Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+27
steveschneider
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
MiamiSpartan
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
WCSparty
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
MattyFresh
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
Cameron
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Bill Cain
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Watch Out Pylon!
31 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 9 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry 2020-07-20, 19:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:I went shopping online for some water shoes. Kind of an emergency need. I couldn't find any in stock at a brick and mortar place where I could pick them up. It's July, so naturally I'd have better luck buying a winter coat.

Even Amazon Prime says they can't get them to me for a week.

Life is unfair and complicated sometimes.
Just be thankful to have toilet paper.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-07-20, 21:43

Cameron wrote:
Cameron wrote:Is it just me, or has there been a little less nonsense around here over the past few days? I'm enjoying it.
It was nice while it lasted...

Please cut the self chit chat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-07-20, 21:45

Bill Cain wrote:Another first date that leads nowhere. It didn’t necessarily go nowhere. And she told me afterward that she wanted a second date. She looked up at me like she wanted a kiss and I gave her a hug. I just deleted contact with her because I interpreted something negatively.

Some people are their own worst enemy.

What happened? Did she deflate when you squeezed her?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-07-21, 17:13

Requested a new license plate tab online on the 6th. Still not here. Got tabs online for years. Usually show up in the mail in less than a week. Covid related? How much of our state government is actually back to work?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-07-23, 08:42

There is something dead in my garage and I can't find it and I don't really know what to do.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-07-23, 08:53

The Pantry wrote:Requested a new license plate tab online on the 6th. Still not here. Got tabs online for years. Usually show up in the mail in less than a week. Covid related? How much of our state government is actually back to work?

Pretty sure it’s COVID related. My MIL renewed hers for the end of April and didn’t get them until July. They said it was COVID and that part of the EO was a grace period for renewals.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-25, 06:42

Youtube. I’m sure shit like this gets by most sheeple but they have more commercials now that they stream before ideos and more surveys that I have to opt out of before I watch a video. . I’m not going to lie it irritates me a lot.

For tv there’s  multiple networks and even a PBS. How come we can’t have the same for video streaming services?  Let’s also be real YouTube built their company up off of copyright violations. They were Napster 2.0 but for some reason no one cared as much when YouTube did it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-25, 09:12

I'm pretty sure there are multiple streaming services. Like dozens and dozens of them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-25, 09:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:I'm pretty sure there are multiple streaming services. Like dozens and dozens of them.

Why do billions of people just flock to one making it a titan? There’s Vimeo and Dailymotion. Cat videos don’t have to go up on just YouTube.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-25, 11:56

Tik tok? Also Facebook and instagram to a lesser extent (in terms of video). People go where the most users are. And that's why TV networks aren't a good comparison because they control the content to attract viewers.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-26, 08:01

MiamiSpartan wrote:Tik tok? Also Facebook and instagram to a lesser extent (in terms of video). People go where the most users are. And that's why TV networks aren't a good comparison because they control the content to attract viewers.

Never been on Tik Tok. I’m thinking about jumping ship and becoming a Vimeo guy. It seems like the “HBO” of streaming sites.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-26, 14:13

Why go to a Michigan State game? I mean Kalamazoo College also has football. There doesn’t have to be just one place.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2020-07-26, 21:53

Is it weird that my party drug is a stimulant? Depressants turn me into a mute.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-07-26, 22:44

What’s the difference between the people of Dubai and the people of Abu Dhabi?

Dubai people don’t like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-26, 22:48

That is turrible.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-07-26, 22:58

Rocinante wrote:That is turrible.

Pure Rubble
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-07-26, 23:04

Nordic wrote:
Rocinante wrote:That is turrible.

Pure Rubble

I was wondering,”Wilma friends think it’s funny?”
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-26, 23:13

I Dino man... Betty keep it to yourself in the future.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-07-28, 18:24

In another sign of the apocalypse, GWAR was on my local news today... Just some fluff piece on playing an acoustic set on AV club... Fucking weird.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-07-28, 18:33

steveschneider wrote:Youtube. I’m sure shit like this gets by most sheeple but they have more commercials now that they stream before ideos and more surveys that I have to opt out of before I watch a video. . I’m not going to lie it irritates me a lot.

For tv there’s  multiple networks and even a PBS. How come we can’t have the same for video streaming services?  Let’s also be real YouTube built their company up off of copyright violations. They were Napster 2.0 but for some reason no one cared as much when YouTube did it.

bought google play music years ago as my streaming music platform. It's now youtube music I believe, dont pay much attention to that, but it comes bundled with youtube premium so I haven't seen a youtbe ad in probably 5 years
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-07-28, 18:51

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Youtube. I’m sure shit like this gets by most sheeple but they have more commercials now that they stream before ideos and more surveys that I have to opt out of before I watch a video. . I’m not going to lie it irritates me a lot.

bought google play music years ago as my streaming music platform. It's now youtube music I believe, dont pay much attention to that, but it comes bundled with youtube premium so I haven't seen a youtbe ad in probably 5 years
Haven't looked into youtube premium. What's that cost?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-07-28, 22:07

The Pantry wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Haven't looked into youtube premium. What's that cost?

My guess is my thing won't last much longer

I pay 9.99/month for Google Play Music which comes with YoutubePremium

Google Play music is now Youtube Music Premium for the same 9.99 - but Youtube Premium isnt included with youtube music premium

Now you'll have to pay 11.99 for Youtube Premium...which will include Youtube Music Premium

I am a big fan of the premium though - in addition to ad free, you can have youtube keep playing in the background/with screen off
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-07-28, 23:02

I have youtube music. I love it, it is simple and easy. You can find anything. But admittedly not a big music guy so I haven't spent much time looking for alternatives. It works when I use it. I'm happy with it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-07-28, 23:48

Someone get on the phone with tSwill Internet Security Team. GreenWay and/or Turtle stole DWags password.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-07-28, 23:52

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I went shopping online for some water shoes. Kind of an emergency need. I couldn't find any in stock at a brick and mortar place where I could pick them up. It's July, so naturally I'd have better luck buying a winter coat.

Even Amazon Prime says they can't get them to me for a week.

Life is unfair and complicated sometimes.
Just be thankful to have toilet paper.

No toilet paper necessary with a bidet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-07-31, 08:49

It's been a weird week.
One of our neighbors died (wife of a retired couple in their 80s). The husband found his wife floating in their pool. I don't know anything else. Police came to our house, and had dogs sniffing around. I think just to rule things out.

Then one of my husband's cousins (he married into the family), was found dead by his wife. No one could get a hold of him, and he didn't meet his wife and son at the park. Thankfully, their 5 year old son wasn't with her when she found him. He was one of our groomsmen in our wedding. Just a sad sad situation. Their son's birthday party is tomorrow, which they decided to continue with. I hope it's a nice distraction for everyone. We will be there. Just feel terrible for them.

So yea...an odd messed up week.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-07-31, 09:59

Brutsal dendro. 

One of my buyers died last Friday. I talked to him earlier in the day. Maybe a year older than me.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2020-08-01, 23:55

I had a sleep study conducted a few days ago. At best I have nothing to really worry about. At worse I’m having nocturnal seizures.

I’m a bit scared of what the results will come back with, to be honest.

Never do drugs, I screwed up my head awhile back abusing amphetamines among other things. As my old professor who I became close to said to me shaking his head and sighing, “some people are their own worst enemies...”. Your parents can only protect you from yourself for so long, and I was never one to shy away from danger. I once had a psychiatrist say, “Bill is easily my most confusing patient.  He’s good looking, well groomed, nice, well spoken, and talking to him you can tell you’re talking to a smart and well educated man. He’s also in perfect physical health and yet he lives the life of a recluse”. I am no longer a recluse but I found through therapy that most of this was self induced as well as many of my other issues. It’s puzzling to many to be born with such good footing yet hate yourself and self deprecate all the time.

I love all of you no matter what my results say.

Last edited by Bill Cain on 2020-08-02, 00:11; edited 4 times in total
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-08-01, 23:58

Love ya, Bill.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-02, 00:00

We love you Bill. Learn to do the same.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2020-08-03, 21:50

My therapist says the only type of therapy that works on me is when they beat the shit out of me and kick my ass

I should have joined the military

Oh and it’s a no on the seizures
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-03, 22:00

Bill Cain wrote:My therapist says the only type of therapy that works on me is when they beat the shit out of me and kick my ass

I should have joined the military

Oh and it’s a no on the seizures
Drink more. Will relax the seizures right out of you.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-04, 00:58

How much weed do you smoke, Bill?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-04, 01:54

Bill Cain wrote:I had a sleep study conducted a few days ago. At best I have nothing to really worry about. At worse I’m having nocturnal seizures.

I’m a bit scared of what the results will come back with, to be honest.

Never do drugs, I screwed up my head awhile back abusing amphetamines among other things. As my old professor who I became close to said to me shaking his head and sighing, “some people are their own worst enemies...”. Your parents can only protect you from yourself for so long, and I was never one to shy away from danger. I once had a psychiatrist say, “Bill is easily my most confusing patient.  He’s good looking, well groomed, nice, well spoken, and talking to him you can tell you’re talking to a smart and well educated man. He’s also in perfect physical health and yet he lives the life of a recluse”. I am no longer a recluse but I found through therapy that most of this was self induced as well as many of my other issues. It’s puzzling to many to be born with such good footing yet hate yourself and self deprecate all the time.

I love all of you no matter what my results say.

Stand fast, Bill. Get a hobby. Maybe buy a Jeep and go off-roading with it. I’ve heard it’s great therapy and it will get you outside.

btw: Your therapist shouldn’t be talking about you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2020-08-05, 00:02

Alright bros.

I’ve talked to a dude at work and he said the reason why my sales are mediocre is a lack of drive to sell. He needs to support a family, his bills, mortgage, and habits. So he has a lot of drive to sell

My parents still take care of shit for me and I live with my parents. So I’ve decided that I’m going to move out and start living above my means instead of saving everything.

The best salespeople are people that were raised in lower than average socioeconomic households and have an inborn feeling that their poor. Or they are people that live above their means and constantly feel like they need money to support their lifestyle. I hope to be the latter

Oh and I’ve also stopped masturbating. You know why? When you jerk off you’re convincing your mind that you’re having sex even though you’re not. When you see an attractive girl instead of going up to her you likely just go the easy route and use your hand instead.

But when you don’t masturbate you make yourself extremely horny. You’re essentially a dude that needs to bust a nut and will start approaching girls because you’re dick is driving you crazy. You need to have sex NOW!

You only gain desire and drive if you need it.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-05, 00:17

Smoke a joint, Bill.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-05, 13:32

Keep getting logged out again.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-05, 13:35

Rocinante wrote:Keep getting logged out again.

Ditto. Bots trying to hack our accounts Random Ramblings - Page 9 1550444538
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-05, 13:35

Cameron wrote:Smoke a joint, Bill.

Seconded.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-05, 15:07

How do I know, really, that the phone soap my wife bought me is doing its job and killing viruses?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next