Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+27
steveschneider
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
MiamiSpartan
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
WCSparty
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
MattyFresh
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
Cameron
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Bill Cain
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Watch Out Pylon!
31 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 22 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Cameron 2020-12-15, 02:51

Dendrobates wrote:I've been watching the original Rudolph,  and Santa is a fucking dick
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-16, 14:32

I just spent $350 on a previous generation X Box for my nephews thinking it was the new one. Whoops. Hope they take returns.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-12-16, 22:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I just spent $350 on a previous generation X Box for my nephews thinking it was the new one. Whoops. Hope they take returns.

It's pretty confusing. The new one is called the Xbox Series X. I think they're around $500 if you can find one, which isn't easy right now. The previous console was called Xbox One X. You'd think they could have came up with a name that wasn't substantially similar to the last one, but I guess not. Hell Xbox 2020 would have been better than that.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-16, 22:31

y2kMgrad wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I just spent $350 on a previous generation X Box for my nephews thinking it was the new one. Whoops. Hope they take returns.

It's pretty confusing. The new one is called the Xbox Series X. I think they're around $500 if you can find one, which isn't easy right now. The previous console was called Xbox One X. You'd think they could have came up with a name that wasn't substantially similar to the last one, but I guess not. Hell Xbox 2020 would have been better than that.

Yeah and we're on the PS ecosystem in my house so I extra don't know. Good news, I emailed support right away and they cancelled my order. And I found out from my mom tonight that my sister was able to stalk best buy and land the non digital series X for her boys so I didn't even need it.

My kids are getting a used PS4 courtesy of Uncle Clap.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-12-17, 18:52

Went on Doordash last week looking for delivery pizza from a place I hadn't tried before.  Checked out a couple and found a place called Pasqually's Pizza & Wings.  Always scroll to the bottom of the page to check the address to see how far away the place is, to help determine what I should tip. Looked it up and discovered it's the address of a nearby Chuck E. Cheese.  Sure as hell wasn't ordering from there so got Jets.  

Ran across this article today.  Apparently other chain restaurants are putting on the same fake to appear to be "local".

Man discovers ‘local’ wing restaurant isn't what it appears to be: 'It's all a lie'

My local Chuck E. Cheese is pulling some extra shit by using a slightly altered name of a longtime local restaurant that went out of business last year..."Pasquale's"
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-12-17, 20:54

The Pantry wrote:Went on Doordash last week looking for delivery pizza from a place I hadn't tried before.  Checked out a couple and found a place called Pasqually's Pizza & Wings.  Always scroll to the bottom of the page to check the address to see how far away the place is, to help determine what I should tip. Looked it up and discovered it's the address of a nearby Chuck E. Cheese.  Sure as hell wasn't ordering from there so got Jets.  

Ran across this article today.  Apparently other chain restaurants are putting on the same fake to appear to be "local".

Man discovers ‘local’ wing restaurant isn't what it appears to be: 'It's all a lie'

My local Chuck E. Cheese is pulling some extra shit by using a slightly altered name of a longtime local restaurant that went out of business last year..."Pasquale's"

I did know that Paaquales was chuckie cheese. Somehow my husband knew that. I didn't know about the other restaurants though
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-12-17, 21:07

Yeah, found another article dating back to May

https://www.businessinsider.com/diners-discover-that-pasquallys-pizza-is-actually-chuck-e-cheese-2020-5
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-12-18, 14:01

Earwax.

WTF did people do to clean it out for thousands of years before the relatively recent invention of Q-Tips?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-12-18, 14:17

I am reminded constantly by my wife that you shouldn’t clean it at all and it will balance out and if it gets too bad, you go to a dr and get it cleaned out. I knew a guy from Vietnam and he said that there, barbers actually clean your ears with a metal hook thing. Go figure.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-12-18, 16:38

The Pantry wrote:Earwax.

WTF did people do to clean it out for thousands of years before the relatively recent invention of Q-Tips?
Weird candle things and hydrogen peroxide... They had that, right?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-20, 13:30

Is it just me or are commercials trying way too hard to be PC these days? I just wonder how that works?? Hey we're casting a role for a commercial, and we want the female to be white, 30ish and kind of hipsterish and we want the male to be black but not too black and his early 40s and hipsterish? It's kind of silly that there is some executive sitting in a board room deciding these things. How about just audition real life couples regardless of gender, race etc? I don't want to see straight white people in everything because that's not society, but it seems like commercials these days are skewing towards like 50% of every single couple is same sex or mixed ethnicity/race. Trying way too hard. Recent examples - claymation Best Buy ad with the hipster girl breaking open the piggy bank to buy a laptop for her girlfriend. You couldn't have just been wanting to buy the laptop for yourself? Or your mom?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-12-20, 13:42

On mobile but kind of a bad take wbh
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-12-20, 13:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Is it just me or are commercials trying way too hard to be PC these days? I just wonder how that works?? Hey we're casting a role for a commercial, and we want the female to be white, 30ish and kind of hipsterish and we want the male to be black but not too black and his early 40s and hipsterish? It's kind of silly that there is some executive sitting in a board room deciding these things. How about just audition real life couples regardless of gender, race etc? I don't want to see straight white people in everything because that's not society, but it seems like commercials these days are skewing towards like 50% of every single couple is same sex or mixed ethnicity/race. Trying way too hard. Recent examples - claymation Best Buy ad with the hipster girl breaking open the piggy bank to buy a laptop for her girlfriend. You couldn't have just been wanting to buy the laptop for yourself? Or your mom?
Have thought the same but didn't want to bring it up knowing, as the board's sole conservative, I'd get further branded by stereotyping lefties here.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-20, 13:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:On mobile but kind of a bad take wbh

How is it a bad take? It's extremely contrived and fake.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-12-20, 14:01

None of the things in your post are really “pc”. And the basis of “pc” is really just people unwilling to adapt to not be viewed as an asshole
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-12-20, 14:31

It’s been going on for a while that the diversity in advertising and entertainment isn’t reflected in most people’s realities. Does that mean we shouldn’t show a world that has that kind of diversity? Wouldn’t it be better than our often self inflicted segregation?

And yes there are teams of motherfuckers on board rooms at every add agency and network who talk endlessly about this.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-20, 14:31

In response to OTPt. Hmm, I kind of agree with the second point. I'm not sure what to call what I'm observing then. Contrived casting? I don't know how it's done. Maybe Miami can weigh in as he's in that industry if I recall. It's just getting kind of silly in my opinion. It probably just means I'm watching too much tv.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-12-20, 14:32

I’m sure it’s also a hot topic on Parler
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-20, 21:38

I have definitely noticed it. The only one that actually bothers me is Jake from State Farm. We all remember the slightly dumpy white guy who was the original Jake from State Farm. Then they decided to just literally slide a black guy into the same commercial. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shedding a tear for white guy commercial actors losing work, but it's just like, was that commercial and the Jake character really so good that you couldn't just invent a completely new spokesperson, you absolutely HAD to keep it Jake? Doing it in reverse is obviously not okay, that's called whitewashing and people lose their shit over it.

They didn't just call the black Spiderman Peter Parker and hope that no one would notice or say anything, they gave him his own name, identity, and back story. I don't feel like it's necessary to repurpose formerly white roles in order to have minority representation.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-12-20, 22:14

Pretty much guaranteed Mr. Mayhem will never be replaced by a black actor in the Allstate commercials.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-20, 22:39

That's funny Cam. I have zero issues with the new Jake. I think he's pretty awesome.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-21, 00:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That's funny Cam. I have zero issues with the new Jake. I think he's pretty awesome.
I have no problem with the actor, it just seems so unnecessary to me. Just call him Keith from State Farm and literally nothing changes about the ad campaign. I guess the name Jake must focus test through the roof or something...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-12-21, 00:50

The new Jake is jacked. Serious guns. Looks like he could clock both Rodgers and Mahomes.

But, if ATT ever replaces Lily with another actress I'm switching to T-Mobile/Sprint
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-12-21, 04:49

Great rack, those bangs though...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-12-21, 09:41

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Great rack, those bangs though...

Deal breaker? Like, if she was rearing to go with AvgMSUJoe it would be a hard pass?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-12-21, 10:55

Motown Spartan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Great rack, those bangs though...

Deal breaker? Like, if she was rearing to go with AvgMSUJoe it would be a hard pass?
Hell no... just being an internet judge-y troll.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-12-21, 14:58

There's a vid on xhamster of a chick that looks a lot like Milana (rack and all) but doesn't quite sound like her.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-21, 16:36

I have some important questions about some things.

How often do you go somewhere, for example a store - and you see someone that you know? Like you see them across the parking lot or across the store? Say the store/parking lot is big enough and they're far enough away that it would probably have been easy to miss them. But no, I'm sure that's Billy Bob. Now you may like Billy Bob, or you may dislike Billy Bob but you know him pretty well. You may even know them well and like them enough to be friends. But you're kind of in a hurry, and you don't really want to have a conversation with him at that exact moment. So you pretend like you didn't see them. Look away, try to avoid them, etc. Everyone has been there, right? This seems like it happens to me a lot. I was just thinking about this today because it happened to me again. And it dawned on me. Why do I think I'm so fucking sleuthy that I see these acquaintances all of the time from across the way and don't want to talk to them? Why do I think my eyesight is so above average that I can spy them and they can't spy me? No, you dumbass. They saw you, too, and they didn't want to talk to you, either. Right? Or am I just a super observant psychopath?

Which leads me to my next question? Why am I always in a hurry? Where am I racing to and who am I racing with?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-12-21, 16:41

1st question yes all the time but I live in a small town. I usually stop and say hello but no long talks.

2nd question only you can answer. Meditation really does help.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-21, 21:53

This predictive text shit is next level...

Random Ramblings - Page 22 Screen15
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, WhiteBoyHatcher and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-21, 22:00

Cameron wrote:This predictive text shit is next level...

Random Ramblings - Page 22 Screen15

You’ve been fucking pigs?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-21, 22:03

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-12-21, 22:38

Seems like it happens to me once a week. Sometimes I'll stop and chit chat, sometimes I won't. For me, it's not really that I'm in a hurry so much that I'm just not interested in being social at the time. There are days when a trip to the grocery store is my only time of the day to be alone, and I cherish that peace sometimes. So I'll duck out of an aisle that I see a neighbor or acquaintance in even though I'm pretty sure they saw me too. Fuckit.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-21, 22:51

So I'm the only one who has thought for the past 20+ years that I'm super sneaky and the other person didn't see me, too?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-21, 22:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So I'm the only one who has thought for the past 20+ years that I'm super sneaky and the other person didn't see me, too?
I definitely think I have gotten away with it many times. We might just be ninjas.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-12-22, 08:10

Cameron wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So I'm the only one who has thought for the past 20+ years that I'm super sneaky and the other person didn't see me, too?
I definitely think I have gotten away with it many times. We might just be ninjas.

I saw you both.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-12-22, 09:14

Cameron wrote:

I’m that dick that will go out of my way to get your attention to say hi and what’s up. Don’t care what I’m wearing or if I’m in a hurry. So I think I’m the opposite of you guys. I think there is probably something wrong with me. Don’t get me wrong there are plenty of times I have no desire to talk to someone and I’ll make excuses as to why I need to get going but I guess I’m like your dog when you’re out walking him and he sees another dog and gets all excited. I’m like that when I see someone I know Maybe cause I’m older than most I get excited to see people I know cause I figure I’m gonna be dead soon. Fuck I don’t know.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-22, 09:50

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I’m that dick that will go out of my way to get your attention to say hi and what’s up. Don’t care what I’m wearing or if I’m in a hurry. So I think I’m the opposite of you guys. I think there is probably something wrong with me. Don’t get me wrong there are plenty of times I have no desire to talk to someone and I’ll make excuses as to why I need to get going but I guess I’m like your dog when you’re out walking him and he sees another dog and gets all excited. I’m like that when I see someone I know Maybe cause I’m older than most I get excited to see people I know cause I figure I’m gonna be dead soon. Fuck I don’t know.

That makes you the opposite of a dick. That's how my wife is. She is the person that will have the 15 minute conversation with a random acquaintance. In retrospect I believe that this leads in part, to the motivation behind the second part of my question. I have an obsession with being on time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-12-22, 09:58

Most of the people I know are anonymous internet message board posters so unless they are holding a picture of their avatar I have no idea who anyone is
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-12-22, 16:42

Maybe I showed you guys these. I’m old humor me.

Looking through old Christmas stuff a few years ago I put these on Facebook and they came up as a memory today.

Please use your amateur psychology to judge how crazy I was as a kid. TIA
First one is from 1967. My brother and I found Christmas cards in July and we wrote them to famous people. We drew stamps on the outside and sent them. Maybe we wrote “Bart Starr Green Bay” drew the stamp and put them in a mail box. This was in the summer

My brother sent one to the White House and Lyndon Johnson’s Secretary wrote back. It was our only response. Mom freaked out when we got a letter from the White House. We bring it out at Christmas.

Random Ramblings - Page 22 7b06f510

This one is from me to my parents in first grade 1968. What does it mean?

Random Ramblings - Page 22 6dc03310

Random Ramblings - Page 22 82aed510

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next