Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+27
steveschneider
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
MiamiSpartan
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
WCSparty
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
MattyFresh
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
Cameron
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Bill Cain
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Watch Out Pylon!
31 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay Wed 2 Dec - 17:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Adulting with Charlie Kangs? Hell we were scared to eat there as undergrads 20 years ago because of all of the health code violations.

Part of the reason I never went there was because I thought the place looked dirty and I also figured the food wouldn’t be very good. Figured it was sustenance-level only. After a number of people through the years said good things about it, we relented and ordered it for a couple of lunches at home.
Also: Please don’t use that word.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 3 Dec - 13:03

If giant moose would come back I would support his unbanning. I heard somewhere that we have to build back better.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 3 Dec - 14:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Adulting with Charlie Kangs? Hell we were scared to eat there as undergrads 20 years ago because of all of the health code violations.
A bud rented a room over Charlie Kangs... Dude stunk for years after that. That smell embedded into his skin I swear. The place was smaller then a nice sized closet.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 3 Dec - 14:47

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
A bud rented a room over Charlie Kangs... Dude stunk for years after that. That smell embedded into his skin I swear. The place was smaller then a nice sized closet.

I knew someone who had the apartment over the old Wendy’s near People’s Church. It was a huge place and yes, smelled like a fast food joint.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Thu 3 Dec - 19:37

The Pantry wrote:Forgot the mackerel.  The free stuff was on top of sardines and mackerel I'd purchased two months before.

I have sardines and mackerel coming out my ass.

Random Ramblings - Page 21 20190812

Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600 You're gonna have sardines and mackerel coming out of your ass for months.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 3 Dec - 19:58

y2kMgrad wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Forgot the mackerel.  The free stuff was on top of sardines and mackerel I'd purchased two months before.

I have sardines and mackerel coming out my ass.

Random Ramblings - Page 21 20190812

Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600 You're gonna have sardines and mackerel coming out of your ass for months.
Was starting a keto diet and the canned seafood made sense, until I ate it for like a week straight Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600

Have since added canned smoked oysters to the repertoire. Turns out I can't eat those very long before tiring of them Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

y2kMgrad likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 3 Dec - 20:15

Holy!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and y2kMgrad like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 3 Dec - 20:47

The Pantry wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

Was starting a keto diet and the canned seafood made sense, until I ate it for like a week straight Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600

Have since added canned smoked oysters to the repertoire. Turns out I can't eat those very long before tiring of them Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600

Your farts must be like a toxic cloud.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 3 Dec - 21:07

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Was starting a keto diet and the canned seafood made sense, until I ate it for like a week straight Random Ramblings - Page 21 502811600

You are mistaken, grasshopper. Zero farts and poops smooth as soft serve ice cream.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 3 Dec - 21:28

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You are mistaken, grasshopper. Zero farts and poops smooth as soft serve ice cream.

Thanks for ruining Dairy Queen for me. Random Ramblings - Page 21 1401550746
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 3 Dec - 21:40

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You are mistaken, grasshopper. Zero farts and poops smooth as soft serve ice cream.

Thanks for ruining Dairy Queen for me. Random Ramblings - Page 21 1401550746
You brought it on yourself, posturizing your thoughts on canned seafood. It's really not that bad if you don't eat it every day.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Mon 7 Dec - 8:24

I watched Tombstone with my dad this past weekend and he said I’m like Doc Holliday.

He’s been using phrases from the movie like, “you sound like an educated man”, and “I’ll be your huckleberry”

We’re both real fast

Last edited by Bill Cain on Mon 7 Dec - 8:39; edited 1 time in total
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 7 Dec - 8:36

Bill Cain wrote:I watched Tombstone with my dad this past weekend and he said I’m like Doc Holliday.

He’s been using phrases from the movie like, “you sound like an educated man”, and “I’ll be your huckleberry”

So you're gonna die of tuberculosis? Condolences.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 7 Dec - 10:36

Bill Cain wrote:I watched Tombstone with my dad this past weekend and he said I’m like Doc Holliday.

We’re both real fast

It’s I’m your huckleberry.
Tell your old man to get the line right or stfu.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 9 Dec - 12:32

I answer my work phone no matter what and I often get spam calls. However, they rarely actually say anything. I answer my calls “[company name], this is [name]”. And it will be silent for a second and then the other side hangs up. I think it’s because there’s a voice recognition software looking for the word “hello”. So if you answer your phone when an unknown number comes up, first, what the fuck is wrong with you, and second maybe just answer “this is [name]” and see if my theory is right. Thanks.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 9 Dec - 13:50

Rocinante wrote:I answer my work phone no matter what and I often get spam calls. However, they rarely actually say anything. I answer my calls “[company name], this is [name]”. And it will be silent for a second and then the other side hangs up. I think it’s because there’s a voice recognition software looking for the word “hello”. So if you answer your phone when an unknown number comes up, first, what the fuck is wrong with you, and second maybe just answer “this is [name]” and see if my theory is right. Thanks.

They’re also testing to see if it’s a legit number that someone answers
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 9 Dec - 13:53

Rocinante wrote:I answer my work phone no matter what and I often get spam calls.  However, they rarely actually say anything.  I answer my calls “[company name], this is [name]”. And it will be silent for a second and then the other side hangs up.  I think it’s because there’s a voice recognition software looking for the word “hello”.  So if you answer your phone when an unknown number comes up, first, what the fuck is wrong with you, and second maybe just answer “this is [name]” and see if my theory is right.  Thanks.

Any number not programmed into my phone goes straight to voicemail every time. I don't want to trigger anything that might open the floodgates to spam calls at this point. I am interested to see how this plays out though. (see Dendro's post)
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 9 Dec - 14:57

Rocinante wrote:I answer my work phone no matter what and I often get spam calls. However, they rarely actually say anything. I answer my calls “[company name], this is [name]”. And it will be silent for a second and then the other side hangs up. I think it’s because there’s a voice recognition software looking for the word “hello”. So if you answer your phone when an unknown number comes up, first, what the fuck is wrong with you, and second maybe just answer “this is [name]” and see if my theory is right. Thanks.

Human or recorded telemarketers go with the first line that answers, but a bunch of different numbers are called at the same time. So, if you pickup and there’s no response, chances are the caller (human or machine) connected with a different line before you did and the rest of the calls (including yours) are released/disconnected. That’s why you get silence.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 9 Dec - 15:46

tGreenWay wrote:

Human or recorded telemarketers go with the first line that answers, but a bunch of different numbers are called at the same time. So, if you pickup and there’s no response, chances are the caller (human or machine) connected with a different line before you did and the rest of the calls (including yours) are released/disconnected. That’s why you get silence.

You seem to know a lot about spamming tGreenway
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 9 Dec - 15:48

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You seem to know a lot about spamming tGreenway

I mean have you seen his posting.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 10 Dec - 12:04

D Wags should stop throwing his Krugerrands around.

[tw]1337079962726248450[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Fri 11 Dec - 10:06

Considering their longevity, I own enough LED lightbulbs to last me the rest of my life.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 11 Dec - 10:52

MSU addict wrote:Considering their longevity, I own enough LED lightbulbs to last me the rest of my life.
Ive had them stop working on me already (not really "blown" like the olden days) so... maybe?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 11 Dec - 10:56

Is it pronounced “concer - tina” or “concert - ina” ?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 11 Dec - 10:59

Or, “con - certina” ?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 11 Dec - 11:08

It's pronounced "brainstorm"
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 11 Dec - 11:12

tGreenWay wrote:Is it pronounced “concer - tina” or “concert - ina” ?

Well, I've only ever heard it sung in one song, but if you listen to "Busy Bodies" by Elvis Costello I think that "concer - tina" is the appropriate pronunciation.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Fri 11 Dec - 11:58

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Considering their longevity, I own enough LED lightbulbs to last me the rest of my life.
Ive had them stop working on me already (not really "blown" like the olden days) so... maybe?
I have been using them for 10 years, whole house has been LED for 7+ years, I have had two of them die.  It is amazing to me how much they have changed over the years, the older ones were really not "instant on" as there was a slight delay and they had large heatsinks that made them heavy. 

I am also factoring in that many new light fixtures do not use bulbs as they have the LED's built in.  I bought a shit ton (a technical lighting term) of them when DTE had some promotional pricing and paid less than 25 cents each.  I am quite certain that I have enough to last my lifetime unless they solve this whole aging problem and we start living hundreds of years.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Fri 11 Dec - 12:02

tGreenWay wrote:Is it pronounced “concer - tina” or “concert - ina” ?
In the army we always pronounced it concer-tina as in concertina wire (which gets its name from the musical instrument).  I hated that stuff.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri 11 Dec - 12:05

My grandparents sent us their Christmas cards. 1 for our eldest daughter, and 1 for us. Except that the card that was for us was a birthday card (it's no one's bday). This is both funny but sad at the same time. My grandpa does everything (96 years old), and takes care of my heavily dementia grandma (92). His handwriting is also that really old school fashioned calligraphy writing. And it was very sloppy. I feel so bad for him, as he is refusing to put my grandma in a home, but it's been way beyond what he can do for a long time. Its a lose lose situation. But we want him to enjoy his time while he can, and he is miserable taking care of her.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 11 Dec - 12:09

Dendrobates wrote:My grandparents sent us their Christmas cards. 1 for our eldest daughter, and 1 for us. Except that the card that was for us was a birthday card (it's no one's bday). This is both funny but sad at the same time. My grandpa does everything (96 years old), and takes care of my heavily dementia grandma (92). His handwriting is also that really old school fashioned calligraphy writing. And it was very sloppy. I feel so bad for him, as he is refusing to put my grandma in a home, but it's been way beyond what he can do for a long time. Its a lose lose situation. But we want him to enjoy his time while he can, and he is miserable taking care of her.

This is why I’ve told my wife of my mind starts going I will go on “the long walk.” She laughs but I’m absolutely serious.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 14 Dec - 13:24

https://servimg.com/view/18898318/15

The can says less than 50% peanut mix. I think it’s more like 80% peanuts. I got screwed by Planters.

Random Ramblings - Page 21 15
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 14 Dec - 13:33

steveschneider wrote:https://servimg.com/view/18898318/15

The can says less than 50% peanut mix. I think it’s more like 80% peanuts. I got screwed by Planters.

I have not bought Planter's cans of cashews or mixed nuts in long time but they always seemed too oily.

Costco's Kirkland brand or even Target's Archer Farms brands are much better. My humble opinion.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 14 Dec - 13:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://servimg.com/view/18898318/15

I have not bought Planter's cans of cashews or mixed nuts in long time but they always seemed too oily.

Costco's Kirkland brand or even Target's Archer Farms brands are much better. My humble opinion.

I'm actually a fan of Fisher's 'Oven roasted nuts never fried' but the store was out of them. I'm going to give the Target brand a try next time I'm over there. I agree with your criticism of the Planters Mixed Nuts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon 14 Dec - 19:28

I've been watching the original Rudolph, and Santa is a fucking dick
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 14 Dec - 19:53

Dendrobates wrote:I've been watching the original Rudolph, and Santa is a fucking dick
Both the elves and reindeer have since unionized.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 14 Dec - 19:56

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I've been watching the original Rudolph, and Santa is a fucking dick
Both the elves and reindeer have since unionized.

The office of red nosed dentists
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 14 Dec - 20:27

Yeah he is.

The best part is "I'm cuuuuute!!!" The rest is trash.

And fuck them for being all nice after the fact. I'd be like, guide your sleigh??? I'm gonna need twice the hay and the biggest stall motherfucker.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Mon 14 Dec - 22:12

There’s nothing wrong with being nice. Sometimes you just have to be more assertive and forceful with communicating what you want
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Mon 14 Dec - 22:49

Poop
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down