona’s first fatal elk attack, officials say
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:16 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Woman dies in what is believed to be Arizona’s first fatal elk attack, officials say

Rut roh. tOfficial: Especially grisly ways to die thread - Page 7 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:06 pm

Man dies after crawling inside jet engine at Salt Lake City airport

The passenger, Efinger, had gone through one of the terminal’s emergency exit doors and onto the airport’s outdoor ramp area, police said.

During the search, a pilot reported seeing the man, the release said. Minutes later, officers found personal items on one of the runways, including clothes and shoes.

About 10 minutes into the search, dispatchers notified police the man was at one of the airport’s plane de-icing pads, where he went under a plane and accessed the engine, police said. Police then asked air traffic controllers to tell the pilot to shut down the aircraft’s engines.

When officers arrived at the plane, they found Efinger unconscious and “partially inside” one of the commercial plane’s wing-mounted engines, which were still rotating, police said, noting “the specific stage of engine operation remains under investigation.”

“SLCPD officers and Airport Operations pulled the man from the engine’s intake cowling, secured the scene, began lifesaving efforts, and requested emergency medical services,” the release said. Those efforts included CPR and the administration of naloxone.

Efinger died on the scene, according to police. An autopsy will be conducted to determine his cause and manner of death, and medical examiners may conduct a toxicology report, the department added.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:12 pm

Leaving on a jet plane, don’t know if I’ll be back again.

Old guys, wasn’t that a song?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:14 pm

DWags wrote:Leaving on a jet plane, don’t know if I’ll be back again.

Yes, by The Carpenters
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:31 pm

Yes, by The Carpenters

Not sure if serious…

Written and recorded by John Denver. Peter, Paul, and Mary covered it and is likely the most famous version. There is a live version of it done by John Denver and Karen Carpenter.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Polydorus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:55 pm

Oh, oh, big ol' jet airliner
Don't carry me too far away
Oh, oh, big ol' jet airliner
'Cause it's here that I've got to stay (forever)
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:59 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:

Yes, by The Carpenters

Not sure if serious…

Written and recorded by John Denver. Peter, Paul, and Mary covered it and is likely the most famous version. There is a live version of it done by John Denver and Karen Carpenter.

More like a foggy memory. :)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:46 pm

What a sucky way to die.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:47 pm

Death by world’s largest smoothie machine.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:56 pm

dude was propelled into history.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:07 am

A man claiming to be active duty US Air Force died after setting himself on fire in front of the Israeli embassy in Washington. He said he could no longer be complicit in Israel’s genocide against Palestinians in Gaza. The self-immolation was apparently carried live on Twitch, though police would not confirm the video’s authenticity.

US airman dies after setting himself on fire outside Israeli embassy in Washington https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68405119
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:31 am

tGreenWay wrote:A man claiming to be active duty US Air Force died after setting himself on fire in front of the Israeli embassy in Washington. He said he could no longer be complicit in Israel’s genocide against Palestinians in Gaza. The self-immolation was apparently carried live on Twitch, though police would not confirm the video’s authenticity.

US airman dies after setting himself on fire outside Israeli embassy in Washington https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68405119

Saw a picture. Remember the Monks in Vietnam? Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:26 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:A man claiming to be active duty US Air Force died after setting himself on fire in front of the Israeli embassy in Washington. He said he could no longer be complicit in Israel’s genocide against Palestinians in Gaza. The self-immolation was apparently carried live on Twitch, though police would not confirm the video’s authenticity.

Saw a picture. Remember the Monks in Vietnam? Wow.

It has to be a gruesome and painful way to go. Stay gold, Pony Boy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:49 pm

Any one in favor of tGreenway self-immolating for a Sweet 16 run?

tOfficial: Especially grisly ways to die thread - Page 7 1362440668
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:13 pm

Nordic wrote:Any one in favor of tGreenway self-immolating for a Sweet 16 run?

Self?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:42 pm

Last edited by duffy munn on Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:42 pm

Yes
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:38 pm

Meh...he's done it so many times on here already...
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:42 pm

Can he self-flagellate and then self-immolate?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:28 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:Can he self-flagellate and then self-immolate?

As you already know, self-flagellation is part of my monthly BDSM package you’ve renewed thrice already. Now, be a good boy and shut the fuck up or daddy will get angry.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next